Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
New varifocals...barely useable, £300 wasted. Lovely staff in the shop, but the product is no good to me. Waste of money.
A big Thank You to the staff at the Sutton Coldfield Branch. They are so helpful, professional and friendly. The eye test was very thorough and the optician made you feel at ease, taking the time to explain everything. A special mention to the young lady who helped me to choose a new frame, took the time to ensure the correct measurements and then made sure the glasses fitted properly when I collected them. I feel the staff really enjoy their job, even in these difficult conditions, which has a very positive effect for customers. I am an avid contact lens wearer but I now love wearing my new glasses.
Hi Joy, thank you for your wonderful review! We're delighted to hear you are happy with your new glasses. We’ll pass your comments onto your local branch, and we look forward to assisting you again in future.
1st class service from start to finish, thank you.
Hi Clive, thank you for the excellent review! We’re so happy that your visit went so smoothly.
I have been a customer of Loftuses and then Scrivens for 40 years for my opthalmic needs. I am well satisfied. Thank You. Dr Anthony D Fox now retired
Hi, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
Recently got some reading glasses from Scrivens - these are very good. They also look after me well with my NHS hearing aid
Hi Gavin, thank you for your wonderful review! We're delighted to hear you are happy with your new glasses.
Had my hearing aids just under 4 yrs and both broke, when I asked about repair, because hadn’t taken out cover and were out of warranty they scammed me for £25 to send then away for repair, and then asked for a further£175 to repair it. When I bought them they cost £495, which means I could buy a new one for £45 more.
Hi, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
Absolutely fantastic staff, always friendly and prompt with the service they provide.
Hi Gian, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
Quick and efficient service, very helpful
Hi Ian, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
Scary going to the optician with covid still about but I had no qualms about visiting Harry. I have trusted him ever since he diagnosed high eye pressure years back. Only disappointment was that glasses so dear despite choosing £10 frames.
Hi Cathie, thanks for sharing your feedback.
Rather expensive
Hi Graham, thank you for letting us know about this, your feedback helps us get better.
There was a lot of noise outside the room whilst having a hearing test,spoiling my concentration. Staff are always pleasent. Optometrist was very thorough .
Very good and efficient
Hi, thank you for the excellent review! We’re so happy that your visit went so smoothly.
Staff are really friendly and helpful
Hi Jeannie, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
We always receive the greatest kindness and consideration and endless patience from all staff at our local Broadstone branch
Hi Christine, thank you for the kind words! We’re so happy your visit at Broadstone branch went so smoothly.
great service,cannot complain very friendly staff,covid rules were applied happy customer
Hi, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
Scrivens basically charged too much money from customer . Once we booked eye test then they offered to provide a glasses as per NHS Voucher .Once we had done eye test the they claim more money for us , this is not acceptable. If they could not make glasses with in NHS voucher budget then they need to inform customer before book eye test. Boots and spacesaver could make bifocal glasses with in NHS voucher budget , why should Scrivens cheat their customer .
Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
Nothing is too much trouble for the team at Scrivens Newark. A highly professional but friendly, personal service.
Hi Nadine, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our branch in Newark.
Scrivens at Didcot ,just brilliant very patient with me when I ordered varifocal glasses and were very quick at sorting out a problem with the prescription . First class service
Hi, thank you for the kind words! We’re so happy your visit at Didcot branch went so smoothly.
Very efficient and helpful as always.
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
I had my eyes tested for a new prescription and chose some new glasses at Scrivens Hythe. All the staff were professional, extremely helpful and very friendly. Will definitely be recommending.
Hi Gwen, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our branch in Southampton Hythe.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.55 based on 3,217 reviews