Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
Still no lenses scrivens. You responded to an email to say you delivered some in March. You didn’t. I have paid for three months worth of lenses but not received any. Do NOT take money from my account if you can’t provide a service. It’s theft. Avoid this opticians like the plague. Specsavers have much better customer service.
I had appointment arranged by my doctor for a hearing test, after many months of problem with hearing for 17th April, the day before I had to ring my doctors surgery as no number given for Scrivens, to check on my appointment to be told .....no one from Scrivens was due to be there on my appointment date! Since then I have found a contact no and rang several times, leaving messages as requested......Still no response. ! Why is it that other reputable companies have managed, even in this crisis to keep patients informed? Whilst I appreciate the situation at this time I am dissapointed that, given their statements about excellant service and clinical excellance ... no one has acknowledged my calls or informed me of any closures or cancelled appointments?.. Reading other reviews it seems as though I am not the only one? One call or letter would have been adequate to releave the stress of not knowing what next to do or who to contact.
Lock down is bad enough. To be presented with automated replies to my many requests for lens solution for over 3 weeks is utterly disgraceful and unacceptable. Can't wait to change my optician.
I have found the level of customer service from Scrivens appalling. I have been trying to contact Scrivens for over a month as I have not received my lenses. There has been no reply to emails and you do not answer your phones. I have worn the same pair for 2 months as I am a key worker and need to see. My eyes are red and sore. My father is with spec savers and received exemplary service on the other hand. I appreciate things are more difficult with Covid. However do not take money from my account every month if you can not provide a service. I shall be moving to specsavers
Had NHS hearing aids from Scrivens but the audiologist gave me little information---told me to clean hearing aids every 2 weeks which is nonsense. I was not given enough time to master inserting then myself. I did not received the promised telephone call after a week nor the follow up appointment 3 months later. I only received a telephone call from a very pleasant girl who answered several of my questions. Currently I am trying to obtain new tubing as I have lost the dome but despite 2 phone calls and 2 emails have heard nothing. Very disappointing experience
I’m not happy at all. I’ve been Trying to contact Scrivens now for two weeks both by phone and emailing Scrivens Customer Care, left multiple messages and got no reply. I have no contact contact lenses after being told by our local branch, that my change of prescription would arrive as soon as they could get them. My wife (an NHS worker) has been sent her lenses but without any solutions so can’t wear hers. Dont know what to do and can’t speak to anyone. Not impressed.
I’ve been emailing Scrivens Customer Care for the last few days and got no reply. My daughter has run out of her contact lenses and we were promised,by our local branch in Driffield, that they would be posted to us. She has university work and is now suffering from headaches.Dont know what to do and can’t speak to anyone. Not impressed.
Cecil Amy establishment in my town are posting prescriptions to customers. Ive had no word from Scrivens since 11th March, their answerphone says ‘skeleton staff’ and please email them. However, emails are not being read or answered, otherwise they would have posted my prescription to me.... most dissatisfied !
I have contacted Scrivens many times by email regarding my large refund that was supposedly credited back to my credit card 23rd March,this has not been done. These are difficult financial times and would appreciate the matter sorted from Scrivens
As said yesterday I was ordering contact lens from Vision. Ordered yesterday and got this morning. How easy was that. After all the trouble and silliness from Scrivens I now know a company who treats customers with respect. Well Scrivens your can’t do attitude and excuses is your loss. Yes you can go ahead and block my account.
Had to order contact lens from Vision Direct today & been confirm by Royal Mail delivery this Friday. Excellent service in these very difficult time. Some time this month Scrivens might delivery my order, been with Scrivens for well over 20 years, I feel let down.
Just received a telephone call from customer service Birmingham number, Very Polite person but unable to tell myself any think at all. As they do not know where the contact lens are and cannot check to see where they could be. They also informed me, they do not know if the store posted them or if they are coming direct and unable to resent. Its all down to the Coronavirus I am being told, (but the facts are these should have been with myself before the lock down started. I have now ordered and paid on line for a new delivery from a different company. I stand by my comments this company does not care about its customers at all, could not even post me a few while they investigate. I will put a new review on line when these contact lens turn up, if they do. The final words from customer service was, if you do purchase some on line we will not refund them under any circumstances.
I still have no contact lenses which I have paid for and been waiting now for over two weeks for had a reply from Customer Service today via an email saying please be patient the store has post them to you yet the store been closed for over a week. They say it’s a family owned and family run business, they don’t care about no one, customer service do not reply and the fact that I got no contact lenses is appalling why do we support stores who got no respect for customers. We should vote with our feet and shop where we are appreciated. I will stop my standing order payments ASAP.
I’ve been trying to contact yourself over the past week, asking where my contact lens are. Which are paid for and way over due. Sent over 20 emails with no reply at all. I fully understand these are difficult time’s for every one, but not being able to see should be taken seriously.
I have been trying for the last 2 days to contact yourselves about an appointment I have on 1st April 2020 , I understand the problems at the moment , but no letter or email from yourselves
I appreciate there's a major issue impacting your service but no one has been in touch to cancel my pending appointment, nor can someone log on to your site to look at the status of the booking.
My wife went into your Rhyl shop, she has been having problems with the bi focal lenses she purchased a while ago. The shop assistant promised to get back to us but never did this was about a month ago. So not impressed at all
on hold for 1/2hr to Norwich st.giles branch and head office. no answer. pathetic.
Hi Garry, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
Terrible aftercare service, had nothing but problems with the hearing aids, the only saving grace was Matthew Simson the audiologist at the branch and now he has left! Head office have been absolutely useless . I have rechargeable hearing aids where I was told that the charge would last at least 24 hours , they were only lasting about 10 hours, the charger was apparently faulty so they said that they were send out another one, it never arrived after chasing up several times in the end Matthew at the branch sorted it out. This has got to be the very worst customer service ever!
Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
Just an update from Monday’s post still waiting for my refund finally got a call back from customer service after 4 attempts they said it was processed last week what a load of rubbish they pretty quick to take your money every month but don’t like to give it back.will Keep this site updated how long it takes
Hi James, thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.56 based on 3,416 reviews