Pure Cremation Ltd Reviews

info@purecremation.co.uk

Charlton Park Crematorium
Charlton Down

Tell us how Pure Cremation Ltd made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
When my beloved father passed away my mother was very ill and could not cope with a traditional funeral, and this is when she, along with the rest of our family, decided on a direct cremation. (We will be having an intimate family memorial evening at my mother's home at the end of this month, where we will share a buffet, photos and happy memories). Pure Cremation were so kind, empathetic and helpful, giving us the impression from the word go that they knew exactly what they were doing, and would carry out our wishes in a respectful and dignified manner, which they did. We are so grateful to them and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone who is wondering about using their services. Just one thing we thought could be improved on is that of informing us when they collected my father's remains from the hospital (so we would have known he was safely in their hands), and also if the cremation date is longer than 7 days from getting the paperwork just to inform us everything is ok as I had to phone myself when we didn't hear within that time scale. (Just small things but takes the worry away). Thank you to all at Pure Cremation, you are providing a wonderful service and we really appreciate both your professionalism and the manner in which you carry it out.
What a fantastic service. I would not do it any other way from now on. Whilst several things would have made it perfect. 1, A couple of administration errors. 2, Didn’t respond to emails. 3,The lovely gentleman that delivered my Mums ashes back to me was wearing jeans and a T-shirt. I felt a shirt and trousers would have been more appropriate.
Dear Samantha, thank you for your kind words. I apologise for the administration errors and failure to respond swiftly to some email correspondence, these issues have already been highlighted and addressed internally. All of our operatives wear a uniform of polo or cotton shirt with our logo and black chino style trousers. This reflects our modern, non-traditional approach and is designed to strike a balance between smart appearance and practical comfort during their busy working week and long drives. I will check whether we need to provide new garments to the staff member concerned so that his appearance matches his caring service.
My mother died in January and I was at a loss what to do, there wasn't a lot of money around, none of us are religious, and there was no family left as she outlived the lot of them. I had been told the local Crematorium was out of action due to the refurbishment company going bust so I hopped online and discovered this thing called Direct Cremation. A number of companies offered it so I read all the conditions and Pure Cremations appeared to offer exactly what we wanted. A quick call to the office and everything was arranged. The service from start to finish has been perfect. They don't bother you with loads of calls just the information you need unless you instruct them otherwise. Everything was seamless and Mum's ashes were duly hand delivered in a beautiful box with her jewellery in an embroidered pouch. We are now able to take her to her favourite place and say goodbye. Highly recommended.
My husband died on 27th July after a long illness. He did not want a funeral so I engaged Pure Cremation. I instantly received emailed paperwork which I completed and the company acknowledged receipt of all paperwork and the green form on 1st August. By Friday 8th,I had received no further communication so I phoned and was told that the cremation was on 12th at 9am. I had paid for the ashes to be returned because the crem was too far away. I was hoping for a call to say that they were in possession of his ashes but I knew they would return them within 28 days. By 25th of July no one had contacted me and I just needed to know where he was, he was only 53 and we have two teenage sons. I was told that they would return him on 27th. I pointed out that I had had to chase this up twice,yet I had had an email last week asking for a review... The lady apologised but it has been stressful because I didn't know whether to expect communication or not. Obviously if I had used an undertaker I would have had more information But it would have cost five times more. I know that this is a no nonsense,business-like service but a bit more contact would have been nice.
Thank you for your review and we are sorry that on this occasion our service did not meet the standard you expected.
I have spoken with my team to emphasise the importance of communicating regularly with those clients who wish to be kept informed of every step whilst balancing this with those who don't.
Overall, a very efficient service. There was only one thing, I was unhappy with and that was the delivery arrangements of the ashes. They were scheduled to arrive when I would have been at work. The time was amended without any difficulty but I had had visions of queuing at the local sorting office for my Mother's ashes, which I feel is inappropriate and insensitive. Mutually convenient times need to be put in place for the handover of the remains. I did mention this at the time. Having covered that one blip, the rest of the arrangements were faultless and I would certainly recommend Powell & Family to anyone who needed a service such as this. I sent an email saying as much and thanking them for their service, kindness and sensitivity at the time so I find being asked to write a review a little excessive and somewhat commercial. I appreciate that this is a business like any other, but I would like to hang on to the delusion that cremation is a dignified, personal part of a loved one's departure that transcends marketing and trade. Frankly, I'm a little shocked to be asked to write a review, clearly my comments at the time were insufficient.
Thank you for your detailed response.
We really appreciated your positive comments at the time of your mother's funeral and hoped that you would be happy to contribute to an independently moderated feedback process that would help other bereaved families to gain an impartial view of the service we provide and so make an informed, confident decision. I am sorry if this request stirred painful memories, and please be assured that this was not our intention.
I hope that you will be comforted to know that after receiving your constructive comments regarding the return of ashes at that time we immediately adjusted our communication process to ensure that every family re-confirms the most convenient date to receive their loved one back into their care. We do rely on frank feedback from those we are privileged to look after, to help us identify any way of refining the service we deliver and I would like to thank you for the part you have played in this. Kindest regards, Catherine Powell.
At a difficult time my experience of pure cremation was not what I expected, from the initial phone call which sounded like the person who answered was in the pub it was so loud ( I have asked for the call to be listened too as you say all calls are recorded) I was told I would receive the paperwork to sign the next morning the only email I received was asking for payment, the invoice had the wrong name on. I called to pay the invoice and asked about the paperwork I had to sign, was told I would be sent all the necessary paperwork by email, this still never arrived so had to call again this was then sent whilst I was on the phone. I had to phone several times just to get a date for the cremation, every time I phoned felt like I was being an inconvenience, even when I picked the ashes up You got the name wrong, I don’t think it’s very professional just to hand the ashes over standing in the doorway of your office.
I mean they did well I suppose, recieving a loved ones ashes, along with 2 application forms for funeral plans and a pen literally attached to the ashes container by elastic band was in poor taste, and then to be told its a common misconception about ashes, they're actually skeleton bone fragments. All while I'm sat staring at the disc on display on the top of the box that's still covered in ash. Totally wierd experience. But I suppose they did collect and cremate and we're lovely on the phone so yeah. Wierd 3 stars from me
As you are running a business I thought I'd let you know that there is no apostrophe in 50s. It looks unprofessional.
We decided to have a direct funeral for my father due to very small number of family being able to attend with some of his family living in Australia and myself and his other daughter both living 6hrs from his home town. His funeral plan only covered him for £850 and we'd heard about direct funerals. After a search on Google I found Pure Cremations and decided to use them after reading good reviews online. Communication was fairly good from the start and they explained what we needed to do. We had a direct contact called Zoe who was polite and helpful in her communication. The only issues we had were them keeping us up to date regarding getting payment from my fathers bank which we had some issues with. Once they did have payment it seemed to take quite some time before they actually gave us a date for cremation. Original contact was 23rd May, he was cremated on 20th June. Once the cremation had taken place we received a brochure and letter from the crematorium so I knew where this had taken place. The ashes were hand delivered by one of Pure Cremations staff in a purple box of good quality and the box came in a tote bag. I was contacted before delivery so I knew the date and time this would happen. I would recommend using Pure Cremations.
Thank you for your review and recommendation.

We are sincerely sorry that things did not move forward for you as swiftly as they could have. It is very important to get things right for each client and to help the bereaved feel that things are progressing.

Although your father's cremation took place just 3 working days after he came into our care we agree that, overall, the interval between receiving your initial instruction and completing the cremation was longer than any of us would have liked.

While this was impacted by factors beyond our control, please be assured that we will still look carefully at what we can learn from your experience.
Pure Cremation thank you, what an amazing company. Just what we needed and what my mother would have wanted. Simple, no hassle, caring, professional and affordable. The staff are extremely good at what they do and sensitive to your needs. Thank you Wayne for being so friendly and caring, you made the whole process of receiving the ashes much easier then I imagined. I actually didn't burst into tears!
Thank you Pure Cremation for being an amazing, sensitive, kind & caring company, I can’t recommend you enough. Having lost my husband to cancer he wanted everyone to remember him as they last saw him & not being cremated or buried. Pure Cremations were exactly what we wanted, simple, no hassle and professional every step of the way. Any queries or questions were answered in a truly sensitive manner, nothing was too much trouble even to the hand delivery of the ashes. Thank you so much for making a difficult time so much easier to deal with.
How do you review a company that provides a service that you don't want but really need at a very sad moment in your life? Well the reality, for us, is that Pure Cremation provided exactly what we wanted in a professional and caring manner. From the first telephone call to the return of the ashes their understanding of the service they are providing and the kindness and respect they showed was faultless. We are very happy to recommend them if you want to celebrate the life of a loved one without the need for a traditional funeral.
I would recommend Pure Cremation to anyone who simply wants to arrange a direct cremation without a funeral. I really couldn't fault them in any way. I looked at several companies before making my final choice and I'm glad that I chose this company. They were kind, patient and helpful and followed my wishes in all respects. My partner's ashes were delivered to me today at work, as I had arranged, and Paul took the time and trouble to ensure that the packaging looked like a regular parcel. At a time when there are so many costs to pay, it was also helpful to have an all inclusive fixed price. I found most of their competitors a little vague when it came to pricing and didn't want to have unexpected additional expenses pay. All in all, an excellent service and if my experience is anything to go by, I would say please have no doubts about choosing this company.
Pure Cremation Ltd was recommended to me by the Coroner who handled my loved one's death. From the moment I contacted them to the moment my loved one's ashes was delivered to me, I received nothing but professional care from Louise. Never having undertaken funeral arrangements before, they made it all very smooth and easy with good advice and empathy. Paul who delivered the ashes was fantastic. He sat down with me for about 20 minutes explaining things in detail. Last but not least, was the price - affordable and decent. I have no reservations in recommending them. 5 star service with dignity. Thank you Caroline Williams
Absolutely amazing service. I was kept informed every step of the way and took away all the worry of having to arrange father's funeral. Father's ashes arrived home in a box, sometimes later. Now if you could help in the same way with my ongoing divorce, I could give you ten stars! :)
We asked Pure Cremation to take care of my mum's cremation. My mum had left specific instructions that she wanted us to arrange a direct cremation rather than the traditional funeral we are used to in this country. I found Pure Cremation to be professional, caring and competent all the way through. They never hassled us for payment or anything else. I could organise all the paperwork online too which was a real benefit to me as I am a full time carer for my disabled husband and was also trying to deal with my mum's sudden death and the need to redistribute her possessions and the like in a very short time frame. I have always hated having to walk into a funeral parlour - though the staff are usually very nice - just as it is such a sad reminder of the loss you have suffered. The team at Pure Cremation made a painful but necessary business much easier and I would wholeheartedly recommend both direct cremation as a better option than a traditional funeral and this company in particular to handle the arrangements for you.
Excellent service. Nothing was too much trouble . Thank you for your help at a difficult time.
I would like to thank pure cremation for the loving care and arrangements, the minute I got in touch with you about our son passing I was made to feel special, everything went to plan from collecting our son into your loving care, transportation to the crematorium of our choice, the service, and the delivery of our sons ashes, very professional, I will be having this myself and a few members of my family have decided this is the best thing, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Mrs P Brown.
At an already difficult time, we had to follow up on documentation that we were promised would be sent out but wasn't, although this was thereafter rectified. In addition, we would have greatly appreciated being told that the body would be transported from the hospital to Pure Cremation's facilities in Newbury before then being transported to our crematorium of choice for cremation. We found out after the fact by accident and were somewhat distressed by this as we wouldn't have wanted our mother's body to be treated like so much haulage. No-one from Pure Cremation subsequently bothered to get in touch with us after we'd picked up the ashes from the crematorium. Sensitive follow up or 'closure' would have demonstrated a little more care. However, we appreciate that the service is very reasonably priced and does go a long way to meeting a need.
I have reviewed the details of the service that you received and would like to make the following observations: your mother was a plan holder and purchased her Pure Cremation plan while living in County Durham, nearly 300 miles away from our office, and presumably had no qualms herself about travelling this distance after her death. You notified us of your mother's death on Saturday 26th January and all documentation was sent to you on Tuesday 29th. Because of your stated wish for swift completion of arrangements, we transferred your mother into our care at the earliest possible opportunity on February 1st and the cremation was completed on February 7th, just 9 working days from your first call. Unattended cremations usually take place at our own crematorium, a short distance away from our office, within 2-4 days of collecting the body and families can then choose to collect ashes from us or have priority delivery for a small extra charge. However, you opted instead for cremation at a venue more than 80 miles from our office. Nevertheless, I can assure you that our well-trained and compassionate staff would not dream of using the term "haulage" to describe how your mother was looked after. I am satisfied that my team was sensitive and responsive in the execution of the service that your mother had chosen.

I note your comment about a courtesy call to families who opt to collect ashes from the crematorium themselves and will be happy to modify our customer care process accordingly.
When choosing pure cremations it wasn’t it wasn’t some thing my late uncle wanted as he stipulated he did not want anything he was donating his body to science,then when it was too late to do this,I was given the leaflet to pure cremations,they were very quick and respectful,and very professional,and under the circumstances that faced me,they were brilliant,I was notified of the commital date,and after this,I was notified by the office that my uncles ashes could be delivered to me anytime any where in the country.
Pure Cremation Ltd is rated 4.88 based on 629 reviews