Pure Cremation Ltd Reviews

info@purecremation.co.uk

Charlton Park Crematorium
Charlton Down

Tell us how Pure Cremation Ltd made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
I mean they did well I suppose, recieving a loved ones ashes, along with 2 application forms for funeral plans and a pen literally attached to the ashes container by elastic band was in poor taste, and then to be told its a common misconception about ashes, they're actually skeleton bone fragments. All while I'm sat staring at the disc on display on the top of the box that's still covered in ash. Totally wierd experience. But I suppose they did collect and cremate and we're lovely on the phone so yeah. Wierd 3 stars from me
I didn't purchase anything from Pure Creation. It was my mother in law who purchased a plan from Pure creamation & Paid the full sum £1595 back in march. The collection, paperwork + the delivery of her ashes were excellent. 10/10. Then I was sent an invoice for the sum of £1300 to be paid by myself! When I enquired as to why?! I was told it was a mistake + apologies were given. It was a mistake that should not of happened, causing me extra stress + worry. Admin leaves alot to be desired, although the lady who I spoke with could not of been more helpful + was a pleasure to speak to + she was very professional + put my mind at rest, even going through the questionnaire forms with me. Regards Jane Horridge.
Dear Jane, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We want every plan holder's family to have the comfort of the Pure Promise - that there is not a penny more to pay when the time comes. We are very sorry that this was not your initial experience. The whole team understands how important this is and will review how they can ensure this very unusual event is not repeated. I am pleased that you received great care and support in all other aspects of our service.
Communication not as promised but when I did speak with someone they were polite and respectful
After reviewing our records I am pleased to see that on the day we were instructed my team made several attempts until they were able to make contact to confirm the next steps and that a member of the team informed you by telephone when your loved one was brought into our care. As you asked not to be informed of the cremation date the next point of contact would have been to arrange the delivery of ashes which took place comfortably within our promised 21-day timescale.

However, we recognise that different families have different needs and I would be very happy to discuss what additional communication you would have liked as we regard this as a key part of our care. Simply call the office and ask to speak to the Customer Experience Director.
I would like to give a good rating as everything up to Mary's cremation date went well. But I then didn't hear anything about her ashes being returned until a few days before 3 weeks from her cremation and only then after I made 3 phone calls. Had I been made aware of the "priority" service I would have requested it as it was eventually 3.5 weeks before their return.
we never had any contact in person with anybody and you do wonder if the body has been collected and if everything worked out o.k.but you are too upset to make phonecalls.
Thank you for your comments. We always aim to treat people in a manner that gives them the level of contact they require. Having reviewed our records we note that following our telephone conversation, you chose not to be informed of the date of the cremation and for the ashes to be scattered in the Garden of Remembrance.

For your peace of mind I can confirm that we collected your loved one on the 1st May, the same day we received the paperwork and the cremation took place on the 3rd May. As is usual practice in order to give people time to change their mind, the scattering of the ashes will take place on 3rd June.

We are very proud of the many reviews we have received mentioning our sensitive and responsive communication with relatives and are sorry that, on reflection you would have preferred a greater level of contact than requested.
My husband died on 27th July after a long illness. He did not want a funeral so I engaged Pure Cremation. I instantly received emailed paperwork which I completed and the company acknowledged receipt of all paperwork and the green form on 1st August. By Friday 8th,I had received no further communication so I phoned and was told that the cremation was on 12th at 9am. I had paid for the ashes to be returned because the crem was too far away. I was hoping for a call to say that they were in possession of his ashes but I knew they would return them within 28 days. By 25th of July no one had contacted me and I just needed to know where he was, he was only 53 and we have two teenage sons. I was told that they would return him on 27th. I pointed out that I had had to chase this up twice,yet I had had an email last week asking for a review... The lady apologised but it has been stressful because I didn't know whether to expect communication or not. Obviously if I had used an undertaker I would have had more information But it would have cost five times more. I know that this is a no nonsense,business-like service but a bit more contact would have been nice.
Thank you for your review and we are sorry that on this occasion our service did not meet the standard you expected.
I have spoken with my team to emphasise the importance of communicating regularly with those clients who wish to be kept informed of every step whilst balancing this with those who don't.
Pure Cremation Ltd is rated 4.88 based on 630 reviews