Pure Cremation Ltd Reviews

Charlton Park Crematorium
Charlton Down

Tell us how Pure Cremation Ltd made you happy
We done non religious service and Pure Cremation were helpful and good Than you
I just wish the communication between them and me will be a little bit better. The rest was very good.
My atheist, pragmatic (and, to be honest, quite penny-pinching) mother left us directions for a direct cremation. We looked into it and chose Pure Cremation based on previous reviews. The service delivery was exactly what we expected - straightforward, low-key, respectful. My only criticism was that I had asked to be told when the cremation was taking place (just so I could set aside a few peaceful moments to think of my mum at the time) but this did not happen and it was only because I happened to make a chasing phone call that I found out it was due to take place any minute. Unfortunately I did not have time to let my sister know. Other than that, we are both happy that this was the simple, economical disposal of my mother's body, which is what she wanted. It was also very simple and stress-free for us, at a time of loss. We really had very little to do, which was great, and we are now - six weeks later - planning a lovely get-together for friends and family, to remember my mother in a way she would have loved.
Dear Gillian,

Thank you for your kind words about our service for your mother. I would like to apologise personally for you receiving the cremation date information so late. This is very unusual but I will look into this as we pride ourselves on our communication and want to get this right for every family - Catherine Powell, Customer Experience Director.
All good except my expectation was that the deceased's ashes would be returned within 21 days - this was exceeded by about 10 days. This was not a problem for us but could be for others. No explanation or apology was offered, (or requested btw).
Dear Mr Charman, I note your comments and would like to reply. We commit to returning a loved one's ashes within 21 days of the cremation, which typically occurs within 2 weeks of the original instruction to care for someone who has died. I can confirm that we completed our service for your family within our usual 5-week timeframe but will make sure that this information is made crystal clear to all families in the future to avoid any anxiety or misunderstanding at a stressful time.
What a fantastic service. I would not do it any other way from now on. Whilst several things would have made it perfect. 1, A couple of administration errors. 2, Didn’t respond to emails. 3,The lovely gentleman that delivered my Mums ashes back to me was wearing jeans and a T-shirt. I felt a shirt and trousers would have been more appropriate.
Dear Samantha, thank you for your kind words. I apologise for the administration errors and failure to respond swiftly to some email correspondence, these issues have already been highlighted and addressed internally. All of our operatives wear a uniform of polo or cotton shirt with our logo and black chino style trousers. This reflects our modern, non-traditional approach and is designed to strike a balance between smart appearance and practical comfort during their busy working week and long drives. I will check whether we need to provide new garments to the staff member concerned so that his appearance matches his caring service.
I would choose these funeral directors again. Just a little problem with timing but I can't fault them for respect of my mother and returning her ashes.
Professional no fuss service The gent who delivered the ashes was extremely helpful and good at his job
It was a pleasure to deal with this company and contact with them was always prompt and courteous. The only complaint I would have is that our express wish was that the deceased wedding ring should be cremated with him and this was conveyed on all documentation. Unfortunately to our dismay, the ring was returned with the casket separately. The delivery driver kindly opened the casket and put the ring in with the ashes for us. Apart from this, we were very pleased with the service provided.
My contract with Pure Cremation is yet to be completed and therefore it is inappropriate for me to comment at this stage.
We first came upon Pure Cremation when we saw an article about them in the Daily Telegraph, and when we read what they did it hit a chord. After a thorough read of their website we decided this was exactly what we wanted for our Mum. All our calls were handled professionally and efficiently and everything was explained well - even when we decided to attend the cremation - this change was accepted with no questions asked and again further guidance was given about how “the service” would take place, where it would be, etc. Mum had always loved flowers and always had them in her home, so it was a natural thing to want flowers at the cremation – we used to tell her that we would send her off with flowers! Zoe confirmed that we should get the flowers delivered to the Pure Cremation office by 3.00pm on Friday – the cremation being 9.00am on the Monday morning. This we did and confirmation of their delivery was received by us from both Pure Cremation and the florist. To our huge upset we arrived at the crematorium on the Monday morning and there were no flowers on Mums coffin! I cannot describe how upsetting this was, made worse by that fact that nothing could be done to rectify the situation, with minutes to spare before our allotted time. We understand that Pure Cremation did deliver the flowers to the crematorium at 10:00am that morning and they subsequently have reimbursed us the cost of the flowers. However it remains that the one special thing that we wanted for our Mum was missing. This is the reason I am not giving 5 stars. I would recommend Pure Cremation BUT if you are attending the service, I would advise you take your own flowers to place on the coffin.
Dear Jane, We are so very sorry that the flowers were not delivered as promised. We understand how much this meant and sincerely regret causing distress. We have taken up your suggestion and changed the advice given to those families attending committals.
We want to take this opportunity to express our appreciation of such a gracious and fair review which acknowledged the high standard of care delivered by our team up to that point.
Efficient and polite service, for a budget cremation. My only concern was that the communication between us was less than we would have liked. Overall I feel my mother in law was treated respectfully. Would recommend to people in our position.
Good to know service at such a time, straightforward with good communication. Thankyou.
We decided to have a direct funeral for my father due to very small number of family being able to attend with some of his family living in Australia and myself and his other daughter both living 6hrs from his home town. His funeral plan only covered him for £850 and we'd heard about direct funerals. After a search on Google I found Pure Cremations and decided to use them after reading good reviews online. Communication was fairly good from the start and they explained what we needed to do. We had a direct contact called Zoe who was polite and helpful in her communication. The only issues we had were them keeping us up to date regarding getting payment from my fathers bank which we had some issues with. Once they did have payment it seemed to take quite some time before they actually gave us a date for cremation. Original contact was 23rd May, he was cremated on 20th June. Once the cremation had taken place we received a brochure and letter from the crematorium so I knew where this had taken place. The ashes were hand delivered by one of Pure Cremations staff in a purple box of good quality and the box came in a tote bag. I was contacted before delivery so I knew the date and time this would happen. I would recommend using Pure Cremations.
Thank you for your review and recommendation.

We are sincerely sorry that things did not move forward for you as swiftly as they could have. It is very important to get things right for each client and to help the bereaved feel that things are progressing.

Although your father's cremation took place just 3 working days after he came into our care we agree that, overall, the interval between receiving your initial instruction and completing the cremation was longer than any of us would have liked.

While this was impacted by factors beyond our control, please be assured that we will still look carefully at what we can learn from your experience.
Everything runs very smoothly at the Pure Cremation end and what is promised, making the whole process very simple and escaping from a traditional funeral, is certainly delivered. I have fed back to Pure Cremation the difficulties I experienced at the GP surgery when my father's death occurred over a bank holiday, in a care home, when the GP wasn't the person signing the death certificate. The information pack now does try to explain that GPs unfamiliar with Pure Cremation can receive further information about how a death will be handled in these circumstances. However it would be much clearer if it was explained to the person organising the cremation. 1) That the body might have to be brought back to local undertakers (if that is what happens) for the GP to view but that Pure Cremation will organise this without difficulty (which it did). 2) The GP can issue the part of the death certificate necessary to take to the registrar and register the death without having seen the body. (Still not clear in information pack). It is not sufficient to issue guidance only to GPs who are not familiar with Pure Cremation, those of us organising need to know exactly what the procedures are. The information pack is still short of these details. Otherwise an excellent service.
I’m so glad I chose to go with Pure Cremation. I was a little unsure to begin with but it ended up being the best decision I could have made. My Dad didn’t want any fuss so it was the perfect option. It took away some of the stress too as I didn’t have to plan anything myself. I would definitely recommend them. The customer service team are also really helpful and friendly. The only reason I gave four stars instead of five was because we had some issues with the paperwork which I think could have been a little clearer. But in the grand scheme of things that was nothing!
Staff were very helpful whenever I spoke to them on the phone and were willing to accept personal items to be cremated with my brother's body. The reason I didn't give the company a 5 marking was because they seemed to forget about returning the ashes to me - I had to phone when it was nearing 28 days after the cremation in order to arrange delivery to myself. I had expected them to contact me when they were available. Still, that was very quickly sorted.
Quick response by very pleasant staff on the phone. Simply handled. Thank you. Long wait for the actual cremation date.
Thank you for your positive review and kind comments about our team.
We fully understand that you would want a sense of closure as soon as possible, and have looked carefully to see why it took 17 days from instructing us, rather than our ideal of 14 days, to complete the cremation.
Sadly, January is a month of very high demand for all professionals involved in funeral care and it is not unusual for families to wait between 3 and 4 weeks for a traditional, local funeral service at this time of year.
We can confirm that securing the legally required cremation paperwork from the local GPs took longer than we would have liked. However, because of this, our team ensured that the earliest available cremation time was reserved for your loved one.
We often have to make a judgement about sharing details of any delays or difficulties associated with an arrangement. We know that there will be occasions when our policy of handling issues quietly “behind the scenes” gives an impression that things are moving forward slowly, but our first priority will always be protecting the bereaved from unnecessary distress.
In sad circumstances, your firm was exceptionally understanding, warm and professional, keeping me updated all the time You are all to be congratulated on the service you offer My sincere thanks
Having come across Pure Cremation on line after being told of such a company by a Hospice worker after my cousin died my wife and I were extremely impressed with how they handled everything and answered all our questions sensitively and when the ashes were delivered again every thing was done calmly and we were left to arrange our own celebration of life.
Staff were professional and caring. The cremation was peaceful and beautiful done - a lovely crematorium.
Pure Cremation Ltd is rated 4.88 based on 613 reviews