Pure Cremation Ltd Reviews

info@purecremation.co.uk

Charlton Park Crematorium
Charlton Down

Tell us how Pure Cremation Ltd made you happy
Thank you to Pure Cremations for making a traumatic few months even more unbearable. Considering your entire business model is designed to be one "your family can trust", provide a person with the "kind of farewell they want" and to accommodate a pre-organised solution suitable for strained family dynamics, my late mother felt confident in using Pure Cremations and made sacrifices during her last stages of lung cancer to be able to pay for her own cremation. If she were here now she would be so utterly upset that her dying wishes have not been carried out. Thinking back to my initial phone call to you, having gone through all my emails and also reading through your website, especially the section on 'How to Register a Death' I cant see any clear mention of the overruling power an 'Applicant for Cremation' would have by UK Law... As it turns out, more power than the actual deceased person! Despite me reiterating my mums wishes multiple times in emails prior to her death and being the next of kin on your the paperwork, my unreasonable and vindictive sister who had no part in my mothers cremation arrangements and spent her entire life walking over her, has been able to prohibit my set of ashes being sent to me and scattered in Australia, a strong desire of my mothers. Last Sunday I had to go ahead with the farewell ceremony I organised in Perth without any ashes, which was devastating. Having your staff advise me to refer to my sister once Mum had passed (who I explained I have no relationship with and is now refusing to respond to any of my communication) to confirm logistics of the distribution of the ashes, having a Manager respond to me that this is a domestic matter, to seek legal assistance and that any further contact with Pure Cremations would be "fruitless'' is as disgusting as your staffs omission to notify me of such an important detail, a detail that could (and should) have been brought to my attention on multiple occasions. Considering the family logistics of my mothers death were explained to your staff at the time of booking the service (that I would be imminently returning to Australia, mum would soon pass and a third party, explained as likely to be my sister would provide you with the death certificate), had my mother and I known this major detail we would never have booked with Pure Cremations, or I quite simply would have stayed in the UK and waited around for the inevitable so her wishes were actually carried out. Either way your neglect to tell us this important piece of information has hugely affected the outcome of things. Thanks once again. At 31, having spent the last 15 months travelling back and forth from Australia, watching my beautiful mother lose her undignified battle with cancer, dealing with this situation from the other side of the world and mentally adjusting to losing my second parent, I hope you sleep well at night and that no one else has to endure what I have at such a difficult time.
Dear Charlotte, thank you for your comments.
We occasionally encounter difficult and painful situations like this. I can confirm that as soon as we are aware there may be disagreements over the funeral or disposition of the ashes we give honest advice about the ability of an executor or applicant to override pre-existing instructions - many people are unaware that this is true even if wishes are expressed in a will.
I acknowledge that your mother's wishes were expressed very clearly in her plan and in your subsequent emails, however, we were not aware that there was any potential conflict regarding these wishes, particularly as your sister was assigned the task fo registering the death and completing the paperwork. After speaking with the team I understand that they had, as a result of careful and sensitive interaction with the your sister, successfully secured her agreement to send ashes to you. Unfortunately, at the 11th hour, a new family dispute halted their shipment.
I have reminded myself that your criticism of Pure Cremation is coming from a place of real pain, however I want to put on record that I am very proud of the compassionate efforts the team have made to support the fulfilment of your mother's wishes. I deeply sympathise with your situation and sincerely wish its speedy resolution, and please be assured that we stand ready to ship ashes to you as soon as we are allowed to. Kind regards Catherine Powell
These reviews are fixed. If they don’t like it they take it down
You are not a customer and are abusing this review facility for defamation and slander against a company director.
Your IP and email address have been passed to the authorities and legal team.
You get "very poor" because you have sent me an email about a "recent purchase" with regard to the cremation of my mother! You need to work on your wording here. Pretty insensitive, eh?
Dear Mr Ratcliffe-Palmer, I note your comment. I am sorry that the terminology used by the independent reviews service that we use has so completely overshadowed the care and service delivered by our dedicated people. We have sent out more than 3,000 review requests and this is the first time that we have received a comment about the wording, however, I nevertheless would like to apologise for any distress that you have experienced as a result.
Service is great up until they take your money..once that's done all ethics go out of the window ..still waiting confirmation on the delivery of my dads ashes I specially book a trip abroad to scatter them and because I didn't have them I wasn't able to ...thanks pure cremation...I highly recommend you DONT use this company
Dear Sonia,

Obviously we are very disappointed with your comments. Having reviewed our records we note that you initially opted to collect the ashes yourselves then, several weeks later on 25th April, your step-father requested we deliver them either by the 29th April or after 11th May. No date or time were specified or agreed. We attempted to deliver them on Friday 29th April but were 20 minutes away when we received a call to say you had to leave for the rest of the day even though no time was specified when the arrangement was made.
It was then agreed that you would contact us when you returned on the 11th May to arrange a new day and time. We received an email from you at 10:30pm stating that you had been expecting delivery that day. We responded that we would make a special journey to deliver them tomorrow, 13th May to which we have not had any response.

At no point were we told that your trip was to scatter the ashes. We are extremely proud of our track record of responding to families needs but we do need to be told what those needs are.
Pure Cremation Ltd is rated 4.89 based on 608 reviews