Pod Point Limited Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over A Week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Pod Point Limited 4 star review on 4th February 2020
Peter Cox
Delayed but no communication

Poor quality of work

Lots of mess which I had to tidy up
It didn't work at all after the initial installation, but an engineer came round to fix it about a week later and so far it works. However, I have marked it poor as, other than the initial phonecall on the evening when I first tried it, I received no call or email back from PodPoint to explain what was going on, despite my sending several emails. The third party electrical installation did call me and fix their mistake without needing me to be on the premises, but PodPoint need to up their game with customer communication.
Installer was 20 min late; no apologies, both him and his boss said that’s all they could do (when arranging I insisted to make sure they can indeed make 8am as I needed to go to work). When he arrived they asked if I’d go back; eventually they managed to install even without me around (looks great, love my podpoint).
Then they sent an invoice for about£300 installation fee, totally not what I had paid to podpoint. I queried it and they replied I must have gotten a grant from PodPoint.
Really bad customer services; really nice charging station
Unhelpful support staff. Lots of confusion during process. Took several months end to end.
Not replying to phone calls twice 😭
No information of what’s required for installation, no support setting up app
Didn’t start work the first time. Came the second and left until I had to phone and complain and then returned
The point isn’t working, and no-one is coming out to look at it until the 12th December - and this is supposed to be the expedited date. Thankfully my husband can charge the car at work, but it is obviously costing him more to do this and is more inconvenient.
1st installer wasn’t aware that if the power couldn’t be taken from the garage fuse box, (the main route discussed pre-visit), the distance was greater than 15m despite me putting it on the pre-installation survey. He then complained a lot told me how much extra I had to pay and left.

2nd installer was great, did a good job, though I haven’t seen the job in daylight. He was fine and I would have given a much better score if the 1st guy hadn’t made me feel to be such a problem to him.
Took several attempts to arrange and you still emailed the wrong email address trying to arrange a time, but you did have the foresight to ring and check that I’d received the invite. When you did eventually turn up, he was very punctual and efficient and very neat and tidy job done
the whole journey, not responsive to emails, book engineers and cancel in short notice or even not informing me that the engineer is not coming, then sending the mount to a wrong address, i had to take 2.5 days from my annual leave to be available for this then things don't go as planned.
Communication- after ordering ( which went well) I was unable, despite 3 separate phone calls to get an indication of when the installation would occur. No one replied to my emails or phone calls. On two occasions the operative explained that there was nothing they could do
This was a non-standard survey prior to installation. As I had to take a half day off work, I asked for the surveyor to call after 2pm. He arrived at 12.30pm and disturbed my elderly father who's grip on reality is tenuous. The surveyor texted me. But as I was driving home I couldn't read it until I got home. A phone call would have been preferable. To his credit he did come back to explain it to me but used a lot of technical terms.
Had to complain multiple times before my receipt and electrical certificate were provided. Had to contact CEO via Twitter, and company via Twitter, FaceBook and email over six weeks.
Not bad but found the ordering process very cumbersome
Arranging the installation was a nightmare - tried to contact installation team 10 times on one day - didnt get a call back. To this day, I haven't had the installation date confirmed, even after the work has been done. The actual installation was faultless
Very poor initially. It took over 6 weeks from payment to installing, following repeated e mails then phone calls. Apparently our case had been sent on to a 'third party installer'. We didn't hear from them at all! We were faced with indifference and unhelpfulness until I asked for our money back. That forced the complaint higher up the hierachy to Callum, who immediately took it in hand, phoning back when he said he would and putting us in contact with a POD point installer, Craig. From this point onwards we had exceptional service, Craig constantly keeping us up to date and coming in especially on a Saturday morning to install as we had been so badly let down. Without this devoted employee of yours, we would now be in the process of making a formal complaint.
The engineer came along and did a good job but I ordered and paid for a lock for the charger and this wasn't fitted. I chased this up and was tod that I would be contacted when the lock could be fitted. I am still waiting! Will chase them again.
Told by the installer that the charger could not be placed where I wanted it, so what was the point of pictures and distances. Only worked for a day, had apower cut then need customer support. Not a good advert is it.
because it does not work and to much time was spent on the phone trying to get the charging unit to connect to the car the installer left the unit with a fault
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.70 based on 15,690 reviews