Glotech Repairs Reviews

of reviewers recommend Glotech Repairs
Read Glotech Repairs Reviews

About Glotech Repairs:

We are one of the UK's leading domestic appliance repairers, fixing almost all makes and models of appliances including washing machines, dishwashers, ovens, cookers, hobs, fridges, freezers, and more!

Please take a moment to read our customer's experiences and share your own.
We are always contactable by phone on 01727 896 789 or email at repairs@glotech.com.

Unit 2 Soothouse Spring, ,

Tell us how Glotech Repairs made you happy
Quoted a call out charge of £128+vat then any parts on top for my smeg extractor which I thought would push the cost beyond that of a replacement so didn't bother.
Have had to call the engineer back as the same fault is occurring. I left a message on the answerphone but no one rang me back. Have now rung again and have an appointment booked.
repairs were ok . just object to paying for each item when it is repaired on the same day and time
Even though they were unable to repair my washing machine, they did reduce the call out charge a little.
I would give 5 stars for the technician. However, the person I dealt with at your call centre was a big disappointment. Didn't want to understand the emergency of my issue,wouldn't put the call through to a more senior member of the team and she was on the verge of being rude.
There was some confusion about the appointment: I booked online and a day or two later received a phone call to say that they were having to postpone it and offered me a slot between 8.00 and 1.00 several days later, which I accepted. This was followed up by a confirmation email saying it would be any time during the day. As it happened, this was OK for me but it might not have been. And then we would have been back to square 1 again. It does seem that there is a bit of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing. However, when the engineer arrived he sorted the problem quickly and efficiently. However, he did not wear a mask, which I think anyone whose work takes them into many different houses ought to do as a matter of course.
Technician came with us half an hour just told us what he thought was the problem. Told us what the parts would cost.Advised it would be better to buy a new Machine .We can't afford to buy at the minute.Do you have any payment Plans.Thanks.We paid out with no result.
The promised next day visit became a next week visit. The engineer inspected the washer dryer, came back the next day to record the model number and I am still waiting to hear if a spare part can be found. It is now a week since I reported the problem.
We are following the advice of your technician and replacing the machine as the same problem recurred soon after he left.
As I have a top loading washing machine were unable to help me but I did appreciate the prompt phonecall to let me know this,rather than sending an engineer to call
I have been informed the item is unrepairable, so am looking to replace it now.
Probably better than some, but lacking efficiency, value-for-money and a certain degree of honesty.
Friday:Informed Glotech that the heating element on our dishwasher needed replacing, and gave model No. etc. Booking appointment for Monday
Monday: received call saying that they couldn't send an engineer till Wednesday.
Wednesday: Engineer called, confirmed that the heating element needed replacing, would need ordering and took £70+ for call out.
Thursday: call from Glotech asking for £80 for heating element (2 days delivery)
7 days later: I called Glotech and was told the element would be sent in 2 days.
Monday: call from Glotech saying engineer would arrive Wednesday
Wednesday: engineer arrived with wrong part - was told that the right part was in stock, would be cheaper and would be delivered by Friday (obviously Glotech pocketed the difference!)
Monday: Glotech called to book engineer for Wednesday
Wednesday: Engineer called and fixed dishwasher.

Conclusions: Although all staff were friendly, no-one really seemed to know what they were doing despite being told of the problem on day one! Taking £150+ from customers before any work is done, leads to mis-trust and impatience. For a company that claims problems will be sorted as quickly as possible, being without a dishwasher for weeks, for my wife and I, as a disabled couple, was extremely inconvenient. Obviously some dishonesty about delivery and price have added to my distrust of this service.
First appointment booked but engineer didn't turned up, no phone call from the engineer or from the office. I had to ring them the week after and asked why their engineer didn't come on the day and the lady did apologised and she is going to enquire of what actually happened. On the same day whilst spoken to the lady I have booked for the second appointment which this time the engineer did turned up and he looked at the cooker, what was the problem. He explained to me that he is going to pass to their office what parts need to be ordered and they will ring me again when the parts is ready and that if I want them to carry on to fix the cooker.
Just after looking at the cooker then I had to pay the engineer as required, so I did even the cooker wasn't fix on that day.
I will have to wait for their office to ring me back then they will order the parts and hopefully they will come and fix it as soon as possible.
1. First visit good with engineer polite informative and competent.
2. When probem repeated, booked return online but no visit took plase. I am assuming coronavirus was the problem
Nothing to review at the moment. Engineer said that cost of repair would be more than cost of a new machine. He recommended Bosch WAJ 24006GB. We have ordered this from you and are waiting to be notified of date for delivery and installation. Will review that work in due course. Rating above given just to satisfy the app.
First in Google search results for fridge repair!
Thank you Glotech for your very prompt and efficient service. Reece quickly identified the issue with our tumble dryer and resolved it. Reece was most courteous, helpful and keen to ensure that we were happy with the job done. We would certainly recommend Glotech to others. It may not be the cheapest way to get a repair but the cost is very clearly stated at the outset and it is much cheaper than replacing an appliance. ( Note I would give you five stars but that part of the survey is greyed out to name just now)
Please customers, be aware that the initial outlay (£110.34 for our Liebherr Fridge/Freezer) may not repair your product. Our final bill was £160 as our product was re-gassed but 'died' the next day. Engineers that called were very knowledgeable but left no report as to the work they had carried out. Pleasant company to deal with but in our opinion, we think that the Engineer was not prepared to spend any more time fixing leaks (which he had to identify) as it would not have been cost effective for him. We did not receive an answer from Glotech when we e-mailed them about this.
Rather slow in attaining the spare part then a further delay in getting to fit it ,.However the engineer was very pleasent and efficient when he
Called on Monday on schedule.
Never phoned back to give price on part that was needed
Glotech Repairs is rated 4.12 based on 1,398 reviews