Glotech Repairs Reviews

of reviewers recommend Glotech Repairs
Read Glotech Repairs Reviews

About Glotech Repairs:

We are one of the UK's leading domestic appliance repairers, fixing almost all makes and models of appliances including washing machines, dishwashers, ovens, cookers, hobs, fridges, freezers, and more!

Please take a moment to read our customer's experiences and share your own.
We are always contactable by phone on 01727 896 789 or email at repairs@glotech.com.

Unit 2 Soothouse Spring, ,

Tell us how Glotech Repairs made you happy
Appointment easy to make online, engineer visit on time and problem identified. Part needed to be ordered which took some time but once available job repair was quickly actioned.
Have used before and will again.
Posted 1 hour ago
Easy to make the appointment on line for my Miele, Ben from GloTech South East turned up (gave me 30 minute warning) checked everything, showed me where the problem was, fixed it. Couldn't be more efficient, friendly and QUALIFIED to do the job.
I am relieved to have found GloTech.
Susie
A well-priced, reliable and friendly service. I'd definitely use Glotech again.
We have had trouble with the door not opening & shutting properly on our dishwasher.The engineer who called last Thursday (25th Feb 2021) was very polite & efficient and after repairing the door gave the machine the once over and it looks & operates like it was brand new.
Subject: RE: Your repair with Glotech Services [OX15 4HH]

The guys you sent were excellent thanks – knew their job really well, were tidy and nice to deal with
No problems at all
In Oxford
terrible service, no service at all.
For the flat fee up front you get absolutely nothing! just a quick visit,
then they will try to charge you a fortune for parts without guarantee that it will work

don't fall for that.
Your engineer came for 4 minutes and just opened firidge door and said compressor is faulty. But I call an other my local engineer he fixed it compressor
Wasn’t faulty he just filled the gas in and
It’s still cooling.iPaid you £101 it’s wasted.
Your engineer is untrained thanks.
Engineer called today 25/2/21 very polite on time but sadly was not worth repairing, would use them again.
I have been without a washing machine since 27th January 2021. I am in a family of 5 with a daughter who has Autism. We have to wash our clothes by hand and that is an undertaking especially when 1 of our children wets the bed. So for nearly 5 weeks we have had bags on top of bags of washing which we cannot keep up with. We have had 2 appointments cancelled so far and i am expecting the 3rd one to be cancelled again at the last minute as these people do not care. It feels like no one wants to fix our washing machine. The service is poor and if there was a -1 I would give it to this company. It does not cost nothing to have a little compassion especially at this time.
We would like to thank your company for its excellent service fixing our fridge freezer, and please pass on our thanks to the two super engineers. We will have no hesitation in using your company again, and will highly recommend you to anybody wishing to use your services. Thank you.

Unreliable - be warned. Cancelled confirmed repair appointment with less than 48 hours notice. Offered an alternative 9 days later!
A good professional seamless service from Glotech.
Very professional identified the fault and returned with correct part and fixed the appliances. A great service, great engineers, polite, wore masks, left area clean. Superb service
Engineer wouldn’t wait 5 mins so I can get out of a shower before leaving. Been waiting for over two weeks for an appointment and after ringing head office was told I have to book another one that was nearly 2 weeks away. Eventually when engineer came he had no idea what he came in to fix even though fault was described in detail when made the booking in the first place. Needles to say, still waiting for the appliance to be fixed. Been over a month so far...
Tony was fantastic, great service and very efficient. Would definitely recommend.
(Ton) - Posted 1 week ago
(Ton) - Posted 1 week ago
943682 - Michal was a true professional. He did amazing job on my dryer and now works perfectly. 10/10
It was very easy and quick to book an engineer online. I got a phone call from the engineer when he telling me when he would turn up. He was friendly and professional, and I would not hesitate to use Glotech again.
I spent £3,618 with Glotech Appliances St Albans in November 2018. The appliances were fitted into a brand new house in February 2019. In January 2021 my De Dietrich oven stopped working, just outside of its 2 year warranty. I called Glotech Repairs, told them it was a De Dietrich oven, exactly what the problem was and paid them £90 to come and repair it. The engineer decided the door hinge needed replacing but he didn't have one on him so would have to come back. 6 days later Glotech repairs call to say they can't get hold of the part and there is nothing they can do. We are talking about a 2 year old £729 oven! Purchased from Glotech! I explained my loyalty to their company and did that not count for something and perhaps they should try a bit harder to help me. No interest. I asked if I could have a refund for the pointless call out charge. No.
To say I was stunned is an understatement. That such a new expensive product is a write off, that the service I received was so poor, that they were happy to take my money for a repair they knew they couldn't fix... I am extremely upset.
If I can't get hold of the part I will need to buy a new oven, a different brand, which will sit below a De Dietrich combi oven. I've spent £820, for nothing.
No doubt someone will reply that Glotech Appliances and Glotech Repairs are 2 different companies. No, they're both called Glotech.
Don't go near them.
== BE VERY CAREFUL WITH PRICES FOR SPARES ==

I booked Glotech to repair a dishwasher because they seemed to offer a competitive service price and could provide an engineer one week earlier than the manufacturer.

Unfortunately, Glotech sent an engineer who did not know how to service the dishwasher. He was a nice guy, came at the scheduled time, was very polite and took appropriate safety precautions. The engineer took the dishwasher apart and searched on google, then put it back together and said I would be contacted by the service team.

I did not get any follow-up, so I called the Glotech service team after a few days and they told me they would need to send another "senior engineer". We waited about 2 weeks for the senior engineer to come. This is pretty disappointing since Glotech knew the exact model of dishwasher when they decided which engineer to send.

On the second visit, the senior engineer came with the original engineer. Again, both were very polite and professional. They made a detailed diagnosis of the machine and identified several faults. They said I would be given a quote by the service team.

A few days later, Glotec quoted me 764 pounds for parts. The dishwasher is a double drawer unit and this price is more than the price of buying a new drawer, so that seems crazy expensive. I searched online and immediately found the parts for a much lower price. I called the service team from the manufacturer and they told me their service team would provide the parts for 390 pounds plus they would include a warranty. This surprised me since I would expect the manufacturer to be a premium rate compared to a third party.

I discussed the price with Glotec and they said that was the price they paid for spares. Clearly that can not be true since genuine parts are easily available online at much lower pricing. So, either Glotech are really bad at sourcing spares or they have a huge mark-up on the price.

Glotec initially offer a slightly lower call out fee compared to the manufacturer which makes them look like good value. In this case, the call out fee was 21 pounds less than the manufacturer. They then charge about double the price for the spares, in this case 390 pounds more. I am very disappointed with this strategy, and it makes me feel like Glotech are trying to trick me.

I cancelled the service and booked the manufacture for the repair. Glotech refused to reduce or remove the service charge despite not fixing my dish waster, so I have paid Glotech 114 pound for two service visits and all I received is a one month delay and an overpriced quote.

If you are considering using Glotech for servicing ask them for pricing for typical parts and carefully compare these BEFORE paying your initial service fee.

Not recommended. I gave them 2 stars since the service engineers were very professional.
Glotech Repairs is rated 4.12 based on 1,396 reviews