Glotech Repairs Reviews

4.2
Based on 2,620 reviews
Read Glotech Repairs Reviews

About Glotech Repairs:

We are one of the UK's leading domestic appliance repairers, fixing almost all makes and models of appliances including washing machines, dishwashers, ovens, cookers, hobs, fridges, freezers, and more!

Please take a moment to read our customer's experiences and share your own.
We are always contactable by phone on 01727 896 789 or email at repairs@glotech.com.

Unit 2 Soothouse Spring, ,

Tell us how Glotech Repairs made you happy
Max was very polite and professional turned our problem not with washing machine, was blocked drain!
Excellent and efficient service. Repair successfully completed in a timely fashion
Extremely professional and helpful service
Only problem we had was finger problems on fitted oven. But technician very understanding and gave a demonstration of correct operation. High price for experience but at least we’re up and running again.
I was surprised. My oven is 17 years old and failed to reach required temperature. I Googled faults, and reviewed possible repairers, although feared large investment in a new oven. The whole process was clear from the initial contact, detailing costs and arranging a home visit. It worked, confirmed by email, phoned by technician en route, and repaired. One problem could not be fixed and he took a photo on his phone to show me why.
Easy to book a next day appt. Visited by Dean who quickly found the fault with our oven & fix it -had us back up and cooking in no time
Would never use again Don’t ever ever use Glotech repairs if you live in north London. They are nothing like the sales department who have always been helpful. Shockingly appalling service .. my washing machine broke down 3 weeks ago. I paid for a 48 hour response and they sent an engineer 2 days later, who said as soon as he saw the machine (Miele) that he “didn’t do our model” . We would need another engineer. He booked in another engineer who couldn’t come for 3 days and then when the engineer came he said he would have to order a part which I paid for there and then. When I asked to book the next visit I was told they couldn’t book another slot until the part arrived which would take 3 days. When I called 3 days later to check if the part had arrived I was told that I had paid for the wrong part and they realised after he left that they had ordered the wrong part. The correct part was more expensive so they were waiting for me to call them to pay. When I asked them why they didn’t call me they said they were waiting for me to call them to arrange this. When the part arrived 3 days later they called and said the earliest availability for the engineer was in the following week. When the time came the inexperienced engineer (who doesn’t do our machine) turned up and said he didnt know why he was sent as he didn’t do our washing machine and I would have to book the right engineer which would take another 3 days. Said engineer turned up last Friday and fixed the New part saying he had fixed the machine. Lo and behold on Saturday it stopped working with the same problem. I had to wait til Monday to call them and say they hadn’t fixed the problem and the engineer needed to come back. They said they had no availability until yesterday (Weds) between 8 and 1. I waited all day yesterday. Despite an emailed booking confirmation the engineer didn’t turn up. When I called the office at 1pm yesterday to check if the engineer was coming, a very stroppy woman said that she couldn’t do anything about it and that I should just wait . After asking her to check with him she tried to call him but he didn’t reply. I have had to rearrange work commitments every time an appointment was made and taken time off to make myself available. I was worried yesterday as I needed to go out so wasn’t sure what to do . . 2 hours and 3 calls later at about 4pm another person I finally spoke to asked me if I wanted to make a complaint. He also said he would find out what happened and call me back. He didn’t. I’ve given up and I think it’s astonishing that this is acceptable customer services in their eyes
Engineer failed to turn up two days running. Lack of communication as I sent several emails.
Efficient repair by a knowledgeable engineer. Excellent service.
Engineer listened to what problem was, he tested the machine and diagnosed fault . Spare part was on the vehicle and aching back in service within One hour. Explained what was happening all through. Excellent service and one satisfied customer.
Not a good experience this time I'm afraid ... 1. On my first call it took ages to answer the phone and then the guy, who seemed to be located on another continent, struggled to understand me even when I used the phonetic alphabet to confirm my postcode 2. There was no option but to hang up and ring again ... ended up in another long queue! Managed to book the service call this time - for two days later 3. Nobody appeared in the time window I had booked (0800 to 1300) and no one rang to say that they wouldn't make it - which to me is just poor communication. 4. Rang to chase them up. Stuck again in a long queue! They tried to ring the engineer who was booked on his mobile but they couldn't get hold of him and said they had no idea when he would get to me. Didn't even offer to keep trying and get back to me. 5. The guy arrived 45 minutes late - having rung ahead to say he was on his way. To be fair he was professional, friendly and apologetic and diagnosed the problem fairly quickly. 6. He said the office would order the required £ 15 part and arrange a return visit. 7. Four days later I'd heard nothing so I chased them up. (Stuck in a queue again on the phone). 8. They said the part was ordered on Monday - and not on the day of the visit (the preceding Friday). or the following morning (when they work half a day). They also said it could take up to five working days to arrive, which is ridiculous as I've found suppliers who would ship it overnight. ... so we will be without use of our dishwasher for well over a week. ... definitely going to have to try someone else next time.
I was left feeling uncertain. I was told my cooker was unserviceable. Apparently the clock was faulty and replacements cannot be obtained ( I subsequently found quite a few spares available online) and the wiring was faulty and not accessible. I wasn’t shown this and a couple of friends have made me question that surely it must be accessible. So I paid £120 to be told I need to buy a new range cooker ( at least a couple of grand) and wondering if for a couple of hundred I could get spares.
Polite efficient technician. Telephoned prior to arrival. Helpful advice before leaving
I think you should only pay the £80 cost if a repair is done, I was told it would cost a lot to get repaired, the service man was here for 5 minutes and did no repair so I think it should be honoured that the fee be returned if no repair done as I live alone and that is a lot money to me and it would have gone towards a new washer. I would try and find a place that does a no repair no fee as I think £80 to do nothing is wrong.
Awful company! Left with more issues than we had reported then wanted another fallout to fix THEIR ISSUES!! I went for this company because of their positive reviews but now reading them back they are suspiciously similar “I spoke to Ben, very satisfied customer!” “I spoke to Scott”… the engineer never introduced himself so sounds like this is a company that tries to drown out 1 star review with fake 5 star reviews
Beware if you have a older machine like my Miele Novotronic Premier 520, £120 to be told its obsolete. Go for a repairer who promise no charge if it can’t be repaired.
Would give your technician no stars if it were possible he was rude and arrogant didn’t solve our problem and we asked him to leave
The person who came round was great. He was clear, helpful and honest..... but it would have been more helpful if Glotech said 'up front' that there is no point trying to repair an induction hob with the error message I supplied to them. It was immediately obvious to the engineer that the repair would cost more than a new hob.... so why not say so and save your engineer time and me money?
Great experience-quick and easy online booking, no hidden fees as you're informed of the price when booking. I had my built-in dishwasher fixed by Dean who was very professional, explained what was wrong and what he was doing. Fixed on the day, no mess left behind - would recommend.
10 minutes in the queue. to be answered, then told no one in my postcode to deal - so much for their advert. Hampshire
Glotech Repairs is rated 4.24 based on 2,620 reviews