Glotech Repairs Reviews

of reviewers recommend Glotech Repairs
Read Glotech Repairs Reviews

About Glotech Repairs:

We are one of the UK's leading domestic appliance repairers, fixing almost all makes and models of appliances including washing machines, dishwashers, ovens, cookers, hobs, fridges, freezers, and more!

Please take a moment to read our customer's experiences and share your own.
We are always contactable by phone on 01727 896 789 or email at repairs@glotech.com.

Unit 2 Soothouse Spring

Tell us how Glotech Repairs made you happy
Your organisations should be aware that you are the most unprofessional, disorganised, unreliable and poorly managed provider of appliance repair services that I have encountered in my 75 years. I shall itemise the problems for you so that you can respond if you choose to do so. - I used the online provision to book a visit from the Glotech Repairs service team on 5th October at 1118. This seemed to work efficiently and I was offered an appointment 4 days later during the morning. Not the fast reliable service or a same / next day appointments at the top of your online advertisement but I thought I’d give it a go - Expectantly I waited in all day on 9th - no one had arrived as promised during the morning period offered and at just after 1pm I emailed the company for an update. I received from Chloe a reasonable reply: I’ve just checked for you unfortunately the engineer has been held up with a couple of his jobs today and will be with you approximately in the next 2/3 hours. Will this booking still be okay for you? - I immediately agreed and again waited in all afternoon. At 1630 I received: The engineer has just made us aware he is having trouble at the job he is currently at and he isn’t going to make it to you today I’m afraid. Could we re book you please, what day would be convenient for you? Sorry for any inconvenience - I reluctantly decided to continue, replying As soon as you can please, any morning, EXCEPT FRIDAY - Someone replied I have changed this to tomorrow morning for you. Sorry for the inconvenience caused from today’s appt. Thanks My reply Thanks. Earlier the better if you can. - Eventually two operatives DID arrive (at about 4pm!!) and spent time looking for problem. This took a while but they decided with support from the main office team that it was a faulty impeller item. They said one was in stock, charged the agreed fee and told me someone would be in touch immediately to arrange fitting. - Again that didn’t happen and next day I resorted to calling the number I had - was passed from the main central booking team to the Kent service providers who had to check they had the part (they did) and I was informed someone would call next day to say when an operative would arrive to fit it. They didn’t and I am still waiting. I cant think of anything else that COULD go wrong so you managed to get 100% score on that count. In everything else you were awful. The fairest outcome would be that you return my £80-odd to me and I can make alternative arrangements. If you can’t do that, I shall put this review online wherever I can to possibly prevent others being served as poorly as I have been - joining I note about 30% of your reviewers who are less than fully satisfied with your service. Laurie Bush (Dr)
Engineer did not even turn the washing machine on to confirm the problem or pull it out, just looked in the drum. He was here for 5 minutes in total. Did not adequately explain the problem - it was like pulling teeth - could it possibly be anything else - I would like to have discussed this possibility but he just carried on writing out his sheet in order to collect the £85 call out charge. Said would send a quote. emailed quote for over £400 to repair "bearings" ??
1st vist needed new heater element 2nd said it was repaired 1st wash not working 3rd appointment they cancelled 4th appointment they cancel again 3weeks with out washing machine cheaper and quicker to buy new one definitely would NOT recommend
I thought I had found a reliable company to fix my washing machine (based on some of the earlier reviews on this website). Not so! So far have paid out £163 towards the repair of my washing machine only to discover today that there is an additional issue, requiring another part, incurring an additional cost and which will now cause a further delay in the repair. Had I known that the repair would end with an *estimated* cost of £200 and potentially more, I would have put that money towards buying a new machine. So now that I have already begun this process with Glotech, another part has to be sourced, a new appointment to be arranged and I will have to await a third visit from an engineer. In the meantime, no washing machine. I am not impressed.
Absolute scam, please avoid. Gentleman made no attempt at a repair. Looked at the fridge for 30 seconds, said it's beyond repair and demanded payment. Please avoid and don't use this scam service
Charging 71 £ for repairing new wash mashine. ..no repair needed. Just funking cuntish. .will never use this service anymore!
Unfortunately I cannot commend Glotech. They have sent a 3rd party out to repair my Hob and it has been 3 weeks since the engineer attended and there has been no follow up since then. Getting very close to Christmas without a Hob. Not the best service.
The belt broke on my tumble dryer and after waiting another week the engineer came back fitted the belt but still not working well, by this time I’d paid £101 he then came back and diagnosed two more problems which should of been diagnosed on first visit so there with the 2nd lot of problems another £50 in parts then once the engineer came back another week later he said it would be repaired but didn’t have a screw or washer So after another failed attempt and being messed around I was refunded £27. For the belt . And the repair was cancelled I was messed around for 5 weeks without a dryer , no one called back despite me asking to talk to a manager , total waste of my time and money, and cost of paying for parking. Would not recommend this company and in future would just replace it as trying to repair it was frustrating, time consuming and a waste of money and in the end I bought a new dryer.
Very disappointed and would not recommend. Booked the appointment for a repair and a day off work. Engineer turned up could not identify the model number and therefore was not able to say how much the replacement part would cost. I did not pay the engineer. I have been hounded for the last few days for the repair cost, which in my mind has not been completed yet. The customer service threatened me with debt collection if I did not pay and also said they won't tell me the cost of the parts until I paid. I have offered to pay cash for collection or when the repair is completed but they refuse and will only take card over the phone. This service is not on. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Avoid this company at all cost! Engineer came, stayed for 5 minutes, told me that bearing needed changing, charged me the call out fee and left. Then wrote something completely different in their internal report with a very long list of parts that needed changing, which, supposedly he told me about when here (he did not). And I received a message that the machine is not worth fixing, as it would cost 790 pounds. The new bearing for this machine costs about 30 quid (checked online)...
This is a dreadful disjointed and useless company. Engineer didn't turn up on time, despite my driving 20 miles to meet him, repair didn't get done, even though I explained the problem before hand, received a quote for the repair that was TWICE the cost of a new machine, and finally, I STILL got charged for the repair. I had to deal with four different people, on three different phone numbers, and two different email addresses. And the actual engineer did not give me his mobile number. When I complained, I got told to look at the terms and conditions. Shockingly bad all round.
Fridge mended promptly. Engineer very courteous and willing to help. Took a couple of trips to sort issue so good value for money. Buckinghamshire.
Alex provided an excellent and quick serice, saving us a lot of money!
(Alx) - Posted 1 year ago
Terrible company. Reviews read great so I chose these to do my work. They subcontracted my Job out to another company who had awful reviews and one that I had already chose to not use myself. The sub contractor game out and did a poor job. Don't use Glotech as they won't be the company that does your work.
Started well with the fridge engineer coming out within 24 hours to either fix or diagnose the problem. In this instance I was told I needed a new compressor and require a return visit. Having paid for the first visit, which included all subsequent visits excluding parts, and it was after this things went wrong. Having been promised a call within 48 hours to get a second appointment made I had to chase them twice to get somebody booked in only for nobody to show up yesterday. As well as no phone call to let me know they are now debating if they have diagnosed the problem correctly in the first place. A return visit has been promised but it is now over a week since they first came out and my advice would be that if you have an urgent problem then spend a little more and get somebody more reliable to come out.
Excellent service, friendly and knowledgeable ..
(Mar) - Posted 1 year ago
The engineer who came today was very helpful and friendly. Fixed the machine in no time and gave me great tips!
(MA) - Posted 1 year ago
Turned up on time tried hard to get appliance repaired but to no avail would recommend this company
(And) - Posted 1 year ago
The engineer knows what he is doing
(Ko) - Posted 2 years ago
I was confuse when I received an email from Repair4U, but I received an email from you the day after. The washing machine was not fix. The engineer spend long time on the mb. The engenieer left water on the floor. so I have to ash to clear and I provided a towel. The engineer said that we have to replace the a part "Module" I received a phone call two day after regardi the replaxcement of the module. The part cost was about £450 so I said that was far too expensive for a 7 years old washing machine. I have ask a written quote by email to discuss with my wife but I haven't received yet. Today I have send and emeil about the part price.
Glotech Repairs is rated 4.16 based on 893 reviews