Glotech Repairs Reviews

4.2
Based on 2,613 reviews
Read Glotech Repairs Reviews

About Glotech Repairs:

We are one of the UK's leading domestic appliance repairers, fixing almost all makes and models of appliances including washing machines, dishwashers, ovens, cookers, hobs, fridges, freezers, and more!

Please take a moment to read our customer's experiences and share your own.
We are always contactable by phone on 01727 896 789 or email at repairs@glotech.com.

Unit 2 Soothouse Spring, ,

Tell us how Glotech Repairs made you happy
Your organisations should be aware that you are the most unprofessional, disorganised, unreliable and poorly managed provider of appliance repair services that I have encountered in my 75 years. I shall itemise the problems for you so that you can respond if you choose to do so. - I used the online provision to book a visit from the Glotech Repairs service team on 5th October at 1118. This seemed to work efficiently and I was offered an appointment 4 days later during the morning. Not the fast reliable service or a same / next day appointments at the top of your online advertisement but I thought I’d give it a go - Expectantly I waited in all day on 9th - no one had arrived as promised during the morning period offered and at just after 1pm I emailed the company for an update. I received from Chloe a reasonable reply: I’ve just checked for you unfortunately the engineer has been held up with a couple of his jobs today and will be with you approximately in the next 2/3 hours. Will this booking still be okay for you? - I immediately agreed and again waited in all afternoon. At 1630 I received: The engineer has just made us aware he is having trouble at the job he is currently at and he isn’t going to make it to you today I’m afraid. Could we re book you please, what day would be convenient for you? Sorry for any inconvenience - I reluctantly decided to continue, replying As soon as you can please, any morning, EXCEPT FRIDAY - Someone replied I have changed this to tomorrow morning for you. Sorry for the inconvenience caused from today’s appt. Thanks My reply Thanks. Earlier the better if you can. - Eventually two operatives DID arrive (at about 4pm!!) and spent time looking for problem. This took a while but they decided with support from the main office team that it was a faulty impeller item. They said one was in stock, charged the agreed fee and told me someone would be in touch immediately to arrange fitting. - Again that didn’t happen and next day I resorted to calling the number I had - was passed from the main central booking team to the Kent service providers who had to check they had the part (they did) and I was informed someone would call next day to say when an operative would arrive to fit it. They didn’t and I am still waiting. I cant think of anything else that COULD go wrong so you managed to get 100% score on that count. In everything else you were awful. The fairest outcome would be that you return my £80-odd to me and I can make alternative arrangements. If you can’t do that, I shall put this review online wherever I can to possibly prevent others being served as poorly as I have been - joining I note about 30% of your reviewers who are less than fully satisfied with your service. Laurie Bush (Dr)
Our fridge and freezer broke so I booked with Glotech Repairs. When they came in they only checked for a minute then just told us that it needed a gas refill. Before they even started they wanted us to sign the paperwork or otherwise just pay for labour costs(£102) which totaled up to £200. So without even starting you have to pay money. Therefore we signed the contract and cannot get by help when the fridge and freezer are still not working. I strongly would not recommend this company.
Nobody turned up, nobody called. Left a voicemail on Saturday and nobody has called back.
Avoid this company at all cost . Not even 1 star. Twice had appointment cancelled on the day engineer due to arrive. customer service zero. They only want your money
I thought I had found a reliable company to fix my washing machine (based on some of the earlier reviews on this website). Not so! So far have paid out £163 towards the repair of my washing machine only to discover today that there is an additional issue, requiring another part, incurring an additional cost and which will now cause a further delay in the repair. Had I known that the repair would end with an *estimated* cost of £200 and potentially more, I would have put that money towards buying a new machine. So now that I have already begun this process with Glotech, another part has to be sourced, a new appointment to be arranged and I will have to await a third visit from an engineer. In the meantime, no washing machine. I am not impressed.
Absolute scam, please avoid. Gentleman made no attempt at a repair. Looked at the fridge for 30 seconds, said it's beyond repair and demanded payment. Please avoid and don't use this scam service
Engineer did not even turn the washing machine on to confirm the problem or pull it out, just looked in the drum. He was here for 5 minutes in total. Did not adequately explain the problem - it was like pulling teeth - could it possibly be anything else - I would like to have discussed this possibility but he just carried on writing out his sheet in order to collect the £85 call out charge. Said would send a quote. emailed quote for over £400 to repair "bearings" ??
I had a doctors emergency so I asked the engineer to confirm if he could just reduce the appointment window by 30 minutes. He was completely uncooperative saying I need to be home 12-5, and can't reduce the window to 12:30 - 5. I had to run back home from the hospital (I'm 30 weeks pregnant) just to make it here in time for the 12-5 window and the guy never came! No call, no message nothing. Is this the service you provide? I would give 0 starts if that was possible.
We had a problem with the washing machine as it was not draining the water. After checking the obvious things, filter and drain pipe we decided to call for an engineer. We explained the problem and Bill was very polite and gave us various options to try. He was not annoyed at the fact we called 3 times, he was extremely pleasant and helpful! I am so grateful for his honesty and service, he was outstanding!! He could have easily had us book an appointment and pay unnecessary charges. It all just goes to show there are still good tradesmen out there and I will definitely refer to him and refer others to him in the future.. All I can say that based my experience and support received today, I fully recommend this company and their services.
Good afternoon, Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, I am pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience with Glotech. I can confirm that I have passed this across to our friendly team! Kind regards, Glotech
I booked this company to repair my washing machine. They charged me £70 plus for a callout charge. The person came around, stayed for a few minutes went away and 15 minutes later the machine stopped with the same problem that this company was called out to repair. As pensioners on as state pension this is not funny. They just care about the money and not the job or the people they deal with. Discusting.
Website provides utterly false info on availability of engineer. Website allowed me to book engineer for next day. Now contacted by phone today engineer not available for 9 days! Even though website is still showing availability in 2 days. If they can't get their website/booking process right, not sure I trust them with my repair. Going somewhere else.
Repairs carried out no problem. Call out price excessive £100+ Visit only lasted 30mins I understand travelling time needs to be paid for but still seems excessive
Easy to book, turned up on time and the guy was friendly and polite. Had booked glotech for an issue with my bell fridge freezer, the engineer came out and after a few minutes conversation told my wife he thought the compressor was gone and we needed a new fridge freezer. He then charged £90 for a few minutes of conversation! Didn’t examine the fridge or make any attempts to do any work, didn’t pull the fridge out to test the compressor or his theory and even the engineer said we should call up for some money back. Rang the next day which was a Saturday to be told I would need to speak with a manager who wasn’t in on weekends but the caller handler took all may details and emailed the manager and stated I would get a call back on Monday, not had a call all week. Under the circumstances I think the service has been poor, once they have your money they are clearly not interested. The engineer was a nice guy and his advice may be spot on but £90 for a few minutes conversation seems obscene! When booking I was told I would receive a phone call prior to my appointment but I never did, I can’t help but think if the engineer had called prior to arrival I would of had the same result without the need for a visit that would cost £90. Then to add insult to injury glotech send emails telling me they hope my fridge freezer is working well again and would I like to review their service when no attempt to fix the issue was even made!
This company should not be trusted do not use them.
Appalling customer service. I wrote to the director of this company and still await a reply. They are misleading.They subcontract repair work and are not involved in the payment or aftercare.
Good morning Jackie, Thank you for taking the time to write to us. I have had a look on our system to view your details and can see that we did use a subcontractor for your visit as we do not have any Glotech engineers to cover your area, so we were unaware of any issues which have arose. I will pass your email address and complaint onto my Manager who will give you a call later on today so we can find out and resolve the issue, as at the moment we do not have any understanding to what has gone on. I hope this response helps, we will be in touch shortly. Kindest regards, Lauren
The SAGA continues.the engineer who was supposed to come yesterday didn't and rebooked for today.he didn't call first but turned up about 11 am.great? No .he turned up Without the parts to fix oven.left them in another van.said would take about 1 hour to get to Van and then come back at 4 pm. I thought my maths was bad! Anyway it is now 7 pm and nobody has arrived! What a joke company NEVER USE THIS COMPANY Further instalments tomorrow
Came a number of times to try to fix my dishwasher, 4 visits in total from 2 different technicians. Incorrectly fitted parts meant they have they broke immediately. Technician was poorly equipped, asking me for towels, sponges etc and also flooded one of our cupboards and damaged a kitchen door. In fairness the parts were refunded promptly but I was left with a broken dishwasher and out of pocket for the labour cost.
I haven’t seen such a low quality, low standards technician yet. Be careful about their ‘policies’ which are designed to fleece customers. I was looking to get my old washer dryer fixed. At the time of booking a repair they oversold their technical expertise to us. When they came in for repairs all they did was remove lint from the drains and left the machine in the same condition as before. I was charged £86 for it. When I challenged them they turned around and pointed to their policy which did not require them to do anything other than to pay a visit and look at the fault and not necessarily fix it. Don’t bother with these guys, you are better off investing that money buying a new machine.
Turned up late, couldn't fix, never provided a report or alternjative solution
When carrying out a repair you damaged my kitchen unit and kickboard. I have complained but have been ignored. I habe reported you to trading standards. Appalling
Good morning, Please can you send me across your job reference number so we can look into this on repairs@glotech.com? As I can't find you on our emails nor system. As soon as this is sent I will look into this. Best wishes, Glotech
Glotech Repairs is rated 4.24 based on 2,613 reviews