Glotech Repairs Reviews

of reviewers recommend Glotech Repairs
Read Glotech Repairs Reviews

About Glotech Repairs:

We are one of the UK's leading domestic appliance repairers, fixing almost all makes and models of appliances including washing machines, dishwashers, ovens, cookers, hobs, fridges, freezers, and more!

Please take a moment to read our customer's experiences and share your own.
We are always contactable by phone on 01727 896 789 or email at repairs@glotech.com.

Unit 2 Soothouse Spring, ,

Tell us how Glotech Repairs made you happy
Your organisations should be aware that you are the most unprofessional, disorganised, unreliable and poorly managed provider of appliance repair services that I have encountered in my 75 years. I shall itemise the problems for you so that you can respond if you choose to do so.
- I used the online provision to book a visit from the Glotech Repairs service team on 5th October at 1118. This seemed to work efficiently and I was offered an appointment 4 days later during the morning. Not the fast reliable service or a same / next day appointments at the top of your online advertisement but I thought I’d give it a go
- Expectantly I waited in all day on 9th - no one had arrived as promised during the morning period offered and at just after 1pm I emailed the company for an update. I received from Chloe a reasonable reply:
I’ve just checked for you unfortunately the engineer has been held up with a couple of his jobs today and will be with you approximately in the next 2/3 hours. Will this booking still be okay for you?
- I immediately agreed and again waited in all afternoon. At 1630 I received:
The engineer has just made us aware he is having trouble at the job he is currently at and he isn’t going to make it to you today I’m afraid.
Could we re book you please, what day would be convenient for you?
Sorry for any inconvenience
- I reluctantly decided to continue, replying
As soon as you can please, any morning, EXCEPT FRIDAY
- Someone replied
I have changed this to tomorrow morning for you. Sorry for the inconvenience caused from today’s appt. Thanks
My reply
Thanks. Earlier the better if you can.
- Eventually two operatives DID arrive (at about 4pm!!) and spent time looking for problem. This took a while but they decided with support from the main office team that it was a faulty impeller item. They said one was in stock, charged the agreed fee and told me someone would be in touch immediately to arrange fitting.
- Again that didn’t happen and next day I resorted to calling the number I had - was passed from the main central booking team to the Kent service providers who had to check they had the part (they did) and I was informed someone would call next day to say when an operative would arrive to fit it. They didn’t and I am still waiting.

I cant think of anything else that COULD go wrong so you managed to get 100% score on that count. In everything else you were awful. The fairest outcome would be that you return my £80-odd to me and I can make alternative arrangements. If you can’t do that, I shall put this review online wherever I can to possibly prevent others being served as poorly as I have been - joining I note about 30% of your reviewers who are less than fully satisfied with your service.

Laurie Bush (Dr)
I thought I had found a reliable company to fix my washing machine (based on some of the earlier reviews on this website). Not so! So far have paid out £163 towards the repair of my washing machine only to discover today that there is an additional issue, requiring another part, incurring an additional cost and which will now cause a further delay in the repair. Had I known that the repair would end with an *estimated* cost of £200 and potentially more, I would have put that money towards buying a new machine. So now that I have already begun this process with Glotech, another part has to be sourced, a new appointment to be arranged and I will have to await a third visit from an engineer. In the meantime, no washing machine. I am not impressed.
Absolute scam, please avoid. Gentleman made no attempt at a repair. Looked at the fridge for 30 seconds, said it's beyond repair and demanded payment.
Please avoid and don't use this scam service
Engineer did not even turn the washing machine on to confirm the problem or pull it out, just looked in the drum. He was here for 5 minutes in total. Did not adequately explain the problem - it was like pulling teeth - could it possibly be anything else - I would like to have discussed this possibility but he just carried on writing out his sheet in order to collect the £85 call out charge.
Said would send a quote. emailed quote for over £400 to repair "bearings" ??
Engineer booked for today after waiting 6 weeks for parts which stoves told me were in stock all along.i rang at 11 am to confirm engineer coming.they said would ring.no call by 1pm the latest he would arrive.i rang again to be told wouldn't be coming.ruubidh service.
I asked for manager to be told not in today.
I asked for message to be given to manager to ring me as I have wasted two days off work waiting for their engineer.
Help desk said couldn't promise manager would ring me and to email
Sums up this company!
Nobody turned up, nobody called. Left a voicemail on Saturday and nobody has called back.
Avoid this company at all cost .
Not even 1 star.
Twice had appointment cancelled on the day engineer due to arrive.
customer service zero.
They only want your money
Booked appointment to repair fridge freezer. Engineer came said needed new thermostat however when we phoned told problems getting part. Phoned on a number of occasions and spoke to both companies. Often did not call back and only answered emails after I sent 2 or 3. Eventually made other arrangements asked for refund which was refused by yourselves an Kent Appliance World. Kent Appliance World quoted £70 for part. Part available on Zanussi website for around £30. Very dissatisfied lack of communications and customer care all round. Will not use again
The belt broke on my tumble dryer and after waiting another week the engineer came back fitted the belt but still not working well, by this time I’d paid £101 he then came back and diagnosed two more problems which should of been diagnosed on first visit so there with the 2nd lot of problems another £50 in parts then once the engineer came back another week later he said it would be repaired but didn’t have a screw or washer So after another failed attempt and being messed around I was refunded £27. For the belt . And the repair was cancelled I was messed around for 5 weeks without a dryer , no one called back despite me asking to talk to a manager , total waste of my time and money, and cost of paying for parking. Would not recommend this company and in future would just replace it as trying to repair it was frustrating, time consuming and a waste of money and in the end I bought a new dryer.
Very disappointed and would not recommend. Booked the appointment for a repair and a day off work. Engineer turned up could not identify the model number and therefore was not able to say how much the replacement part would cost. I did not pay the engineer. I have been hounded for the last few days for the repair cost, which in my mind has not been completed yet. The customer service threatened me with debt collection if I did not pay and also said they won't tell me the cost of the parts until I paid. I have offered to pay cash for collection or when the repair is completed but they refuse and will only take card over the phone. This service is not on. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Charging 71 £ for repairing new wash mashine. ..no repair needed. Just funking cuntish. .will never use this service anymore!
Appalling customer service.
I wrote to the director of this company and still await a reply.
They are misleading.They subcontract repair work and are not involved in the payment or aftercare.
Good morning Jackie,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

I have had a look on our system to view your details and can see that we did use a subcontractor for your visit as we do not have any Glotech engineers to cover your area, so we were unaware of any issues which have arose.

I will pass your email address and complaint onto my Manager who will give you a call later on today so we can find out and resolve the issue, as at the moment we do not have any understanding to what has gone on.

I hope this response helps, we will be in touch shortly.

Kindest regards,
Lauren
The technician that came to look at my dishwasher and then came back with the part to fit it was professional and friendly. He kept me informed every step of the way. I live in a household with vulnerable people, but he followed all the COVID guidelines and I felt very safe having him in my house. Excellent service all round from initial enquiry through to the repair.
Good morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this feedback, we are really pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience with Glotech. I will be sure to pass this onto our engineer.

Kind regards,
Lauren
The SAGA continues.the engineer who was supposed to come yesterday didn't and rebooked for today.he didn't call first but turned up about 11 am.great?
No .he turned up Without the parts to fix oven.left them in another van.said would take about 1 hour to get to Van and then come back at 4 pm.
I thought my maths was bad!
Anyway it is now 7 pm and nobody has arrived!
What a joke company
NEVER USE THIS COMPANY
Further instalments tomorrow
Came a number of times to try to fix my dishwasher, 4 visits in total from 2 different technicians. Incorrectly fitted parts meant they have they broke immediately. Technician was poorly equipped, asking me for towels, sponges etc and also flooded one of our cupboards and damaged a kitchen door. In fairness the parts were refunded promptly but I was left with a broken dishwasher and out of pocket for the labour cost.
I haven’t seen such a low quality, low standards technician yet. Be careful about their ‘policies’ which are designed to fleece customers. I was looking to get my old washer dryer fixed. At the time of booking a repair they oversold their technical expertise to us. When they came in for repairs all they did was remove lint from the drains and left the machine in the same condition as before. I was charged £86 for it. When I challenged them they turned around and pointed to their policy which did not require them to do anything other than to pay a visit and look at the fault and not necessarily fix it. Don’t bother with these guys, you are better off investing that money buying a new machine.
Turned up late, couldn't fix, never provided a report or alternjative solution
When carrying out a repair you damaged my kitchen unit and kickboard.

I have complained but have been ignored. I habe reported you to trading standards.

Appalling
Good morning,

Please can you send me across your job reference number so we can look into this on repairs@glotech.com? As I can't find you on our emails nor system. As soon as this is sent I will look into this.

Best wishes,
Glotech
I booked online and provided quite a bit of detail about the model of my appliance and suspected fault. The engineer arrived promptly but didn't spend very long investigating the problem, he took the filter off and said he could see a broken fan blade. I'm not sure what he did but he wiggled something and completely broke it. He said that I'd need a new motor and fan and this would cost £100, £120, £150 (the price kept changing but I never got a firm quote) but I could buy a replacement for much cheaper.

When the engineer arrived my appliance was working, I paid £90 for him to completely break it and tell me to buy a new one. I've since taken the appliance apart myself and there is no broken fan. I can't help but feel that the engineer had already decided before he arrived that it wasn't worth repairing my appliance and I'd have rather received that advice before they came out. It would have saved them 15 minutes and me £90. The only other plus was the engineer did give advice about how to remove the old appliance which was helpful but not worth the call out fee.
Booked a repair for our dishwasher and had a selection of appointment slots to choose from, which was very refreshing.
Glotech Repairs is rated 4.12 based on 1,397 reviews