Glotech Repairs Reviews

of reviewers recommend Glotech Repairs
Read Glotech Repairs Reviews

About Glotech Repairs:

We are one of the UK's leading domestic appliance repairers, fixing almost all makes and models of appliances including washing machines, dishwashers, ovens, cookers, hobs, fridges, freezers, and more!

Please take a moment to read our customer's experiences and share your own.
We are always contactable by phone on 01727 896 789 or email at repairs@glotech.com.

Unit 2 Soothouse Spring, ,

Tell us how Glotech Repairs made you happy
Your organisations should be aware that you are the most unprofessional, disorganised, unreliable and poorly managed provider of appliance repair services that I have encountered in my 75 years. I shall itemise the problems for you so that you can respond if you choose to do so.
- I used the online provision to book a visit from the Glotech Repairs service team on 5th October at 1118. This seemed to work efficiently and I was offered an appointment 4 days later during the morning. Not the fast reliable service or a same / next day appointments at the top of your online advertisement but I thought I’d give it a go
- Expectantly I waited in all day on 9th - no one had arrived as promised during the morning period offered and at just after 1pm I emailed the company for an update. I received from Chloe a reasonable reply:
I’ve just checked for you unfortunately the engineer has been held up with a couple of his jobs today and will be with you approximately in the next 2/3 hours. Will this booking still be okay for you?
- I immediately agreed and again waited in all afternoon. At 1630 I received:
The engineer has just made us aware he is having trouble at the job he is currently at and he isn’t going to make it to you today I’m afraid.
Could we re book you please, what day would be convenient for you?
Sorry for any inconvenience
- I reluctantly decided to continue, replying
As soon as you can please, any morning, EXCEPT FRIDAY
- Someone replied
I have changed this to tomorrow morning for you. Sorry for the inconvenience caused from today’s appt. Thanks
My reply
Thanks. Earlier the better if you can.
- Eventually two operatives DID arrive (at about 4pm!!) and spent time looking for problem. This took a while but they decided with support from the main office team that it was a faulty impeller item. They said one was in stock, charged the agreed fee and told me someone would be in touch immediately to arrange fitting.
- Again that didn’t happen and next day I resorted to calling the number I had - was passed from the main central booking team to the Kent service providers who had to check they had the part (they did) and I was informed someone would call next day to say when an operative would arrive to fit it. They didn’t and I am still waiting.

I cant think of anything else that COULD go wrong so you managed to get 100% score on that count. In everything else you were awful. The fairest outcome would be that you return my £80-odd to me and I can make alternative arrangements. If you can’t do that, I shall put this review online wherever I can to possibly prevent others being served as poorly as I have been - joining I note about 30% of your reviewers who are less than fully satisfied with your service.

Laurie Bush (Dr)
I thought I had found a reliable company to fix my washing machine (based on some of the earlier reviews on this website). Not so! So far have paid out £163 towards the repair of my washing machine only to discover today that there is an additional issue, requiring another part, incurring an additional cost and which will now cause a further delay in the repair. Had I known that the repair would end with an *estimated* cost of £200 and potentially more, I would have put that money towards buying a new machine. So now that I have already begun this process with Glotech, another part has to be sourced, a new appointment to be arranged and I will have to await a third visit from an engineer. In the meantime, no washing machine. I am not impressed.
Absolute scam, please avoid. Gentleman made no attempt at a repair. Looked at the fridge for 30 seconds, said it's beyond repair and demanded payment.
Please avoid and don't use this scam service
Engineer did not even turn the washing machine on to confirm the problem or pull it out, just looked in the drum. He was here for 5 minutes in total. Did not adequately explain the problem - it was like pulling teeth - could it possibly be anything else - I would like to have discussed this possibility but he just carried on writing out his sheet in order to collect the £85 call out charge.
Said would send a quote. emailed quote for over £400 to repair "bearings" ??
What a rip off! He was here for 5 minutes and knew nothing about Smeg fridges! he did nothing then charged me £75.00!!!
Appalling service! Appalling customer services! Appalling company! Stay away!!!!
Booked appointment to repair fridge freezer. Engineer came said needed new thermostat however when we phoned told problems getting part. Phoned on a number of occasions and spoke to both companies. Often did not call back and only answered emails after I sent 2 or 3. Eventually made other arrangements asked for refund which was refused by yourselves an Kent Appliance World. Kent Appliance World quoted £70 for part. Part available on Zanussi website for around £30. Very dissatisfied lack of communications and customer care all round. Will not use again
The belt broke on my tumble dryer and after waiting another week the engineer came back fitted the belt but still not working well, by this time I’d paid £101 he then came back and diagnosed two more problems which should of been diagnosed on first visit so there with the 2nd lot of problems another £50 in parts then once the engineer came back another week later he said it would be repaired but didn’t have a screw or washer So after another failed attempt and being messed around I was refunded £27. For the belt . And the repair was cancelled I was messed around for 5 weeks without a dryer , no one called back despite me asking to talk to a manager , total waste of my time and money, and cost of paying for parking. Would not recommend this company and in future would just replace it as trying to repair it was frustrating, time consuming and a waste of money and in the end I bought a new dryer.
Very disappointed and would not recommend. Booked the appointment for a repair and a day off work. Engineer turned up could not identify the model number and therefore was not able to say how much the replacement part would cost. I did not pay the engineer. I have been hounded for the last few days for the repair cost, which in my mind has not been completed yet. The customer service threatened me with debt collection if I did not pay and also said they won't tell me the cost of the parts until I paid. I have offered to pay cash for collection or when the repair is completed but they refuse and will only take card over the phone. This service is not on. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Charging 71 £ for repairing new wash mashine. ..no repair needed. Just funking cuntish. .will never use this service anymore!
Booked a repair for our dishwasher and had a selection of appointment slots to choose from, which was very refreshing.
We had excellent service from Darren on your engineering team. I would not hesitate to use Glotech again.
Hi Ron,
Thank you for your 5 star review. I will be sure to pass this on to our engineer Darren!
Glotech
Avoid!!. The engineer couldn't be bothered to look for parking, insisted that I call up Westminster council to ask for a permit (they don't offer those). Couldn't be bothered to wait 10 minutes until he found a parking space even though I suggested many places, even offered to take his tools while he went to the local parking garage 5 minutes down the road. In the 10 years of living at my property have never had this issue with any repairmen or engineers that have come to my house, Glotech gets the honour of being the first. He spoke to me in a very unfriendly tone and offered no solutions and ended up driving off. Ended up booking another company in the end.
Good morning Zannis,

Unfortunately when an engineer comes to your premises they need somewhere close by to park their vehicle (we need the vehicle close by so we can have access to the van, and due to COVID reasons we have to keep our distance so this is why our engineer was unable to let you help with taking the tools). I have checked the engineers notes and he has took photos and I can see that there is a policy of 'permits' only and that there were also no spaces.
With regards to our engineer talking to you in an unfriendly tone, all I can do is apologise for this and take this up to our management. I have sent across your review to our engineer and management also to try and resolve this issue.
Apologies again.
Kind regards,
Engineer didn't show up. Called the helpline and was not provided any assistance other than being put through to a voicemail where I left my contact details. No one called back unfortunately. I was stuck at home all day waiting. Very frustrating experience, will not be using or recommending them.
Excellent service, Alex was professional, helpful and took the time to explain the issue to us so that we could fix it again in future. Cannot recommend highly enough! Many thanks, Sophie
(Alx) - Posted 4 weeks ago
Hi Sophie,
Thank you for leaving feedback regarding our engineer Alex, I will be sure to pass this on to him! Pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience with us.
Glotech
Very pleased with service. Helpful appointment booking, engineer telephoned ahead. Quickly identified the problem which did not require parts. Advised action to be taken which worked. Payment request four days later. All efficiently actioned with friendly courtesy. I will recommend to friends and neighbours.
Stan Dell
The engineer who fixed our washer dryer (Vladimir) was excellent he was very knowledgeable and conscientious. It took 3 attempts to fix and customer services did not keep me informed if what was happening the motor was out of stock and I called twice before they got back to me but am overall happy with Glotech would have been a 5 if not for this .
Found fault with cooker no problem. A honest and reliable service, highly recommended.
Excellent service and friendly guy.recommended.
(Alx) - Posted 1 month ago
Wonderful man arrived early and fixed my washing machine with good humour - and even put up with a rabid chihuahua
Cannot fault anything about this company
Danielle was patient and understanding as we tried to find the part for my Cannon Cambridge cooker which I have had for 20 or more years
One week later I have the correct part and will recommend your firm to anyone who needs to use a firm like yours
Inga MacKerron