Glotech Repairs Reviews

4.2
Based on 2,620 reviews
Read Glotech Repairs Reviews

About Glotech Repairs:

We are one of the UK's leading domestic appliance repairers, fixing almost all makes and models of appliances including washing machines, dishwashers, ovens, cookers, hobs, fridges, freezers, and more!

Please take a moment to read our customer's experiences and share your own.
We are always contactable by phone on 01727 896 789 or email at repairs@glotech.com.

Unit 2 Soothouse Spring, ,

Tell us how Glotech Repairs made you happy
I was left feeling uncertain. I was told my cooker was unserviceable. Apparently the clock was faulty and replacements cannot be obtained ( I subsequently found quite a few spares available online) and the wiring was faulty and not accessible. I wasn’t shown this and a couple of friends have made me question that surely it must be accessible. So I paid £120 to be told I need to buy a new range cooker ( at least a couple of grand) and wondering if for a couple of hundred I could get spares.
Very nice engineer, she said that the lower door seal on our dishwasher door had become faulty and would need replacing, upon looking at the companies database a replacement would be in excess of £260 as the door would have to be replaced as the seal couldn't be purchased separately. Considering the dishwasher only cost £420, this was extortionate and wouldnt be going to use the company any further.
we could not get an engineer in the required time frame. After I had booked online, I was informed that no engineers were in fact available for more than a week later
Good morning, I apologise that we had no availibility for yourselves, and hope that you were able to get your appliance fixed. Kind regards,
The man who came was very pleasant. However- my fridge switch had just gone off. If you could do 10 minute phone conversations for a much lower fee, I could have saved so much money. It was disappointing to pay the full labour fee when there was no work to be done. It doesn’t build up good will for the future. I feel like it’s worth someone saying, have you checked the switch, it’s inside the fridge and kind of hidden!
Good morning Catherine, Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, unfortunately as our engineers are not on calls they are unable to diganose the fault for your until they are at your property. I am pleased to hear that your fridge is up and working again, I apologise that it was for such a small fault. Kind regards
Booked appointment online. Engineer didn’t turn up. Didn’t call to explain why. When I rang the company they chased him up but he hadn’t informed them he wouldn’t be coming either. Someone had to wait in all day for no reason. Next appointment wasn’t for weeks. Was offered a refund which would take 3-5 days. Will wait and see if it appears
Started off well, guy came quickly and worked out the problem. He didn't have the part required and ordered, I paid over £100 and 1 month later I call up, wondering when they were coming back, and discover that the part came in on that very day. Get offered just 2 appointment options and then get told that the previous chap has left the company, I wonder if this was the real hold up!? Still waiting to get my oven fixed...
Unable to fix problem
Still waiting for the job to be done
The repair man came he looked at the freezer and said it cannot be fixed and I should be getting some of my money back how hutch I will be getting back many thanks
Good morning, Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, I am pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience with our services. Kind regards, Lauren
I booked a cooker repair but needed to cancel it. So I texted the person they had allocated to the job, he told me that if I didn’t inform the company he would be charged for it, which I thought was a bit strange as it’s supposed to be a family run business? There was no way of doing that online, so I e-mailed the company. A day later they replied to say they had no record of the booking, even though they had emailed me with the details? So rather concerned that I might end up paying £85 minimum, I emailed again. This time they accepted the cancellation. Now I, getting emails to ask me how the job went and what I thought of the workman. All abit worrying, as there booking system dose not seem to be very joined up, and so it gave me concern that something wasn’t right...
Not happy with the service received. Lured in with the offer of 1 labour charge and only parts to pay for when returning to repair the item. I was told by the engineer that it needed a magnetron but when I received the quote for repairs it also included a Diode & Capacitor. I understand that in some cases additional parts are required to effect a reliable repair but this should have been explained by the engineer. The price of the parts you are charging is DOUBLE the retail price of the parts direct from Miele. I enquired if you would fit the parts if supplied by me but you aren't able to do this. I work in the automotive repair sector so understand this market well & this process of luring the customer in to then hike up the repair parts is something I would have expected from a Kwik-Fit style operation that relies on vulnerable customers to jack up the repair costs, not a family-run business.... I'm only giving 2 stars as the engineer & the assistant I spoke to after the visit were helpful or it would have been 1.
Originally took the plan out because my drier function of the washer drier didn't work. Have had 5 or 6 appointments so far although that included changing the seal as the washing machine started leaking. Originally I was told need to use a fluff clean setting however that didn't resolve the issue. Finally they decided to provide new part. Engineer has been friendly every time. My main gripe is not the engineers as they do send people out and aim to fix the issue but the wait times to get through to speak to someone and the damn hold music that repeats the same glotech advertisement again, again, again and again. They really need to do something about that as this is more annoying than the drier not working.
My oven saga began towards end November and was not solved until last Friday 7th January. The repair engineer who completed the repair was very good, thankyou for his time, he deserves 5 stars, but the delays between the 3 appointments were not acceptable, particularly at this time of year.
Requested visit for a vibrating washing machine. Assumed it may be bearings. Paid the £75 labour charge. After a 5 minute look he advised the chassis was corroded & uneconomic to repair. There was no offer of a partial refund for the minimal time looking, only a discount on installation charges if I bought a new one from them.
Hi can someone call me on 07527243072 you have sent the wrong part
Good morning, I can confirm that our customer services team have now been in touch regarding your order. Kind regards,
Engineer was punctual, friendly, and worked safely and very tidily. But after he checked the obvious things he was rather stumped and questioned the house wiring, which I demonstrated was good. Then he quoted for a replacement part which i later found online for half the price. Ultimately he left me with my oven still not working, but did promise to come back free of charge if I made the cable longer for him. Could have tried a little harder in my opinion. Fixed it myself in the end.
Not great for a local business. We not very accommodating to your situation and are more expensive than most.
After scheduling with Glotech to have a technician come to the property on a Monday, the technician calls back to let me know he cant make it and not even attend the property for over a week later. Basically too busy and that I should call another service?
It was an expensive call out. The engineer arrived promptly and was very courteous. He quickly assured me that the fault was not with my Miele oven but with the electrical supply. The oven was put back in place and I was advised to call an electrician. For what it was, I found this to be an overpriced service that did not help me much. This was made all the more annoying as I had to wait for a few days, without a working oven, before the visit could be made. I will nt be using Glotech again, neither will I recommend them.
You said you could fix anything but the engineer came round tried to fix it but in the end said no but it still cost me £85
Glotech Repairs is rated 4.24 based on 2,620 reviews