Glotech Repairs Reviews

of reviewers recommend Glotech Repairs
Read Glotech Repairs Reviews

About Glotech Repairs:

We are one of the UK's leading domestic appliance repairers, fixing almost all makes and models of appliances including washing machines, dishwashers, ovens, cookers, hobs, fridges, freezers, and more!

Please take a moment to read our customer's experiences and share your own.
We are always contactable by phone on 01727 896 789 or email at repairs@glotech.com.

Unit 2 Soothouse Spring, ,

Tell us how Glotech Repairs made you happy
== BE VERY CAREFUL WITH PRICES FOR SPARES ==

I booked Glotech to repair a dishwasher because they seemed to offer a competitive service price and could provide an engineer one week earlier than the manufacturer.

Unfortunately, Glotech sent an engineer who did not know how to service the dishwasher. He was a nice guy, came at the scheduled time, was very polite and took appropriate safety precautions. The engineer took the dishwasher apart and searched on google, then put it back together and said I would be contacted by the service team.

I did not get any follow-up, so I called the Glotech service team after a few days and they told me they would need to send another "senior engineer". We waited about 2 weeks for the senior engineer to come. This is pretty disappointing since Glotech knew the exact model of dishwasher when they decided which engineer to send.

On the second visit, the senior engineer came with the original engineer. Again, both were very polite and professional. They made a detailed diagnosis of the machine and identified several faults. They said I would be given a quote by the service team.

A few days later, Glotec quoted me 764 pounds for parts. The dishwasher is a double drawer unit and this price is more than the price of buying a new drawer, so that seems crazy expensive. I searched online and immediately found the parts for a much lower price. I called the service team from the manufacturer and they told me their service team would provide the parts for 390 pounds plus they would include a warranty. This surprised me since I would expect the manufacturer to be a premium rate compared to a third party.

I discussed the price with Glotec and they said that was the price they paid for spares. Clearly that can not be true since genuine parts are easily available online at much lower pricing. So, either Glotech are really bad at sourcing spares or they have a huge mark-up on the price.

Glotec initially offer a slightly lower call out fee compared to the manufacturer which makes them look like good value. In this case, the call out fee was 21 pounds less than the manufacturer. They then charge about double the price for the spares, in this case 390 pounds more. I am very disappointed with this strategy, and it makes me feel like Glotech are trying to trick me.

I cancelled the service and booked the manufacture for the repair. Glotech refused to reduce or remove the service charge despite not fixing my dish waster, so I have paid Glotech 114 pound for two service visits and all I received is a one month delay and an overpriced quote.

If you are considering using Glotech for servicing ask them for pricing for typical parts and carefully compare these BEFORE paying your initial service fee.

Not recommended. I gave them 2 stars since the service engineers were very professional.
Very disappointed. We had a thermostat fitted in our dishwasher. Which worked wonderful for six months at the cost of £216.92. Literally days after, the dishwashers thermostat is none function. Telephoned glo tech to be told it was only Gaurenteed for 6 months. I asked if it was second hand as I can’t believe that anything electrical that was new would only be covered for 6 months. I’ve just spoken to a lovely sales girl who said “the manager has offered £30 discount “ wow wee. Beatrice will call me back after her late lunch. In the mean time I will ask neff (where I was told this thermastat. Ame from how long they last. I will return Kathleen Barry
Hi Kathleen,

I can confirm that I have spoken with Chris Field my Manager who has booked in an appointment for yourself tomorrow. If the fault is completely different as agreed you will pay a discounted price, if it is the same fault we will do this free of charge.

We apologise for the part only lasting 6 months and hope that we can resolve this issue as soon as possible as we completely understand the stress this can cause.

Please let me know of any further issues and I will try and help as much as I possibly can.

Best wishes,
Lauren
Repairman arrived 1 day later than advertised. Within 10 minutes said Fridge was unrepairable. Probably could have guessed that from description of problem and saved us £77 call out charge for 10 minutes attendance. Wont be using again.
The engineer was polite and friendly and came on time, however the charge of over £100 for a call out and not able to fix my fridge was very excessive as he was at my property less than half an hour.

I also had to wait 4 days for an appointment.
I booked online and provided quite a bit of detail about the model of my appliance and suspected fault. The engineer arrived promptly but didn't spend very long investigating the problem, he took the filter off and said he could see a broken fan blade. I'm not sure what he did but he wiggled something and completely broke it. He said that I'd need a new motor and fan and this would cost £100, £120, £150 (the price kept changing but I never got a firm quote) but I could buy a replacement for much cheaper.

When the engineer arrived my appliance was working, I paid £90 for him to completely break it and tell me to buy a new one. I've since taken the appliance apart myself and there is no broken fan. I can't help but feel that the engineer had already decided before he arrived that it wasn't worth repairing my appliance and I'd have rather received that advice before they came out. It would have saved them 15 minutes and me £90. The only other plus was the engineer did give advice about how to remove the old appliance which was helpful but not worth the call out fee.
My Neff dishwasher displayed a fault & engineer came out quickly & for a few washes all was well until the fault appeared again. Another engineer came out but said I needed a new motor. A new motor was ordered & fitted & on first use the fault appears again. Not sure it could have been tested properly. I seem to have to wait 2.5 weeks each time for an engineer to come back - there never seems to be an engineer in my area ! Very frustrating especially as I have now waited in 3 times & the problem is still not fixed, so back to hand washing for several more weeks.
I thought your technician was very polite and not sure he’s diagnoses was correct, as he ordered items which we did not need. He was very nice and seems hard working to please the customer,,,,,,,,,,,,,but your customer service from your central phone no. needs to be improved as they don’t seem to be able to deal with upset customers.. Tasha Lovegrove, seems to think she is always right and will tell the customer .. and that is not the service I would promote Mrs Crooks
Although I was advised of the one off labour charge of. £86.34 when I asked for my freezer to be repaired I was told by the engineer when he called that, due to the problem with cfcs, he was unable to work on my machine. This is something I should have been told at the outset and calls to mind a line from Hilaire Belloc “They murmured as they took there fees, there is no cure for this disease.”
TL;DR - very poor communication, repair took much longer than he said it would, left rubbish in our kitchen.

Fridge-freezer broke down - engineer arrived, said he needed to order a part and it would take 5-10 working days. Two weeks later, rang the engineer to check whether the part had arrived - he said it hadn't arrived yet, but he'd ring back that evening. He didn't. Called him again the next day - he said the part had arrived and he'd come to fix the fridge next Monday. On Sunday, got a text saying an engineer was coming... on Thursday.

He did repair the fridge, but left the broken part and a load of packaging in our kitchen sink.
unfortunately the engineer did not solve the problem
Not repaired yet - 3 weeks later .... - One set of parts fitted to then discover (by the second engineer) that internal hoses had perished - Dishwasher repair costs now over £400 - If the 1st engineer had diagnosed correctly I would have purchased a new machine!
The belt broke on my tumble dryer and after waiting another week the engineer came back fitted the belt but still not working well, by this time I’d paid £101 he then came back and diagnosed two more problems which should of been diagnosed on first visit so there with the 2nd lot of problems another £50 in parts then once the engineer came back another week later he said it would be repaired but didn’t have a screw or washer So after another failed attempt and being messed around I was refunded £27. For the belt . And the repair was cancelled I was messed around for 5 weeks without a dryer , no one called back despite me asking to talk to a manager , total waste of my time and money, and cost of paying for parking. Would not recommend this company and in future would just replace it as trying to repair it was frustrating, time consuming and a waste of money and in the end I bought a new dryer.
Engineer came start of Nov, had a quick look at dishwasher and said it needed new pump. Came back and fitted new one, said it needed a few days to settle. Still not working so arranged another appointment, they came this week, did a more thorough check, now saying it needs new power board, still waiting to hear, so nearly a month gone by without situation being resolved
I was confuse when I received an email from Repair4U, but I received an email from you the day after. The washing machine was not fix. The engineer spend long time on the mb.
The engenieer left water on the floor. so I have to ash to clear and I provided a towel.
The engineer said that we have to replace the a part "Module"
I received a phone call two day after regardi the replaxcement of the module. The part cost was about £450 so I said that was far too expensive for a 7 years old washing machine.
I have ask a written quote by email to discuss with my wife but I haven't received yet.
Today I have send and emeil about the part price.
Had my cooker checked and they seem to find the problem and so was happy to know that it would be fixed. The engineer came back and week later but only to find out that he had the wrong part for my cooker. And the price for the part was more that I saw online from the same cooker manufactory
I have been unable to get the repair done, and emails have been sent and received, although I am awaiting a reply to one I sent 3 days ago. The problem is that DM Appliance Care have not been able to identify the small part that is missing from the photographs I have emailed to them. It is a small circular disc that should hold one of the prongs on the left hand internal wire structure that holds the shelves in place. I think they do not have access to a Neff parts list, and the solution has been made more difficult by their inability when they sent me pictures of parts asking me to say which one is needed. In my last email I told them "I will pay their I will be prepared to pay your call-out fee if you will assure me that it will be cancelled if the engineer is unable to mend the fault", but there has been no reply.
Not great so far, when I booked the service I made the brand of applicance and fault clear. The engineer could not fix or provide quote for fixing after first visit, 6 Nov, I am waiting for a call back - so far I am £110 less off!
An engineer from Mix Repairs called to look at my fridge hinge. He said both hinges needed replacing (I think only 1 is needed) A young lady rang the next day and said£220 for the repair or could she quote me for a new fridge. I do not need a new fridge. I am prepared to pay a reasonable amount to get the job done but this is not reasonable. A pair of hinges on E bay is less than£50.
I do not want these people in my house again but it seems I have to pay them£80 for this!
Having promised at 12.30 to be with me "in a couple of hours" your sub-contractor arrive at 6.30pm in the middle of supper. In the event, the problem was electrical, and nothing to do with the extractor hood. The engineer could use a little training in customer relations, and was rather brusque and overbearing. It's not my fault that he had had a bad day. (However, his first language was not English so this might have been part of the problem.)
My views are probably coloured by the fact that I had to pay £80 for nothing except for the diagnosis that I needed an electrician!
Good service to send the engineer who diagnosed the problem and that parts were required. From then on no information was forthcoming until prompted by telephone. The request to discuss the problems on the phone was ignored and correspondence was by email only. In the end six days after the engineer's visit, it was decided that no part was available. Had we been told the likely ball park figure for the parts we could have ordered a new fridge freezer earlier which we have had to now do anyway. I would not recommend to others
Glotech Repairs is rated 4.12 based on 1,393 reviews