Glotech Repairs Reviews

of reviewers recommend Glotech Repairs
Read Glotech Repairs Reviews

About Glotech Repairs:

We are one of the UK's leading domestic appliance repairers, fixing almost all makes and models of appliances including washing machines, dishwashers, ovens, cookers, hobs, fridges, freezers, and more!

Please take a moment to read our customer's experiences and share your own.
We are always contactable by phone on 01727 896 789 or email at repairs@glotech.com.

Unit 2 Soothouse Spring

Tell us how Glotech Repairs made you happy
Not repaired yet - 3 weeks later .... - One set of parts fitted to then discover (by the second engineer) that internal hoses had perished - Dishwasher repair costs now over £400 - If the 1st engineer had diagnosed correctly I would have purchased a new machine!
The belt broke on my tumble dryer and after waiting another week the engineer came back fitted the belt but still not working well, by this time I’d paid £101 he then came back and diagnosed two more problems which should of been diagnosed on first visit so there with the 2nd lot of problems another £50 in parts then once the engineer came back another week later he said it would be repaired but didn’t have a screw or washer So after another failed attempt and being messed around I was refunded £27. For the belt . And the repair was cancelled I was messed around for 5 weeks without a dryer , no one called back despite me asking to talk to a manager , total waste of my time and money, and cost of paying for parking. Would not recommend this company and in future would just replace it as trying to repair it was frustrating, time consuming and a waste of money and in the end I bought a new dryer.
Engineer came start of Nov, had a quick look at dishwasher and said it needed new pump. Came back and fitted new one, said it needed a few days to settle. Still not working so arranged another appointment, they came this week, did a more thorough check, now saying it needs new power board, still waiting to hear, so nearly a month gone by without situation being resolved
I was confuse when I received an email from Repair4U, but I received an email from you the day after. The washing machine was not fix. The engineer spend long time on the mb. The engenieer left water on the floor. so I have to ash to clear and I provided a towel. The engineer said that we have to replace the a part "Module" I received a phone call two day after regardi the replaxcement of the module. The part cost was about £450 so I said that was far too expensive for a 7 years old washing machine. I have ask a written quote by email to discuss with my wife but I haven't received yet. Today I have send and emeil about the part price.
Had my cooker checked and they seem to find the problem and so was happy to know that it would be fixed. The engineer came back and week later but only to find out that he had the wrong part for my cooker. And the price for the part was more that I saw online from the same cooker manufactory
I have been unable to get the repair done, and emails have been sent and received, although I am awaiting a reply to one I sent 3 days ago. The problem is that DM Appliance Care have not been able to identify the small part that is missing from the photographs I have emailed to them. It is a small circular disc that should hold one of the prongs on the left hand internal wire structure that holds the shelves in place. I think they do not have access to a Neff parts list, and the solution has been made more difficult by their inability when they sent me pictures of parts asking me to say which one is needed. In my last email I told them "I will pay their I will be prepared to pay your call-out fee if you will assure me that it will be cancelled if the engineer is unable to mend the fault", but there has been no reply.
Not great so far, when I booked the service I made the brand of applicance and fault clear. The engineer could not fix or provide quote for fixing after first visit, 6 Nov, I am waiting for a call back - so far I am £110 less off!
An engineer from Mix Repairs called to look at my fridge hinge. He said both hinges needed replacing (I think only 1 is needed) A young lady rang the next day and said£220 for the repair or could she quote me for a new fridge. I do not need a new fridge. I am prepared to pay a reasonable amount to get the job done but this is not reasonable. A pair of hinges on E bay is less than£50. I do not want these people in my house again but it seems I have to pay them£80 for this!
Having promised at 12.30 to be with me "in a couple of hours" your sub-contractor arrive at 6.30pm in the middle of supper. In the event, the problem was electrical, and nothing to do with the extractor hood. The engineer could use a little training in customer relations, and was rather brusque and overbearing. It's not my fault that he had had a bad day. (However, his first language was not English so this might have been part of the problem.) My views are probably coloured by the fact that I had to pay £80 for nothing except for the diagnosis that I needed an electrician!
Good service to send the engineer who diagnosed the problem and that parts were required. From then on no information was forthcoming until prompted by telephone. The request to discuss the problems on the phone was ignored and correspondence was by email only. In the end six days after the engineer's visit, it was decided that no part was available. Had we been told the likely ball park figure for the parts we could have ordered a new fridge freezer earlier which we have had to now do anyway. I would not recommend to others
It’s been 3 days & no quote for new parts plus the engineer said it could another 3 - 5 working days before they can get the parts
Extremely expensive experience.
Very expensive way to learn my fridge was dead. Have learned my lesson.
It was difficult to communicate with the repairman because of the standard of his English.
When I booked the call out, I clearly stated the washing machine model and that the bearings had gone. The service engineer arrived and confirmed the bearings had gone. He also said that it was too expensive to repair. The 15 minute visit cost me £90. Perhaps they could have told me it was too expensive to repair when I booked.
Had to wait an additional day as engineering went sick, and thought the service was very expensive
The customer service assistant who took my call did not come across as being very professional. Very disappointed that even though I explained what the problem was to the customer services assistant, when the engineer who visited, he claimed that it was a popular problem and that I should consider getting a new machine. I spent £71.94 only to be told to get a new machine, even though they already knew what the problem was. Appears to be a rip off to me. Had used the company previously and had no problems. Very disappointed this time!
I made the booking online and selected the date and time that suited me, however the local company that were actually doing the repair called me to then arrange a different date because I was told Glotech 'could not actually see their schedule'. Whilst I was able to arrange another time I fully expected the date and time I chose through the Glotech website to be the actual appointment and not then need to arrange with the local company. The actual experience with the local engineer was very positive however.
When the engineer came to mend the washer drier he did not run any tests. He only wrote down the serial number to order the parts. When I booked I had said the parts that were needed. I could have given the serial number over the phone. Since the all out the company have continually not got back to me when they said the order the parts and book the time to actually come and repair the machine. A week later it has stil not been fixed. Very frustrating.
Advertised as £59 call out in large numbers - but smaller writing reveals +vat. I should have spotted it but I didn't under pressure of family/work life. Total rip off at that price. Also I noted that the drum in the machine would need replacing on the call out form - the unavoidable cost of this was £261. This is obviously not worth replacing which you would have known from the details I sent. I therefore spent £70 for a call out that lasted less than 5mins. If you did care about customers and them reusing you or recommending you then why not consider a simple phone call to warn that the cost of repair would outweigh the price of a new machine. You may not have made money from me that day but I would have appreciated the honesty and definitely called again when needing repairs. The repair man sent was polite and honest which is a positive but it was painful to pay him £70 for doing absolutely nothing - money we can ill afford. Not a fair system for customers. I feel I've been taken for a ride!
Glotech Repairs is rated 4.22 based on 1,000 reviews