Glotech Repairs Reviews

of reviewers recommend Glotech Repairs
Read Glotech Repairs Reviews

About Glotech Repairs:

We are one of the UK's leading domestic appliance repairers, fixing almost all makes and models of appliances including washing machines, dishwashers, ovens, cookers, hobs, fridges, freezers, and more!

Please take a moment to read our customer's experiences and share your own.
We are always contactable by phone on 01727 896 789 or email at repairs@glotech.com.

Unit 2 Soothouse Spring, ,

Tell us how Glotech Repairs made you happy
In Oxford
terrible service, no service at all.
For the flat fee up front you get absolutely nothing! just a quick visit,
then they will try to charge you a fortune for parts without guarantee that it will work

don't fall for that.
Your engineer came for 4 minutes and just opened firidge door and said compressor is faulty. But I call an other my local engineer he fixed it compressor
Wasn’t faulty he just filled the gas in and
It’s still cooling.iPaid you £101 it’s wasted.
Your engineer is untrained thanks.
I have been without a washing machine since 27th January 2021. I am in a family of 5 with a daughter who has Autism. We have to wash our clothes by hand and that is an undertaking especially when 1 of our children wets the bed. So for nearly 5 weeks we have had bags on top of bags of washing which we cannot keep up with. We have had 2 appointments cancelled so far and i am expecting the 3rd one to be cancelled again at the last minute as these people do not care. It feels like no one wants to fix our washing machine. The service is poor and if there was a -1 I would give it to this company. It does not cost nothing to have a little compassion especially at this time.
Unreliable - be warned. Cancelled confirmed repair appointment with less than 48 hours notice. Offered an alternative 9 days later!
Engineer wouldn’t wait 5 mins so I can get out of a shower before leaving. Been waiting for over two weeks for an appointment and after ringing head office was told I have to book another one that was nearly 2 weeks away. Eventually when engineer came he had no idea what he came in to fix even though fault was described in detail when made the booking in the first place. Needles to say, still waiting for the appliance to be fixed. Been over a month so far...
I spent £3,618 with Glotech Appliances St Albans in November 2018. The appliances were fitted into a brand new house in February 2019. In January 2021 my De Dietrich oven stopped working, just outside of its 2 year warranty. I called Glotech Repairs, told them it was a De Dietrich oven, exactly what the problem was and paid them £90 to come and repair it. The engineer decided the door hinge needed replacing but he didn't have one on him so would have to come back. 6 days later Glotech repairs call to say they can't get hold of the part and there is nothing they can do. We are talking about a 2 year old £729 oven! Purchased from Glotech! I explained my loyalty to their company and did that not count for something and perhaps they should try a bit harder to help me. No interest. I asked if I could have a refund for the pointless call out charge. No.
To say I was stunned is an understatement. That such a new expensive product is a write off, that the service I received was so poor, that they were happy to take my money for a repair they knew they couldn't fix... I am extremely upset.
If I can't get hold of the part I will need to buy a new oven, a different brand, which will sit below a De Dietrich combi oven. I've spent £820, for nothing.
No doubt someone will reply that Glotech Appliances and Glotech Repairs are 2 different companies. No, they're both called Glotech.
Don't go near them.
Appalling customer service.
I wrote to the director of this company and still await a reply.
They are misleading.They subcontract repair work and are not involved in the payment or aftercare.
Good morning Jackie,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

I have had a look on our system to view your details and can see that we did use a subcontractor for your visit as we do not have any Glotech engineers to cover your area, so we were unaware of any issues which have arose.

I will pass your email address and complaint onto my Manager who will give you a call later on today so we can find out and resolve the issue, as at the moment we do not have any understanding to what has gone on.

I hope this response helps, we will be in touch shortly.

Kindest regards,
Lauren
Having been 5 weeks without use of my washing machine for a simple repair that took less than half an hour, I'm understandably dissatisfied. A repair man called within three days of my placing the call, said my Bosch needed a new pcb and a door latch which would be ordered and would take about a week. After that it was just an endless round of telephone calls, hanging on line (you are customer no.11...) to be told 'it's not in yet'. No offers to expedite, to re-order, and even a request for priority when the part eventually arrived was refused. Then after four weeks it arrived. I was given a date one week hence, then contacted on that day to say the part hadn't reached the technician and they were trying to trace where it was. When it was traced, I was told I'd have to wait a further 9 days until the technician was in my area. Thankfully the intervention of Customer Services brought that forward by 2 whole days. It appears to be a pretty slick set up, website, call centre etc and if it had worked as it should I'd have been impressed. But it didn't, and there's no flexibility in the allocating of technicians - it appears you have to wait until there's one in your area even if you've been as poorly treated as I was. So as an 'extremely vulnerable at risk' customer who couldn't use a launderette or pop round to a neighbour, it's been a horrendous experience. Try doing your laundry by hand for 5 weeks and you'll see what I mean.
Let me down at last min, Been without cooker from xmas day until 5th Jan. What a load of rubbish this company is, DO NOT USE.
Good afternoon Ron,

I have just checked our system and can see that we never booked an appointment for yourself. But, we can see that you requested a date and time on our website but unfortunately, we did not have availability for your chosen slot.
I can see on our notes that our manager left a voicemail to inform you that we did not have availability for your requested date, so he was going to kindly rearrange for an earlier appointment but we have had no response. I'm sorry that this was not early enough for yourself. I hope you can find an earlier appointment and get your appliance fixed as soon as possible.

Best wishes,
Customer service is appalling. The repair to our wine fridge took 5 weeks from the first visit. This was due to the company not ordering the spare part. All communication was initiated by us and we had to chase them three times. On the date of the proposed repair, the engineer did not arrive until 30 minutes after the five hour time slot and we had to ring to see where he was. As a result the repair could not be done that day and was not completed until a week later. Despite taking payment for the part in advance, we had a call saying that this was outstanding. The office allocates jobs to the engineers, but the engineers don’t seem to have enough time to travel between jobs and to get them completed. There seems to be no real communication between the engineers and company, and the company and customer. Everything now works, but this was not a pleasant experience.
The SAGA continues.the engineer who was supposed to come yesterday didn't and rebooked for today.he didn't call first but turned up about 11 am.great?
No .he turned up Without the parts to fix oven.left them in another van.said would take about 1 hour to get to Van and then come back at 4 pm.
I thought my maths was bad!
Anyway it is now 7 pm and nobody has arrived!
What a joke company
NEVER USE THIS COMPANY
Further instalments tomorrow
Engineer booked for today after waiting 6 weeks for parts which stoves told me were in stock all along.i rang at 11 am to confirm engineer coming.they said would ring.no call by 1pm the latest he would arrive.i rang again to be told wouldn't be coming.ruubidh service.
I asked for manager to be told not in today.
I asked for message to be given to manager to ring me as I have wasted two days off work waiting for their engineer.
Help desk said couldn't promise manager would ring me and to email
Sums up this company!
Nobody turned up, nobody called. Left a voicemail on Saturday and nobody has called back.
Came a number of times to try to fix my dishwasher, 4 visits in total from 2 different technicians. Incorrectly fitted parts meant they have they broke immediately. Technician was poorly equipped, asking me for towels, sponges etc and also flooded one of our cupboards and damaged a kitchen door. In fairness the parts were refunded promptly but I was left with a broken dishwasher and out of pocket for the labour cost.
I haven’t seen such a low quality, low standards technician yet. Be careful about their ‘policies’ which are designed to fleece customers. I was looking to get my old washer dryer fixed. At the time of booking a repair they oversold their technical expertise to us. When they came in for repairs all they did was remove lint from the drains and left the machine in the same condition as before. I was charged £86 for it. When I challenged them they turned around and pointed to their policy which did not require them to do anything other than to pay a visit and look at the fault and not necessarily fix it. Don’t bother with these guys, you are better off investing that money buying a new machine.
Turned up late, couldn't fix, never provided a report or alternjative solution
Avoid this company at all cost .
Not even 1 star.
Twice had appointment cancelled on the day engineer due to arrive.
customer service zero.
They only want your money
Booked an appointment on line and with less than 24 hours to go I receive a voice message saying there are no engineers in our area. Left high and dry no help and a broken appliance. terrible service would not recommend.
Hi Claire,

I couldn't find you on our system to look into this, but I'm sorry that we had no engineers in your local area to fix your appliance. Please note, all requested bookings on our website are request dates. Our customer service team will always call you back to confirm your appointment or in your case explain that we had no engineers in that area so you can find someone elsewhere.
We hope your appliance gets fixed as soon as possible and sorry that we were unable to assist.
Glotech
Top oven problem.still awaiting parts 6 weeks later.they NEVER return calls.they are blaming stoves but when I rang they had the parts in stock
Hi Mr Mansfield,
I believe you spoke to my colleague Danielle today who is calling you back as we speak as promised. I apologise that someone else in the office has given you false hope with promising to call you.
The parts have come in and I can confirm that your appointment has been booked for Monday. We apologise for the delay once again.
Best wishes,
When carrying out a repair you damaged my kitchen unit and kickboard.

I have complained but have been ignored. I habe reported you to trading standards.

Appalling
Good morning,

Please can you send me across your job reference number so we can look into this on repairs@glotech.com? As I can't find you on our emails nor system. As soon as this is sent I will look into this.

Glotech