Glotech Repairs Reviews

4.2
Based on 2,620 reviews
Read Glotech Repairs Reviews

About Glotech Repairs:

We are one of the UK's leading domestic appliance repairers, fixing almost all makes and models of appliances including washing machines, dishwashers, ovens, cookers, hobs, fridges, freezers, and more!

Please take a moment to read our customer's experiences and share your own.
We are always contactable by phone on 01727 896 789 or email at repairs@glotech.com.

Unit 2 Soothouse Spring, ,

Tell us how Glotech Repairs made you happy
Would never use again Don’t ever ever use Glotech repairs if you live in north London. They are nothing like the sales department who have always been helpful. Shockingly appalling service .. my washing machine broke down 3 weeks ago. I paid for a 48 hour response and they sent an engineer 2 days later, who said as soon as he saw the machine (Miele) that he “didn’t do our model” . We would need another engineer. He booked in another engineer who couldn’t come for 3 days and then when the engineer came he said he would have to order a part which I paid for there and then. When I asked to book the next visit I was told they couldn’t book another slot until the part arrived which would take 3 days. When I called 3 days later to check if the part had arrived I was told that I had paid for the wrong part and they realised after he left that they had ordered the wrong part. The correct part was more expensive so they were waiting for me to call them to pay. When I asked them why they didn’t call me they said they were waiting for me to call them to arrange this. When the part arrived 3 days later they called and said the earliest availability for the engineer was in the following week. When the time came the inexperienced engineer (who doesn’t do our machine) turned up and said he didnt know why he was sent as he didn’t do our washing machine and I would have to book the right engineer which would take another 3 days. Said engineer turned up last Friday and fixed the New part saying he had fixed the machine. Lo and behold on Saturday it stopped working with the same problem. I had to wait til Monday to call them and say they hadn’t fixed the problem and the engineer needed to come back. They said they had no availability until yesterday (Weds) between 8 and 1. I waited all day yesterday. Despite an emailed booking confirmation the engineer didn’t turn up. When I called the office at 1pm yesterday to check if the engineer was coming, a very stroppy woman said that she couldn’t do anything about it and that I should just wait . After asking her to check with him she tried to call him but he didn’t reply. I have had to rearrange work commitments every time an appointment was made and taken time off to make myself available. I was worried yesterday as I needed to go out so wasn’t sure what to do . . 2 hours and 3 calls later at about 4pm another person I finally spoke to asked me if I wanted to make a complaint. He also said he would find out what happened and call me back. He didn’t. I’ve given up and I think it’s astonishing that this is acceptable customer services in their eyes
Engineer failed to turn up two days running. Lack of communication as I sent several emails.
Not a good experience this time I'm afraid ... 1. On my first call it took ages to answer the phone and then the guy, who seemed to be located on another continent, struggled to understand me even when I used the phonetic alphabet to confirm my postcode 2. There was no option but to hang up and ring again ... ended up in another long queue! Managed to book the service call this time - for two days later 3. Nobody appeared in the time window I had booked (0800 to 1300) and no one rang to say that they wouldn't make it - which to me is just poor communication. 4. Rang to chase them up. Stuck again in a long queue! They tried to ring the engineer who was booked on his mobile but they couldn't get hold of him and said they had no idea when he would get to me. Didn't even offer to keep trying and get back to me. 5. The guy arrived 45 minutes late - having rung ahead to say he was on his way. To be fair he was professional, friendly and apologetic and diagnosed the problem fairly quickly. 6. He said the office would order the required £ 15 part and arrange a return visit. 7. Four days later I'd heard nothing so I chased them up. (Stuck in a queue again on the phone). 8. They said the part was ordered on Monday - and not on the day of the visit (the preceding Friday). or the following morning (when they work half a day). They also said it could take up to five working days to arrive, which is ridiculous as I've found suppliers who would ship it overnight. ... so we will be without use of our dishwasher for well over a week. ... definitely going to have to try someone else next time.
I think you should only pay the £80 cost if a repair is done, I was told it would cost a lot to get repaired, the service man was here for 5 minutes and did no repair so I think it should be honoured that the fee be returned if no repair done as I live alone and that is a lot money to me and it would have gone towards a new washer. I would try and find a place that does a no repair no fee as I think £80 to do nothing is wrong.
Awful company! Left with more issues than we had reported then wanted another fallout to fix THEIR ISSUES!! I went for this company because of their positive reviews but now reading them back they are suspiciously similar “I spoke to Ben, very satisfied customer!” “I spoke to Scott”… the engineer never introduced himself so sounds like this is a company that tries to drown out 1 star review with fake 5 star reviews
Beware if you have a older machine like my Miele Novotronic Premier 520, £120 to be told its obsolete. Go for a repairer who promise no charge if it can’t be repaired.
Would give your technician no stars if it were possible he was rude and arrogant didn’t solve our problem and we asked him to leave
10 minutes in the queue. to be answered, then told no one in my postcode to deal - so much for their advert. Hampshire
Very fast service with a very polite engineer. We asked for a service for our oven, and after the repair of our ventilation fan, where the oven had to be powered down and powered up, we discovered the alarm function of the oven (which we use daily) had stopped working. We flagged this with the engineer and he said he'd look into it, but after he left, the job was closed and GloTech wanted another callout fee to fix the issue that had been created. (This, despite the website saying the price "Includes Unlimited time and repeat visits with only parts charged on top. Simple pricing to make it easy.") When I flagged this, they denied the engineer even saw the clock as not working. Dealing with a very passive aggressive support rep saying things like "why would he leave a job half finished?" and "why didn't you ask the engineer before paying?" (which was strange as the company demand payment on the date of inspection). After a long email conversation, and providing proof that the engineer did know with a screenshot of his text, they eventually admitted that the clock was in fact seen by the engineer as faulty after all. However, no apology was given for the rude customer support. In conclusion, lovely engineers but rude and dodgy company.
I had a doctors emergency so I asked the engineer to confirm if he could just reduce the appointment window by 30 minutes. He was completely uncooperative saying I need to be home 12-5, and can't reduce the window to 12:30 - 5. I had to run back home from the hospital (I'm 30 weeks pregnant) just to make it here in time for the 12-5 window and the guy never came! No call, no message nothing. Is this the service you provide? I would give 0 starts if that was possible.
The engineer came to fix the fridge to find out that it was beyond repair. He spent about 15 minutes and went back. Still fully charged for everything. The terms say that they will only charge the labour fee, which is the full charge. Do not request the repair unless you are fully sure that it can be fixed.
your repair man was unable to fix washing machine as part too expensive and your call out charge stated to be £67 BUT I was charged £81 because he added VAT on to it... This charge was not made clear so I felt disappointed that machine not fixed and robbed because off extra charge..... Will never use or recommend this company because off this.
Leak fixed but machine doesn’t work. Won’t start and have to open door on emergency release! Machine will put in water on the programme but drum won’t spin. Will contact you when you are open onMonday to sort this out. Washing machine would rinse before your technician came along. Alan Rowbotham
Terrible office service. I filled in the online report and stated the Washing machine door seal was ripped and pulled from the machine. I noted the make, model and size so they could order it and the engineer could bring it with them on the day (which was four days after I ordered). When the engineer arrived, he asked if they had ordered the part and knew nothing about the job. He told me it would take another five days to get the part and come back to fix it. At this point, my 5 person families washing pile was through the roof. Even better is the Engineer said they would get hold of the office and chat with them. They have now sent me an e-mail asking how the whole experience went and I hope I'm enjoying my washing machine being in working order.
Fridge. Apparently there is not anything you can do to repair a fridge but they send someone anyway. Save your money towards a new fridge don’t bother with a repair. Total rip off
I'm feeling ripped off by your company. The repair man no problem with him, the part was to expensive so only paid the call out fee that showed on your page as £67 not cheap but he then added vat & came to £81!!! it was not made clear vat on call out price I thought vat on part & work so very disappointed in your company.
Impossible to speak to anyone on the phone.Iwas caller no 2 for 45 minutes. Appointment cancelled for next week but rescheduled for today. No one turned up and no phone call to explain why.Money forbear was paid up front and to date no repair had ben done. BEWARE. Dreadful service
The engineer turned up late…. Such a POOR service
Booked a repair nov 2021 , engineer came messed my dryer up put wrong part in it over heated so £100 later no dryer came again changed part no luck I complained to company they sent 2 guys who said it was non repairable had to buy a new dryer January an engineer turned up 8am in morning with a dryer we had no reply’s to emails calls etc told him I had to buy a new one he said I will take it back and the manager will contact you well it’s April no contact I’m seeking legal advice if it wasn’t for Covid I would of taken this further before. I can’t say it loud enough do not trust this company they left me with no dryer which was in excellent condition and out of pocket £100 and incompetent engineers
Used to be very good but dreadful now. Shelled out £250 so far for two separate visits and my oven still doesn’t work. Said they couldn’t do any more because they couldn’t buy the parts but I’ve been able to buy them online. Both management and customer service didn’t even have the decency to respond to either of my letters - avoid at all costs!
Glotech Repairs is rated 4.24 based on 2,620 reviews