Global Van Solutions Reviews

Ashton Road,
Bristol,
United Kingdom

Tell us how Global Van Solutions made you happy
WORST service i have ever experienced. I am not one to write reviews, but if i can help anyone avoid the nightmare i have had, taking the time to do this review is well worth it. My van had finally died on me and being self employed i desperately needed a new one as quick as possible, as everyday i was off the road i wasn't earning. The van i was after was a ford transit custom. I phoned around three companies, Globalvans, Vanarama and vans direct. I decided to go with Global mainly because the salesmen on the end of the phone was so helpful, and i was told they have the van on the ground and ready to go. I was going away for a week the following week, so i needed to get the ball rolling before i left. I was told if i pay the deposit that day, sign the required forms via email, all the paperwork would be taken care of whist i was away and the van would be with me within 10/14 days.....perfect. I came back from holiday and no emails or paperwork. I gave them a few days and called them and they said "apologies its a problem our end. we will sort and and be in touch". One week later i had heard nothing, so called them again. I got told they needed my bank details again as they sent them over wrong and that was the hold up. Once done i was told they will be in touch, once again....nothing. This went on for 5 weeks with very little contact apart from the odd email saying they will be in touch. Towards the 4th and 5th week i was calling them 3 to 6 times a day with a promise of a call back to get this resolved, rarely did i get that call. Half the time i was getting through to someone who really didn't give a monkeys and once i was even told i was lying bout certain emails. At the end of the 5th week i decided enough is enough and i wished to cancel my policy and go elsewhere, they told me someone would be in touch to cancel......it took me a week to cancel my policy and they said i wouldn't be getting my deposit back. I was fuming and demanded i get my deposit back after being messed about so much. I got told i needed to speak to the manager. It took me another week after calling about 6 times a day to finally speak to the manager. I eventually got my deposit back 4 weeks after cancelling the policy. I have never experienced such a poor service in my life. If you are a self employed tradesmen like myself id urge you to go elsewhere. This has cost me a total of 7 weeks off work unpaid, and with a mortgage a lot of stress. I Decided to go with Vanarama after this and i had a van in 2 weeks. The difference in efficiency was unbelievable.
Totally incorrect to sell us a vehicle this way. they promised us the vehicle because it was available. 3 month waiting now!!!! No commercial follow-up. No Email. NOTHING We start paying the credit , and still not have the van It's a shame.
Hi Roberto, thank you for your feedback. I have arranged for the salesman's manager to give you a call this morning to update you on your order. I can see you ordered a stock Chassis Cab which then went on to have a bespoke refrigeration conversion built on it, as per our last conversation on the 30/4 it won't be complete until the first week of July.
Global vans have been a nightmare. I ordered a van March 29th 2018 with a delivery date promise of withing 2 weeks. I received my van 5 months later in late August after many many emails and phone calls. When i received it it was not as it should have been. I had ordered a reversing camera and it was meant to be a genuine ford dealer fit. I got an aftermarket one. I told global vans quickly and they have not resolved it yet, June 2019. I am now dealing with financial ombudsman as global vans did not resolve this issue. The ombudsman has agreed that they have not supplied goods as described and I am in the process of next steps . The number of times I was promised a solution/ resolution or some action which then did not happen is unbelievable. Everyone I dealt with were always polite and courteous. But the process they use is just flawed so you are certain of only one thing, you might get the van you want when you want it. If you decide to make a purchase from these guys then before you do read all the reviews and take note of how many are verified when deciding what information to consider authentic. See how many follow my review in close succession and let that help you decide. Decide yourself I am not about to slag any one off, Ill just give you the facts.
This company is a TOTAL SCAM. They're selling techniques are unethical and they're operatives all lie. They pester you to get a deal and then when you sign a contract with them and part with your deposit you get no further contact from them. Only after contacting them for a delivery date was a told the vehicle was no longer available. I called 5 times to speak to a manager and 5 times I was promised a call back - 5 times I didn't get one! The salesman laughed when I question why this had happened and then told he couldn't understand why I wouldn't go with the van he suggested instead of the one I wanted!?!? Probably the most shocking service I have EVER received from a company.
Thank you for your feedback. I Can see you enquired about a new Ford Transit Custom on the 6/4. We supplied you with a quote from a batch of vehicles we had in stock with extra discount, we stressed at the time that this batch of vehicles was selling quickly but you didn't decide to order until the 25/4. At this time we were down to our last few and unfortunately by the time the finance was accepted all the stock had sold. We advised you of your new quote based on the next batch of vehicles but you weren't happy paying more. We offered to refund your deposit but you kept asking us to supply a vehicle at the original price, the only way for this to happen was to take another colour which you refused. I do apologise that all our stock sold in the time between quote and order, unfortunately our stock does move very quickly and the salesman did stress this to you at the time.
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY THEY HAVE TAKEN MY DEPOSIT AND WONT CALL ME BACK OR CONTACT ME EVERY TIME I CALL THERE IS NO ONE AVAILABLE TO TALK TO ME THEY SAY THEY WILL CALL ME BACK AND DONT BOTHER
Hi, thank you for your feedback. I can see you ordered a Citroen Berlingo with our salesman Olivier. Unfortunately he was on holiday shortly after taking your order so your call should of been handled by his manager Jack but unfortunately he was away from the business on the two days you called back in. I can see that Kris from our sales team has now picked up your messages and is dealing any questions you have up until delivery. thank you for your business.
What a very poor customers experience. Take your deposit then not interested .. Basically sorted a van and price paid Deposit. Then month on nothing happening !!! Sent emails they answered a few not many .. I wrote and posted a poor review few days ago think might get a response and help ... guess what nothing . No email or call back .. really poor service .i paid £550 for a phone call and a few emails !! No sign of a van
thank you for your review follow up from last week, as discussed below you'll receive a call from Tillie in our admin dept. this morning.
I ordered the van in October as a swop for one I had with Google 2 years ago .I have had about 12 different dates and after trying to contact somebody again the said it's not here again for the 3rd time.bad communication. Plz don't use them not if your used to working to a deadline.shocking.am trying to cancel as we text
Hi Tony, thank you for your feedback. I can see you order a bespoke Ford Transit in October which required a factory build. At the time we stated 16-20 week delivery time, we're so far 14 weeks into the order. I can see we've have 42 contacts since you placed the order (either incoming phone call from you / outgoing call from us / text messages). We will continue to keep in contact and advise of a delivery date as soon as it is in the country.
Global van! Waste of time ! They have no regards to customer services ! Happy to take your money and then not happy to supply a van! And blame ford for the delay and always an excuse! Like ‘the dog chewed my home work’ stay clear! Run by some fresh out of school students who don’t know the difference between hot or cold
Hi Laurence, thank you for your feedback. I've tried calling you to discuss but the phone number we have on file is disconnected. Please call and ask for Jack so we can discuss. I can see you ordered a Transit Custom in April 2017 and you took delivery in May 2017 but we have no record of any calls or emails over the past 20 months.
very very poor customer service, I was told I would have the van before Christmas and finally after being passed around the whole call centre I finally reached the manager. the manager was very nice and even offered to pay my vehicle road tax out of goodwill for them taking so long. which I got in writing. Only to find out they drive your van to you so it has to come with road tax, and when questioned he said he never said he would do that even though I have it in writing. its quite laughable at the fact I could get my refund quicker then I could a call back from them. This company is a JOKE they offer you the world and when it comes time to give you the lease you wanted there is suddenly credit problems and they cant do what they said they could do after takin £550 of your money to "secure the last van"
Thank you for your feedback. I've looked into your case and can see your credit approval was conditional on you providing certain paperwork and unfortunately you couldn't supply this so we agreed to cancel your order and refund your deposit in full. I understand this was very frustrating but as a credit broker we are obliged to request information that the finance company asks for, I'm glad we were able to cancel your order with no cost to you and hope you can find a suitable van elsewhere.
So after waiting since before Christmas for the van, and the delivery date constantly getting put back, delivery date finally came today, and it’s the wrong van, when ringing to inform company it is the wrong van they tried to say it is the van and that I ordered a van that is in between dab and lab (there is no such thing)!! I ordered a SWB and they send a LWB, getting really fed up with this cowboy company now
Thank you for your feedback. I've looked into your case and can see you signed a order form for a L2 (LWB) Vivaro. On delivery of the L2 (LWB) you rejected the vehicle as you wanted a L1 (SWB). Our sales manager has called you to discussed your options and have agreed to switch you in to a L1 (SWB) and have sent you a revised order form to sign. We can only deliver what you order but we'll always try and help resolve the situation, I'm glad we could help get you out of the vehicle you ordered and into a new vehicle at no cost to you.
I'm giving 1 star on the bases that I have lost money and waited 2 months, I called after 4 weeks asking when will I get van as It was agreed I would have it 4 weeks in time so called and was told it's not in the country till December then 2 weeks befor December was told they now have the van and they have a registration for van and yes I got the reg, then was told a week later it has a recall so ok I understand being new, then I was told it will be ready for delivery on a Friday but then was changed when it came close to Friday and was told it will be delivered 12.12.18 which I was excited as I was starting to lose hope, on the 12th I waited in cancelling work which I am paid per day I work being self employed, so it got to mid day and I needed to goto shop so phoned and asked when will van arrive so I can be in. At 3.30pm I was told the van has been recalled?!!! Urm yes it had be recalled but was it not sorted?, I was not happy at this point as now I know I have to book another day off and lose double the money and that is if it even arrives so lost trust now and am on edge and pray it goes smoothly, i have been agreed as compensation I will get an extra £100 back from my deposit which is good customer service and better than nothing. I called up today 18th at 9am asking when will my van come and I can't get a clear answer as they don't know as the van is with another party, I then was called at 2pm and was told the company who has my van has 1000 of these vans to have a recall fix, my heart is sinking as now I am having to turn £1000s worth of work for the new year afraid i still dont have a van. Im losing confidence and now looking at other lease companies i wont name who out of respect but the reviews are better and they have my van in the showroom now and plus some and at a better price. I will update another review on the outcome. I would like to say that the communication and customer service is good and really friendly unfortunately there supplier is not relighable,
Hi Ben, thank you for your feedback. As discussed with our admin department there has been a big recall from the manufacturer on your vehicle model. Due to the high volume of vehicles affected the manufacturer is working through a backlog of fixes to get the vans sorted ready for delivery. They are giving a daily hire van financial contribution so you're not out of pocket, We are speaking to the manufacturer every couple of hours and will keep you informed on the revised delivery date as soon as it's confirmed - the manufacturer will let you keep the hire van until that point. Apologies for this inconvenience I understand it's very frustrating, please rest assured that we pushing to get this resolved ASAP.
This company has messed me around for the whole month. we were promised a van by mid oct which didn't happen. it came Friday at last. the most important thing I needed was the invoice before the end of oct because it was our end of year for tax purposes, which we were promised. again they didn't deliver.No one answers the phone and when they eventually do the person I need to speak to is on the other line. I have phoned daily for the last few weeks. I have now got a letter from the finance company dated 5/11 which im fuming about because they now cant back date it. I have phoned twice a day this week for an invoice only to receive one last night with the incorrect date. I again phoned this morning and have now finally got the right invoice sent over. Ive never known a company like it. I would never use them again
You need to read the small print there not the cheapest sales around and there will ways find a reason not to match or beat other deals I would Certainly look around I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone
Hi Raymond, thank you for your feedback. I have looked in to your case and you wanted to take advantage of our price promise guarantee. As discussed we needed a copy of your quote from the Ford dealer so we could check the details and if everything was OK we would of sent you our revised quote at the lower rental. On reading your quote from the Ford dealer it became clear that they had quoted you on a six month old used vehicle with 500 miles on the clock, therefore it wasn't a like for like brand new 68 reg van that we were offering you.
Placed an order for a van, waited for a week heard nothing then was told not in stock for 3 months so had to order another. Ending up waiting 5 weeks for the van instead of the 7/10 days we were told when we ordered. Paid out £370 for a hire van due to this. Communication poor. Catalogue of errors including new van being sent to the wrong house. Spent to much time chasing updates and information via email and phone calls. Very stressful indeed. Felt like I was bothering them.
Ordered a van told it would be three weeks max Then made a deposit 550 quid Next day they ring me back and say sorry weve sold van to someone elsd and ill have to wait 4 months This is after i was accepted for credit and a credit check was made So it seriously affected my ability to get new credit
Hi Martin, thank you for your feedback. I can see you enquired about a Transit Custom with the automatic gearbox and satellite navigation. This is a very rare spec but we found you one in group stock, unfortunately between the time of you submitting your credit application and it being approved the vehicle sold elsewhere, I understand how frustrating that can be but it does occasionally happen with rare specification vehicles. We offered you close alternative specs which were in stock but these were not suitable so the only alternative was a factory order or a deposit refund. All our vehicle leases as you would expect do involve a credit check, one search isn't going to have a huge impact on your credit file, we do need to make sure you are accepted for credit before ordering a vehicle on your behalf. As discussed we do have access to a huge range of Ford models and if something becomes available in your chosen spec we will keep you informed.
It took the sales guy 3 times to get the details of my quote correct (this should have been the warning sign...) Within 24hrs of signing the paperwork and paying the deposit, I was then informed that the Van had been sold elsewhere and that I would have to pay an extra £94 per month!!! I was beyond gobsmacked at the audacity to request more money following their error! Now in the process of trying to get my money back, and details of the owner/MD - which as you would expect, the sales guys are not forthcoming with. Will update this review again in the coming days.
Hi, thank you for your feedback. I can see you placed an order for a Citroen Relay Luton van, the one you decided to go with was one of our last Euro 5 models which needed to be registered before the end of February 2018 to meet the government cut off for registering Euro 5 vehicles. Unfortunately our very limited remaining stock all sold between you placing and order and the finance company approving your credit. As these were the final Euro 5 models the only option going forward was to look at the new Euro 6 model which does have a higher list price and didn't attract the same level of discount from Citroen as the run-out model. We re-quoted which was more expensive and you decided not to proceed, your file was then passed to accounts to refund your £550 holding deposit, this can take 3-5 working days to show on your statement. We do apologise that we couldn't supply your first choice, they were very cheap run-out vans which unfortunately didn't hang around very long.
Ok to deal with when they want your custom,as soon as paid deposit goes down hill from there terrible after care service,be warned will not resolve your problem just out for more money no customer care at all and leave you very dissatisfied and let down.Wish I had used local dealer.
Hi, thank you for your feedback. I understand you ordered a Nissan Navara with a rear tonneau cover. On delivery of the vehicle you signed for the vehicle confirming everything was in order, unfortunately a few days later you rang to say the cover was torn. We looked into the issue and as it wasn't marked on the delivery note the supplying dealer wasn't willing to cover the cost of repair. As a good will gesture we offered to pay half of the costs of replacing the cover. We do stress the importance of checking the vehicle on delivery, it does put everyone in a difficult positon if damaged is reported a few days later.
The vehicle arrived on the 22/09/2017 a day late about 6.30 in the evening while having a family birthday party. The delivery person who picked up the vehicle on Wednesday had to return it because a warning light malfunction (so I was told !) The following day another delivery person phoned to say he was just leaving Bedford at 3.24 to deliver the vehicle. I told him I would not sign the vehicle was checked has it would be late and was busy with visitors he confirmed it was ok to do as he did not check and sign for the vehicle and it was wet and dusty. When it arrived with 244 delivery miles on the clock we quickly done a walk around and did not see any noticeable marks, I did not even have a demonstration of the instruments or controls apart from to start the vehicle put a foot on the clutch. As we had guest and I had already mentioned to him about the signing I did not think someone would lie about what I was signing, thank heavens for phone voice recording. On inspection of the vehicle the following day after work at 14.15pm apart from the dust we noticed scratches on the bonnet, details were forwarded to the suppliers and were totally ignored. After contacting Global a few times waiting for a return call, I was informed the supplier would go 50/50 on repairs estimate from Fords Essex £560.20 The latest is the delivery driver will not accept my call Global have informed me that the dealership have said it was signed clean and all Ok and that is the end of the matter and no action will be taken by them We must have had a dust storm in the night As Global told me I should communicate with them they will get the -star review I am currently passing on my phone recordings, The name numbers and emails of all the people concerned, to my solicitor who will be taking action and increasing the cost Globalvans first purchase was very good. Now would I rather go to a local dealer for a better service.
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you're not 100% satisfied with your vehicle. It is very important that the vehicle is checked over inside and out and any damage marked on the delivery note before you accept delivery of vehicle. Unfortunately as you signed for the vehicle confirming receipt of a clean vehicle in a dry and good condition we are put in a difficult situation with the supplying dealer to get any damaged spotted on a later date. We are working with the dealer to try and get the issued resolved so will be in contact to discuss further
Poor Staff and Misleading Company
Hi, thank you for your revised 4* review above, i'm glad we were able to resolve your issues.
Lied to about the delievery date of my new van just to get my payment then when asking to cancel the manager Promised me a refund and i have now called in 4 times to be fobbed off with promises of a call back. I have started legal proceedings as all emails and calls are bieng ignored AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS
Hi Ricky, thank you for your feedback. I’ve looked into your case and can see you placed an order for a Peugeot Boxer on Thursday 24th August, you wanted it on the new September ‘67’ registration plate. We processed your order and issued you with the registration plate and finance documents after the bank holiday weekend on the Tuesday 29th August – just one working day after placing the order. You rang on that afternoon stating you wanted delivery on Monday 4th September or you would cancel the order, we explained that the first week of September is one of the busiest weeks of the year for deliveries and we couldn’t promise delivery that day and you were realistically looking at later that week or early the following, - you demanded a refund of your £550 holding deposit. We explained our process and issued you a cancellation form to sign and return. The following day you submitted this review. As discussed your deposit has been refunded to your credit card, it will take a couple of days to show on your statement. I’m sorry that you feel we let you down, we were on schedule to deliver your new van well within our 7-14 working days typical turnaround.
Global Van Solutions is rated 4.44 based on 784 reviews