HomeProtect Reviews

of reviewers recommend HomeProtect
Read HomeProtect Reviews

About HomeProtect:

We specialise in non-standard insurance
We cover unoccupied homes, listed properties, properties with a history of flood or subsidence, holiday homes, second homes, landlords, people who have had past financial difficulties or convictions, larger homes with more than 6 bedrooms, homes which have lodgers or are on AirBnB and many more!

We’ll protect your property, inside and out… in minutes
Our customers have saved money and set up their home insurance online, even if they've had insurance problems in the past.

Immediate online quote in most cases, even for very complex circumstances
We quote for a wider set of circumstances online than any other insurance provider in the UK.

Take advantage of discounts
You could qualify for a discount if you buy a combined Buildings & Contents policy, if you have a No Claims Bonus or if you have specific security measures at the property.

5 Star rated buildings policies
HomeProtect buildings insurance policies are rated 5 Star by Defaqto, indicating that the policy is one of the most comprehensive home insurance buildings products available.

Useful extra cover included
Benefit from Basic Legal Expenses and Home Emergency cover included in your policy, for no extra cost.

24hrs claims phone line
If the worst should happen, call our dedicated Claims team anytime. We’ll explain what information we need from you and we'll explain what happens next.

marketing@homeprotect.co.uk

CI Tower, St George’s Square

Tell us how HomeProtect made you happy
Easy to complete quote online, especially as I have some high risk items and I could input these direct as opposed to call in. Made a small error which I only noticed on printing out the policy - called and item changed without fuss. Finally, it's all written in good clear English, which isn't a given in the insurance industry.
We like to make things as easy as possible for our customers, so your review is music to our ears. Thumbs up for leaving us a five star review. Zoe from the HomeProtect Team
Absolutely shocking customer service. I sold my house (29th June) and wanted to cancel my policy with them. 58 minutes waiting for a call to be answered. I have raised a complaint about the length of time - no response. Upon cancelling my policy I was advised that there would be a charge - however the person who I spoke to (who also noted my complaint) was not able to give me a figure for this - so I cancelled my Direct Debit - I was not happy that they could just take any sum out without confirming it with me first. I then have received an email saying they have tried to contact me (which is a lie) to obtain payment. I sent an email back in response (still unanswered) advising that if they let me know their bank details I would pay the sum. Still no response to email and my initial complaint. I have now received a letter advising that I should contact them urgently to pay. What a joke - I wasted another 50 + minutes trying to get through to them to pay. You do not deserve the money back - I have wasted more money trying to cancel and pay you the funds. All I can say is what a good job it is that I am cancelling my policy - I would hate to have to found out how long they took to deal with an actual claim. I am afraid I have never dealt with such a bad company (albeit the initial lady I spoke to was very pleasant) you just obviously do not have enough staff in your customer service team to deal with all the calls. It is totally unacceptable the amount of time to wait to speak to someone - now only to be chased for payment when you have failed to answer 4 complaints.
My policy had to be modified half way through the year and Homeprotect was trying to provide me with a policy which was highly inferior and unsuitable to what I had with them initially and my needs as well. I had to request the intervention of the ombudsman to have the remaining of the policy reimbursed and be "freed" from their contract . Conclusion: If you have no dealings/problems with them, they are OK. However, and this is from the experience I had, should there be a problem, they will try to crucify you and refuse to listen to you. The next question is: would I buy another insurance from Homeprotect even if it is cheaper? The answer is very easy; NO
(Home Insurance) - Posted 6 years ago
Only used once, so far so good. Good products for a reasonable price.
Were confident you wont be disappointed! Thank you for your 5 star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Good customer service and responsiveness
That's what we like to hear Nicholas! Thank you for your kind words. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Quick and easy customer service. Very competitive on price with an industry standard level of cover
We do aim to offer the best prices so its great to see you got just that! Thank you for your 5 star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Found them through Comparethemarket. Good competitive premiums. It was simple and quick to complete the process of signing up. The person handling my call was very friendly.
Great to hear Andrew! Were thrilled to have you on board with us. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Nice easy renewal, still one of the cheapest non-admiral quotes.
Thrilled to have you back for another year Andrew! Thank you for your 5 star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Very helpful and explanatory customer service. Cheapest home insurance I could find. Saved me at least £300 so Thankyou very Home Protect. With the savings I actually paid my car insurance too.
Wow! So pleased we could help you Jacquie! Thank you for your 5 star review. Have a lovely day. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Very competitive, used them before and have no complaints
We always try to be competitive! Welcome back! Thank you for 5 star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Found this very easy to set up even though I'm not great technically. The questions asked were easy to answer and the price was great value. I was able to implement my policy immediately.
That's what we like to hear. Thrilled you had a 5 star experience with us. Thank you Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Very helpful advice on which product needed to ensure we are covered for occasional Air B&B. Competitive quote and good customer service
Happy to help! We strive to offer great non standard cover at even greater prices. Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Had to make a claim for water leak from my boiler. And damage to the walls and ceiling . They told me they wouldn’t pay for a new boiler . Only pipping. They said I was only covered for £250 for water leaks and I was to pay the £500 excess 😡😡😡 I had to pay for the boiler myself and getting it fitted it cost me £850 they still haven’t gave me a penny. I will never take out insurance with this company again.
Sorry to hear of your disappointment, that is never our intention. Please can you send your policy details to resolve@homeprotect.co.uk and I can look into this for you. Thanks Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
I have just emailed your sales dept. What renewal?? I've received no communication concerning renewal and my insurance has lapsed without me realising. Have you renewed without letting me know? If so, at what cost? Please get in touch on07971846801.
Really sorry to hear of your disappointment Anne. I have escalated this for someone to call you back. However in the meantime please can you send your policy details to resolve@homeprotect.co.uk so we can find you on our system. Thanks Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Arranging cover with Home Protect is always easy. I am currently using them on two properties and like the simple exclusions in the policy.
Great to have you back Anil! Thank you for your 5 star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Easy renewal process. Offered more options we needed ( e.g. cover for home business ) than most other providers at similar or lower cost.
We thrive to offer cover for the most unusual circumstances and I'm pleased to see we could do this for you. Welcome back for another year. Thank you for your review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
My application for a new household policy, with grade 2 listing and holiday letting included, was dealt with efficiently. The cover and price were also competitive. Thank you, much appreciated.
That's what we like to hear Adrian! Were always aiming to help customers in the most difficult of situations. Thank you for your 5 star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
No problems - no special comments to make.
Thank you for your positive review Charles. Have a great day! Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Customer service is very good. Waiting time very good. Quick response from Plumber.
One thing we pride ourselves on is our customer service, so its great to read you experienced just that Oladipo! Pleased we could help. Thank you Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
easy to follow website - renewal was competitive and inline with other providers. Renewal complete for another year.
Thank you so much for your review Susan! It means a lot to us and lets us know were on the right track! Have a great day! Angela at The HomeProtect Team
HomeProtect is rated 4.45 based on 2,178 reviews