HomeProtect Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend HomeProtect

About HomeProtect: Owned by innovative technology company, Avantia Insurance, HomeProtect is the brand of choice for UK homeowners looking for home insurance.

We’ll protect your property, inside and out… in minutes
Our customers have saved money and set up their home insurance online, even if they've had insurance problems in the past.

Immediate online quote in most cases, even for very complex circumstances
We quote for a wider set of circumstances online than any other insurance provider in the UK.

Take advantage of discounts
You could qualify for a discount if you buy a combined Buildings & Contents policy, if you have a No Claims Bonus or if you have specific security measures at the property.

5 Star rated policy
HomeProtect home insurance policies are rated 5 Star by Defaqto, indicating that the policy is one of the most comprehensive home insurance products available.

Useful extra cover included
Benefit from Basic Legal Expenses and Home Emergency cover included in your policy, for no extra cost.

24hrs claims phone line
If the worst should happen, call our dedicated Claims team anytime. We’ll explain what information we need from you and we'll explain what happens next.

service@homeprotect.co.uk

29 Thames Street

How would you rate HomeProtect ?

"One of the worst examples of sharp business practice and dodgy customer service I have ever come across! I had a quote for insurance, when I came to purchase it 24 hours later it had gone up by £30. I phoned and spoke to a customer 'service' rep who said prices change. They did speak to their Manager and said that was the price, they wouldn't change it. Completely unrepentant! I dread to think how bad they would be if you have a claim... AVOID AT ALL COSTS!"
Hi Peter, prices change on a daily basis and we can only guarantee prices for 24 hours (Same day)
If you are able, please email me at email.service@homeprotect.co.uk with your quote number and your contact number and we can get a sales agent to have a look and see if we can get a better price? Thanks, Anthony from HomeProtect
"Consistently failing to answer very basic queries about my cover, after numerous phone calls and emails exchanged."
"Great insurance"
"Well laid out website. Good protection offered."
"Very good to deal with, I had a problem filling in the problem online and the company contacted me to rectify quickly."
"Don't buy! Amendments and cancellation will cost you to the point of receiving the full annual premium. All very sneakily tied up in the online small print. So a 6 month lock in, £50 cancellation charge (money for old rope) plus payment in full for other aspects of the policy such as legal cover. Daylight robbery! The customer service staff are also shocking. Have reported to the financial ombudsmen!!"
"The service is so bad that i can only conclude that most if not all of these glowing reviews are fake. If you are going to post a fake review for a company that is a shambles at least make the effort, it is far to obvious. I feel very fortunate that I have never had to make a claim and would say to anyone get out while you can."
"Poor correspondence: no email notification that policy would auto-renew, so incurred £100+ cancellation fees! No managers/ customer services team available to speak to. Very poor."
"Hassle free purchase. Good product for a good price."
"Great value holiday home insurance, a highly recommend to everyone!!"
"Great"
"Great"
"Great service so far"
"Good service quick quote nice communication"
"Same protection as other companies but the cost was much cheaper"
"Absolutely shocking customer service. I sold my house (29th June) and wanted to cancel my policy with them. 58 minutes waiting for a call to be answered. I have raised a complaint about the length of time - no response. Upon cancelling my policy I was advised that there would be a charge - however the person who I spoke to (who also noted my complaint) was not able to give me a figure for this - so I cancelled my Direct Debit - I was not happy that they could just take any sum out without confirming it with me first. I then have received an email saying they have tried to contact me (which is a lie) to obtain payment. I sent an email back in response (still unanswered) advising that if they let me know their bank details I would pay the sum. Still no response to email and my initial complaint. I have now received a letter advising that I should contact them urgently to pay. What a joke - I wasted another 50 + minutes trying to get through to them to pay. You do not deserve the money back - I have wasted more money trying to cancel and pay you the funds. All I can say is what a good job it is that I am cancelling my policy - I would hate to have to found out how long they took to deal with an actual claim. I am afraid I have never dealt with such a bad company (albeit the initial lady I spoke to was very pleasant) you just obviously do not have enough staff in your customer service team to deal with all the calls. It is totally unacceptable the amount of time to wait to speak to someone - now only to be chased for payment when you have failed to answer 4 complaints."
"Clear proposal form making taking insurance easy"
"Great price"
"Great price ,"
"Competively priced home insurance"
HomeProtect is rated 4.38 based on 673 reviews