HomeProtect Reviews

88% of reviewers recommend HomeProtect

About HomeProtect: Owned by innovative technology company, Avantia Insurance, HomeProtect is the brand of choice for UK homeowners looking for home insurance.

We’ll protect your property, inside and out… in minutes
Our customers have saved money and set up their home insurance online, even if they've had insurance problems in the past.

Immediate online quote in most cases, even for very complex circumstances
We quote for a wider set of circumstances online than any other insurance provider in the UK.

Take advantage of discounts
You could qualify for a discount if you buy a combined Buildings & Contents policy, if you have a No Claims Bonus or if you have specific security measures at the property.

5 Star rated policy
HomeProtect home insurance policies are rated 5 Star by Defaqto, indicating that the policy is one of the most comprehensive home insurance products available.

Useful extra cover included
Benefit from Basic Legal Expenses and Home Emergency cover included in your policy, for no extra cost.

24hrs claims phone line
If the worst should happen, call our dedicated Claims team anytime. We’ll explain what information we need from you and we'll explain what happens next.

service@homeprotect.co.uk

29 Thames Street

Tell us how HomeProtect made you happy

"What an awful Company to deal with ! I pay my house insurance that when something goes wrong I have protection ! I have now been messed about for over a month for no reason! Fobbed off and it seems like they are trying to find anyway of getting out of paying my claim by now saying I have an un disclosed claim in he past ? Which is utter rubbish ! Next step ombudsman"
"Spent hours being passed from pillar to post just for a simple direct debit chafe due to mother's death and needing continuing cover. Homeprotect blamed the credit company "premium credit" and vice versa. Payments taken then continued texts stating payment not made. Overall spent over 4 hours and still not convinced its sorted. Requested compensation but that fell on deaf ears. I would mot recommend as homeprotect operatives openly slate the other company."
"Only found out in the small print that I had only up to £300 per item with a £200 per claim excess - complete waist of money."
"What a horrible company to deal with, they wanted to charge £40 extra for the last 2 months ( on top of the £20 per month) to change my policy even though they promised me an extension under £20k would not make a difference when i took out the policy. They even tried to charge me £50 to cancel. It took me 3 attampts to contact customer services as i was on hold for at least 30 mins each time, steer clear of HomeProtect !!!"
Hello Antony, sorry to read the above message, just to let you know we didn't charge you anything extra for the renovation works as the total was under £20,000, however the extra £40 was for the extra bedroom and the building sum insured meaning there was more risk. I can see you have been emailing the customer service team regarding this as well. Should you have any further questions, please either let me know or reply to the email from customer service, who will be happy to help. Thanks, Anthony from team HomeProtect
"I cancelled my policy with home protect and noticed they continued to still debit payments from my account. After notifying home protect and numerous emails two weeks later I have still not received a refund for the payments. They are now asking me to call the credit agreement company directly."
Good Afternoon, I am surprised & Sorry to read the above message as that is not our process, please could you email me your policy number to email.service@homeprotect.co.uk so that I can have a look into this for you? Thanks, Anthony
"I have had to call twice and have had to hold each time for 20 minutes and the recording keeps saying "unusual length of time in attending your call." I don't think it's too unusual if it has happened on both occasions!"
Good evening, sorry to read your message, we are indeed receiving high call volumes at current so are in the process of training new members of staff up to combat this issue. we appreciate your patience during this time and hope to have this under control shortly. If you have a question or query, please email me at: email.service@homeprotect.co.uk and I’ll be happy to arrange a call back or be able to reply myself. Many Thanks, Anthony
"Won't pay up when you try to claim. Complained to the ombudsman and waiting for a ruling. No point in having insurance with these people."
"One of the worst examples of sharp business practice and dodgy customer service I have ever come across! I had a quote for insurance, when I came to purchase it 24 hours later it had gone up by £30. I phoned and spoke to a customer 'service' rep who said prices change. They did speak to their Manager and said that was the price, they wouldn't change it. Completely unrepentant! I dread to think how bad they would be if you have a claim... AVOID AT ALL COSTS!"
Hi Peter, prices change on a daily basis and we can only guarantee prices for 24 hours (Same day)
If you are able, please email me at email.service@homeprotect.co.uk with your quote number and your contact number and we can get a sales agent to have a look and see if we can get a better price? Thanks, Anthony from HomeProtect
"Consistently failing to answer very basic queries about my cover, after numerous phone calls and emails exchanged."
"Great insurance"
"Well laid out website. Good protection offered."
"Very good to deal with, I had a problem filling in the problem online and the company contacted me to rectify quickly."
"Don't buy! Amendments and cancellation will cost you to the point of receiving the full annual premium. All very sneakily tied up in the online small print. So a 6 month lock in, £50 cancellation charge (money for old rope) plus payment in full for other aspects of the policy such as legal cover. Daylight robbery! The customer service staff are also shocking. Have reported to the financial ombudsmen!!"
"The service is so bad that i can only conclude that most if not all of these glowing reviews are fake. If you are going to post a fake review for a company that is a shambles at least make the effort, it is far to obvious. I feel very fortunate that I have never had to make a claim and would say to anyone get out while you can."
"Poor correspondence: no email notification that policy would auto-renew, so incurred £100+ cancellation fees! No managers/ customer services team available to speak to. Very poor."
"Hassle free purchase. Good product for a good price."
"Great value holiday home insurance, a highly recommend to everyone!!"
"Great"