HomeProtect Reviews

of reviewers recommend HomeProtect
Read HomeProtect Reviews

About HomeProtect:

We specialise in non-standard insurance
We cover unoccupied homes, listed properties, properties with a history of flood or subsidence, holiday homes, second homes, landlords, people who have had past financial difficulties or convictions, larger homes with more than 6 bedrooms, homes which have lodgers or are on AirBnB and many more!

We’ll protect your property, inside and out… in minutes
Our customers have saved money and set up their home insurance online, even if they've had insurance problems in the past.

Immediate online quote in most cases, even for very complex circumstances
We quote for a wider set of circumstances online than any other insurance provider in the UK.

Take advantage of discounts
You could qualify for a discount if you buy a combined Buildings & Contents policy, if you have a No Claims Bonus or if you have specific security measures at the property.

5 Star rated buildings policies
HomeProtect buildings insurance policies are rated 5 Star by Defaqto, indicating that the policy is one of the most comprehensive home insurance buildings products available.

Useful extra cover included
Benefit from Basic Legal Expenses and Home Emergency cover included in your policy, for no extra cost.

24hrs claims phone line
If the worst should happen, call our dedicated Claims team anytime. We’ll explain what information we need from you and we'll explain what happens next.

marketing@homeprotect.co.uk

CI Tower, St George’s Square

Tell us how HomeProtect made you happy
Product seems fine but why no warning of renewal? First I knew was when the money was removed from my account. No e mail, no letter, frustrating.
Sorry to hear this Chris, You should have received your renewal documents via post 30 days before the renewal date. Please can you send your policy details to resolve@homeprotect.co.uk so we can make sure we have the correct correspondence details for you. Thanks Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
There are two elements to effective work from an insurance company at the time a client requires it. First is the the communication and support offered at the primary response level. Second is the quality of subsequent refurbishment. The craftsmen and businesses employed by Home Protect are excellent. They know their stuff and and did a first class job on putting our house back together after a flood. 5 Stars to them. By comparison however, the quality of the Home Protect team at the end of the phone when you contact them is incredibly poor. Even to the point of being told in our first call that despite having a house full of water, we had no claim. I am sorry to say that the person who then dealt with later issues at customer services was even worse. I hope that these were just temporary blips from Home Protect - perhaps regular staff were isolating? Given that you normally only ring when something bad has happened to you, this is an aspect of their service that they would wish to improve. 1 star.
Really sorry to hear of the service you have received from us Chris. Please can you send your policy details to resolve@homeprotect.co.uk so we can investigate this. We're happy to see that your claim was dealt with swiftly and smoothly. Thanks Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
We got there after a long phone call. It was un auto renew and despite over a week before the renew date, the monies had been taken. The customer services was unable to tell me what name was on the card used or if it was Visa etc. 30-40 minutes later she gave me this exact information and then had to get that payment back as this had caused a friend who I borrowed money from the previous year to go into overdraft which meant I had to pay that bill as well as the insurance. The customer care wasn’t up to scratch, not able to sense my distress and didn’t seem to care. We eventually got to a satisfactory end and have taken off the auto renew which I hadn’t asked for and do not have on any other services.
Sorry to hear of the experience you have had. I have passed this on as feedback to make sure it never happens again. I'm pleased we managed to sort things out for you. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
I’m a home protect customer but only out of necessity. The turn around from raising a request to quote and then gaining a policy is appalling. Don’t get me wrong it might not have been a straight forward case but the timeframe for the underwriter was supposed to be 48 hrs and it was more like a week.
Sorry to read of the delayed response you had Dale. I'm pleased to see all is sorted for you now. Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
starts cheap but goes up about 10% every year despite no claims or changes.
Thank you for your feedback. We do try to be as competitive as we can each year. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
The service is alright, but they are a bit slow.
Hi Rafeeq, Sorry to hear we've disappointed you. Please can you email your policy details to us at: resolve@homeprotect.co.uk and perhaps a little more detail so we can look into this further. Kind regards, The HomeProtect team.
Service delivered was good
Thank you for your five star review Sandra. Zoe from the HomeProtect Team
Cheap, they bribing me now to do a review with some vague hope I'll win an Amazon voucher and how can you possibly know til you've made a claim? Pointless exercise .
Finger crossed you never need to make a claim Greg, but thank you for picking us to be there should we ever be needed. Zoe from the HomeProtect Team
Used for house insurance for the last few years. Thankfully Not had to claim yet so can't say how well they deal with claims.
Fingers crossed you never need to make a claim, but thank you for picking us to be there should we ever be needed. Zoe from the HomeProtect Team
Service to get insurance is great. Let’s see if I actually need to use they are equally efficient :)
Business conducted well.
Thank you for your feedback. Zoe from the HomeProtect Team
Easy to understand & purchase.
I'm glad that we could take the hassle out of insurance for you Kim. Zoe from the HomeProtect Team
Wasn’t happy that the rises significantly again without ever making a claim.
Sorry if we've left you disappointed in us. I appreciate it's frustrating when your price isn't what you were hoping for, but there are lots of different rating factors that are taken into account when calculating a renewal price. Zoe from the HomeProtect Team
My house insurance was easy to arrange online. I am deaf, so it is too difficult to get quotes etc online. I needed cover for a listed building, which not many insurance companies offer, and I was happy with the price quoted. However, I cannot rate the service because I haven't made a claim - hopefully I won't ever need to.
Great product and service
Thank you for your positive feedback Nigel. Zoe from the HomeProtect Team
All was good. Very friendly. Enquieries and questions dealt with professionally. I trust that it would be the same if, God forbid, I ever had to make a claim. GJG
I don’t think Home Protect advised me that I was due to renew. So in one sense it’s been good because I don’t have to do anything, but equally some sort of notification would have been useful for me.
Sorry Ruairidh we do send out renewal notices via post one month before your policy is due to renew. If you didn't receive this and would like me to investigate further please do send me an email with your policy details. Email: resolve@homeprotect.co.uk Zoe from the HomeProtect Team
Easy to renew insurance, but would have liked an up to date policy document
Glad we could keep your renewal easy Gavin. You should be able to access your new policy documents on our website https://customer.homeprotect.co.uk/documents/brochuredocs-btn/?bid=undefined. If this isn't possible we can email them over to you simply email us your request to service@homeprotect.co.uk Zoe from the HomeProtect Team
Really good value insurance at face value however there are dependencies on insurance qualifications like alarms installation and locks on windows. I have state of art windows that have inbuilt locking systems plus I live in a block of flats. A bit ridiculous really! Especially as underwriters have no visibility of what they’re dealing with
We're always looking for opportunities to improve the service we provide and your feedback is really useful Mitch. We'll pass your feedback to our underwriters for future improvements. The HomeProtect Team
Home protect took my special considerations into place the age of my property and underlining done they were very friendly able to advise patient and underststanding.
I'm thrilled we were able to help get you the right policy that suited your needs. Zoe from the HomeProtect Team
HomeProtect is rated 4.45 based on 2,172 reviews