HomeProtect Reviews

of reviewers recommend HomeProtect
Read HomeProtect Reviews

About HomeProtect:

We specialise in non-standard insurance
We cover unoccupied homes, listed properties, properties with a history of flood or subsidence, holiday homes, second homes, landlords, people who have had past financial difficulties or convictions, larger homes with more than 6 bedrooms, homes which have lodgers or are on AirBnB and many more!

We’ll protect your property, inside and out… in minutes
Our customers have saved money and set up their home insurance online, even if they've had insurance problems in the past.

Immediate online quote in most cases, even for very complex circumstances
We quote for a wider set of circumstances online than any other insurance provider in the UK.

Take advantage of discounts
You could qualify for a discount if you buy a combined Buildings & Contents policy, if you have a No Claims Bonus or if you have specific security measures at the property.

5 Star rated buildings policies
HomeProtect buildings insurance policies are rated 5 Star by Defaqto, indicating that the policy is one of the most comprehensive home insurance buildings products available.

Useful extra cover included
Benefit from Basic Legal Expenses and Home Emergency cover included in your policy, for no extra cost.

24hrs claims phone line
If the worst should happen, call our dedicated Claims team anytime. We’ll explain what information we need from you and we'll explain what happens next.

marketing@homeprotect.co.uk

CI Tower, St George’s Square

Tell us how HomeProtect made you happy
Easy process to renew but it wasn’t simple to get the insurance originally. It’s very expensive and went up again this year. It’s a specialist package and I’m paying top dollar. I’m too exhausted to cancel it and try and get a cheaper option!
Sorry to hear this Jill, We do pride ourselves on offering good quality insurance and sometimes the price will reflect this. However if you do need to make any changes to your policy it may lower the price for the year so if you send your policy details to resolve@homeprotect.co.uk we can look at this for you. Thanks Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Relatively well priced in a small market for listed building cover. Easy to join up but was surprised and disappointed to find that having no intruder alarm is cheaper than having one. I’ve never claimed on home insurance; I guess the real test is how they handle any claims.
We strive to offer cover that others cant and at a great price too so its great to see we could do that for you. Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Contact was most helpful, via telephone 📞, answered any outstanding questions, instils confidence in the product which was offered. Followed by hardcopy sent. Top response for insurance change, I would recommend this company, unlike many others.
That's what we like to hear Graham! We do offer a refer a friend scheme, you can sign up here https://www.homeprotect.co.uk/refer-a-friend - once you've signed up you'll receive a unique referral link to share with your friends. When a friend purchases via your link you will both get a £25.00 voucher! Full terms can be found on the web page. Thanks, Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
The person I spoke with was very precise in the details I asked him and ensured all my requirements were met. Having said this, the proof of the quality of any insurance company is if there are claims and how these are dealt with
We're delighted we could help you! Thank you for your kind feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Very easy to register and good customer service on the phone
That's what we like to hear! Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Easy process and came down on the original quote. I’m not a fan that they take payment 7 days before renewal though.
Thank you for your great feedback! We like to take the payment 7 days before to prevent any gap in cover should a payment default. Thanks Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Good price.documents easy to understand.Thankfully haven’t needed to make a claim but all seems easy to understand
Fingers crossed you never have to make a claim Frank! Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Good customer service
HomeProtect offered a policy when we are doing renovations so that is good. The premium was fairly pricey and they did not send me documents through the post as promised. Hence 4 stars.
We strive to offer cover that others cant so its great to see we could do that for you Susan! Sorry to hear you have not received your documents. Please can you send your policy details to resolve@homeprotect.co.uk and I will make sure they are sent out to you. Thanks Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Listed buildings can be more difficult to insure. Buildings near a river more so. However, the people at Home protect were excellent in communications - understanding the facts around existing flood defences and being prepared to do due diligence, all resulting in a competitive, comprehensive and suitable policy
We strive to offer what others cant Andy so its great to see we could do just that for you! Thanks you for your kind words. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Good communication. Similar quote on renewal. Very happy.
We aim to please Catherine! Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Good advance renewal quote. BUT statement of facts had changed , not by us, and changed the distance from water which materially affects Insurance Cover. Luckily noticed in small print, and HomeProtect subsequently blamed on "comparison sites", extra cost on quote was graciously waived. So, problems but resolved professionally and a courteous waiver of extra fee, so hence why 4* as actually isn't this all a customer wants?? IE: problems/mistakes solved quickly & courteously? Hence why we'll always use HomeProtect
We're always happy to help! Great to see we could go above and beyond on this occasion! Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Very easy this year as you were not wanting a large %age price increase so I left it to an automatic renewal. The only comment I have is that you did not confirm the renewal had happen so I was unsure until I telephone today that I was still safely insured.
Great to see we could quote you happy again this year David! Sorry to hear you didn't receive your documents. I will feed this back to the team. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Easy, simple to complete online. I only wanted basic cover so this was perfect for my needs. I called customer service with a query and they responded promptly so that sealed the deal for me.
Always happy to help Dianne! We're thrilled to have you join us! Thanks for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
We had a large claim 3 years ago and expected our premiums to increase greatly. They didn't just excess increased but has since reverted back. Very impressed
We aim to please Samantha! Sorry to hear you had to make a claim! Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Never had to claim but been with homeprotect since we bought this house 4 years ago and happy with service provided
Fingers crossed you never have to make a claim! We're delighted to have you with us for another year! Thanks Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
I've been using homeprotect for years, one of the few insurers I found ideal for our listed building/home. The few times I've called them they have been very pleasant to talk to.
We always strive to offer what others cant so its great to see we have been to do that for you Kasim! Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
My first policy with them and the quote included lots of extras that were additional fees with other companies. So their price was the most competitive.
We aim to please! Thank you for your kind words! Were delighted to have you join us. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
This was an insurance for a second home - a flat in a remote seaside town with low property values. My insurance premium had crept up over the years to the point where ( buildings only ) it was approaching my home premium ( buildings and contents ), so I thought that I really should change. HomeProtect provided the same cover at what I thought was an appropriate premium. Every penny counts and you really do need to shop around.
We strive to offer cover that others cant and at a great price too so its great to see we could do that for you! Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
It’s my first home insurance with this company which I purchased on line. I’d never purchased insurance on line but it seemed clear and easy to manage for someone who is not computer savvy
We like to make things easy for you! Welcome to HomeProtect! Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
HomeProtect is rated 4.45 based on 2,168 reviews