HomeProtect Reviews

4.4
Based on 2,429 reviews
Read HomeProtect Reviews

About HomeProtect:

We specialise in non-standard insurance
We cover unoccupied homes, listed properties, properties with a history of flood or subsidence, holiday homes, second homes, landlords, people who have had past financial difficulties or convictions, larger homes with more than 6 bedrooms, homes which have lodgers or are on AirBnB and many more!

We’ll protect your property, inside and out… in minutes
Our customers have saved money and set up their home insurance online, even if they've had insurance problems in the past.

Immediate online quote in most cases, even for very complex circumstances
We quote for a wider set of circumstances online than any other insurance provider in the UK.

Take advantage of discounts
You could qualify for a discount if you buy a combined Buildings & Contents policy, if you have a No Claims Bonus or if you have specific security measures at the property.

5 Star rated buildings policies
HomeProtect buildings insurance policies are rated 5 Star by Defaqto, indicating that the policy is one of the most comprehensive home insurance buildings products available.

Useful extra cover included
Benefit from Basic Legal Expenses and Home Emergency cover included in your policy, for no extra cost.

24hrs claims phone line
If the worst should happen, call our dedicated Claims team anytime. We’ll explain what information we need from you and we'll explain what happens next.

marketing@homeprotect.co.uk

CI Tower, St George’s Square

Tell us how HomeProtect made you happy
I was appearing to be ripped off by other insurers when trying to insure my mother's empty house with minimal contents. They wanted almost double the premium being paid when occupied. Home protect were recommended by a friend and talked everything through with me and came up with an extremely reasonable quote.
We like to offer cover that others cant, and at even greater prices. So its great to see we could do that for you Nutty! Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Very quick response, and managed it end to end, The effort was about the solution not the cost. A refreshing change
That's what we like to hear Mark! Thank you for yoru great feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Switched provider due to increased premium. Home Protect was competitive and website easy to use.
We aim to please Trevor! Thank you for your great feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Good communication about renewals. Very helpful and friendly staff on the phone. I've never had to claim so cannot comment on that.
Fingers crossed you never have to make a claim Katie! Thank you for your great feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Homeprotect dealt with our claim very quickly when we had a water leak from one of our showers, which soaked the ceiling and the wall. They arranged for someone to be there within 24 hours to sport and stop the leak and then arranged a company to carry out the repairs. If I had a criticism it is that their preferred supplier was not really up to the job, they took ages to complete the repairs and we now have creaky floorboards in the bathroom. Other than that though they handled tings well.
Sorry to hear you have had to make a claim Jeremy. I have passed your feedback on to relevant team for improvements. Thank you Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Overall very good. Staff always polite and do try their best, however it did take a lot of time to process my claim and fair enough the accessors were busy but an email to confirm receipts etc and just keep in touch would have been appreciated. Covid is used as an excuse far to often. But I do appreciate I was not the only one with a claim wanting attention so overall a good service and that’s probably why I’ve kept with you Many thanks
Thank you for your feedback, sorry to hear about your claims experience we are looking to better our service where we can so your feedback is appreciated. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Easy to buy a new policy on line but would have been even easier just to let the auto-renewal go through. But it was more expensive - loyalty isn’t encouraged. Saved money by cancelling my policy with them and buying a new one on line from the same company with all the same criteria. More work for them to create a new policy and more work for me to fill the forms in again.
Thank you for your feedback it has been passed on to the relevant team for improvements. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Although we have not made any claims it seems straight forward enough. We were happy with the policy literature we received.
Fingers crossed you never have to make a claim! Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Very helpful. Just make sure things are listed as a specific item and you keep all your receipts otherwise you can not claim!
Thank you for your feedback! Have a great day. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Very friendly over the phone but couldn’t accurately capture some property characteristics. Was proactive to call back on the same day once clarified.
We like to make sure you are covered correctly. Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Good product at a reasonable price. Provides the insurance I require.
That's what we like to hear! Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
You can tell more about a company when things go awry than when all goes to plan. HomeProtect’s customer service dealt efficiently and politely with my concerns and so redeemed my full faith in their business. The policy I have with them is highly price competitive and their approach markedly more flexible than their competitirs. Once again I was happy to renew with them.
We're thrilled we could help you Ian! Thank you for your great feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
My policy renewal went really well. One improvement would have been an email acknowledging completion of the process, online works well so happy overall
Thank you for your feedback we have taken this on board. If you're happy we're happy! Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Helpful quick service, would use again and recommend to others. Thank you
Great to hear! Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Home protect is easy and hassle free. Great service when called upon. Have given many friends the details for then to use you also.
That's what we like to hear Darren! We aim to please! Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Easy to take out, no phone calls etc.
Great to hear Les! Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Easy process to renew
We like to make your journey easy Graham! Thank you for your feedback. Angela a The HomeProtect Team.
The renewal premium for my home insurance only increased slightly from the previous year which made me decide to remain with Home Protect. The online renewal process was very straightforward. Value for money.
We always try to offer the best prices we can each year! Thank you for your great feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Was an automatic renew didn't require me to doing anything which is always a bonus not to have to deal with long winded call centers only downside is the price went up
We like to make life easier for you! Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Quite easy to take out a policy and also suited to my needs with working at sea where other companies would not insure my property.
Great to see we could offer you the cover that you needed! Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
HomeProtect is rated 4.44 based on 2,429 reviews