FURL Reviews

Read FURL Reviews

david@furl.co.uk

71 - 73 Fairfax Road
Swiss Cottage

Tell us how FURL made you happy
FURL Reviews | 8th June 2019
Sue
FURL 5 star review on 31st August 2020
Sue
More Photos & Videos
Excellent customer service at all stages of the purchase and our new sofa is exactly wanted we hoped for. Quality product and it works well as a sofa and a bed. We opted for the memory foam mattress and it’s miles better than anything else we tested at other stores. You get what you pay for.
FURL 5 star review on 30th September 2020 FURL 5 star review on 30th September 2020
Thank u for my delivery. The 2 men were very helpful. We slept on it the first night yesterday and it’s very comtable
Excellent service
Loved the whole experience from purchase to delivery. Excellent service and the most fabulous new sofa bed to enjoy!
The delivery people were quick, courteous, and helpful, and the sofa is great. Thanks!
The quality of the beds is really good . I like the ability to customise it . I especially like the optional removable headBoard covers .
Thank you to the lovely delivery men who came on time and assembled the beds and took away all the packaging.
Great product, efficient & well planned delivery, and very pleasant team carrying out a thoughtful installation. This was our second bed from Furl and we’ll use them again.
Delivery staff were punctual, pleasant, and quick.
Excellent service -good team
Such care was taken to get me the right sofa bed. Terrific and very personal service.
It was delivered With great care upstairs and assembled.
Solid bed, good storage options.
Delivery very professional and helpful
Excellent service and product. I'm very happy thank you very much.
This is our second purchase from Furl & I cannot praise them enough. Excellent, helpful service & well made quality products. The whole process from start to finish was faultless & the delivery team were very polite & efficient. The Simplicity Ottoman bed is solidly built with excellent storage and the Latex Mattress is by far the best mattress we have ever slept on. Thank you Furl!
We ordered a storage bed December 2019. Lots of advice and guidance in the showroom to help colour material choice was much appreciated! Due to lockdown our building work completion was delayed, Furl kept our bed for what seemed like an age until we were finally ready for delivery. The delivery went smoothly, the team were great, despite it being a 2nd floor delivery and quite a warm day. The bed is just perfect, it looks amazing and is very comfortable. I did get a wool mattress protector for it. So pleased with our purchase and already checking out the sofa beds!
FURL 5 star review on 31st August 2020 FURL 5 star review on 31st August 2020
Everyone at Furl has been superb. From ordering to delivery all has been great. I love my new bed!
Excellent service and products. Well done.
Our experience was not so good with regards to the customer service we received from the store manager . We felt he just didn’t care and couldn’t be bothered getting my name and email correct . This is a shame as we were going to buy wardrobes along with the table we bought . However it must be said that the director of the company had a totally different approach to customer services .
Hi Bryn, It was our pleasure to deliver and install your Eclipse table yesterday and that you were are able to enjoy it just 36 hours after ordering! I am really sorry that MJ misspelt your name, I know his has apologised to you already and he will try hard not to repeat this mistake again. You have a lovely home and your new table complements it beautifully, wishing you many successful dinners.
I would definitely recommend FURL to family and friends. The team were very responsive and friendly. The Team who delivered and installed were friendly and very quick. The website was easy to use too. I liked being able to design our product and see how it would look before buying and without visiting the showroom.
UPDATE: David refunded me £140 at the same time I was leaving this review - I have amended my star rating from 2 to 3 to reflect that the matter was resolved. However, I'd like to point out that I did order on the link i was provided on chat, I had saved it as a bookmark; and even messaged on chat moments before placing the order to check the delivery timescale as 7 days as it was showing as September on the webpage! Just admit there was an internal error, rather than push back on the customer.

-----
I loathe to write this review but sadly, the lack of communication has left me with no choice.

I contacted Furl in June to discuss their seven day express delivery service as I was in the process of purchasing a property but didn't want to buy the bed prior to exchange of contracts. I was assured that being outside of London (in Brighton) if I could give a little more than seven days notice then I could absolutely receive my order within 24 hours of moving into my property.

Once I exchanged contracts I purchased my bed - on July 15th - paid £100 for express seven day delivery and an additional £40 for weekend delivery so that my bed could be delivered the day after I completed on my flat - Saturday 25th July and I'd only have one night sleeping on the floor. Everyone was really chatty online when I hadn't yet placed the order, but as soon as I did...

Radio silence.

Over the course of the next ten days I rang the number on the website in excess of 20 times, and left several voice mails, each time clearly stating my name and telephone number. I sent several emails and was assured someone would be in touch soon. Moving day arrived and I had not heard a peep from Furl apart from the showroom manager asking me to pay another £125 for removable covers as that is all they had in stock for express delivery; i asked that they did not charge my card this fee until a delivery date was confirmed, as per the service the £140 I had paid for already. I didn't get a reply.

On Monday July 27th I finally received an email from David; informing me he had been away and that I must have mistyped my number when I made my order (I was unable to confirm this as it is not stated on my confirmation, so I took it as fact that I had inverted two numbers) and they'd been trying to call me. Funny how nobody thought to email me? Or to check the multiple emails I had sent or listen to the voicemails; each repeatedly stating my phone number!

Paul, the fitter then contacted me as initially I had been sent an email with an instal date sometime in mid August and I had replied to this email with horror!

Paul agreed to come and set up my bed on Wednesday 29th and he told me that the order hadn't come through to him as an express service - and they'd look into what had gone wrong.

I can't fault Paul - he turned up at 8am on the Wednesday and built the bed - the bed itself is great! Can't complain, fantastic storage, lovely quality - really fab.

Two days later I received an email from Furl and a notification from my bank that £140 had been charged for the removable covers (yes, that's £15 more than I was told AND bearing in mind I had already paid £140 for a delivery service that I did not receive!)

Several emails have gone back and forth with Furl stating that I want £140 (my express and weekend delivery charge) refunded plus £15 for the overcharge on the removable covers - they've admitted they've overcharged me, but haven't done anything about it.. All i got was "I appreciate that we had some communication issues and we did not deliver in 7 days as hopped, sorry about that." from the showroom manager!

I sent a final email to David, 5 days ago stating I wanted a refund for the delivery service I did not receive and for the overcharge of the removable covers, and he has not replied. Therefore I am now leaving this review as I am absolutely furious with the outrageously poor customer service.

Why two stars and not one? One for the bed, and one for Paul.

However, I really wish I had ordered from a mainstream retailer - the king size bed (no headboard or mattress or special fabric covering) plus delivery fee cost me £1670; not a small amount of money at all!

@Furl - I have been more than fair, and did say that I would take matters further if we could not resolve this between the two of us. So, if you do not refund the £155 (£100 for seven day express delivery, £40 for Saturday delivery and £15 for overcharging me for the removable covers), within the next 48 working hours, you will leave me with no choice but to contact trading standards and to inform my bank that this is an unauthorised charge and obtain the money back that way. You have my number and my email address, I look forward to hearing from you.
Hello Sam,

We are truly sorry for the frustration the purchase of your bed has caused at an already stressful time when moving house. We've identified number of issues that caused the problems, the main one being that you ordered your bed on our main site not the 7 day 'ready to go' section of the site, and yes following many conversations with you before your purchase we should have noticed this sooner. This combined with you providing an incorrect telephone number did lead us to deliver your bed 4 days later than you would have liked. I am pleased you love the bed and hope you can now enjoy your new home.
I found Furl to be extremely helpful and professional throughout the ordering and purchase process, particularly as we were unable to visit the showroom because of Covid-19.
In addition, the delivery was bang on time and the men carrying out the delivery and assembly of our sofa bed did so very professionally. I would have no hesitation in recommending Furl to others.
FURL is rated 4.89 based on 819 reviews