FURL Reviews

Read FURL Reviews

david@furl.co.uk

71 - 73 Fairfax Road
Swiss Cottage

Tell us how FURL made you happy
FURL 5 star review on 10th November 2020
FURL 5 star review on 6th October 2020
Soraya Williams
FURL 5 star review on 30th September 2020
Margaret Partridge
The bed is lovely. However we ordered a bed off the measures provided on the site as they fit neatly into an alcove where the bed was intended to fit. It turned out the dimensions are NOT as stated but rather of mattress only which is indicated NO WHERE OBVIOUS throughout the whole order process. FURL eventually after battling agreed to change the bed for smaller one but charged us the higher price even though we ended up with a smaller bed. The engage,ent and tone of service were awful. Despite the bed being nice I would not recommend.
Hello Shawn, thank you for taking the time to add your comments here. I am pleased you love your bed and am sorry for the confusion over the size you ordered. I'm glad your new re-made bed fits into your alcove.
This review should be caveated by the fact that I bought it online without visiting showroom. You can review precisely what I bought in March of this year below. Should also note I have waited 6 months + to review so I could test it thoroughly.

David was professional and generally well meaning throughout.

The spec I eventually chose included premium leather fabric. I was sent A5 size samples from a company in Rochdale which was helpful.

Skip to the delivery and I selected anytime after 14.00 on a Saturday. The delivery men were waiting at my house around midday when I arrived home with my family from taking son to his swimming lesson.

When in my hallway, as I turned around with toddler in arms the 2 men, without asking, were unloading the sofa bed parts from the van heading straight towards us, where we had not even taken our shoes off. This led to a confrontation. Fortunately the more experienced of the two men helped diffuse the situation and gave us some time to prepare. It was a bad start.

On to the product.

It was a bit higher in back than expected, and it turned out I had been wrongly informed by David on that matter. Frankly I need not have paid the surcharge for the higher back. Looking back at my emails he was wrong on the back height by 10cm. I am quite sure this was a genuine error.

The feet don’t touch the floor (hard wood) on either side (pictured) I was irritated that feet were an added extra in the first place and told it helps with balance if someone sits on the arms. They are twee in size and a full inch gap between bottom of feet and floor looks daft.

The leather fabric didn’t match the sample in texture. Far smoother and less rugged. This maybe because the samples were old. Not sure but not as expected, generally more anodised and less characterful than I’d hoped.

The sofa is basically very hard to sit on and not that comfortable for me personally. If you look at the design the seat cushions are hollowed to allow space for the mattress to fold below, can’t be much more than 8cm depth beyond the front of the seat cushions. So looking at the sofa from the front is deceiving, that is only the depth right at the front (pictured).

Underneath is a folded metal bed frame so naturally hard.

The cushions for this model are foam covered by feather/down . The feathers are lumpy and too coarse even under leather. To be honest I have no idea why they didn’t select softer feather/down or just have foam.

We opted for the buttoned seat backs. Wish I hadn’t. Slightly uncomfortably stick out and hang precariously by a thread. Look good though.

The Lampolet mechanism is excellent and well documented.

Mattress is good enough and 2m length is excellent. There are considerably deeper mattresses on the market for Lampolets, upto 18cm, so at 12cm you will feel the frame under the mattress when moving about. Still about the best on the market in the UK.

Gaps at the side are annoying and make it dangerous when babies / toddlers on bed as they fall down gaps and quite hard metal below. (Pictured)

Overall it was a big investment and I am far from delighted.

All of the added extra costs for some things, like feet, that should have been included left a bad taste.

* Model: Duette Medium 3 Seater
* Higher Back: Yes
* Delivery option: Home Installation
* Weekend Delivery: Yes
* Total Amount:£2,830.00
The storage beds from Furl are a wonderful product with more storage space than I've seen from other manufacturers. My experience with the company, however, was sadly marred by very poor customer service. It took me several weeks and an exchange of acrimonious emails to get them to listen to my pleas that I'd been delivered the wrong mattress. I got a new mattress in the end (the correct one) but not before having to pay for the exchange.
Hello Naana, I’m sorry you found the mattress you chose to be different to what you expected and tried in our showroom. At your request we did return your mattress to the manufacturer who confirmed it was what you ordered and it was not defective. We returned the same mattress back to you which I am pleased you now find acceptable. I am delighted you love your bed and have all the storage space you need.
Very nice beds and seem to be good quality. Very poor service though. Have had an issue with the store as charged us for delivery and assembly but refused to assemble the bed as the room was "too crowded". Proposed to come back charging us 65 pounds, Really a shame buying a bed for 2.000 and receiving such a poor post sale treatment. Would not recommend to anyone.
Hello Paulien, thank you for your message I am glad you like your bed. The reason for the re-delivery charge is because we were unable to assemble the bed as there was insufficient room and a high possibility of damage due to the building work that was being carried out in the room at the same time. We always give 7/10 days notice of our deliveries but do need the room to be clear when we arrive.
FURL is rated 4.89 based on 840 reviews