FURL Reviews

Read FURL Reviews

david@furl.co.uk

71 - 73 Fairfax Road
Swiss Cottage

Tell us how FURL made you happy
FURL Reviews | 8th June 2019
Aikaterini Koutoulaki
FURL 5 star review on 24th January 2020
Carol Moore
More Photos & Videos
When I chose Furl to buy a bed and paid nearly £2,500 I expected to receive a bespoke, great quality bed, as promised. I am very disappointed and will never buy from them again. After 8 weeks, the bed was delivered and the problems started. The bed they delivered, which was supposed to be made to order, had some faults. A part of the bed had to be sawed in my bedroom so that it could be assembled; pieces of the wood came off when screws were put in and they forgot to bring the headboard. As it was a very expensive bed, I decided to complain and ask for a new one. They agreed to make a new bed. After 114 days (about 16 weeks) from the day I bought the bed, they finally delivered the new bed, but the wrong headboard. Another mistake. I was told someone was going to call me to sort out the problem with the headboard, but no one did. I e-mailed David Norman, the owner of the company, who had previously ignored some of my e-mails, and he said he would look into the problem and they would return to fix it. I haven’t heard from David Norman or anyone from Furl since.Not to mention a wrong mattress was delivered, different from the one I ordered in the shop with the help of one of their salespeople.. David said I received the mattress which was in my order, but in one of the e-mails I received from somebody from Furl, I was told they had some problems with their computer systems, so a mistaken from their part may have happened. The mattress was never exchanged and I never heard from David since. Would you trust such company? I won't anymore!
I am very sorry for the issues you appear to have experienced with you bed., this certainly is not our normal way of doing business. ( see 500+ other reviews).

Please can you call the office 0208 451 6999 so we can get this resolved for you immediately. I am unable to contact you as you have not provided any contact details and I don't recall such a catalogue of errors on our side.

Once again, we are very sorry, but thank you for your feedback and the opportunity to fix it.
A great range of sofa beds I found one that is high and firm, yet very comfy to really suit my needs m, as it is difficult for me to get up from low seating. The choice of sizes and arm width meant that the sofa bed is perfect for the space. I love the fact that it pulls open and all the cushioned seating remains integrated so when out it is very space saving and easy to put away.
FURL 5 star review on 15th May 2020
The sofa beds from Furl are amazing. The sofa is beautiful and the comfort of the bed is as good as a normal bed, unlike the usual sofabeds, the Furl beds have no bar across them to cause discomfort. The system for pulling the bed out is so simple and there is no need to move cushions. The delivery men who assembled it were efficient and polite. I highly recommend Furl sofa beds.
FURL 5 star review on 24th January 2020
() - Posted 5 months ago
Our sofa bed is incredibly comfortable and is being used as an 'everyday' bed with no complaints. The service itself was quick, reliable and easy. The payment options also made an expensive quality purchase much more manageable for us.
Fantastic build quality, fantastic customer service and fantastic fitting team.

I had my sofa bed created by Furl and at the time of ordering, their smallest bed was 5cm bigger than the gap of which I wanted the sofa in my premises. I spoke to David and he assured me if I passed on a message stating to ensure the sofa was made within the given size, it would be.

The day of delivery arrived and the fitting team were quick, tidy and extremely pleasant. Safe to say, the sofa fitted like a glove with 1cm each side of clearance. Perfect!!

Granted, it's an expensive investment but the build quality and craftsmanship is just brilliant. You get what you pay for.

I'd never hesitate in recommending the Sofa beds to anyone and you also get a fantastic nights sleep on the pocket sprung mattress which I opted for.
Hi Callum,

Thank you thank you thank you for your fantastic review.

We are so pleased to hear that you received our super duper service. Your sofa bed certainly was made for your space!

Furl
The order process with Furl was easy, go thru options and choose your sofa bed, pay for it and wait for your bespoke unit to be made. They called me a week before due date to arrange delivery. My sofa bed was delivered and built in situ, by a man named DAVE, he was professional and very polite. A real nice bloke (who obviously loved his job). he took all the packing away and made sure we were happy with our purchase and its position, he then demonstrated it to us. That's all I can say. Thanks. Lewis
I bought a king size bed from Furl because I was looking for a company here in the UK that could made those kind of storage beds for quite a time, and I was glad to found this company. The bed was made according my specs and the quality of the materials and service are outstanding. Very happy with my purchase!!
excellent service could not be more pleased with product, ten score in every department!
The customer service was great and everything about our bed was so customizable. We absolutely love our bed and the amazing storage space we have underneath.
I am such a satisfied customer!

The bed I purchased from you is the very first bed I've owned. Even though I'm well and truly middle aged, I've spent my life sleeping on mattresses on the floor and futon bases. I decided I deserved a beautiful bed. And, that it would make sense to get a storage bed, as I have a rather minimalist aesthetic. My research led me to Furl. I mean, there are a lot of much cheaper options, but I really wanted to have a beautiful and beautifully made storage bed. To be honest, the cost of my bed is above my pay scale, but I am so happy that I stretched and didn't settle for less.

I've been sleeping in my new bed for the last 4 months and am completely in love with it. I spend a lot of time on my bed, not only for sleeping, but working on the laptop (I'm here now!) reading and watching TV. I don't have a sofa. BedWorld holds a lot of my life. Me, and my dog, Leonard, are very happy and very grateful.

And, it was a super shopping experience: from going to the showroom for my one to one bed consult, through to the lovely men who came and built the bed in my room. Flawless. And a really nice feeling of a smaller business, that value the personal touch.
FURL 5 star review on 9th February 2017
Have purchased 2 king size beds from Furl - an Air and Simplicity. Thrilled with the beds - there are of superb quality, fully functional and lovely beds! Excellent customer service from Furl throughout. When our building works overran and we needed to amend the delivery dates for the beds, Furl were flexible and accommodating on multiple occasions. The delivery guys who assembled the beds were professional, speedy and punctual (they were actually early!). Would thoroughly recommend Furl and have already do so to friends!
Hello Ee Ling,
It was so lovely to see you again at the showroom. Thank you so much for your really kind words. We are really pleased to hear that you love your beds.
Furl
We love our Furl sofa bed - it's the only sofa bed we have come across that feels like an ultra comfortable bed. Definitely recommend Furl for anyone looking for a comfortable sofa bed that's built to last with great craftsmanship!
Hello Dalia,
We are so pleased to hear that you just love your sofa bed.
Thank you for your lovely review.
Furl
I had endured numerous nights on temporary beds in other people's houses and in our own when family came to stay. We live in Norfolk and had got to the stage when family would take over the upstairs and we would sleep downstairs on a blow up bed. I had just retired and was looking forward to seeing more of the family so investigated sofa beds.
The claims of FURL that they combined a comfortable sofa with a well built bed base and a pocket sprung mattress convinced me to arrange a visit with my wife to their Wembley showroom to try out different models, and combine it with a visit to the theatre.
The visit proved very useful as there were a number of other couples and families all doing their own searches. This was a hands on experience on different sizes, shapes and materials with sample books to flick through. At the end of a couple of hours and listening to the comments of other people, we left to go home with samples and measurements.
We placed an order for a two seater Milano sofabed having come down to earth and realised we only live in a small cottage and needed to match colours, choosing a green linen finish.
The order was placed with a deposit at the start of September and delivery was in November. The van arrived earlier than indicated, and assembly was satisfactory with only one retaining screw having to be repositioned.
The sofabed was used at Christmas for a few days leaving the jury out. We have just slept on it for 7 consecutive nights this August and are very pleased with its comfort at night, its ease of tidying up and stowing it away in the morning. Meanwhile it has served as a very comfortable sofa in our living room for us and our monthly book group.
FURL 5 star review on 1st September 2016
Hi David,

Thanks a million for your fab five stars.

We are so super pleased that you had a productive and enjoyable visit to our showroom. Your Milano really does look great.

Happy Retirement and Happy Reading!

Furl
My fiancé and I had been researching beds for some time before we stumbled across 'The Storage Bed Company' online a few years ago, which has since been renamed to Furl. We visited the showroom in Neasden and were very impressed - the owner was present on the day and was extremely knowledgeable about his products. The amount of storage in all of the beds, but specifically the Max, was significant and just what we required (for my ridiculously-sized shoe collection!). We had to wait a bit before we decided to order but when we returned to the showroom a couple of years later, the owner was there again and just as enthusiastic about his products, which is fantastic to see. We purchased a king-size Max storage bed with end-opening mechanism, 'Deeply' headboard, oak feet, electronic security box and dust cover in 'Linen' fabric. On the day of delivery, 2 men assembled the bed within 30 minutes and were very professional and courteous, and did not leave any mess or packaging behind. The build of the bed is excellent, and it is very sturdy. I am extremely pleased I bought the electronic safe as well, it's been so useful. All in all, I am extremely pleased with the bed and would not hesitate to recommend purchasing from Furl. I would suggest a visit to their showroom if you are able, just to meet with the owner and see the vast array of fabrics on offer.
FURL 5 star review on 29th August 2016
Hi Nicola,

Thanks a lot for your brilliant five stars.

We are so delighted to hear about your fab showroom experiences even years apart.

Now quick..get those shoes into your bed before your Fiancé takes up too much space!

Furl
We've had our Furl Sofa-bed for a couple weeks now and its fulfilling their high-standard promises in an exemplary fashion. We couldn't ask for or get more from the product or service. From the super efficient delivery (20 mins I think in total from door-knock an hour earlier than their quoted slot to done and left) including unwrapping and assembly, explaining care of the leather and use of the extra features we chose (twice, with nothing but professional courtesy, to ensure my wife understood), all with great care for our flat and no problem bringing it up the stairs with the full delivery option to all our showroom visit experiences (which is quite spacious and very clean). David and others at Furl are very friendly, helpful, and honest, and gave us plenty of time over multiple visits (he waited for us to be done at closing time once), no pressure. If there is one tiny wish, the website isn't always super intuitive eg. materials selection especially on our 10" tablet, and selecting custom colours from their wider range you need to have the right fabric "custom" option chosen for the price quote to be accurate I believe (as of 2016).

We love that its a British company and made here, we love the colour we chose (having had several swatches sent us and compared at home in different lighting situations), and the leather is fabulous plus we know if there's any problems under warranty they will remake any piece/the whole thing in the same colour for many years yet and match it up. The 5 year warranty on /everything/ (not just the frame like many lesser companies) is indicative of a quality brand putting its money where its mouth is. We love the extra features we chose (at reasonable prices) you just can't get anywhere else - the storage arms, the moving system (wheels on hidden levers - makes shifting it/lifting the legs for cleaning a breeze), having a taller back cushion for my back support (I'm 6'). Its also about the longest mattress we found (very tall friends/relatives will be sleeping on it occasionally!) and the reflex foam is so much more comfortable compared to almost[*] every other sofa bed we tried out in shops, you can't feel the metal bars or straps underneath and its frame doesn't get in the way when you're swinging limbs over the side, nor does the sofa back/arms (so much).

The leather has just settled down from its slightly chemical-smelling brand-newness and dissipated/"out-gassed" (aka "off-gassed" as this is called - is the same on other leathers) its initial new-ness, its starting to smell more like plain older leather. All the pieces arrived clear-plastic coated so hadn't yet had a chance to do that since manufacture.

[*] just a couple other brands in the same ball-park price for the basic sofa could compete on mattress comfort and length, but its mainly a sofa for us and occasional visitor bed and the difference wasn't material enough (ho ho!) to lose out on all the other fantastic Furl features/service. Heartily recommend Furl sofa beds if within your budget (or you can stretch to it after trying out others that fall short), especially if you like the extra options available like we have.
Hi John,

We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your wonderful five star review.

It makes us smile from ear to ear that you truly enjoyed our service and will continue to enjoy our quality long into the future.

Furl
I spent loads of time on the website which was very useful for comparing all the different bed options. But actually when we went to the showroom in London we ended up changing to a different model, so it's well worth visiting. David and his team were very helpful at the showroom, and we were fascinated by some of the other storage products they sell.

We're very pleased with the bed, it looks great and the storage is excellent. The team who put the bed up were quick, tidy and efficient.

Overall I'd definitely recommend Furl. They are not the cheapest but you definitely get an excellent product and great customer service.
FURL 5 star review on 24th August 2016
Hi Alex,
Thanks a million for your wonderful review.

We really appreciate your kind words on the service and effeciency of our team.

Your bed looks like it was made for the space - we hope you enjoy filling it with all of your treasures!

Furl
Our new London sofa bed is lovely in our small space apartment, storage in arms help keep clutter down. Mechanism strong enough for daily use. we are very happy with it
Hi Susan,

Thanks a bunch for your kind review.

We are so glad that you can now live clutter free.

Furl
Great quality sofa bed with a real mattress but that is what I was expecting. What I got extra was fabulous customer service from a 'no problem' approach which assured me that it would fit and stairs were not an issue, though to a great installation team - they really brought extra value to the product in respect of their professional attitude to the product and my home.
Hi Beverley,

A really big thank you for your lovely 5 stars. We are so glad you hear that you were impressed by our top-quality service.
Furl
Excellent service and excellent products.

Making an appointment was easy, and the lady was very helpful, new the products and helped choose the right bed.

My flat was not ready so furl kept the bed in storage as long as I needed. Delivery was extremely easy to organize on a selected date.

The guys put the bed together and explained everything. They made sure to cover their shoes and didn't step on the new carpets.
FURL 5 star review on 22nd August 2016
Hi Nikolaos,

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

We are so glad that you had a wonderful experience at our showroom and upon delivery. We hope your flat is loving your new bed as much as the bed is loving being there - it looks like it was meant to be!

Furl
Wonderful sofa bed. We held off buying a sofa bed for a while to save up, as Furl beds looked so beautiful - and we've not been disappointed at all.

Works brilliantly as a sofa and a bed, is super comfortable and looks wonderful! The mechanism is really smooth which makes it very easy to change between bed and sofa. Our guests love it.
FURL 5 star review on 22nd August 2016
Hi Marcus,

Thanks a lot for your wonderful words.

We agree - it certainly looks wonderful.
Hope your guests don't love it so much that you can't get them to leave!
FURL is rated 4.89 based on 784 reviews