FURL Reviews

Read FURL Reviews

david@furl.co.uk

71 - 73 Fairfax Road
Swiss Cottage

Tell us how FURL made you happy
FURL 5 star review on 10th November 2020
FURL 5 star review on 6th October 2020
Soraya Williams
FURL 5 star review on 30th September 2020
Margaret Partridge
When I chose Furl to buy a bed and paid nearly £2,500 I expected to receive a bespoke, great quality bed, as promised. I am very disappointed and will never buy from them again. After 8 weeks, the bed was delivered and the problems started. The bed they delivered, which was supposed to be made to order, had some faults. A part of the bed had to be sawed in my bedroom so that it could be assembled; pieces of the wood came off when screws were put in and they forgot to bring the headboard. As it was a very expensive bed, I decided to complain and ask for a new one. They agreed to make a new bed. After 114 days (about 16 weeks) from the day I bought the bed, they finally delivered the new bed, but the wrong headboard. Another mistake. I was told someone was going to call me to sort out the problem with the headboard, but no one did. I e-mailed David Norman, the owner of the company, who had previously ignored some of my e-mails, and he said he would look into the problem and they would return to fix it. I haven’t heard from David Norman or anyone from Furl since.Not to mention a wrong mattress was delivered, different from the one I ordered in the shop with the help of one of their salespeople.. David said I received the mattress which was in my order, but in one of the e-mails I received from somebody from Furl, I was told they had some problems with their computer systems, so a mistaken from their part may have happened. The mattress was never exchanged and I never heard from David since. Would you trust such company? I won't anymore!
I am very sorry for the issues you appear to have experienced with you bed., this certainly is not our normal way of doing business. ( see 500+ other reviews).

Please can you call the office 0208 451 6999 so we can get this resolved for you immediately. I am unable to contact you as you have not provided any contact details and I don't recall such a catalogue of errors on our side.

Once again, we are very sorry, but thank you for your feedback and the opportunity to fix it.
UPDATE: David refunded me £140 at the same time I was leaving this review - I have amended my star rating from 2 to 3 to reflect that the matter was resolved. However, I'd like to point out that I did order on the link i was provided on chat, I had saved it as a bookmark; and even messaged on chat moments before placing the order to check the delivery timescale as 7 days as it was showing as September on the webpage! Just admit there was an internal error, rather than push back on the customer.

-----
I loathe to write this review but sadly, the lack of communication has left me with no choice.

I contacted Furl in June to discuss their seven day express delivery service as I was in the process of purchasing a property but didn't want to buy the bed prior to exchange of contracts. I was assured that being outside of London (in Brighton) if I could give a little more than seven days notice then I could absolutely receive my order within 24 hours of moving into my property.

Once I exchanged contracts I purchased my bed - on July 15th - paid £100 for express seven day delivery and an additional £40 for weekend delivery so that my bed could be delivered the day after I completed on my flat - Saturday 25th July and I'd only have one night sleeping on the floor. Everyone was really chatty online when I hadn't yet placed the order, but as soon as I did...

Radio silence.

Over the course of the next ten days I rang the number on the website in excess of 20 times, and left several voice mails, each time clearly stating my name and telephone number. I sent several emails and was assured someone would be in touch soon. Moving day arrived and I had not heard a peep from Furl apart from the showroom manager asking me to pay another £125 for removable covers as that is all they had in stock for express delivery; i asked that they did not charge my card this fee until a delivery date was confirmed, as per the service the £140 I had paid for already. I didn't get a reply.

On Monday July 27th I finally received an email from David; informing me he had been away and that I must have mistyped my number when I made my order (I was unable to confirm this as it is not stated on my confirmation, so I took it as fact that I had inverted two numbers) and they'd been trying to call me. Funny how nobody thought to email me? Or to check the multiple emails I had sent or listen to the voicemails; each repeatedly stating my phone number!

Paul, the fitter then contacted me as initially I had been sent an email with an instal date sometime in mid August and I had replied to this email with horror!

Paul agreed to come and set up my bed on Wednesday 29th and he told me that the order hadn't come through to him as an express service - and they'd look into what had gone wrong.

I can't fault Paul - he turned up at 8am on the Wednesday and built the bed - the bed itself is great! Can't complain, fantastic storage, lovely quality - really fab.

Two days later I received an email from Furl and a notification from my bank that £140 had been charged for the removable covers (yes, that's £15 more than I was told AND bearing in mind I had already paid £140 for a delivery service that I did not receive!)

Several emails have gone back and forth with Furl stating that I want £140 (my express and weekend delivery charge) refunded plus £15 for the overcharge on the removable covers - they've admitted they've overcharged me, but haven't done anything about it.. All i got was "I appreciate that we had some communication issues and we did not deliver in 7 days as hopped, sorry about that." from the showroom manager!

I sent a final email to David, 5 days ago stating I wanted a refund for the delivery service I did not receive and for the overcharge of the removable covers, and he has not replied. Therefore I am now leaving this review as I am absolutely furious with the outrageously poor customer service.

Why two stars and not one? One for the bed, and one for Paul.

However, I really wish I had ordered from a mainstream retailer - the king size bed (no headboard or mattress or special fabric covering) plus delivery fee cost me £1670; not a small amount of money at all!

@Furl - I have been more than fair, and did say that I would take matters further if we could not resolve this between the two of us. So, if you do not refund the £155 (£100 for seven day express delivery, £40 for Saturday delivery and £15 for overcharging me for the removable covers), within the next 48 working hours, you will leave me with no choice but to contact trading standards and to inform my bank that this is an unauthorised charge and obtain the money back that way. You have my number and my email address, I look forward to hearing from you.
Hello Sam,

We are truly sorry for the frustration the purchase of your bed has caused at an already stressful time when moving house. We've identified number of issues that caused the problems, the main one being that you ordered your bed on our main site not the 7 day 'ready to go' section of the site, and yes following many conversations with you before your purchase we should have noticed this sooner. This combined with you providing an incorrect telephone number did lead us to deliver your bed 4 days later than you would have liked. I am pleased you love the bed and hope you can now enjoy your new home.
Smooth service. Good communication, I got a call when the team was on the way. The delivery team put together the sofa in no time, was informative and polite and came equipped with masks, adhering to the covid safety measures.

Overall, a very positive experience and the sofa looks well made and is comfortable and a pleasure to sit on.
FURL 5 star review on 31st July 2020
A great range of sofa beds I found one that is high and firm, yet very comfy to really suit my needs m, as it is difficult for me to get up from low seating. The choice of sizes and arm width meant that the sofa bed is perfect for the space. I love the fact that it pulls open and all the cushioned seating remains integrated so when out it is very space saving and easy to put away.
FURL 5 star review on 15th May 2020
The sofa beds from Furl are amazing. The sofa is beautiful and the comfort of the bed is as good as a normal bed, unlike the usual sofabeds, the Furl beds have no bar across them to cause discomfort. The system for pulling the bed out is so simple and there is no need to move cushions. The delivery men who assembled it were efficient and polite. I highly recommend Furl sofa beds.
FURL 5 star review on 24th January 2020
() - Posted 10 months ago
Our sofa bed is incredibly comfortable and is being used as an 'everyday' bed with no complaints. The service itself was quick, reliable and easy. The payment options also made an expensive quality purchase much more manageable for us.
Fantastic build quality, fantastic customer service and fantastic fitting team.

I had my sofa bed created by Furl and at the time of ordering, their smallest bed was 5cm bigger than the gap of which I wanted the sofa in my premises. I spoke to David and he assured me if I passed on a message stating to ensure the sofa was made within the given size, it would be.

The day of delivery arrived and the fitting team were quick, tidy and extremely pleasant. Safe to say, the sofa fitted like a glove with 1cm each side of clearance. Perfect!!

Granted, it's an expensive investment but the build quality and craftsmanship is just brilliant. You get what you pay for.

I'd never hesitate in recommending the Sofa beds to anyone and you also get a fantastic nights sleep on the pocket sprung mattress which I opted for.
Hi Callum,

Thank you thank you thank you for your fantastic review.

We are so pleased to hear that you received our super duper service. Your sofa bed certainly was made for your space!

Best wishes,

Furl
Great products, passionately designed, constructed and installed. Top quality in service from start to end.
Am seriously impressed by Furl. The service has been outstanding from beginning to end and the product is extremely good. 100% recommend and hope to use Furl again. I really wish you did normal sofas too!
Arrived at given time. Were very polite and quick. The bed looks great !
The order process with Furl was easy, go thru options and choose your sofa bed, pay for it and wait for your bespoke unit to be made. They called me a week before due date to arrange delivery. My sofa bed was delivered and built in situ, by a man named DAVE, he was professional and very polite. A real nice bloke (who obviously loved his job). he took all the packing away and made sure we were happy with our purchase and its position, he then demonstrated it to us. That's all I can say. Thanks. Lewis
I purchased a max storage bed back in jan 2016. Guys from furl came and did the installation on time and were very courteous. Once fully installed and after the installer had left I noticed that the bed came without a solid base instead having a canvas base. I also noticed that one black plastic slat insert was squashed in. I contacted furl and was told that the max bed came without a solid base and that they could arrange solid boards to be fitted at a cost of £95. Jessica from furl also told me that when they come to install the solid base the installers would look at replacing the slat insert she also asked me to send pictures of the problem which I did. To make it clear the bed coming without a solid base was not something furl did wrong I selected the wrong style of bed and was happy with the resolution at the time.
The base was installed a few weeks after placing the order. The installers checked the plastic insert for the slat and said it was fine and didn’t really cause any problems so they left it.
Further down the line I noticed that the particular slat in question was resting further down from the others and made a noise when someone sat on the bed. Contacted David Norman who sent replacement insert for me to install myself. I also emailed David about the quality of the bed base which has chips on the edges and one board has chipped from the centre where both boards meet in the middle. He replied that replacement boards would cost £195. I wasn’t happy with his reply firstly the price for replacing the boards had gone up over 100% in 2 years and secondly I did not expect the boards to have this issue in less than 2 years. I emailed him asking why the replacement cost for the boards was so much more, he never replied. I then called furl and then he decided to reply to my email which quite frankly was not only disappointing but quite astonishing. He said that the boards only had cosmetic damage to them and that they were fully functional.
I don’t think that David Norman really gets his customer base and his comments were taken as an insult. If I wanted a functioning bed I would have bought one from IKEA for a 10th of the cost paid to furl. Call me OCD but I am very house proud and look after my belongings. Having issues with the bed base is not only annoying but to me needs to be rectified otherwise I would always know that the bed has an issue and I can’t rest till its sorted. I can’t believe his response and as the saying goes you only find out the good from the bad when things go wrong. Furl customer service basically this, you sort the problem out yourself or pay us more money and we will do it for you. If I owned the company myself I would not be happy that my customer had experienced a problem with their bed in such a short time after paying for a luxury service.
Do the honourable thing and replace my base boards at your cost please.
FURL 1 star review on 12th February 2019
Dear Asif, thank you for taking the time to add your comments here. I am sorry we were unable to find a FOC solution for you. Physical damage to your bed is not covered by our 5-year warranty. As we discussed we can replace the internal boards on your bed, but they have to be paid for. Our offer to replace them at cost still stands please come and collect them when you are ready.
I bought a king size bed from Furl because I was looking for a company here in the UK that could made those kind of storage beds for quite a time, and I was glad to found this company. The bed was made according my specs and the quality of the materials and service are outstanding. Very happy with my purchase!!
The bed is lovely. However we ordered a bed off the measures provided on the site as they fit neatly into an alcove where the bed was intended to fit. It turned out the dimensions are NOT as stated but rather of mattress only which is indicated NO WHERE OBVIOUS throughout the whole order process. FURL eventually after battling agreed to change the bed for smaller one but charged us the higher price even though we ended up with a smaller bed. The engage,ent and tone of service were awful. Despite the bed being nice I would not recommend.
Hello Shawn, thank you for taking the time to add your comments here. I am pleased you love your bed and am sorry for the confusion over the size you ordered. I'm glad your new re-made bed fits into your alcove.
Do not recommend ! Very poor care about customer, the delivery of our wall bed had 3 month delayed and has been a constant false expectation by giving multiple wrong estimate.
The company just ignored our request of a commercial action to compensate for the inconvenience, i still wait for an answer as of today...
The only positive aspect is that bed has been delivered after 6 month of wait
Thank you for taking the time to write this Nicolas and thank you for ending on a positive note. We are very sorry for the delay we experienced in making your custom size wall bed but am pleased that now its installed it meets your expectations and fits your space.
excellent service could not be more pleased with product, ten score in every department!
The customer service was great and everything about our bed was so customizable. We absolutely love our bed and the amazing storage space we have underneath.
I am such a satisfied customer!

The bed I purchased from you is the very first bed I've owned. Even though I'm well and truly middle aged, I've spent my life sleeping on mattresses on the floor and futon bases. I decided I deserved a beautiful bed. And, that it would make sense to get a storage bed, as I have a rather minimalist aesthetic. My research led me to Furl. I mean, there are a lot of much cheaper options, but I really wanted to have a beautiful and beautifully made storage bed. To be honest, the cost of my bed is above my pay scale, but I am so happy that I stretched and didn't settle for less.

I've been sleeping in my new bed for the last 4 months and am completely in love with it. I spend a lot of time on my bed, not only for sleeping, but working on the laptop (I'm here now!) reading and watching TV. I don't have a sofa. BedWorld holds a lot of my life. Me, and my dog, Leonard, are very happy and very grateful.

And, it was a super shopping experience: from going to the showroom for my one to one bed consult, through to the lovely men who came and built the bed in my room. Flawless. And a really nice feeling of a smaller business, that value the personal touch.
FURL 5 star review on 9th February 2017
Have purchased 2 king size beds from Furl - an Air and Simplicity. Thrilled with the beds - there are of superb quality, fully functional and lovely beds! Excellent customer service from Furl throughout. When our building works overran and we needed to amend the delivery dates for the beds, Furl were flexible and accommodating on multiple occasions. The delivery guys who assembled the beds were professional, speedy and punctual (they were actually early!). Would thoroughly recommend Furl and have already do so to friends!
Hello Ee Ling,
It was so lovely to see you again at the showroom. Thank you so much for your really kind words. We are really pleased to hear that you love your beds.
Best wishes,
Furl
We love our Furl sofa bed - it's the only sofa bed we have come across that feels like an ultra comfortable bed. Definitely recommend Furl for anyone looking for a comfortable sofa bed that's built to last with great craftsmanship!
Hello Dalia,
We are so pleased to hear that you just love your sofa bed.
Thank you for your lovely review.
All the best,