FURL Reviews

Read FURL Reviews

david@furl.co.uk

71 - 73 Fairfax Road
Swiss Cottage

Tell us how FURL made you happy
FURL 5 star review on 10th November 2020
FURL 5 star review on 6th October 2020
Soraya Williams
FURL 5 star review on 30th September 2020
Margaret Partridge
I purchased a max storage bed back in jan 2016. Guys from furl came and did the installation on time and were very courteous. Once fully installed and after the installer had left I noticed that the bed came without a solid base instead having a canvas base. I also noticed that one black plastic slat insert was squashed in. I contacted furl and was told that the max bed came without a solid base and that they could arrange solid boards to be fitted at a cost of £95. Jessica from furl also told me that when they come to install the solid base the installers would look at replacing the slat insert she also asked me to send pictures of the problem which I did. To make it clear the bed coming without a solid base was not something furl did wrong I selected the wrong style of bed and was happy with the resolution at the time.
The base was installed a few weeks after placing the order. The installers checked the plastic insert for the slat and said it was fine and didn’t really cause any problems so they left it.
Further down the line I noticed that the particular slat in question was resting further down from the others and made a noise when someone sat on the bed. Contacted David Norman who sent replacement insert for me to install myself. I also emailed David about the quality of the bed base which has chips on the edges and one board has chipped from the centre where both boards meet in the middle. He replied that replacement boards would cost £195. I wasn’t happy with his reply firstly the price for replacing the boards had gone up over 100% in 2 years and secondly I did not expect the boards to have this issue in less than 2 years. I emailed him asking why the replacement cost for the boards was so much more, he never replied. I then called furl and then he decided to reply to my email which quite frankly was not only disappointing but quite astonishing. He said that the boards only had cosmetic damage to them and that they were fully functional.
I don’t think that David Norman really gets his customer base and his comments were taken as an insult. If I wanted a functioning bed I would have bought one from IKEA for a 10th of the cost paid to furl. Call me OCD but I am very house proud and look after my belongings. Having issues with the bed base is not only annoying but to me needs to be rectified otherwise I would always know that the bed has an issue and I can’t rest till its sorted. I can’t believe his response and as the saying goes you only find out the good from the bad when things go wrong. Furl customer service basically this, you sort the problem out yourself or pay us more money and we will do it for you. If I owned the company myself I would not be happy that my customer had experienced a problem with their bed in such a short time after paying for a luxury service.
Do the honourable thing and replace my base boards at your cost please.
FURL 1 star review on 12th February 2019
Dear Asif, thank you for taking the time to add your comments here. I am sorry we were unable to find a FOC solution for you. Physical damage to your bed is not covered by our 5-year warranty. As we discussed we can replace the internal boards on your bed, but they have to be paid for. Our offer to replace them at cost still stands please come and collect them when you are ready.
When I chose Furl to buy a bed and paid nearly £2,500 I expected to receive a bespoke, great quality bed, as promised. I am very disappointed and will never buy from them again. After 8 weeks, the bed was delivered and the problems started. The bed they delivered, which was supposed to be made to order, had some faults. A part of the bed had to be sawed in my bedroom so that it could be assembled; pieces of the wood came off when screws were put in and they forgot to bring the headboard. As it was a very expensive bed, I decided to complain and ask for a new one. They agreed to make a new bed. After 114 days (about 16 weeks) from the day I bought the bed, they finally delivered the new bed, but the wrong headboard. Another mistake. I was told someone was going to call me to sort out the problem with the headboard, but no one did. I e-mailed David Norman, the owner of the company, who had previously ignored some of my e-mails, and he said he would look into the problem and they would return to fix it. I haven’t heard from David Norman or anyone from Furl since.Not to mention a wrong mattress was delivered, different from the one I ordered in the shop with the help of one of their salespeople.. David said I received the mattress which was in my order, but in one of the e-mails I received from somebody from Furl, I was told they had some problems with their computer systems, so a mistaken from their part may have happened. The mattress was never exchanged and I never heard from David since. Would you trust such company? I won't anymore!
I am very sorry for the issues you appear to have experienced with you bed., this certainly is not our normal way of doing business. ( see 500+ other reviews).

Please can you call the office 0208 451 6999 so we can get this resolved for you immediately. I am unable to contact you as you have not provided any contact details and I don't recall such a catalogue of errors on our side.

Once again, we are very sorry, but thank you for your feedback and the opportunity to fix it.
Do not recommend ! Very poor care about customer, the delivery of our wall bed had 3 month delayed and has been a constant false expectation by giving multiple wrong estimate.
The company just ignored our request of a commercial action to compensate for the inconvenience, i still wait for an answer as of today...
The only positive aspect is that bed has been delivered after 6 month of wait
Thank you for taking the time to write this Nicolas and thank you for ending on a positive note. We are very sorry for the delay we experienced in making your custom size wall bed but am pleased that now its installed it meets your expectations and fits your space.
FURL is rated 4.89 based on 842 reviews