FURL Reviews

Read FURL Reviews

david@furl.co.uk

71 - 73 Fairfax Road
Swiss Cottage

Tell us how FURL made you happy
FURL 5 star review on 10th November 2020
FURL 5 star review on 6th October 2020
Soraya Williams
FURL 5 star review on 30th September 2020
Margaret Partridge
Our experience was not so good with regards to the customer service we received from the store manager . We felt he just didn’t care and couldn’t be bothered getting my name and email correct . This is a shame as we were going to buy wardrobes along with the table we bought . However it must be said that the director of the company had a totally different approach to customer services .
Hi Bryn, It was our pleasure to deliver and install your Eclipse table yesterday and that you were are able to enjoy it just 36 hours after ordering! I am really sorry that MJ misspelt your name, I know his has apologised to you already and he will try hard not to repeat this mistake again. You have a lovely home and your new table complements it beautifully, wishing you many successful dinners.
UPDATE: David refunded me £140 at the same time I was leaving this review - I have amended my star rating from 2 to 3 to reflect that the matter was resolved. However, I'd like to point out that I did order on the link i was provided on chat, I had saved it as a bookmark; and even messaged on chat moments before placing the order to check the delivery timescale as 7 days as it was showing as September on the webpage! Just admit there was an internal error, rather than push back on the customer.

-----
I loathe to write this review but sadly, the lack of communication has left me with no choice.

I contacted Furl in June to discuss their seven day express delivery service as I was in the process of purchasing a property but didn't want to buy the bed prior to exchange of contracts. I was assured that being outside of London (in Brighton) if I could give a little more than seven days notice then I could absolutely receive my order within 24 hours of moving into my property.

Once I exchanged contracts I purchased my bed - on July 15th - paid £100 for express seven day delivery and an additional £40 for weekend delivery so that my bed could be delivered the day after I completed on my flat - Saturday 25th July and I'd only have one night sleeping on the floor. Everyone was really chatty online when I hadn't yet placed the order, but as soon as I did...

Radio silence.

Over the course of the next ten days I rang the number on the website in excess of 20 times, and left several voice mails, each time clearly stating my name and telephone number. I sent several emails and was assured someone would be in touch soon. Moving day arrived and I had not heard a peep from Furl apart from the showroom manager asking me to pay another £125 for removable covers as that is all they had in stock for express delivery; i asked that they did not charge my card this fee until a delivery date was confirmed, as per the service the £140 I had paid for already. I didn't get a reply.

On Monday July 27th I finally received an email from David; informing me he had been away and that I must have mistyped my number when I made my order (I was unable to confirm this as it is not stated on my confirmation, so I took it as fact that I had inverted two numbers) and they'd been trying to call me. Funny how nobody thought to email me? Or to check the multiple emails I had sent or listen to the voicemails; each repeatedly stating my phone number!

Paul, the fitter then contacted me as initially I had been sent an email with an instal date sometime in mid August and I had replied to this email with horror!

Paul agreed to come and set up my bed on Wednesday 29th and he told me that the order hadn't come through to him as an express service - and they'd look into what had gone wrong.

I can't fault Paul - he turned up at 8am on the Wednesday and built the bed - the bed itself is great! Can't complain, fantastic storage, lovely quality - really fab.

Two days later I received an email from Furl and a notification from my bank that £140 had been charged for the removable covers (yes, that's £15 more than I was told AND bearing in mind I had already paid £140 for a delivery service that I did not receive!)

Several emails have gone back and forth with Furl stating that I want £140 (my express and weekend delivery charge) refunded plus £15 for the overcharge on the removable covers - they've admitted they've overcharged me, but haven't done anything about it.. All i got was "I appreciate that we had some communication issues and we did not deliver in 7 days as hopped, sorry about that." from the showroom manager!

I sent a final email to David, 5 days ago stating I wanted a refund for the delivery service I did not receive and for the overcharge of the removable covers, and he has not replied. Therefore I am now leaving this review as I am absolutely furious with the outrageously poor customer service.

Why two stars and not one? One for the bed, and one for Paul.

However, I really wish I had ordered from a mainstream retailer - the king size bed (no headboard or mattress or special fabric covering) plus delivery fee cost me £1670; not a small amount of money at all!

@Furl - I have been more than fair, and did say that I would take matters further if we could not resolve this between the two of us. So, if you do not refund the £155 (£100 for seven day express delivery, £40 for Saturday delivery and £15 for overcharging me for the removable covers), within the next 48 working hours, you will leave me with no choice but to contact trading standards and to inform my bank that this is an unauthorised charge and obtain the money back that way. You have my number and my email address, I look forward to hearing from you.
Hello Sam,

We are truly sorry for the frustration the purchase of your bed has caused at an already stressful time when moving house. We've identified number of issues that caused the problems, the main one being that you ordered your bed on our main site not the 7 day 'ready to go' section of the site, and yes following many conversations with you before your purchase we should have noticed this sooner. This combined with you providing an incorrect telephone number did lead us to deliver your bed 4 days later than you would have liked. I am pleased you love the bed and hope you can now enjoy your new home.
A major mistake was made in the organization of the delivery. First i was told 12 to 4 in the afternoon , then 9 until 12 i the morning, and neither message got to the drivers so my sofabed was not on the van. Then when the first message finally arrived, Paul arranged for it to come in the late afternoon, but the drivers brought the wrong mattress and had to go back for the right one. The drivers were fantastic, but the previous organization not.
Dear Anne, I'm sorry for the confusion about the delivery slot, but I'm happy we got your sofa bed to you as planned that same afternoon and one week earlier than your estimated delivery date! Your sofa bed looked amazing in the fabric you chose, I'm sure your guests will love it.
Terrible warranty service.

I have bought a Cambio sofa bed in 2015 (the stated warranty is 5 years). Recently, it has developed a fault. When I open the bed the sofa carcass tilts. So it now takes two people to open the bed (one has to hold the sofa carcass down)! When I contacted Furl about, two guys came, verified the issue and could not fix it. They also noted that given that the sofa is used by my 11 year old the issue constituted a health and safety concern and needed to be sorted out as a matter of urgency. Paul, who oversees deliveries and repairs, was initially very solicitous but told me he needed to hear from David, the owner, whether the best course of action was to replace the bed mechanism or add a counterweight to the back of the sofa.

This was on October 17th 2018. I followed it up with emails on October 20th and November 14th. In both occasions Paul told me he still needed to hear from David. When I emailed Paul again on December 8th I got no reply. The same happened when I then wrote David on December 11th. Since then, total silence.

Bottom line: great sofa beds until something goes wrong, but inexistent warranty service.

Post-scriptum (31-05-2019): Furl got back in contact after my negative review above and arranged to come and fix the sofa. This has now been sorted to my satisfaction.
Dear Giulio.

Clearly, something has gone terribly wrong with the way this has been dealt with and I am very sorry, we should have done much better. Thanks for making contact here, I will get this resolved for you in the next few days.

I can assure you there are no safety issues, it sounds like there is something lodged in the mechanism that is preventing it opening smoothly - I have been trying to contact you but your contact number is out of order, can you please call the office and ask to be put through to me directly.

Thanks for ending your comments on a positive note, they are great sofa beds which rarely go wrong, we'll get yours opening smoothly again very quickly.
Product excellent. There was a considerable delay in delivery despite paying for express delivery, you failed to contact me to update me on the circumstances of the delay. I had to contact your office on a number of occasions before anyone returned my call. You need to set up a system to keep your customers updated.
Dear Mr. Sowden, We are very sorry for the delay in getting your sofa bed to you. You are right, we should have communicated the situation better, please accept our apologies​ once again.
"Quality of bed and mattress are good ,but had quite a few issues with Customer service to start off.Started from the fact that after waiting for 8 weeks for a bed ,we did not get any calls \/emails notifying us about the delay.I called their number to find out what is happening with the delivery only to be told that a message will be passed on to the relevant people .Me and my husband needed to call and send emails for over a week just to finally get somebody to call us back and explain what is happening.Rearranged delivery in few weeks time and given delivery slot from 9-12am . At 1pm on the day of delivery nobody turned up and I again called them to try to find out what is happening.Was told that there is a delay due to traffic.Drivers turned up at 4pm. I needed to rearrange all my appointments for the afternoon due to that.I had an apology and explanation after all that though which is nice ,and from what I understand they had some technical/other issues therefore all those problems .As a customer I don't know anything about it and would be more helpful if somebody actually called us back and explained it at the time of the problem not after.
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We are truly sorry that our customer service fell short and as a result we let you down. We should have communicated better at every stage. We are pleased that you like your bed - and appreciate that you were gracious enough to say so despite your understandable dissatisfaction. Once again, sorry.
Excellent Storage Bed with good finishing...
Head design not good need to improve ... Head boy wabbaly and looks unfixed ... But excellent Head overall quality Very good ..
FURL 3 star review on 28th July 2017
Hi Raginkumar, thank you for taking the time to add your comments here. our solid wood headboards are heavy and are designed to fit to the wall where they sit flush, don't move and save space. Please get in touch if you need some more brackets.
It was great for the first month then I had to move it out on its castors to get behind and now it's noisy and creaks. I had it assembled by the company so It shouldn't do this. Nor is it filled so I struggle to figure this out. It's a shame.
Hello Frank, Thank you for your message. You bed is covered by our 5 year guarantee and it should not creak. I have just sent you an email with a few things to check prior to us visiting you to resolve the issue.
Bed is nice, disappointed with the customer services.
Hello Paula, Thank you for your message we have tried to contact you to discuss any issues you have.
The bed is well made and the covering although seemingly the basic cloth appears very good quality too. The only thing to be aware of is that the lifting of the bed to access the storage is only "ASSISTED" by the compressed air cylinders and it is still very heavy indeed to start the lift and I can see a time very soon when I will be unable to do so. I bought it because we needed the storage and we certaily have that but we mistook assisted lift for motorized lift and so are very dissapointed that this was not clearer.
Hello Alison, thank you for taking the time to write this - i am sorry for your misunderstanding. There are things we can do to make the opening of your bed easier, i have written to you about this and hope it will help.
FURL is rated 4.89 based on 840 reviews