Factory Direct Flooring Reviews

Read Factory Direct Flooring Reviews

0330 100 00 15

info@factory-direct-flooring.co.uk

Tell us how Factory Direct Flooring made you happy
Flooring samples received very fast, but unable to log into account as no change password email received and now account locked out. Need to address IT issues
your website is not user friendly when trying to place order it took me 3 different phone calls to find out where and how to order, your product is great
When ordering a sample I should also be told weather or not you have stock of that floor, as I ordered sample and once I received it wanted to order it only to be told you don’t have it in stock. No point in the sample of not in stock!!
The initial ordering service was good, but when I arranged and paid for a timed delivery it arrived 2 hours late. I telephoned to report this failure and it was explained that I had been misinformed and my payment was refunded. The experience was stressful but I was pleased with the product and luckily my fitter arrived to fit it.
One item missing, I will see how long it takes to remedy the error?
Was about to order flooring and then looked at another site as the delivery charges were a lot. The company then emailed that i could have 10% discount this should have been in my opinion offered at checkout stage and not after i declined to proceed.
Goods arrived on time and undamaged. Customer experience could be improved by coming across as more friendly in written communication
Was ok but looked whiter and glossier in pictures. Maybe look at something darker as you do have a variety of beautiful flooring so I'm not put off thankyou for your sample it let's you see for yourself before you buy. Very good quality though just not for my home needs a larger area to get the proper effect
The sample choice of rhino flooring I chose was a bit flimsy
Easy ordering service and follow up call to confirm order & delivery. As the delivery is only kerbside this was the only let down, if I had of read this before in would not have ordered from here - the pallet was just delivered not unpacked so you have to unpack & then discard of all packages & wooden pallet yourself. Definitely recommend getting help where can if ordering a number of packs of flooring which not every one can. Flooring itself looks good and value for money, however would say delivery service could be enhanced from what they offer. Booked AM delivery and turned up with 1 minute to spare!!!!
Spend £250 on flooring only to have you ring up and say the flooring I have bought is out of stock and I will have to wait a week, when ordering it should have stated this before ordering, to be honest this is very disappointing, I just hope that you get stock in when you promised.
Dear Mr Dixon,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry regarding the issue relating to the stock.

Our website does display a "backorder" notice for items that are not in stock

the text of this notification is shown as below

We don't have as many "Prestige Classic 6mm Oak Light Grey Laminate Flooring 3904" as you requested, but we'll back order the remaining 7.

Apologies if this wasn't noticed before you placed your order and we thank you for your feedback, we will certainly look to see if the way this is displayed can be improved.
Not happy with delivery charges
Delivery was not brilliant guy stated it wasn't his job to bring it in he was going to leave it outside until I said I was here on my own 13 packs was a bit much to shift to his credit he did end up bringing it in however I would have thought this was part of standard delivery. Also no contact made prior to delivery from the driver to arrange a time slot as previously stated by direct flooring
Hi Lisa,

Thak you for your review. We were suprised to read that you were not aware of the curbside delivery as this is mentioned on each product page, your confirmation email, verbally via telephone when arranging delivery and also in your delivery confirmnation email.

We make ever effort to make this as clear as possible so this doesn;t cause any issues on the day of delivery, so i am sorry if this wasn't noted on the 4 occasions that this is mentioned . Regarding the call beforehand , we do request that drivers call ahead prior to delivery but as stated, this is a request only and we do not give timeslots for standard deliveries, these are delivered anytime between 08:00 - 18:00 as arranged with a request for the driver to call ahead.

I have put a copy of the delivery confirmation email beow for your information, this was sent to you after arranging your delivery .

Delivery has been arranged!

Dear Customer,

Please remember you need to reply to this email to confirm your delivery, before your goods are dispatched. Please note the info below.

• KERBSIDE TO THE CLOSEST ACCESS POINT
• ITEMS NEED TO BE CHECKED AND SIGNED FOR AT YOUR ADDRESS
• THE CALL BEFORE DELIVERY IS A REQUEST ONLY
• IF THE DRIVER ARRIVES AND NO ONE IS THERE TO SIGN AND ACCEPT THE ITEMS, FAILED DELIVERY CHARGES APPLY

This email is to confirm that we have organised your delivery as discussed on the telephone. If you have chosen a standard delivery, then your goods will be delivered between 08:00 - 18:00 on your chosen date.
If you have opted for a timed delivery, then the goods will be delivered at the time you specified over the telephone.
We do REQUEST that the drivers call up to one hour before delivery but we have to rely on them using their own telephones to make this call so please ensure someone is available to accept delivery between the times you have arranged - this will help you to avoid any failed delivery charges.

On the day of your delivery your goods will be delivered kerbside at the closest access point for the lorry. We would recommend that you have adequate help to put the goods in your property as our drivers are not insured to do so.

Please make sure that you check your order for damages before you sign to accept the goods - any damages must be signed for on the drivers paperwork - Please make us aware of any damages as soon as you can.

If there are any delivery restrictions due to narrow roads or weight restrictions, then you are responsible to notify us in advance. If you have questions about your order, please contact us on 0330 100 0015.

Your attention is drawn to our delivey terms as set out below - this information is also listed as part of our terms and conditions of purchase.
Carpet World (Nuneaton) Limited and Carpet World (Nuneaton) Limited Trading as Factory Direct Flooring

Delivery Terms

THESE TERMS SET OUT THE BASIS ON WHICH WE AGREE TO DELIVER OUR PRODUCTS TO YOU.
THEY SHOULD BE READ AND CONSIDERED IN COMPANY WITH OUR STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE.

YOUR ATTENTION IS DRAWN TO CLAUSE 5 OF THESE DELIVERY TERMS

1 Incorporation of Terms
All terms within this document are the same as those incorporated within the Terms and Conditions Document (the Standard Terms) as referred to above.

2 Arranging Delivery
2.1 Upon acceptance by Factory Flooring of the offer set out within Clause 3 of the Standard Terms we shall contact you to arrange a convenient day for delivery of the Products to you. We would expect to be able to deliver your products within 5 working days.
2.2 Delivery times apply to items in stock so if any items you order are not available or we cannot fulfil your requested delivery date we will use the telephone or email details you have provided to contact you and discuss how you wish to proceed. Unless otherwise specified we shall use the telephone number to contact you if necessary on the date of delivery.

3 Cost
3.1Our standard delivery service is charged at £22.92 + vat, although exceptions can apply. Our standard delivery covers Mainland UK; however we will deliver to non mainland UK destinations. The cost of such deliveries will be calculated on an individual basis
3.2 A timed delivery service for an additional fee is available. The cost of this service depends upon the location and time. Please contact Customer Services on 03301000015 for further information.
4 Delivery Time and Place
4.1 Subject to Clause 3.2 above deliveries will be made on the agreed date between approximately 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays. In limited circumstances Saturday deliveries may be available. The exact timing of delivery cannot be specified.

4,2 Our Products can only be delivered to kerbside, outside of the delivery address property. If your order arrives as arranged but we are unable to deliver because you are not home, or there is inadequate help available you will be liable for any additional costs incurred for redelivery. If there is a likely problem, e.g. the road is subject to a vehicle weight or width restriction or parking, or it is within a time zone restriction; please inform us at the time of order so we can discuss alternative delivery options

5 Inspection of goods delivered
5.1Very occasionally damage may occur during the transportation of goods. It is crucially important to thoroughly check and sign for your order on arrival. It is your responsibility to bring to our attention any damage which may have occurred in transit. Failure to do so may result in our refusal to accept a claim. If you are unfortunate to receive damaged Products, or there are missing item(s) please make sure it is noted on the couriers paperwork. We also strongly suggest that you contact us direct as soon as possible to make sure we are aware of the problem. We cannot be responsible for any consequential losses after delivery has been signed for. Therefore we advise against booking installers until goods have arrived and been checked.
5.2 In the event that goods are returned to us which are undamaged we will provide a collection service. We may charge a fee for this service the level of this charge depends upon your location but the standard cost will be a minimum of £75 plus VAT within the UK

Kind Regards
Factory Direct Flooring
www.factory-direct-flooring.co.uk
Only ordered a sample
Answered all my questions without problems. However when it came to adding an item had to create another order to which delivery was added although they did respond by phone quickly to cancel second charge as initial order not processed.Secondly when it became apparent i had overordered they did say would amend order and process credit and for which i have received confirmatory emails. The problem is that whilst my credit card was charged in full when several items were not in stock on day of order the credits have not appeared on my credit card several days later. I will assume bank holiday will be blamed but it is one are of concerb
Very prompt delivery of useful sample, but I found the tone of the email about the delivery verging on the threatening!
How can I write a review as I have not received the items yet.
Samples arrived fast. Product looks like it's very good quality. We were trying to buy it online. Unfortunately advertised price, for the product we wonted, differ from the one you finally must pay when at checkout.
Found no issue with the site, easy to navigate, price very competitive but found their reluctance too process the order until they had verbally spoken to me after providing all delivery information at checkout very frustrating. There was no appreciation that I was unable to take calls to discuss what i'd already supplied in the ordering process online therefore the order got delayed, this is poor, unnecessary and needy!!! A simple email with proposed delivery date/schedule post order would suffice with the option to contact Factory Direct Flooring if the proposed dates present an issue. Simple and one less process for FDF staff to needlessly repeat on EVERY order...
Dear Mr Browne,

Thank you for your review. Our email confirmation does state that we will contact you to discuss your order, as we do HAVE to check delivery address's and the items for dispatch prior to sending them out, another important point is to agree on a date when you would like your items delivered. We do prefer to speak to our customers verbally to ensure they are fully aware of the delivery procedure before we send the goods out, we find this helps avoid any issues on the day of delivery, these processes are in place for the benefit of our customers.

We fully appriciate you supplied your delivery address on the order but we still needed to discuss the delivery date and delivery procedure with you.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
products at good prices but delivery price is shocking ! especially as most other companies deliver for free.
Factory Direct Flooring is rated 4.73 based on 6,942 reviews