Factory Direct Flooring Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Factory Direct Flooring

Tell us how Factory Direct Flooring made you happy

Gilly
"Amazed at how well packaged, The price 😱😱. I was astonished how cheap and with colour match edging trim & underlay. Best of all was a doddle to lay. Will definitely buy again for my other rooms👍👍"
Laura
"Great customer service, quick delivery & great price! Fab to be able to get free samples with free delivery & arrived the next day! Love the floor top quality. Will definitely use this company again."
"CAn't write a meaningful review at the present time, as the materials have not been delivered. I have spent the WHOLE day staring down my drive for nothing! #000009941"
"I am really disapointed. I should received my delivery on Thursday. I didn't. They I have been told that it will be on Friday. We have been waiting, and stayed longer at work just to make sure that we will get it for the weekend. Of course we didn't receive any delivery. Today is Monday, noone informs us about anything, I need to keep calling. I do not recomend. I am very disapointed. I couldn't do the job as I haven't receive my goods. I will not use this company again."
"Not happy and very disappointed! They lost out on a big sale because the website didn’t work, they couldn’t change the delivery address even though I entered it twice on their website and I would have had to cancel the transaction and re-order for the third time. Because my wife and I work full time it made sense to get it delivered to my mum’s house as she is retired and the delivery time wasn’t convenient for us at our home. To change this was going to add a further £12 to the delivery cost for a ‘timed delivery’. The telephonist Jack couldn’t really be bothered to help or speak to a manager so I just cancelled the order. Overall not satisfied at all and took my money elsewhere."
"extremely disappointed with the whole experience.We purchased 3 packs of Aqua Waterproof flooring and when the experienced fitter attempted to join 2 strips end to end they would not connect. This was also attempted at a local established flooring company again to the same end they would not connect and were clearly defective. This was videoed and sent to the company who maintained there was no fault and charged us for the delivery and collection .I would be extremely sceptical about purchasing anything from Factory Direct Flooring as the items I received were 100% defective as the video evidence clearly displayed."
Dear Sian John,

Upon receiving the returned items, as we shown in our email to you and the photos above, there was no defect found on the side or the end joints. We did manage to get them together without an issue.

You did say you were going to forward us a video of the installer attempting to fit them, this is also mentined in your reveiw but we have not received it from you as yet.

As a goodwill gesture, we did refund you for the opened pack and it was clear to see that someone had attempted to fit it, providing that the installation guide is followed and the subfloor is adequately prepared the joints click into place perfectly.

If you would like to forward us the video you mention in your review, we will happily look at it for you and offer our professional opinion as to why you had an issue.
"Waited a week for deliver then wrong flooring arrived"
"Customer service ok, delivery awful.. A big part of my order didnt arrive on the day it was promised which meant the flooring fitters (which had been paid for), couldnt lay the floor on the day scheduled. It has cost me more money to have them retuen on a different date, which in turn has had a knock on effect with builders, decorators and now the moving date.. Thanks Factory Flooring.. You have cost me a lot of money and a great deal of time. I am sure no one from Factory Flooring will read this or even respond.. Not of caution to everyone else.. Upon delivery, check your order and get the delivery note.. I now know why the driver didnt want to hand over the delivery note to the builders on site.. Sadly I was not there to check it."
Dear Mr Lightfoot,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your order. Again, we are very sorry for the issue with the underlay, The delivery note was signed as all items present and correct so until you contacted us we wouldn't have known there was a problem. we have raised this issue with the courier but have also dispatched 2 replacement rolls to be delivered to you the next working day on an AM delivery.

We had also pointed out that it is recommended to allow the flooring to aclimitise for at least 24 hours before installing the items so it is never the best idea to have them installed on the same day.

This problem is something that should never happen, but we have responded straight away and re sent replacement items the same day you contacted us.

Factory Direct Flooring.
"I don't know but disappointed as was told many times today that my order will be delivered between 4-5pm after confirming with the delivery company and at this time 7pm nothing arrived yet a whole day wasted and I took a day off from work o my for this.No factory direct customer service after 530pm .Big let down"
Hi,

Thanks for your review. I would like to offer another apology on behalf of the courier for the delay in delivering your order.

Unfortunately the driver was held up and wasn't able to get to you before they ran out of driving hours. We did email you back out of hours to advise we would look into this first thing the following morning.

Due to the failure we did refund your delivery charge in full and instructed the courier to deliver as early as possible the next day.

If you do require any products from us in the future, please make sure you ask to speak to our management team before placing your order.

Factory Direct Flooring.
"Lured in by the promise of fast delivery, I was told by a telephone operative that the floor I had carefully selected was on back order (i.e. out of stock) and would take 7-10 days to deliver. Not what I had spent hours looking at flooring websites and placing an order that I wanted to hear."
Dear Mr McLaughlin,

This particular product was out of stock at the time you ordered on advertised as " on back order" We are sorry you couldn't wait for this.

The stock did arrive in our warehouse shortly after and all backorders were fulfilled in the quoted timescale.

When items are out of stock, we do mark them as not available in the requested quantity on the website.
"Delivery did not arrive as arranged, This has delayed the project by a week as time allocated was wasted."
"When arranged delivery were not told it was kerbside, my wife is ill but was still made to help the driver customer service were very unhelpful and lied regarding informing my wife that this was how they delivered, will never use this company again."
Dear Mr Essex,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your delivery. The kerbside delivery service is mentioned on several occasions throughout your ordering process on 3 occasions this notification is in writing.

We are sorry if you weren't aware of this but as we have discussed, this is clearly stated before we even contact you to arrange delivery and also after we have arranged it in your delivery confirmation email.

I can't agree that anyone has lied about making you aware of this but in light of your feedback we will see if there is anyway to make this clearer in the written notifications we send out and also the listing on the website advertising kerbside delivery.

If you do require copies of the information we have supplied previously in relation to the type of delivery we offer, please contact our customer service team who will be happy to assist you.
"Delivery of product should of arrived between 8-6 today. My wife has waited in all day and even got her friend to sit in and wait so she could go to shop to get some nappies for the baby. It’s now 18:39 and still no vinyl. This is the only weekend I was able to fit this product this month. I’m absolutely fuming and will never be ordering anything from yourself again. I can’t even ring up to find out what’s going on as the number provided doesn’t even ring out!! EVERYONE STAY AWAY FROM ORDERING FROM THESE!!!"
Dear Mr Harris,

We are very sorry there was a delay in delivering the roll of vinyl flooring to you.

Our offices were open on Saturday and phone lines are open between 09:00 - 17:00.

I Can see form the notes on your order, the delivery has been marked as a priority and a partial refund has been applied to your order as discussed with a colleague.

We have passed your feedback onto the courier, again, please accept our sincere apologies.
"Received a call on the morning of expected delivery only to be told that there was an issue and it would not be arriving until the following day. This is not acceptable as I had arranged for delivery on a specific day and I had a tradesman waiting to fit it. Very poor service"
Dear Ms Davies,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in delivering your items. We did try and let you know as soon as possible so that you were not waiting around all day.

We will monitor for the goods being delivered and keep you updated of any issues.
"I can’t comment on the quality of the flooring as only just got them in the house. I couldn’t check the quality as I couldn’t lift the pallet and would have had to open the pallet in the front yard. The delivery was awful. Delivery man complaining because he couldn’t get his van up the road (not my fault another car had parked badly). Then delivered the pallet to the front yard (on a busy st) and not even through the front door! I’m 8 months pregnant so the flooring had to sit outside at risk of being stolen for hrs until my partner came home. As you could imagine, he was not best pleased about having to then drag the flooring into the house."
Dear Ms Kwakwa,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the delivery service. We were quite surprised to see your comments about you expecting the driver to bring the goods inside the property, we do only offer a kerbside delivery as advertised on our website and as verbally discussed with you and as per the email confirmation after placing your order and also another one after arranging your delivery so we were somewhat surprised that you weren’t aware of that. We do try to make that as clear as possible on more than one occasion.

With regard to the driver, I will pass your feedback onto the courier company. Considering he did take the goods inside for you, it sounds like he has gone above and beyond to help you rather than leaving the goods kerbside or the closest access point which is what we arranged with you directly.

Kind Regards

Factory Direct Flooring Customer Service team.
"I placed an order and decided to cancel the order, due to wrong size calculation and spouse's willing to order different planks. I've sent them a couple of emails, but no reply at all or callback to confirm cancelation."
Dear Mr Sahin,

There is a note on your order from 15/08/18 stating that you may cancel and were calling back - we haven;t received any other communications from you.

If you could contact our customer service team they will be happy to assist you.
"My order was for 3 boxes of click floor tiles. There are 7 tiles in each box. I had to pay £29.50 for delivery which was explained as the minimum charge per order. So your delivery terms meant me paying practically £10 per box to obtain the product of my choice - far more than the true cost. You called me to arrange delivery and said I would receive a call 1 hour beforehand on the appointed day. No call came from the driver who had no idea of this arrangement. That is whyI have rated you 'very poor'. The tiles are fine."
Dear Mr Mellows,

As we discussed with you via telephone, we do request that the drivers call up to one hour before but as we use a third party courier we can only request that they call ahead.

I am sorry if you miss understood this but we do try to make it as clear as possible that this is a request only.
"I might update my review but for now it’s a 2 star The flooring we want isn’t in stock and will take over a month to be delivered, annoying but not a huge deal Trying to change the delivery address? (Given that the order won’t be shipped for over a month yet) and I’m told I have to cancel the whole order and start again? Pretty blunt and come accross rude in emails and over the phone. Some worrying 'Security' features.. They won't take card payments over the phone as they can't trust their own staff with customers payment details.."
Dear Mr ran,

Thanks for your review. Unfortunately due to payment security we are not permitted to deliver to any other address that is not specified on your order.

Your payment is approved by your card issuer based on the information you enter into our website. We do not manually amend your information for security reasons and this is mainly for customer security.

Please accept our apologies if this causes you a problem but we can only deliver to the address you specify on your order.
"They took my money but nothing has arrived so..."
Dear Mr Stevens,

We have been trying to contact you to arrange your delivery but we have not heard back from you as of yet... Please check your emails and voicemails and contact our team to arrange a date for delivery.
"Was meant to be delivered yesterday (Friday) before 6pm. Waited in all day and still not arrived or had a phone call. Tried phoning office and was constantly engaged. Hopefully this will be resolved ASAP."
"Everything went well, good price, friendly staff to arrange delivery. BUT appalling delivery service, took a day off work , no phone call, no delivery. Tried to contact Factory Direct Flooring on a Sat phone constantly busy. No idea when vinyl will be turning up and out of pocket as had to cancel fitting. I cannot believe with all the ways of communicating someone couldn't have contacted me and tell me where the delay was and when my order will be delivered. A real shame as I have always had a good experience but looking at other reviews it seems my experience is not uncommon."
Factory Direct Flooring is rated 4.73 based on 6,446 reviews