Factory Direct Flooring Reviews

Click Here

Tell us how Factory Direct Flooring made you happy

customer service
Marisa
"First time I have used this company. Excellent service and quality of product. I will definitely use again. M Dover"
Jenna
"I am astounded by the quality of this flooring for the price I paid, it looks incredible down and was the easiest to lay compared to others I’ve used. Each piece had perfect edges, meaning it slotted together seemlessly. I was offered colour matched beading which looks great. My only qualm was that after paying £30 delivery, it’s only kerb side delivery which wasn’t ideal when my elderly in laws had to sit waiting in on my behalf and then had to move 9 packs plus a long tube of beading all the way down our long drive and driver declined any assistance...otherwise, a fab company and would recommend"
"Very pleased with my new flooring. Looks very luxurious."
"Order with no issue. Ten minutes later I’m called saying flooring won’t be in stock until end of November....two month wait ! I asked to cancel order as nothing else matched. I then had to chase four times to eventually get confirmation my credit card has been refunded. Very poor service indeed will not use again and would advise checking it’s in stock before you hand over any money to this company."
"Terrible paid 30 quid delivery for him to ring me and say theyve lost the flooring in transit still ja e no flooring and no e has rang me back"
"Dear seller. I have not receive my order but you are looking for a rating. I still haven't received a delivery date for my order."
Good Afternoon,

We have made numerous attempt to contact you via telephone and email.

Could you kindly confirm your email address and telephone number by emailing us at: info@factory-direct-flooring.co.uk
"If i could mark less than 1 star i would!!!! I recently wrote a good review with regards to the speed in which samples were sent out, well BUYERS BEWARE!!! Don’t be fooled in to thinking this means the service will be equally as good when you actually spend money and place an order. We spent £25, the cheapest delivery charge on offer, for standard delivery. This meant someone had to be in from 0800-1800 and if they tried to deliver when noone was in we would incur a further fee. After speaking to someone on the phone to arrange a delivery date for the day after, plans were cancelled and rearranged so we could be at home. 6pm came and went with no communication from factory direct flooring. The following morning we called and were told that the courier had ran out of time, unacceptable to start with but would have at least shown some degree of customer courtesy to have informed us of this on the day of delivery?? Apparently it was out for delivery that day, when noone would be in! Because of this inconvenience, delivery was rearranged to come before 09:30 the day after. Never any offer to refund delivery fee etc. At 09:35 i called again as, surprise, no flooring! I was told it was out for delivery and would hopefully be with us sometime maybe before lunch time (when noone would be in), again no offer of refunding the substantial delivery cost incurred. After being messed around so much and still not having the flooring we are waiting for before we are able to do anything else we have decided to cancel the order. We have now been told that they will do this but the refund process will not begin until sometime next week as they need to wait for the flooring to arrive back with them, meaning we are unlikely to see our money for a couple of weeks. After all their mistakes and poor customer service it is us that are left both out of pocket and still without a floor! Very disappointed and completely unacceptable, i would strongly urge potential customers to look elsewhere for their flooring."
"Terrible experience. Ordered floor and arranged delivery, took a day off work to be home, delivery didn't show, no phone call, just nothing... Phoned next day was offered no form of compensation but when I pushed they halved my delivery cost (lucky me). I rearranged for it to be delivered before 12 on Monday the following week. I phoned twice that morning to make sure the delivery was going to come and was assured multiple times. Delivery didn't show by 12:45 and I couldn't wait any longer. I've now asked for a refund and I know they're going to drag their heels, 1 and half days wasted, multiple phone calls and no floor, utterly unprofessional, avoid at all costs."
Dear Mr Hedworth,

I am very sorry to hear there was an issue with your delivery. Our customer service team and our delivery partners try very hard to ensure all items are delivered as arranged, it goes without saying this isn't the normal level of service we pride ourselves on.

I will pass this feedback onto the courier company and would also offer a sincere apology for the delay in delivering your items.

I can understand that this may leave you feeling like you have had a negative experience. If you would consider using us again, we would be more than happy to offer you a free delivery AM or Timed delivery whilst also ensuring we offer you the best possible price for any future flooring you may need.
"took m0ney out my account after I cancelled the order now can't get in contact with company"
"I have not bought anything"
Dear Mr Thomline,

Based on your order number, it looks like you had some free samples from our website.

If you do have any feedback regarding the sample service or the quality of them, please feel free to provide feedback on this.
"Customers be aware as this company charges for delivery, however if you are in a flat position they do not bring it to the door. Driver left my order on a pallet outside in the street. I stay at top floor to, found it crazy how that’s even aloud as no one had stated that would be the case. Also no Courtesy call that I was suppose to receive 1 hour before delivery. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND"
"Excellent website and like the free sample service"
"Very disappointed . Said it was in stock but wasn't. Had to cancel and source from somewhere else."
"CAn't write a meaningful review at the present time, as the materials have not been delivered. I have spent the WHOLE day staring down my drive for nothing! #000009941"
"I am really disapointed. I should received my delivery on Thursday. I didn't. They I have been told that it will be on Friday. We have been waiting, and stayed longer at work just to make sure that we will get it for the weekend. Of course we didn't receive any delivery. Today is Monday, noone informs us about anything, I need to keep calling. I do not recomend. I am very disapointed. I couldn't do the job as I haven't receive my goods. I will not use this company again."
"Not happy and very disappointed! They lost out on a big sale because the website didn’t work, they couldn’t change the delivery address even though I entered it twice on their website and I would have had to cancel the transaction and re-order for the third time. Because my wife and I work full time it made sense to get it delivered to my mum’s house as she is retired and the delivery time wasn’t convenient for us at our home. To change this was going to add a further £12 to the delivery cost for a ‘timed delivery’. The telephonist Jack couldn’t really be bothered to help or speak to a manager so I just cancelled the order. Overall not satisfied at all and took my money elsewhere."
"extremely disappointed with the whole experience.We purchased 3 packs of Aqua Waterproof flooring and when the experienced fitter attempted to join 2 strips end to end they would not connect. This was also attempted at a local established flooring company again to the same end they would not connect and were clearly defective. This was videoed and sent to the company who maintained there was no fault and charged us for the delivery and collection .I would be extremely sceptical about purchasing anything from Factory Direct Flooring as the items I received were 100% defective as the video evidence clearly displayed."
Dear Sian John,

Upon receiving the returned items, as we shown in our email to you and the photos above, there was no defect found on the side or the end joints. We did manage to get them together without an issue.

You did say you were going to forward us a video of the installer attempting to fit them, this is also mentined in your reveiw but we have not received it from you as yet.

As a goodwill gesture, we did refund you for the opened pack and it was clear to see that someone had attempted to fit it, providing that the installation guide is followed and the subfloor is adequately prepared the joints click into place perfectly.

If you would like to forward us the video you mention in your review, we will happily look at it for you and offer our professional opinion as to why you had an issue.
"Waited a week for deliver then wrong flooring arrived"
"Customer service ok, delivery awful.. A big part of my order didnt arrive on the day it was promised which meant the flooring fitters (which had been paid for), couldnt lay the floor on the day scheduled. It has cost me more money to have them retuen on a different date, which in turn has had a knock on effect with builders, decorators and now the moving date.. Thanks Factory Flooring.. You have cost me a lot of money and a great deal of time. I am sure no one from Factory Flooring will read this or even respond.. Not of caution to everyone else.. Upon delivery, check your order and get the delivery note.. I now know why the driver didnt want to hand over the delivery note to the builders on site.. Sadly I was not there to check it."
Dear Mr Lightfoot,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your order. Again, we are very sorry for the issue with the underlay, The delivery note was signed as all items present and correct so until you contacted us we wouldn't have known there was a problem. we have raised this issue with the courier but have also dispatched 2 replacement rolls to be delivered to you the next working day on an AM delivery.

We had also pointed out that it is recommended to allow the flooring to aclimitise for at least 24 hours before installing the items so it is never the best idea to have them installed on the same day.

This problem is something that should never happen, but we have responded straight away and re sent replacement items the same day you contacted us.

Kind Regards

Factory Direct Flooring.
"I don't know but disappointed as was told many times today that my order will be delivered between 4-5pm after confirming with the delivery company and at this time 7pm nothing arrived yet a whole day wasted and I took a day off from work o my for this.No factory direct customer service after 530pm .Big let down"
Hi,

Thanks for your review. I would like to offer another apology on behalf of the courier for the delay in delivering your order.

Unfortunately the driver was held up and wasn't able to get to you before they ran out of driving hours. We did email you back out of hours to advise we would look into this first thing the following morning.

Due to the failure we did refund your delivery charge in full and instructed the courier to deliver as early as possible the next day.

If you do require any products from us in the future, please make sure you ask to speak to our management team before placing your order.

Kind Regards

Factory Direct Flooring.
"Lured in by the promise of fast delivery, I was told by a telephone operative that the floor I had carefully selected was on back order (i.e. out of stock) and would take 7-10 days to deliver. Not what I had spent hours looking at flooring websites and placing an order that I wanted to hear."
Dear Mr McLaughlin,

This particular product was out of stock at the time you ordered on advertised as " on back order" We are sorry you couldn't wait for this.

The stock did arrive in our warehouse shortly after and all backorders were fulfilled in the quoted timescale.

When items are out of stock, we do mark them as not available in the requested quantity on the website.
"Delivery did not arrive as arranged, This has delayed the project by a week as time allocated was wasted."
"When arranged delivery were not told it was kerbside, my wife is ill but was still made to help the driver customer service were very unhelpful and lied regarding informing my wife that this was how they delivered, will never use this company again."
Dear Mr Essex,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your delivery. The kerbside delivery service is mentioned on several occasions throughout your ordering process on 3 occasions this notification is in writing.

We are sorry if you weren't aware of this but as we have discussed, this is clearly stated before we even contact you to arrange delivery and also after we have arranged it in your delivery confirmation email.

I can't agree that anyone has lied about making you aware of this but in light of your feedback we will see if there is anyway to make this clearer in the written notifications we send out and also the listing on the website advertising kerbside delivery.

If you do require copies of the information we have supplied previously in relation to the type of delivery we offer, please contact our customer service team who will be happy to assist you.
Factory Direct Flooring is rated 4.73 based on 6,813 reviews