Lowa Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend Lowa

How would you rate Lowa?

Elizabeth Laycock
Verified Buyer
"I had a pair of Lowa Hiking Boots which I bought on a holiday to Austria in about 2003!!! I loved these boots and was upset when the soles just disintegrated some months ago. However I don't do the amount of hiking I used to do and just wanted a pair of lightweight waterproof shoes for my holiday. Bought these months ago and have only just started to wear them as I wanted to keep them looking good for said hols. These are so comfortable and feel well made but lightweight into the bargain. The colour is a nice petrol green and should not need cleaning as often as a light colour would. Yes would definitely recommend."
Jane Allen
Verified Buyer
"In 2007 your boots took me the length of the country from John o’ Groats to Land’s End (1200 miles). Next, when I walked across the country from west to east (200 miles) – again I chose LOWA. After those two adventures, I knew which boots to choose for my present Solo Round Britain Charity Coastal Walk. In October 2017, I started my ‘Victory Walk’ and the ultimate test - 5,500 miles - with 5 pairs of LOWA Reg boots. So far, we’ve covered over 1,200 miles together. I wanted to attach a picture of my companions ‘resting’ over the Christmas period, but seem unable. Without doubt, “these boots are made for walking”! Commander Jane Allen The Victory Walker Facebook: VictoryWalk17-18 www.victorywalk.uk I would be happy to assist with some publicity for LOWA. I’d be grateful if you could link to my Facebook and Website."
"I already have a pair of Renegade gtx boots which I have been more than happy with, so I thought I would try a pair of Renegade Lo which are also a very good fit and I hope they will be just as comfortable. I would like to thank the lady in Customer Services who was very helpful in getting my parcel redirected when I had difficulty with collection at the UPS drop off point."
"Best boots i have owned."
Tom Wilkinson
Verified Buyer
"Sorry to say that I am dissapointed with my Lowas. I work in the British Film Industry as a Camera Operator, we spend all day on our feet and I carry around a very heavy camera called a Steadicam. The boot was not comfortable - too hard underfoot with not enough cushioning and it also did not offer me the ankle support I need. I wore the boots for just one day and by the afternoon I was regretting my purchase. Such a shame as thought I'd found the perfect boot, but Alas... I would actually like a refund (or perhaps a chance to try a different pair) but have worn the boots now so unsure how to proceed....."
"I only ordered insoles, but they were well priced, well packaged, and arrived on time"
"Unfortunately, Lowa didn't make me happy. I thought I had ordered a size 9.5 shoe but was sent a size 8. When I checked back on the website, it old me size 9.5 was no longer in stock. Did I make a mistake or did Lowa just send me what they had and hope that I would keep it? Anyway, the returns process was easy enough so I will wait and see how quickly the refund is processed now."
Hi Pete,

You did indeed order a size uk8, we would not just send a size hoping you would keep it. The San Louis GTX Lo is a discontinued model we will not get any more stock of other sizes. Once the shoes are received back we will issue a refund and confirm it has been processed.

Regards LOWA UK.
Vincent Colyer
Verified Buyer
"Ordered some lowa boots for my partners birthday, the process was simple and efficient, and the delivery was swift. The boots are excellent, comfortable and very light and stylish, just need to get myself some now."
David Wright
Verified Buyer
"A great fit and ready to walk without breaking them in, pure quality."
Brian Mc Laughlin
Verified Buyer
"Brilliant service and brilliant delivery time."
Radoslaw Fajdek
Verified Buyer
"Very good waterproof cream, using for my LOWA desert elite boots."
Mrs R A Perkins
Verified Buyer
"By providing my order very speedily. Thank you"
"Lowa haven't made me happy!"
Radoslaw Fajdek
Verified Buyer
"Taking to long for delivery, its second week after I make purchases and I still didn't received the item yet, unhappy I have to get fron different place as I can't waiting any longer."
Hi, you ordered just before the Easter bank holidays and requested a UPS delivery to a UPS collection point, of your choice. The order was delivered to the collection point on Tuesday (the 3rd) after the bank holiday Monday, have been to collect the parcel yet?
Rebekka Welch
Verified Buyer
"These boots are simply the best I’ve ever owned. I wore them from new on a 4 day, 64 mile hike over the Easter Weekend along the South West Coast Path from Crantock- Lands End and I can safely say my feet were the only part of my body that were kept dry from the torrential rain and boggy ground conditions we had this winter. I also did NOT have a single blister, or rub mark on my feet or ankles. Well done Lowa!"
Bootless Treeplanter
Verified Reviewer
"wore a brand new pair of gtx pro for 2 days and the vulcanising came loose. shop refused to give a full refund and said all they could do was to send them for repair......that is almost 3 weeks ago...."
"I have a damaged ligament in my left foot and I have an orthotic insole, it is easy to put it in the Lowa boots. Also the boots give me very good ankle support. They are very comfortable and I use them every day, not just for hiking. The boots are good, the web site easy to use, the delivery is good.... I am very pleased with Lowa"
"Having worn my Brasher Boots into oblivion I needed a replacement pair for my many trek in Nepal. Modern Brashers are not as good as those almost 20 years ago so the hunt was on. After trying multiple boots from the major suppliers that were not a good fit, I found Lowa offered much bigger sizes. Unsure of 13 or 14 I ordered both to be in my local store. Turned out 14 was best. What a fantastic boot. Fitted like a glove from the outset, very comfy, no blisters after my first 10 mile walk, totally waterproof. Good foot support and easy on your feet. Wore them every day 3 months prior to trek in 2015, and for my 21 day trek into Upper Mustang. Not a single problem. Here we are almost 3 years later and I continue to wear them every day. Am getting another pair only because I tore the leather all along one side on a piece of metal. Pleased to see they also provide Black ones etc in these larger sizes.Highly recommended boot from someone who uses them in environments that they were made for. I was amazed to find they were totally waterproof in streams and marshy conditions. Did not get wet once. I do apply the waterproofing polish regularly. Best boot there is on all fronts and I have tried most of them."
"I love Lowa. I have worn them for 20years. This pair I returned due to size and also did not like the hook instead of eyelet at top lacing. The hook makes a less secure lacing. I prefer Euler. Do not have to stop and retry shoes constantly I will look for another model. My 15 year old ones are still going strong. Love em. Love Lowa"
Rebekka Welch
Verified Buyer
"Easy payment and ordering system. You also sent an extra pair of boots as the delivery provider failed to pick up and deliver my boots in the specified time frame and as I was going away sent an additional pair for me to pick up at my end location. I have sent the spare pare back for you. Thank you for trusting me! Shame it took so long for them to come back into stock."
Lowa is rated 4.76 based on 289 reviews