Village Heating Limited Reviews

76% of reviewers recommend Village Heating Limited

333 High RoadHarrow Weald Middlesex

How would you rate Village Heating Limited?

James
Unverified Reviewer

Wow what a shocker! Firstly I wish I took my own advice and believed the bad reviews on here and on trustpilot.com and not trusted their positive reviews listed villageheating.com. I chose to give them the benefit of the doubt but I suggest to anyone reading....believe the bad reviews! Here's what they did wrong...
1. Took 20 minutes on the phone to book
2. Received no confirmation email
3. As a new customer had to pay upfront - never had a plumbers service say this before
4. Said they'd be there between 1-3pm, by 3.20 still no sign. Rang customer support and they said he's stuck in traffic and wont make it.
5. Where was my phone call to say he was leaving? Where was my phone call to say he's stuck in traffic? Not even a text! Then a cancellation, erm what about turning up to fix my problem? You can't cancel!
Currently waiting my refund, which they couldn't do straight away on the phone, the assistant had to get approval from a manager - so as of yet no refund for not turning up!
Trust me, book with someone else!
Unverified Reviewer

Village is quite a fitting name for this company because that is exactly what they are. I have never felt more ripped off and mislead in my life. We paid a total of £900 up front. Our boiler was making some funny noises. VHL sent an engineer round for a diagnosis which cost £108. We were then booked in for another appointment to replace the heat exchanger. We had to reschedule 4 times because they either kept on sending the wrong people with the wrong parts or someone was ill etc etc. Finally when the boiler was looked at we were told it was just the pressure that was the problem (this was 3 weeks after the incorrect diagnosis).

I have now been trying for 4 weeks to claim a refund for works and parts that were a) never required and b) I never saw. The manager ignores my calls and all his staff plead ignorance.

In this day and age companies should not be able to get away with this criminal behaviour. I am now pursuing the claim with the Citizens Advice Bureau.

DO NOT USE!

DO NOT USE!
- We have spent over a thousands pounds on fixing our boiler and the boiler is still not fixed. We actually have the same issue as when we started! Over 10 engineer visits and still no resolution. 2 months of frustration.
- Don't be fooled by good reviews, they offer a discount to leave a good review.
- Avoid at all costs. I found that the actual manufacturer of my boiler does a fixed price repair that covers everything for a fraction of what I have paid VHL.
Juliet
Verified Reviewer

I required an electrician to replace my kitchen lighting fixture. I have high standards when work is conducted in my home. I contacted VHL having never previously used their services.
Tyrese arrived and competently fitted the spotlight bar, he also shared information regarding LED spotlights, wattage, etc. Tyrese was very helpful, it was refreshing meeting someone dedicated to giving a good service and going the extra mile.

Good job Tyrese!
Verified Reviewer

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, unlike us read the many poor reviews before booking this company and find a better plumbing supplier.

VHL were booked by our tenent living in my wife’s flat (as we moved in together some years ago) as the heating system had stopped working correctly and he had accidentally broken the valve/tap on the bathroom radiator.

VHL charged our tenent up front and come around and replaced the valve on the bathroom radiator. To fix the heating problem they suggested that changing the TRV heads on all other radiators may work and carried out the work before our approval and booked in a Power flush for the following week.

A competent plumber or heating engineer would fully understand that the heating system was a closed system and a Power flush would not be nessecary and could not be the fault. Replacing the TRV heads on the radiators would have no effect with the heating problem.

Out of the 4 heads and one valve VHL changed, two of them were left leaking and over time will damage our oak floors.

We had British Gas and our regular plumber around to inspect the works VHL competed and to also diagnose the heating issue. The written report from our plumber and British Gas stated:

VHL had competed unecesary works by changing the 4 TRV Heads, which two are leaking and would never of solved the heating issue. A Power flush was not required as the it’s a closed system and the fault is with the boiler, which is now being replaced.

VHL charged our tenent £465 (which we have had to remburse our tenent for) for 4 TRV heads and 1 Valve, for what should be no more than 1hours labour to compete the works. The total for this should of been a maximum £7 per TRV, £15 for the value and £90 labour. Their parts are not heavily discounted and they have conned our kind tenent out of money as I was away on business abroad.

We have struggled to communicate with VHL until we communicated that we were going to use our solicitors, but though Daniel started to communicate, it is still a challenge and will not give us a refund of any funds back, even after explaining to the owner, Daniel the faults with the repairs and unesecary TRV heads. Still he will not explain the over charge in fees. This company just says we explained the risks of any works we complete may not solve the fault, in truth they knew what they did would not solve the issue, just conning people out of money.

Daniel at VHL states they will send an auditor around to see the faults in their work, but being very un-flexible on when this can happen and who needs to be present in the property, so I expect this will not happen, unless VHL commit and get some enthusiasm to resolving the problem.

Check the various web sites before booking a plumber, this is the first time we haven’t and have had our fingers burnt and bank balance hit.

Disappointed in the lack of embarrassment VHL show, not in any way care of what they have done or how they treat customers.

This company is a con artist at work, DO NOT LET THEM INTO YOUR HOME! Be warned.

Regards, Simon Jones

Simon Jones
Technical Production Director
Verified Reviewer

Tyrese came to exchange my ceiling lights - he was very friendly, efficient and tidy. Can definitely recommend him.
Kate Collins
Verified Reviewer

Matthew came out to deal with a problem we had with the gas meter, he was very cheerful and kind, he helped me understand the problem and then fixed everything! Quick, thorough and a pleasure to deal with. Thank you :).
Brendan
Unverified Reviewer

The company overcharged and then wouldn't refund. Left countless messages but never called back. A really terrible service.
Let Down Customer
Verified Reviewer

With a vast choice of trades on the market I suggest choosing another company. The work is substandard to say the least and a company with such a high staff turnover cannot be trusted. Half the time the engineers cannot even get your parts as the company owes various suppliers and has accounts suspended just causing delays, but of course you would be told another tale to excuse their failure as a business
Jonathan
Unverified Reviewer

Terese was the electrician and he did a fantastic job sorting out our boiler electrics and fixing all the outstanding problems. Clearly knew what he was talking about and took great pride in his work. Put in the hours to make sure job done right. We'll ask for him personally if we need VHL services again
Verified Reviewer

The plumber turned up on time fixed the problem. And was helpful and friendly.
Nerav
Verified Reviewer

Booked a service but they guy never turned up. Called the day before to confirm and gave them my contact number. They apparently tied to call me (on my old number) and left a message that they had to cancel.
Verified Reviewer

Booked an appointment to replace a pump. Had to pay £180 for an estimate. Jason/ Daniel never turned up, never called. Have asked for refund but not got so far. Avoid
Kevin
Unverified Reviewer

We are very pleased to have this engineer called Matthew he is very professional and polite and he fixed our boiler properly .Big thanks!
Mr Newton
Verified Reviewer

"Oz, the plumbing engineer was prompt, polite and efficient. Explained the fault and fixed it"
Unverified Reviewer

Oz from village heating carried out an excellent service,very happy with the work, would be more than happy to recommend to friends and family
Sharon
Unverified Reviewer

We had an electrical fire and were so lucky to get Tyrese. He was xperienced, smart and professional in dealing with the situation and getting us lighting back. He even cleaned the burn area which smelled bad! Highly recommended!
Daniela
Verified Reviewer

After having so many issues with the previous engineer we had a great experience with Tyrese who has helped us and done all the work in a short time.
Kevin J
Unverified Reviewer

Paid in full, but currently have a half-finished installation, with no hot water 3+ days and counting. An engineer has not turned up for the second day running to complete the job and they expect me to wait until next week. They never call back or proactively manage your case - management are always unavailable/in a meeting. You have to manage them. Worst customer experience and currently no committed resolution.
Taryn Schutz
Unverified Reviewer

They spent 5hrs trying to unblock and fix the toilet at my empty(just purchased) home. They couldn't unblock it but still charged me £540 and left a wet/dry vac full of Human faeces outside my front door which I was told I have to get rid of!!! Don't ever use Village Heating!
Village Heating Limited is rated 4.06 based on 215 reviews