UK Healthcare Reviews

78% of reviewers recommend UK Healthcare

Tell us how UK Healthcare made you happy

"This policy is through my company & they moved from Simplyhealth to UK Healthcare last year. Heard lots of staff complaining about making claims. This is the second claim I have made where they have asked for unreasonable additional evidence. The first was a dental accident. I submitted receipt but they asked for a report from the dentist. Wasn't worth the cost involved in me getting this so I didn't pursue. Second claim I was refereed to orthopaedic consultant by GP. Receipt from consultant confirmed referred by GP but they are asking for proof of referral! Surely if they are disputing validity of consultants receipt & statement they should pursue this. You are expected to jump through hoops to make a claim. I have now made a complaint. I hope my employers make the decision to swap back to Simplyhealth who have a no hassle quick turn around with claims."
"Poor service and untrust people!!!"
"Quick and easy form to complete. Payment made within a working week normally."
"Mostly good, claims process could be more straightforward, it would be nice to be able to log in and see at a glance remaining entitlement to claim in a given year. Communication with customers service is always polite and pleasant, in my 3 years with UK healthcare they have always been nice people. Communication response time has been noticeabley slower to email in the past 6 months and this may be due to a staff shortage or similar, it would be good to know so that customers are aware of realistic waiting times. I am currently waiting 12 days for a response to an email and two weeks for a response to a sent claim (whether it's a yes or a no to that claim I don't know either way). Overall UK healthcare cashplans are good and value for money. If the online process was more modern and the response time was quicker I'd happily give 5 stars."
"Poor layout of claim form/process, usually take longer than 8 working days to pay a claim and sometimes had to resubmit claim as they said didn’t get it first time of submission (online). They then double your premiums if you claim too many times even if you are still in your entitlement limits! 2 stars given as they are no better or worse than other similar health insurance companies I have used in the past."
"Very poor communication, I have found that the staff are not always clear on what is needed to claim. The claim form is long with all the contact details you fill in but no one ever contact you if there is an issue with your claim. I find this attitude from staff very upsetting and stressful. It is so easy for them to collect my premiums so why make it so difficult for me to claim back what you’ve promised. I will be making the 4th attempt on the same claim with no fault of mine but incompetence of staff who don’t give a toss"
"I have got healthcare plan through stateside food very easy to use and helpful staff."
"Simple and easy. Brilliant."
"Very poor online claims. Unable to view historical claims therefore making it hard to determine what benefits are still available."
"Good value for money, polite staff, would like to see tech claim area improved, having to fill in the form for each claim is time consuming, should be able to upload more than 1 claim in same transaction etc."
"I made a claim on monday for £230 and phone an hour later to be told it was on the system and would be paid in 3-5 days. Phoned just 10 mins ago did not go on the system until yesterday and will not be paid until next week as so busy it is 5 working days. Give poor information and given the time of year really needed the monies back asap."
"Helps to earn cashback for treatments"
"Have been with UK Healthcare for a few years now. Am mostly pleased with the way they deal with my claims. However chiropodist visits are limited to £20 per visit, my chiropodist charges more, therefore am unable to claim back 100%. This and other t&c barriers mean I score it a 3!"
"always a quick service I have been a member for about 11 years and the scheme has helped me afford medical care."
"Very straight forward process, great cover and value for money. Since being covered, I have been far more active in taking care of my health."
"I have never had any problems claiming and staff are always helpful and polite"
"UK Healthcare are so easy to work with. Debra is great, if I have any starters/leavers/amendments an e-mail sorts it out in no time. Wendy has looked after our account for many years and is always so knowledgeable and helpful."
"Every time I have used bhsf the phones get answered quickly and politely, the information requested is provided without having to hold and the online claims system is simplicity itself. An excellent service"
"Very efficient claims service and very pleasant staff to deal with on the phone"
"UK Healthcare are quick and efficient at managing claims and thus far I have no complaints and every faith in their ability to process claims fast."
UK Healthcare is rated 4.18 based on 45 reviews