UK Healthcare Reviews

75% of reviewers recommend UK Healthcare

Tell us how UK Healthcare made you happy

"Sent two claims together. Only got payment for one by cheque! Although I had submitted my bank details. I'm not sure how they could have only received one claim when both were sent together. Had to resubmit with my bank details again - now I have to follow up to make sure they have everything this time. Very Inconvienient trying to get to the bank during my lunch hour as the closest is in the city centre and impossible to get to and back within that time, plus whatever time it takes for the cheque to clear."
"Lodged a claim 3 weeks ago. Nothing has happened. No contact from UK Healthcare. I get the very clear impression that once they have your employers money, that is the last you will ever hear from them."
"submitted a claim 8 days ago still havnt heard nothing think it was for hundreds of pounds not very good our you uk health care quick taking the money from us"
"I have been with health care for almost 2 years now and I have found them to be very efficient. I have had no problems making a claim or receiving money for glasses ,dentist etc."
"I recommended UK Healthcare to my new employer as I was a member in my old employment. The policy rate is really reasonable and I felt that you are providing a good benefit to employees with minimal cost to the employer. The process is really easy to claim and you get your money back really quickly. All in all it is a fab company and well worth joining"
"We have used UK Healthcare before I even started working where I am. The customer service is great and they offer a wide range of benefits to suit everyone from all sorts of discounts, to a range of healthcare benefits etc."
"Had numerous claims over the years for glasses etc and more recently a couple of hospital stays, my claims have all been dealt with quickly and money has been in my account within days"
"Put a claim in for my glasses and the money was in my account within the week. Easy process and very efficient."
"Great Service - always fair with prompt payment! Customer service has always been 1st class for me."
"Awful products and even worse customer service. You have to jump through all sorts of hoops that no other provider does, no way of checking where claims are up to. When they say they will call you, they don’t AVOID IF YOU WANT A SIMPLE, TRANSPARENT POLICY"
"don't no why every one is moaning for submitted my claim with my wifes company fantastic , 4 days hospital stay best thing ever took pic of me discharge not filled form in on line attached photo done . money in me account two days"
"This policy is through my company & they moved from Simplyhealth to UK Healthcare last year. Heard lots of staff complaining about making claims. This is the second claim I have made where they have asked for unreasonable additional evidence. The first was a dental accident. I submitted receipt but they asked for a report from the dentist. Wasn't worth the cost involved in me getting this so I didn't pursue. Second claim I was refereed to orthopaedic consultant by GP. Receipt from consultant confirmed referred by GP but they are asking for proof of referral! Surely if they are disputing validity of consultants receipt & statement they should pursue this. You are expected to jump through hoops to make a claim. I have now made a complaint. I hope my employers make the decision to swap back to Simplyhealth who have a no hassle quick turn around with claims."
"Poor service and untrust people!!!"
"Quick and easy form to complete. Payment made within a working week normally."
"Mostly good, claims process could be more straightforward, it would be nice to be able to log in and see at a glance remaining entitlement to claim in a given year. Communication with customers service is always polite and pleasant, in my 3 years with UK healthcare they have always been nice people. Communication response time has been noticeabley slower to email in the past 6 months and this may be due to a staff shortage or similar, it would be good to know so that customers are aware of realistic waiting times. I am currently waiting 12 days for a response to an email and two weeks for a response to a sent claim (whether it's a yes or a no to that claim I don't know either way). Overall UK healthcare cashplans are good and value for money. If the online process was more modern and the response time was quicker I'd happily give 5 stars."
"Poor layout of claim form/process, usually take longer than 8 working days to pay a claim and sometimes had to resubmit claim as they said didn’t get it first time of submission (online). They then double your premiums if you claim too many times even if you are still in your entitlement limits! 2 stars given as they are no better or worse than other similar health insurance companies I have used in the past."
"Very poor communication, I have found that the staff are not always clear on what is needed to claim. The claim form is long with all the contact details you fill in but no one ever contact you if there is an issue with your claim. I find this attitude from staff very upsetting and stressful. It is so easy for them to collect my premiums so why make it so difficult for me to claim back what you’ve promised. I will be making the 4th attempt on the same claim with no fault of mine but incompetence of staff who don’t give a toss"
"I have got healthcare plan through stateside food very easy to use and helpful staff."
"Simple and easy. Brilliant."
"Very poor online claims. Unable to view historical claims therefore making it hard to determine what benefits are still available."
UK Healthcare is rated 4.07 based on 56 reviews