Timberwise (UK) Ltd Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend Timberwise (UK) Ltd

About Timberwise (UK) Ltd: Timberwise have been caring for properties for over 50 years and have built a reputation for quality and professionalism.

We offer a range of solutions for: Dampness, Basement Waterproofing, Dry/Wet Rot, Woodworm and Condensation control.

• Approved by Which? Trusted Traders

hq@timberwise.co.uk

1 Drake MewsGadbrook Park

Tell us how Timberwise (UK) Ltd made you happy

"I would never recommend this Company to anybody. We had an Independent Surveyor to a property following their works, who basically advised us that the work they did was an absolute joke. They are not interested at all and we will be seeing them in court."
"I brought a bungalow 3 years ago. It had been damproofed the year before I brought it. I soon notice the bedrooms smelling of damp. I contacted timberwise who basically didn't want to know but sent a man round to have a look. He told me the it wasn't damp, the wall had been papered too soon after plastering!! I have since had a professional expert on damp to have a look and have been told the damp course has been put in at the wrong level. I would not recommend timberwise to anyone unless they have lots of money that they want to give away!"
"We have had a really hard and upsetting time with Timberwise Liverpool. I hope this review serves as a warning to others looking to get dry rot / damp treated. They started a job removing dry rot from our downstairs living room in early 2017. They replaced part of a sash window frame, multiple floorboards, and replastered a quarter of the room. As well as treating the rot. We had problems with them from start to finish. The rot has now been found again in the skirting boards in the same area where they conducted the work. Here are the problems we had with them: 1. They cost a lot of money compared to other companies 2. They took nearly 2 months to complete a job which should've been done in 1 week 3. Days would go by without anyone coming to the house and the job half finished 4. We were rarely kept updated on the progress of the work and we had to call them to find out what was going on / what the delay was 5. One day we came home in the pouring rain and found the window was boarded up, no one had told us this was going to happen 6. After calling up to complain we had someone sent round to complete some demanding manual jobs and they sent someone with a broken arm! 7. We found rot back within 18 months in the same area 8. They were going to charge us £160 just to come out and have a look 9. Their surveyor came out and spent 2 minutes looking at it, he failed to assess the walls, windows and floor boards 10. He said that they had failed to properly finish the job 11. He spoke to a director who then refused to honour our guarantee (which we had paid a substantial amount for) and refused to finish the job 12. Now we are left with an incomplete job, visible dry rot in the room, a guarantee which is worthless, and have already had to pointlessly redecorate the room once which cost us £500 13. After complaining they said they would come and see the work again with the complaints team in 3 weeks time! 14. They then agreed to come sooner, reviewed the work and once again accepted no responsibility for the incomplete job I am now awaiting an independent surveyor to come and review the work and I’m going to liase with the ombudsman. I would wholeheartedly not recommend this company to anyone."
Thank you for taking the time to leaving a review.

We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with the works you have had undertaken and the issues you are now experiencing. I understand from our Operations Manager that he has visited the property and has given you the advice of contacting the Property Care Association or an Independent Remedial surveyor that is a member of the Property Care Association for a second opinion to the new outbreak of rot that is on the other side of the room to where we have treated. He has also said that once this report has being received that Timberwise will return and review the findings and decide on how we move forward with a satisfactory resolution.

We understand your frustrations but as a reputable company with many decades of providing excellent customer service we will work with you to resolve this matter.
"Customer service sorted my problems"
"We dealt with the Leeds office and would not recommend this Company to anybody. If you want a job doing properly by people that care about their Customers, please look elsewhere. Still having ongoing issues years after work was completed."
"Incomplete survey. Very disappointed with this company. The surveyor did not enter the loft space. Report not worth the paper it’s written on. No response when I contacted to complain. Total rip off. Avoid like the plague."
"When claiming on the guarantee for timber wise they made the process extremely timely and unprofessional. We were told that we had to send all documentation by post to the office which at first was not a problem. However, they do not tell you the £185 cheque you have to send aswell with it. Having done so, we were then told that the person ‘who deals’ with the process hasn’t attended the office and we would have to wait for our gurantee to be checked before we were even allowed to claim. Even though there was a hole in my floorboards, which was progressively getting worse, due to the woodworm. Timberwise refused to send anyone out to help until our documents had been looked over, which could take up to 6 weeks. Additionally, after this I would have to wait for a time to fix the problem, therefore it could take up to 2/3 months. Even though I have a hole in my flooring and I am unable to fix it myself without voiding the gurantee. Extremely disappointed having spent a substantial amount sorting out the problem beforehand."
"While most of the work seems to have be completed on time, timberwise in general were very difficult to deal with. The exception was our original surveyor Michael who was courteous and seemed concerned about the work taking place. However on a couple of occasions when I raised issues, I was contradicted and told a different chain of events had occurred (it hadn’t). Some of the work was done incorrectly and will need further work to correct it. Overall I did not feel that you were a customer centric business or that particular care was being taken by your staff in my home. A disappointing experience considering why I had chosen your company to do the work"
"We have had a tanking project done by Timberwise on our basement which is tanked. All initially appeared professional although they did spill something on our carpet during the process which caused a huge stain which couldn't be removed. Despite initially claiming it was water, they refunded me £60 for the ruined carpet. A few months after the waterproof render was applied the plaster blew badly, and we had to pay for a surveyor (employed by Timberwise) to come and give an opinion as to whether or not this was covered by guarantee. This cost £180. As I expected, his opinion was that this work was not due to the poor workmanship of Timberwise, and came up with lots of excuses as to why. Please don't use this company, as you will loose a lot of money when things go wrong."
Mr Spruell – many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. The accident to the carpet was regrettable, however, this is the first we have heard that the carpet was ruined. At the time we did pay for a specialist cleaner to be brought in to treat the area of carpet that was affected which was also a satisfactory outcome for yourself.

The failure of the work carried out by Timberwise was due to water penetrating from above directly into the area that we had wet tanked. The water penetration was not present when the work was originally carried out in 2015 and as such the work has failed as a result of a default occurring in a different area after the original work had been carried out.

As a matter of course, we charge an inspection fee for guarantee claims, this can then be refunded should the claim be upheld. Should you wish to discuss this issue further please feel free to eMail hq@timberwise.co.uk and we will endeavour to help you as much as we can.
"We were recommended by Timberwise to fit waterproof wall membranes to our property in 2013. At the time we had concerns about the quality of the workmanship which we raised with the Managing Director. A few years on and our concerns have been realised and the membrane system has failed. We now have serious damp problems where we never had them before. We have asked Timberwise to come back which they did and they knocked some exploratory holes in our walls. This was 6 weeks ago and we have yet to hear in writing what the problem is or what they are going to do to rectify it. This is our experience and you can make your own mind up about whether you want to choose this company to work on your property."
"Worthless Guarantee Reinfested 14 years later Informed a biased surveyor would inspect for£180 and would take at least two weeks My builder rectified the problem immediately for £120 in time for Christmas"
Hi Mr Cole,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. Regrettably due to the high level of enquiries at this time of year, we are booking appointments two weeks in advance which unfortunately meant we were unable to attend your property sooner. As a matter of course, we charge an inspection fee for guarantee claims, this can then be refunded should the claim be upheld. Should you wish to discuss this issue further please feel free to email hq@timberwise.co.uk and we will endeavour to help you as much as we can.
Timberwise (UK) Ltd is rated 4.66 based on 174 reviews