Timberwise (UK) Ltd Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend Timberwise (UK) Ltd

About Timberwise (UK) Ltd: Timberwise have been caring for properties for over 50 years and have built a reputation for quality and professionalism.

We offer a range of solutions for: Dampness, Basement Waterproofing, Dry/Wet Rot, Woodworm and Condensation control.

• Approved by Which? Trusted Traders

hq@timberwise.co.uk

1 Drake MewsGadbrook Park

Tell us how Timberwise (UK) Ltd made you happy

"Barry attend the property as agreed and carried a very thorough and professional service. He was very knowledgeable and imparted this in a manner that was very easy to understand. I would definitely recommend the sevice Timberwise offers as it could save individuals from wasting monies on damp proofing, when in fact there is other reasons for the issues and problems. Mr S Webb"
"Used timberwise No problem with the work they carried out However, when I asked to obtain a duplicate copy of invoice & report I was charged £55 + VAT This is for essentially forwarding an email & printing & posting a letter I will not be using their services again I will also now stop recommending them (In the last 12 months I’ve passed their number onto clients several times)"
"Great service, quick to respond to questions and very informative. Competitive price."
"Matthew Hargrove paid a visit to my retirement development as an owner had concerns about dampness and condensation in his apartment. Matthew was brilliant! he tested & checked the walls and fully explained what his findings were regarding the amount of condensation found. He then sent a report with his findings and solutions to the owner the same day! seems to be very sensible advice, i learnt a lot at the same time. thank you Matt"
"You definitely pay for what you get when it comes to damp proofing,we had cheaper quotes but from the first call to the work being carried out they were excellent, Elaine and Katie helped all the way through our project answering all our questions. The technicians turned up on time every morning and ran through what they would be doing. Nothing was too much trouble. Highly recommend Timberwise to anyone."
"From my initial phone enquiry I was immediately treated as a valued customer, professionalism all the way. Every question I had about the work I needed was answered fully from the initial survey of my property at which everything was fully explained to the work carried out exactly as described, no hidden extras, and each process shown and explained to me. My paperwork which I had requested as urgent arrived the day after I asked for it and I have no hesitation in reccomending Timberwise or contacting again should the need arise. I wish I had made contact earlier than I did instead of prevaricating."
"If I could give zero stars I would. Absolute joke of a company. Completely exaggerated on the ‘damp’ present in my property and quoted completely extornoate prices!! Ridiculous. Put in a complaint almost 2 weeks ago so I’m guessing I will have to make another complaint as I’ve had no response! Surprise surprise. Disgrace of a company and avoid at all costs. All they want is to rip you off. I feel sorry for the people who don’t have much knowledge and actually get robbed off them. Disgusting"
"Fast, efficient and good communication"
"We had been advised, by another company (who also quoted for doing the work), to undertake remedial work to a dry lined interior wall. We were told that the dry lining should be removed, and that the external wall should be re-rendered, using a lime-based rendering, or, at the very least, the space between the dry lining and the actual wall should be properly ventilated. With a view to getting two more quotes for the work, we got in touch with Timberwise (Barnstaple) to give us a quote. Tom Dear (Managing Surveyor) came all the way up to Bideford from the Timberwise Exeter office, and spent quite a while examining and taking moisture measurements from the wall. He then told us that the wall was fine, and that no remedial action was needed. In effect, he did his company out of a possible job, in the interests of giving an honest judgement of the situation. We have other damp problems, and Timberwise will be the first company that we contact about these. We are most impressed by the honesty shown by this company."
"We had been advised (and quoted for recommended work), by another company, that we should remove dry lining from a damp interior wall, and the concrete render from the outside of the wall. The outside should then be re-rendered, using a lime-based render. Either this or, at the very least, the gap between the dry lining and the wall should be ventilated. So we called in Timberwise with a view to getting a second, of a total of three quotes for the work. The Timberwise rep came, and spent some time examining, and taking moisture readings from, the dry-lined wall. He then told us that there was no significant problem, and that no remedial action was needed. He could have jumped at the opportunity for work for his company (and, presumably his own personal commission?) and we are very grateful for his honesty. We have other damp problems, and Timberwise will be the first company we contact about these."
"The surveyor, Craig Manson, was very personable and helpful and the report I was given regarding the damp problem was very useful."
"Asked for quote for woodworm. Surveyor was knowledgeable and helpful, and the quote reasonable. The job was done by Matt Yates who was polite and efficient. Happy so far."
"Very helpful staff and a smooth service from start to finish - highly recommended"
"I thought that Timberwise were a reputable business, until today.... I bought a house that held 20 year guarantees for Timberwise work on damp course treatment. Over the weekend water poured in through a wall, so contacted Timberwise. They tell me that I should have transferred ownership of the guarantee. NONE of their paperwork issued at the time the works were done states this, their terms and conditions do not state this, and at this moment, their website does not state this. What is the point of a guarantee that is for works on a property, but is guaranteeing a persons name??? Is this legal? Off to my solicitors then..........."
"The contractors who visited my property provided excellent customer service and an excellent product. They got on with the work promptly and completed it within a few hours. They also gave me further advice on some issues with the property. I would definitely recommend."
"The survey report was explained clearly and the work carried out very professionally by Matt Yates. He was courteous and helpful throughout."
"Very professional service from start to finish. I spoke to Rachel in the Sherborne office, who kept me informed and confirmed my appointment by email. She organised for Andrew to visit me within a couple of days. He was so helpful and offered me some fantastic advice on how I could rectify a woodworm problem in a timber outbuilding. He was honest enough to tell me that because the problem area was very minimal, I could easily treat this myself. I really appreciated this sort of honesty. It's great to find a firm who doesn't try to profit from doing unnecessary work."
Hi Maria - Thanks for the kind words about Rachel and the team. We pride ourselves on our honest and integrity which are the cornerstone of our brand values.
"Incredible friendly and thorough service - highly recommend."
Thanks for the kind review - glad we could be of service!
"We have had condensation in our bungalow for a few years. it was very bad. We contacted Timberwise , after a survey they installed a air ventilation system. It is amazing, we can not believe how good the system is. No more condensation."
"The first person I spoke to at Timberwise was Rachel at Yeovil who arranged for David to carry out a survey and then Justin Bartlett came and carried out the work. Each person was very knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, efficient and the work was carried out on time. Justin deserves a particular mention as we spent most time with him, (albeit he was working up in the attic), but we had a chat on his arrival and again on his departure. We would not hesitate to recommend Timberwise who know what Customer Service actually means.."
Timberwise (UK) Ltd is rated 4.61 based on 192 reviews