Timberwise (UK) Ltd Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend Timberwise (UK) Ltd

hq@timberwise.co.uk

1 Drake MewsGadbrook Park

How would you rate Timberwise (UK) Ltd ?

"The managing surveyor from Timberwise discovered the dry rot when examining a damp problem under the floor. The technician who came out to treat it was punctual, friendly, explained the treatment and efficient in applying it to every possible place affected. He cleaned up and explained how long to leave the room unused and aired. I would recommend the company."
"I would never recommend this Company to anybody. We had an Independent Surveyor to a property following their works, who basically advised us that the work they did was an absolute joke. They are not interested at all and we will be seeing them in court."
"I brought a bungalow 3 years ago. It had been damproofed the year before I brought it. I soon notice the bedrooms smelling of damp. I contacted timberwise who basically didn't want to know but sent a man round to have a look. He told me the it wasn't damp, the wall had been papered too soon after plastering!! I have since had a professional expert on damp to have a look and have been told the damp course has been put in at the wrong level. I would not recommend timberwise to anyone unless they have lots of money that they want to give away!"
"We have had a really hard and upsetting time with Timberwise Liverpool. I hope this review serves as a warning to others looking to get dry rot / damp treated. They started a job removing dry rot from our downstairs living room in early 2017. They replaced part of a sash window frame, multiple floorboards, and replastered a quarter of the room. As well as treating the rot. We had problems with them from start to finish. The rot has now been found again in the skirting boards in the same area where they conducted the work. Here are the problems we had with them: 1. They cost a lot of money compared to other companies 2. They took nearly 2 months to complete a job which should've been done in 1 week 3. Days would go by without anyone coming to the house and the job half finished 4. We were rarely kept updated on the progress of the work and we had to call them to find out what was going on / what the delay was 5. One day we came home in the pouring rain and found the window was boarded up, no one had told us this was going to happen 6. After calling up to complain we had someone sent round to complete some demanding manual jobs and they sent someone with a broken arm! 7. We found rot back within 18 months in the same area 8. They were going to charge us £160 just to come out and have a look 9. Their surveyor came out and spent 2 minutes looking at it, he failed to assess the walls, windows and floor boards 10. He said that they had failed to properly finish the job 11. He spoke to a director who then refused to honour our guarantee (which we had paid a substantial amount for) and refused to finish the job 12. Now we are left with an incomplete job, visible dry rot in the room, a guarantee which is worthless, and have already had to pointlessly redecorate the room once which cost us £500 13. After complaining they said they would come and see the work again with the complaints team in 3 weeks time! 14. They then agreed to come sooner, reviewed the work and once again accepted no responsibility for the incomplete job I am now awaiting an independent surveyor to come and review the work and I’m going to liase with the ombudsman. I would wholeheartedly not recommend this company to anyone."
Thank you for taking the time to leaving a review.

We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with the works you have had undertaken and the issues you are now experiencing. I understand from our Operations Manager that he has visited the property and has given you the advice of contacting the Property Care Association or an Independent Remedial surveyor that is a member of the Property Care Association for a second opinion to the new outbreak of rot that is on the other side of the room to where we have treated. He has also said that once this report has being received that Timberwise will return and review the findings and decide on how we move forward with a satisfactory resolution.

We understand your frustrations but as a reputable company with many decades of providing excellent customer service we will work with you to resolve this matter.
"A very quick efficient service from first survey to the two operatives who applied the treatment. We would have no hesitation recommending this company and its excellent service to others."
Thanks for your review Nick - pleased we were able to help.
"Good workmanship. Clean, Neat and Tidy. Very pleasant workman. Cheerful and polite. Work finished to a high atandard, it has certainly cured our rising damp problem. Price was good and competitive. Would certainly reccomend Timberwise if you want a good professional job done."
Thanks for the review Donald - pleased we were able to put an end to your damp problem.
for you.
"The chap who came to do our woodworm was knowledgeable and professional, a really nice man and a very good worker."
Thanks for the review Sarah - pleased your woodworm problem is now a thing of the past.
"The Timberwise technician arrived on time and got straight to work. They had a pleasant manner and cleaned up after. The surveyor gave accurate information and advice."
"Excellent experience with Timberwise. Punctual, in budget, clean and kept us up-to-date with every step of the job in hand. Very satisified customers."
"Good professional trust worthy employers, little fuss, pleased with the work they carried out."
"I had a surveyor from Timberwise who came and looked at my woodworm. He was very professional and also was very conscious not to over charge or suggest I had more done than needed to be done. When they came and carried out the work they were equally professional and efficient. The price was also the cheapest but that in no way meant they did less of a job. I really could not recommend them highly enough."
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Moira. I'll share your kind words with the Timberwise London team.
"Very good service from the quote to the job being done"
"Excellent firm. Very good at explanation of problem and various solutions to it. No "pushing " for most expensive. When doing the work Mr Gibson was extremely good. Explained everything he was doing as he went along. Would recommend you to anyone"
"I recently had dry rot works done. Apart from the obvious signs of it, the surveyor took the time to check another room and found more, another company I had round didn't find it. The technician, Dafydd Roberts, was a very tidy worker and kept me informed each day of what he would be doing. All completed in the timescale given."
"Customer service sorted my problems"
"Damp-proof course and replastering of lounge: Overall good - good value, prompt and professional service - but follow-up decorator has had to do some remedial work on the finish of the plasterwork, which was disappointing in places."
"Great service from start to finish. All staff were very polite and kind."
"We recently used Timberwise for a survey on a property purchase. From enquiry to booking to survey execution and feedback it was excellent service, swift, efficient and friendly. The direct contact I had with both admin and surveyor was brilliant. Thank you to Lesley Hornby and Kevin Reegan, both excellent at what you do and very helpful and stress free for me, it was much appreciated and much easier than other parts of the property process. They both did what they said they would and in a timely fashion. Thank you Timberwise on the back of Lesley and Kevin I would definitely recommend it’s nice to have a company with such good customer service these days!"
Thanks for the review Lucinda and the great feedback about Lesley and Kevin - pleased we could help make the property process a little easier.
"We recently used timberwise for damp work needed at our property. The surveyor came said what needed doing we received a quote the next day and any questions i needed answering before work commenced the surveyor answered them all promptly. What i really liked was that they worked with us to reduce costs so for eg, we did all the prep work and then got our own plasterer. The work was completed on schedule. I would highly reccommend this company."
"Prompt, clean, and tidy workman. Very happy with the job they did."
Timberwise (UK) Ltd is rated 4.65 based on 169 reviews