The Stone and Garden Company Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend The Stone and Garden Company
Jonathan Sanderson
"Great customer service. However disappointed to learn delivery service required “solid ground” for a gravel driveway delivery. I can’t think of many places that put gravel on a solid ground. Although I am happy with the product delivered it was not as red as the picture on the website made out."
Michael Maguire
"Stone & Garden helped me complete my landscaping project. We were going on holiday to Malta when I ordered the heavy load, but S&GC made the delivery at my requested date/time on our return."
"Very pleased. Communication over the phone was clear. Good value for money. Delivery man was punctual and very friendly and helpful."
"Product is fine but delivery left a lot to be desired. It was left on the pavement, blocking the pavement. The delivery driver explained that it was too heavy to be moved anywhere else. I wasn't given this information on booking. Driver also refused to take the delivery away. Booking process was confusing. It was unclear when the delivery was going to be made and i had to contact the company to clarify. Overall pretty poor service."
Hello James,

We appreciate you have taken the time to write us a review. We are glad to hear you are happy with the product you received. In respect to the delivery I would like to refer you to the Terms and Conditions statement –“It is at the drivers discretion to deem the delivery unsuitable he is well within his rights to refuse to unload the pallet or alternatively unload it as near as possible to the required destination, which may well be at the side of the road.” The terms and conditions were agreed at checkout in order to finalise your order. At the time of your purchase we had some technical issues with the website auto selecting dates, the office did attempt to call you to confirm the date you had stated in your comment.

The Stone and Garden Company
"Hmmmm....ordered an had put down plum slate chippings to top up existing. However, they were grey, not plum. Now looks a right mess!!"
Hello Stefan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. You ordered 20mm Plum Slate, we do not supply 20mm Grey Slate we only supply the Grey Slate in 40mm. Due to the time of year and the quarry conditions it is likely there is dust build up on the slate which may make it look Grey rather than Plum but I can assure you it cannot be 20mm Grey Slate that has been sent out. Please wash the stones and let us know the outcome. We also welcome any photos you have, please send these to sales@stoneandgarden.co

Kind Regards,
The Stone and Garden Company
"The company themselves were fine with no complaints from a service or delivery point of view. It is just a real shame that having spent £250 on Spanish marble 'white' stones that after a couple of weeks of mixed weather they all started turning 'YELLOW' ... Extremely disappointing !"
Hi Graham,
Every review is crucial for The Stone and Garden Company in order for us to better and improve on our company. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to reflect on our service and product. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We hope to be of assistance at a later date.

The Stone and Garden Company
"Products were perfect but delivery was poor. One of the bulk bags had a big hole in it, so as the delivery man tried to wheel the crate off the truck. A load of stones kept falling out the bottom. There was also a whole (10 x 15cm) in the middle of the lorry floor which left a mess in the middle of the road. I had to help clean up the lorry andhad no choice but to sweep up mess left in the street."
Hi David,
Thank you for your feedback. All feedback is important to us and is taken on board to make our service a better service. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. I have spoken to our delivery company and we are working hard alongside each other to reduce the risk of this happening in the future.

The Stone and Garden Company
"Having paid for an overnight delivery charge for a Pre 12:00am delivery costing an additional £50.40! I would have expected at least a telephone call to inform me that the goods hadn't been collected by the haulage company the evening before. Instead I called at 11:30am to find out what was happening to then be told it was out of their hands and they apologise, fair enough you might think. I then asked, could they ensure the delivery arrives the following day to which I was told No they cant guarantee that, then on top of this would they reimburse the delivery charge stating that the haulage company still need to be paid an overnight charge to get it to me a day late. This in my mind is out of order, it wasn't my fault the hauliers didn't collect so why should I be paying them, indeed it wasn't Stone and Garden's fault the haulier didn't collect but they operate for Stone and Garden and therefore its for Stone and Garden to take up with them to recover the cost or use a different more reliable service. to add to this I have had to pay a labourer for the wasted morning. Poor communication. Poor reaction ( and yes Mick I was p'ssed off, but I think quite rightly after no assurance the delivery would take place and no offer of even a partial refund of the delivery charge. ) overall a Poor service all round. Fuming and now 2 days behind Stay away use a company that can provide the service they make out they can. Mick, All you needed to do was reimburse a portion of the delivery charge and apologise instead all I got was T&C's and excuses."
"Despite agreement at the time or ordering to deliver on a day, no delivery arrived and the company stated when contacted that the the agreed day was four days later. Not so. I should have taken more note of other poor delivery reviews displayed. Again, despite agreeing that a 'phone call would be made an hour before delivery, and it was on the contract, the delivery company did not do this and arrived so early we were not ready, had not moved a car and we stood around in dressing gowns! We shall find a local firm next time- have several more large bags to buy for the garden."
"I telephoned the sales office and enquired to make sure the 40mm blue slate would match some 40mm blue slate we bought elsewhere. I was assured that as 'it comes from the same place', it would be the same. Unfortunately, although the colour matched, there are lots (far too many) of small pieces, crumbs and slate dust. Yes, the slate from Stone and Garden was a lot cheaper, but I want it to look all the same. I guess you pays your money, you takes your chance! Probably have to spread out this slate and then put the better slate over the top. Not over the moon!"
"The Stone and Garden Company were ok. However they use an inappropriate delivered company. I ordered 9 bags of granite, the guy came with a pallet mover (which wasn’t even battery assisted) which would only be suitable for a concrete floor. Not only that they are not allowed or insured to drive on the driveway, so on two occasions they chose to completely block the only footpath instead of reversing on a large loose stone type drive. Stone and Garden were not interested in my complaint about this, I assume they get that a lot. This issue is easily solved by having smaller trucks, powered pallet hand movers, reversing into the drive, or using hi ab trucks for larger ordered. So I would say if you needed more then one or two bags at a time, I would look for a company which doesn’t use the cheapest carriers, and is geared up for moving 1 tonne bags."
"We ordered some plum slate and weed control membrane from Stone & Garden. I paid extra to have it delivered on a specific day ready for it to be laid. The delivery driver arrived with only the slate and no membrane, which of course meant that the slate could not be laid on that day. We immediately contacted Stone & Garden to advise them of this and they immediately blamed their haulage company saying that they had lost it on the way. This was not the case. It hadn't been included within our order, despite it clearly stating on the invoice and the picking note. We advised the Stone & Garden that we needed the membrane to be able to use the slate which had been arranged for that day. They were unhelpful in trying to resolve this and in the end, we had to quickly source some locally in order for it to be laid on the date arranged. Stone & Garden didn't accept responsibility and they eventually refunded the money for the membrane. No refund for the delivery and no compensation for this inconvenience. It's lucky that we managed to get some locally, otherwise it would have cost us extra to have our landscaper come in another day."
"Ordered 20MM Black Basalt, but what I received are light grey in colour and definitely not the same as on the Stone and Garden website. Light grey ones I could have bought cheaper locally. Needed the stones urgently for estate agent photos so did not have time to refuse delivery and source alternative."
Every review is crucial for The Stone and Garden Company in order for us to better and improve on our company. We’d firstly like to thank you for taking the time to reflect on our service.
"Good service but I was disappointed with the colour of the stones. I had previously had moonstone at my old address in Stafford and loved the colour, lots of greys and whites. However this lot is very drab lots of browns in it."
"I ordered and expected to receive 3 No bulk bags of blue slate chipping. Whilst the quality of the material was good, one bag had obviously be n damaged and repaired with lack tape, I still only received 2.8 bagsOne bag was very clearly 20% light. This was pointed out to the delivery driver, who said it was nothing to do with him. As delivery was on Friday, I contacted the company on Monday morning who insisted it was fine when it left them and to contact the haulier instead. This "passing the buck" and being short changed has left a bad taste. So I will go elsewhere to purchase the shortfall."
"As there was no indication of delivery time at all, nor any tracking details online on Monday last I called your office and was told the haulier would contact me an hour before he arrived. This never happened. As a result we had to lug the sandbags 100 yds to where they could better have been delivered had I been rung in advance. The 60 sandbags I ordered were only half filled and spread out look flat and unimpressive. I hope they work when the floods come!"
"That left a one tonne bag of stones right in the middle of our drive, so we couldn't get cars in or out. They did come back after my wife complained and moved it to one side, but come on, you don't need to be Einstein to ............. etc. etc."
"Meant to receive white pola gravel on the friday 11th August 2017 as I had a job to finish off in back garden when arrived I received black basalt instead they said the wrong gravel could not be picked up on Saturday even through my new gravel was being delivered that day instead it would be picked up on Monday14th August. It was blocking our path way and we had to cross the grass to get into our house which is not great when you have a disabled person living with you. Phoned up Stone & Graden and I will say they said they will deliver tomorrow (Saturday )in which they did but this put me a day behind. It is now the 17th August and still they have not picked up the wrong gravel. I did phone and complain on Wednesday 16th August but the women Lisa said she would speak to her manager and still I have no reply back from them"
"Ordered 2 pallets of plum slate chippings, however on 1 off the pallets most of the 20 kilo bags were damaged especially the lower 2 rows. A lot of the chippings had escaped/missing. I am not sure that all the bags were received as the shrink wrap had been torn off and bags were loosely thrown on top. I hasten to add I didn't count them. There was also an order shortage of membrane and after 3 attempts of trying to contact via the web site, I sent an email directly to the email address obtained. The shortage was signed for and witnessed by the courier, but was still queried. Y the sales office. Eventually the shortage was supplied but almost 2 weeks had elapsed from the original delivery causing a delay/disruption in the laying. Not happy!!!"
"Email said item would be delivered on Wednesday but delivery firm then changed it to Thursday. I said I could only do it in the morning as I was working in the afternoon. They assured me it would. Getting near to midday I rang a couple of times to see where he was, each time was told he would be with me shortly, he didn't arrive till almost 2pm, I had to ring my work to say I couldn't come in which didn't go down well and I lost an afternoons pay. When the driver aventually got here he was very unhelpful and wanted to leave a 900k bag of stones at the Kerbside. I have a flat crazy paved drive so no reason why he couldn't have brought them closer."
"My delivering arrived a day early with no pr phone call therefore I missed a whole days work the next day, which I had put aside to waiting for the delivery. The driver pulled up to the curb and despite a wide clear drive made no efforts to deliver the stones where i wanted them. The product is fine, but the delivery service was rubbish! I also used the on line calculator for many bags of stones I would need. i ordered one less than suggested and had more than enough!"
Good morning

We have spoken to our delivery company and we are working hard alongside each other to reduce the risk of this happen in the future. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The Stone and Garden Company
"The goods were ordered Tuesday to be delivered Thursday. Received a phone call to say they would not be delivered until Friday but I would have my delivery charge refunded. The goods actually arrived the following Tuesday and I am still awaiting the refund of my delivery charge."
Good morning Mr Murdoch

The Stone and Garden Company
"Delivery did not take place as scheduled so wasted one day holiday for no reason. Deliveries are very prescriptive (understandably) however, unless there are specific circumstances (which there weren't on my delivery), I believe I have the right to expect the delivery to take place. I contacted customer services who were very helpful and requested a refund of the delivery cost but to date have heard nothing. No problem with product"
Hi Mr Hayter,
Thank you for your feedback. All feedback is important to us and is taken on board to make our service a better service. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. I have spoken to our delivery company and we are working hard alongside each other to reduce the risk of this happen in the future.

The Stone and Garden Company is rated 4.55 based on 553 reviews