The Stone and Garden Company Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend The Stone and Garden Company
Jonathan Sanderson
"Great customer service. However disappointed to learn delivery service required “solid ground” for a gravel driveway delivery. I can’t think of many places that put gravel on a solid ground. Although I am happy with the product delivered it was not as red as the picture on the website made out."
Michael Maguire
"Stone & Garden helped me complete my landscaping project. We were going on holiday to Malta when I ordered the heavy load, but S&GC made the delivery at my requested date/time on our return."
"Very pleased. Communication over the phone was clear. Good value for money. Delivery man was punctual and very friendly and helpful."
"Quick delivery good price Little disappointed as there seemed to be a lot if random coloured stones mix in the rubber chips else i would have given 5 stars."
Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for writing this review about The Stone and Garden Company and sharing your photo with us. We greatly appreciate this feedback, as we use a manual pump truck to offload we require a good, solid, flat level surface - this is explained in our Terms and Conditions. The gravel we provide is a natural product so there will always be colour variations because it is not dyed. If there is anything we can do for you in the future just let us know.

The Stone and Garden Company
"The stone is beautiful and looks great, however the delivery was very poor. Firstly the delivery arrived on he wrong day and so the area wasn’t prepared ready for the stone. Secondly the delivery driver expected my pregnant wife to move heavy blocks so the pallet could fit on my drive area. Thirdly the driver then failed to get the pallet on my drive and left it half on my drive and half on the pavement. I was at work and couldn’t more it until late. This could have left me paying a fine if a complaint was made by a neighbor. The driver was pleasant but not helpful and refused to do anything else other than leave the pallet as it is. Plus he actually damaged part of the pavement edge. Happy with product but not with delivery service!"
Hello Daniel,

The Stone and Garden Company
"Bit disappointed l ordered pebbles 30mm to 50mm and received ones more like 50mm to 70mm plus, the delivery driver had left before l realised otherwise l would have sent them back."
Hello Terence,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, every review is crucial for The Stone and Garden Company in order for us to better and improve on our company. We are sorry to hear you are not happy with the stones you have received. Had this been brought to our attention we would have arranged for the stones to be returned - regardless of whether the driver was still there or not. During the screening process sometimes larger stones can fall through due to the way they fall, this is explained in the terms and conditions you agreed to at checkout and within the product description.

Kind Regards
The Stone and Garden Company
"I was impressed with communication and delivery. Product was what I was looking for once the dust was washed off. BUT. I was surprised and disappointed to find 3-4 inches of paste/slurry in the bottom of the bag May be better if you washed your slate stock pile more thoroughly before bagging up."
Hi Steven,
Thank you for your feedback. Every review is crucial for The Stone and Garden Company in order for us to better and improve on our company. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We hope to be of assistance at a later date.

The Stone and Garden Company
"The stones were fine the delivery was also good. I calculated that i should have had enough but was a bit short so contracted stone and garden to try and get a small amount to finish the job but have had no reply from messages."
"We ordered two bags of Grey Slate Chippings to be delivered to a Heritage site. Asked Courier to call prior and no such call came until they were there. The 2nd bag we had delivered created problems with access and caused a lot of headaches. Thank you for that, the Stone and Garden themselves are ok, the Chippings could be a slightly better grade. The courier company uses these tail lift vans, which are not helpful at all due to access limitations, plus they just dump it where they please and do not call. Courier company is useless."
"Very quick delivery at no cost. Stones were a good size. Left in a good place. Wasn't as white as I thought they were going to be. There was a lot of dust in the bag which would have made up a bit of the weight."
"Very pleased with price and ease of use of website. Very unimpressed with delivery and can't do attitude! Recommend a review of courier partners."
"It was great to have your garden expert wander around your stock with us. When we got our stock we found the plants were the height we ordered, but the pot was very small and the roots heavily pot bound and damaged (as roots had been cut for transport)"
Hello Mark,

Hello Mark, Thank you for your honest review but we are slightly confused as we don't sell plants or plant pots? We think you have posted a review about the wrong company, I can see that you did order some red gritstone from us, which I hope you were happy with?
"I was a bit disappointed as we waited in all day for our delivery, taking the day off, but it didn't turn up and then had to wait till Monday. The actual granite was nice and am pleased with it. But would have liked to be informed if the delivery weren't going to come."
Hi Mr Witham,
Thank you for your feedback. All feedback is important to us and is taken on board to make our service a better service. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. I have spoken to our delivery company and we are working hard alongside each other to reduce the risk of this happen in the future.We are glad that you were happy with granite you received. If there is ever anything we can do for you then just give us a call.

The Stone and Garden Company
"The Company and delivery was great but I am afraid the stones, which we were hoping would be bright and very white are more grey and really not delivering the look we were hoping for. Thanks to Stone and Garden for their customer experience but a shame about the product"
Good afternoon Beth,

The Stone and Garden Company
"The 40mm ' blue ' slate chippings turned out to be light grey when dry, turning bluer when wet. The big bag was delivered on time and placed where wanted - pretty level access. The material is gritty, not washed."
"The delivery was inconvenient and left us with 2 x pallets to sort. Pallets should have been picked up by you."
Shahzadwe appreciate that you have taken time out of your day to write us a review. If we can ever be of any help in the future then please let us know. Thank You

The Stone and Garden Company
"So the company themselves are fantastic, really helpful and great products BUT sadly it is a huge but, the delivery really let's them down. The courier company did not bother to show up the first time ( they said the could not find the house and also had to take a rest so had returned back to the depot which was quite ridiculous) and the second time the delivery man turned up late and was on his own and was also both incapable and unwilling to move the goods himself so I had to get my father had to climb into the back of the truck and help him otherwise he threatened that he would have taken the goods back to the depot again. Real shame as great service when you order but sadly would not use again because of the delivery issues hence my standard rating only."
Hi Carrie,