The Bed and Mattress Centre Reviews

85% of reviewers recommend The Bed and Mattress Centre

How would you rate The Bed and Mattress Centre?

Verified Reviewer

We bought a new mattress more than 2 years ago, which was delivered quickly and was very comfortable. 2 years later its seems came a bit unstuck, so the Bed and Mattress Centre replaced it with a new one with no quibbles. Excellent service!
Trevor
Verified Reviewer

OUTSTANDING SERVICE ...We bought a mattress from them in 2012, it was very comfortable until a few weeks ago when we discovered that it had split due to a manufacturing fault.
Matthew at the shop in Chichester was really friendly and helpful and contacted the manufacturer on our behalf. Within 3 days we picked up a brand new replacement with a very modest contribution for the 5 years of use we had had from the mattress.
Would certainly recommend them on quality, price and customer service
Gemma Paull
Unverified Reviewer

Customer service when things were not quite right was amazing, thank you
Ed
Unverified Reviewer

"Made contact about my faulty mattress. It came with a 5 year warranty however 13 months into this au have to pay 20% of the original price for a new one !
No mention of this when purchased either. It gets better though apparently it's my fault as my bed slats are wrong ! No mention of needing specific slats when ordering the mattress. Told I should have purchased a bed the same as the company owner.
The defect is the mattress failing from head to toe so not even the way the slats run.
To make it worse they do not even want the mattress back to check the fault and see what's gone wrong.
Never before seen such bad customer services from any retailer.
5 year warranty is a waste of the paper it is written on.
Never use this company again.
Chrissie
Unverified Reviewer

From the walk into the shop and the customer service from Daniel, to the delivery of the bed cannot fault this company. Daniel was extremely helpful arranging for our old bed to be collected and redistributed (in perfect condition we just wanted something bigger) to someone in need. The guys who delivered the bed were on time, cheerful, efficient and extremely tidy and careful.
Peter
Verified Buyer

The bed itself is of a very high quality. We waited longer than anticipated for the delivery and as we were assembling the bed one of the parts was faulty so we had to wait 48hrs before another part was delivered. Concidering the cost of the bed I would have thought the parts could have been posted urgently by special delivery.
Paul
Verified Buyer

I have bought a similar Kayflex Sumptious Silver memory foam mattress from the Bed and Mattress Centre before. I was very pleased with it and therefore ordered another for a separate bed. As previously the ordering was simple and it arrived as scheduled.
Marilyn
Verified Buyer

Very comfortable not too firm just right
Paula
Verified Buyer

Very straightforward order and delivery. New mattress is great.
Mark
Verified Buyer

Excellent value and quality mattress delivered on time. Very happy with purchase and can wholeheartedly recommend.
Melanie

Efficient, effective friendly service
The Swan Guest House
Verified Buyer

I cant tell you how amazing The Bed & Matress Centre were today Sunday 28th August 2016. I contacted them at short notice and asked if an immediate delivery was possible as we were in dire straits! The advisor available said he would do all he could to assist us. He gave us all options available to us for an immediate delivery. We didnt expect such fast efficient servce and he went out of his way to help us. 10 out of 10 for service from us. Many Thanks, we were very grateful.
Nick
Verified Buyer

Old fashioned customer service does exist. I was greeted and served by one of the directors, apparently all the sales staff are directors, whose expertise saved me money! This was in contrast to the lack of product knowledge displayed by one of their competitors.
Unverified Reviewer

The product was fine. However the delivery was a shambles. If I'd found this site beforehand I would have read all the other disappointed customers and reconsidered. No selection for delivery date on the site, no email or call to discuss when was convenient or even roughly when it was due. I called the Chichester branch on the Monday after ordering in Friday. They said the manufacturer would call re delivery and to call back by Thursday if I'd heard nothing. Nothing. So I called them on Thursday as I needed it by the weekend. They looked up my ref number and said it had already been delivered. The best bit is, they had no answer from the address (it's not occupied yet) so they delivered it without any consultation to a hairdressers next door! This inconvenience yet more people. When I asked the man on the phone earlier how I would carry it myself up two flights of stairs on my own, he had no solution, no emphathy and just said it was not his fault but that the delivery guys should have called me. If you want a smooth, stress free, well organised delivery avoid this website.
Sometimes things don't go quite according to plan. We're sorry that you feel let down.

Unfortunately we can't deliver to an unoccupied address.

When your neighbours took the mattress on your behalf, we wouldn't expect them to hold onto it indefinitely without telling you - of course a card was also left at your address to let you know where the delivery was.

We understand you were upset at having to move your mattress on your own. If you had been in to receive the mattress, we would have carried it up the stairs for you but providing a solution to your problem from our shop is difficult!

We are sorry you mistook that as a lack of empathy. We do our very best to look after all our customers, but in this case the best solution would be to ask a friend of neighbour for help.

We hope you are enjoying your new mattress.
Kaye
Verified Buyer

Delivery was very quick. Bed I ordered is really lovely and the mattress is so comfy. Would order again.
Paul
Verified Buyer

Mattress arrived as promised. We are very satisfied with the quality of the memory foam mattress.
Eric
Verified Buyer

Good value for money. Bed & Mattress forwards the order to the mattress manufacturer to fulfil and deliver. Their (the manufacturers) courier damaged the mattress. Bed & Mattress sorted this out for us although it took about 10 days for a replacement to arrive. Thanks.
Disa
Verified Buyer

Having researched online about which was the best mattress the Bed & Mattress centre then came out with the best price and availability. Having placed the order online over the weekend I then received a phonecall from the store to arrange a convenient delivery date. The whole process was very painless and had no complications. Great price and service - will definitely use again.
Sharon
Verified Buyer

I have another mattress the same as the one purchased so knew it would be good quality and nice and firm. Delivery was quick. Very satisfied customer.
Nada
Verified Buyer

The mattress is soft & spongy but I prefer the sprung type
The Bed and Mattress Centre is rated 4.52 based on 33 reviews