The TEFL Org Reviews

of reviewers recommend The TEFL Org
Read The TEFL Org Reviews

About The TEFL Org:

Established in 2008, The TEFL Org is the UK's most experienced and accredited TEFL course provider offering classroom, online & combined TEFL courses.

info@tefl.org

The TEFL Org 5 star review on 24th May 2021
Bastian B
The TEFL Org 5 star review on 6th March 2021
Doaa B
I find some of the video teaching examples to be unhelpful, and wonder how students can understand the contentxwhen taught in the manner presented. How the students are supposed to understand the Scottish instructor, is beyond me.
The 120 hours programme lacks a lot of useful, important information in the grammar part. It says 120 hours, but if you actually go and look for the information yourself, it takes much longer. Having completed the grammar part, I don't feel confident to teach anyone English, due to the superficiality of the information provided.
My tutor gives conflicting feedback and that’s not helpful. I feel stuck and without guidance.
I felt that there was too much non-video-content, many of the videos simply said "now you've read that whole section on x think about it", which in my is lazy. There should have been more video content. Also the quizzes were too vague. A video saying activities and STT are good for the students and question of "Activities can help students ______?" (for example) (Grow, learn, read, engage, walk" where most of them are grammatically correct, those words were not used in the videos and there is only one answer leads to brute forcing of the answers. This kind of thing is frustrating, a waste of time and doesn't help you understand the subject matter any better. Many entire quizzes have this kind of theme. It doesn't show that you've understood the topic to guess one of 7 that could be correct. Likewise, there were questions like "The teacher made good use of the _____?" (TL, running, walking if, fish). Questions where only one answer made sense forcing you into the right answer. That doesn't demonstrate that I know the answer, that simply shows that I can illuminate answers that make absolutely no sense.
My in person 3-day training in Edinburgh was excellent - top quality and I have absolutely no complaints about it! The online classes however I have been pretty disappointed in. The content is fine but the videos take a really long time to load, are hard to navigate, and don't have options for changing the speed of listening which makes reviewing videos or going through topics you already know tedious. Given how much you pay for the online classes I strongly feel that the platform needs updating and made mobile app friendly. I have bought an online Chinese course (HSK Zero to Hero) that is run on Teachable that is very simple to use and would be ideal. The lack of ease of use and ease of access to the Tefl.org videos has resulted in me failing to finish the course by the expiry date and by the expiry date of the extension that I bought. The interface could, I think, be made enjoyable rather than tedious to use.
Hello Margarita, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Great to hear you enjoyed the classroom element of your course! In terms of the online part, I'm really sorry you encountered issues with the video content and accessibility. I'll make sure to feed this back to our IT team for future development. Kind regards, Alan, TEFL Adviser
I was locked out of the TEFL Grammar course 24 hours before it was set to end. This prevented me from completing my course and having my certification on time for an important job interview. The quizzes in the Grammar course also need to be looked over again. There are some mistakes and only allowing certain answers to be typed a certain way or they're marked wrong. Overall, it was a good course. Thank you.
Hi Courtney, Thank you for the review of our 30-hour Online Grammar Course. I'm sorry to hear that you were locked out of the course just before it was due to expire - I understand how frustrating that must have been. I'll pass your feedback on to our Academic and IT teams re: answers to quizzes. Kind regards, Alan, TEFL Adviser
Although everything seems straight forward in terms of completing each module, there seems to be a lack of support of certain subjects. The forums aren’t enough, everyone has an opinion and therefore no factual information. You don’t offer support for any grammar which seems far fetched. I would recommend assigning a tutor to explain any confusing modules. This will in turn encourage students to feel more confident and less alone. Thanks Joe
Hi Joe, Thank you for taking the time to review our course. Although the Grammar and Language Awareness module is labelled as self-study, there is still support available should you need it - just email our team on support@tefl.org.uk and they will get back in touch ASAP with an answer. You also have a personal online tutor throughout your studies. They will be marking and providing feedback on each of your written assignment submissions, but are also there help answer any questions you may have at any point during your course. Kind regards, Alan, TEFL Adviser
TEFL course was cancelled due to COVID
Since I have started your course my only correspondence is when I ask or have an issue. Would be good to have some more personal input from staff to see how I’m going. Otherwise when I do respond it is a quick response. Calinda Clayton
Overall I think it's a pretty good program however I'm sure my experience is being colored by factors related to Covid 19. Sometimes class work seems a bit stressful. The tutor Thomas has made efforts to be of assistance. The going is slow but moving forward.
I would have liked my examples of real life classroom lessons. The learning of coursework became quite boring but I enjoyed doing the assignment because it was fun planning the activities. When I completed and passed the course I was told several time that I hadn’t completed the coursework when I clearly had. This has also happened in previous TEFL courses that I have successfully passed. Eventually I get an apology and agreeing with me that I have completed everything.
I think starting off with the grammar module makes the course heavy going. I think the assignments should be made easier or you should get help from the tutor. He should look over your work before you submit it for marking
Very interesting and useful course all round. I think the feedback and guidance could be a little clearer for students learning from home.
I find guidance for someone new limited ie which online modules should be done in which order would have helped. I also find the marking inconsistent.
Some things still need to be done. Im talking about some technical things and the site interface. There are some issues with the video player, for instance. Another thing I don't really like is in those video lessons, the teacher is the one who's wearing a mic. Thus, you can't hear anything the students are saying. My phone is Samsung A50 2019. Mostly doing the tests there.
The teaching course is ok so far although some videos have poor sound quality. Having booked the course from France and used my British debit card I was charged the cost in Euros instead of £, incurring extra charges ! The course offered a discount if booked within a short period of time but the "sale" seems to be ongoing which feels like a marketing trap...
I still haven´t started the course Alan! I will be glad to reply once I have finished it.
Very easy to follow and explains clearly. Would appreciate a nicer hub.
so far it is just ok. The feedback on the quiz is non existent besides you got it right. That is not feedback. Some of the samples used do not really make sense to me. I think the examples used are worded strangely.
I liked the coursework - quizzes, videos, etc. but I really did not like the tutor or written assignments.
The TEFL Org is rated 4.5 based on 5,264 reviews