The TEFL Org Reviews

of reviewers recommend The TEFL Org
Read The TEFL Org Reviews

About The TEFL Org:

Established in 2008, The TEFL Org is the UK's most experienced and accredited TEFL course provider offering classroom, online & combined TEFL courses.

info@tefl.org.uk

18 Alexander Place

Tell us how The TEFL Org made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
The TEFL Org 5 star review on 30th April 2020
Jean-Marc
The TEFL Org 4 star review on 10th February 2020
Kozeta
More Photos & Videos
I recently attended the TEFL 3 day course. Simon was an outstanding course leader and instructor and has a great engaging personality. He was highly experienced and expert, made it extremely fun, gave invaluable tips on the practical and real world aspects of teaching and really grafts and goes the extra miles to deliver the course curriculum to students. I am extremely satisfied with the TEFL approach and feel equipped to progress into teaching now. Super!
I have just completed the 168 hours Online Level 5 TEFL Course. I enjoyed studying it. Content was easy to navigate through, relevant information and well presented. My tutor, Joanna, was great. She marked assignments on time and gave plenty of encouragement and helpful feedback. Lots of classroom teaching videos to watch, which were very useful but could have been shorter and focused on teaching particular objectives to us. Sometimes content felt a bit repetitive in the 79 hour Methodology unit and not challenging enough, especially the quizzes can get boring. Printing the course material is not paper and ink friendly! Please have a different print version of the materials to the online format. It would have been nice to have some hands on experience of teaching online included in the course. Overall, I have learnt valuable teaching methods by taking this course.
I did the 120 hour online course which included 5 different courses. They were easy to understand and I have recommended this to a friend. My online tutor Asif was great, and I'm very pleased I had him. He was polite, friendly and gave good feedback. Unlike a different course I did a while back where the tutor was rude and unhelpful. Thanks Asif!
I highly recommend Tefl.org for your TEFL certificate, learning and training. I completed an advanced level 5 TEFL course, with 79-hour methodology and many other modules. Tefl.org are friendly, professional and helpful, with my tutor giving helpful feedback on assignments. Well respected company and online provider, they have everything you need to get certified as a TEFL teacher.
Hi Alan,
I find the course and content very informative and exciting. However, I am struggling to study regularly at present due to the coronavirus and the pressures of online teaching.
I may not be able to complete the course on the specified time, and I feel I may need an extra two months.
I hope this feedback is positive, and I appreciate your email.

Kind regards
Paul
The course was comprehensive over all and gave a good insight of the requirements to start teaching English as a second language.

However, I felt that assignments were slightly too vague at times, which made them even more difficult, and the word limit was not always appropriate to the task.
Hi Alan,

I enjoy the content of the course but I find the class videos a bit long and wondered if they could be edited, so that they I don't have to sit and watch them do the full groupwork.. I get the point that it's about watching a full active class, but I think I am a learner too in this situation and it can be a bit boring. Otherwise, the tutors are very professional but I'm a qualified teacher and it can seem a bit patronising.
As an experienced teacher who has earned an online degree, I have high standards for content and engagement for any course I take online. TEFL.org met my expectations with the 120 hr. TEFL course. My tutor gave excellent, actionable feedback on my work and even provided extra suggestions for further lesson development. The video examples that go along with the course tutorials were very good. Value for the price is excellent. I highly recommend TEFL.org courses.
The course is well planned and presented. My course tutor has been very supportive and gives me quick and helpful feedback. I'd personally like a bit more support regarding my options following the completion of the course. For example, how to find work. I also would liked a bit more clarity on my cancelled weekend classroom part of my course - a reschedule or opportunity to do additional learning online would help make up for the current loss of this part of my learning.
I've been very impressed with The TEFL Org. The information provided is in-depth, comprehensive, fun, and easily digestible.
TEFL course was cancelled due to COVID
The course was very comprehensive covering a wide range of skills & knowledge needed to teach English as a foreign language, to a wide range if learners.
I found the course very good but the quality of the videos shown was not great as I could not always see things written on the whiteboard (new pens would have helped)
The tasks were very tough mostly as the explanation was hard to understand what exactly was required, sometimes new terminology was used. All that said I would recommend this course
I have enjoyed the course and found it to be quite stimulating. The approach I am taking is to go through the entire course and then return to the assignments. This has worked reasonably well as, initially, the assignment briefings were a little confusing. I should finish the entire course, and assignments, within the next couple of weeks.
Where I have struggled is trying to understand the overall direction of the entire course. It seems to be a series of assignments and I don’t get an overall sense of direction. I don’t really see how I can teach students to a standard that will demonstrate that they have succeeded. I need to be clearer, from a students perspective, of what success means and looks like. My original intention was to attend a weekend workshop where, perhaps, I can ask questions on this. Of course, this will now be subject to the lifting of restrictions caused the the Covid virus.
Thoroughly enjoying the course, very clearly set out and easy to follow. Instructive and interesting, would definitely recommend.
Great course! The tutor was helpful and gave excellent feedback and tips.
I am at the end of the Grammar section, so far it is going ok, I would like to see more examples with answers with some of the tests.
Since I have started your course my only correspondence is when I ask or have an issue. Would be good to have some more personal input from staff to see how I’m going.
Otherwise when I do respond it is a quick response.
Calinda Clayton
Very nice and interesting course giving much creativity for everybody who wants to improve skills and to get experience from impressively professional teaching staff
I have recommended this course already to a few friends, as I found it manageable and not stressful. It was extremely comprehensive and I truly learned a lot.
There was a bit of information overload and technical issues with quizzes that could be matured and condensed - at times it felt like the program was a work in progress instead of established and concise.
Overall I enjoyed the course - as a teacher of 5 years this was perfect for me and I was able to finish the 120 hour online in less than 5 weeks.
Definitely would recommend reconstructing the telephone course as it was extremely outdated. It would’ve been great to have been better prepared for the current online teaching environment such as skills for working for companies such as vipkid/sayabc etc.
I haven't completed the course yet, however I have already noticed several spelling errors which is disconcerting. Aside from that, I really appreciate the combination of visual, audible, and literary learning opportunities. I have yet to post in the forum, but the opportunity to connect with other students is appreciated. I have also really enjoyed how the social media presence makes this pursuit seem more attainable and realistic in these uncertain times.
The TEFL Org is rated 4.52 based on 3,140 reviews