Swindon Caravans Group Reviews

of reviewers recommend Swindon Caravans Group
Read Swindon Caravans Group Reviews

About Swindon Caravans Group:

Award winning dealership selling new and second hand touring caravans. With branches in Swindon, Oxford and Reading. We cater to all your caravanning needs, from caravans sales and caravan & awning accessory shops to our workshops and aftersales service.

01793772096

tom@swindoncaravans.com

Greatfield, Royal Wootton Bassett,

Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Because I had a problem previously and I think Andy went beyond the call of duty
Would you buy from one of our branches again? no
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
I always find the hand over not rushed and give you time to look round your new van. This is our 2nd new van and by far the best I have dealt with.
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Previous customer
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
Very helpful sales team and good quality of 'hand over' of the new caravan
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? USED THEM BEFORE
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
VERY HELPFUL MEMBER OF STAFF AND NOTHING WAS TOO MUCH TROUBLE.
(Swindon) - Posted 1 week ago
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? no
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
Picked up a new Unicorn Black a few weeks ago. Purchase and delivery was great with no issues. Dealt with both Simon’s who were very helpful and knowledgeable. Just a couple of very small glitches. Wheel locknut wasn’t with the van but posted out very quickly. Tracker registration did seem to take a couple of weeks but I don’t think this was Reading Caravan’s fault although didn’t get the call back From Simon when chased. Apart from that, great service.
(Reading) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? got caravan I wanted a right price
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
All staff so friendly smooth exchange from old van to new lunar worth travelling 120 miles excellent shop well equipped
(Swindon) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? They had exactly the caravan we wanted.
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
Excellent, courteous service from every single member of staff and a pleasure to deal with. They were very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. As a first time caravan owner I was very grateful for all the time and advice they gave us and patient even with the most trivial of questions. We chose a second hand caravan and this was handed over in excellent, spotless condition. We have had real pleasure preparing for our first venture into the unknown, a trip to the south coast for a weekend, and are so grateful for all the tips and suggestions we were given during the handover. We would definitely recommend Swindon Caravans Group, Reading branch, and will certainly deal with them again one day.
(Oxford) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Passing buy popped in made to feel welcome
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
Friendly helpful and very knowledgable
(Oxford) - Posted 4 weeks ago
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Seemed a good deal
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
Collected a brand new Bailey Porto caravan and found the dispatch team to be helpful and knowledgeable, some minor issues were quickly resolved, however an other fault was only noticed when I got the caravan home, a few emails later this is now in the process of getting rectified, Good after sales and customer experience.
(Swindon) - Posted 4 weeks ago
Good afternoon Mr Luckman,

Thank you for your email.

Whilst the damage to your caravan is unfortunate I’m afraid Swindon Caravans cannot accept liability for this. A caravan undergoes a number of checks between the time it is delivered to us and the customer collects.

It is checked by the sales team when we accept delivery from the manufacturer. No damage was recorded.
It is checked by the workshop team when doing the PDI on the caravan. No damage was recorded.
It is checked by the despatch team when cleaning the caravan. No damage was recorded.
And finally it is checked and signed off by the customer when he collects when again no damage was recorded.

Our customer handovers are 1 ½ hours long, provide a full working demonstration and are extremely thorough. You have also been thorough during the handover, spotting some minor issues with imperfections in the wooden furniture which were rectified straight away. The damage you reference is large and by your own admission you have circled the caravan half a dozen times looking for damage without finding anything. These processes have been put in place for exactly these types of scenarios which is why we cannot accept liability in this instance.

It is a great shame that you felt the need to post this issue all over the internet and various Facebook groups trying to discredit our business. It is extremely damaging and whilst we do not think it is fair, that is your prerogative. That said, as a gesture of goodwill, we will offer to do the repairs at cost for you should you wish. There are 2 options to get this damage repaired. One option is to remove the rail which is quite a significant job on the Bailey Alu-Tech caravans; something our workshop team is capable of doing but would require a number of hours to complete. The second option is a specialist body repair which is a more cost effective option . Speaking to the Workshop Manager the preferred repair option in this instance would be the specialist body repair because this would not affect the structural integrity of the caravan and the damage does not affect the use of the caravan. We could quote for both and then the choice would be yours. We would need to see the caravan first before giving an estimate.

Please advise if you would like to take us up on this offer. If so, then please drop the caravan into us at your earliest convenience and we will prioritise.

Regards,
Tom
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Right caravan and fair price
Would you buy from one of our branches again? yes
We have used Reading Caravans for servicing and their shop but this is our first caravan purchase here. Simon Clark dealt with the sale and was extremely helpful throughout the sale. At handover, Ian did an excellent job of explaining everything to me. We much prefer using the Reading branch over our local Oxford branch as customer service is 5 star on every occasion.
(Reading) - Posted 1 month ago
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Have purchased from them when they were Berkshire Caravans many years ago
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
I took ownership of my new van today from the Reading Branch ( stock Number U2615). Everything about the purchase has been excellent. Simon ( Sales Manager) was very helpful and easy to deal with from the initial enquiry through to agreeing the Part exchange purchase and pick up of our new caravan. The staff in the shop were helpful with our selection of security devices and other essentials and Ian did a sterling job on the handover. The van was well prepared and in very good order with any minor issues resolved without difficulty. I thank Simon and his team for their help in making the whole process a pleasure an would recommend the Reading Branch to anyone thinking of a caravan purchase.
(Reading) - Posted 1 month ago
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Because I bought my last caravan from them
Would you buy from one of our branches again? yes
A very good service ,I was very happy with all the staff and help we got from start to finish
(Oxford) - Posted 1 month ago
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Good stock of used 2 berth caravans.
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
Both salespeople Lewis and Joe, made us very welcome and we’re a pleasure to do business with and a bonus the coffee is very nice. Lewis showed us everything on the Lunar that we needed to know and we are very pleased with our purchase. Thank you JK
(Oxford) - Posted 2 months ago
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Their professionalism,
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
From purchasing our new caravan to delivery of it was fantastic, customer service is at the forefront of their operation and nothing was too much trouble. I had to delay collection of my caravan twice and Swindon Caravan were very accommodating about this. I’ll be taking my caravan back to them for servicing as they have a very professional set up. A special thanks to Lee.
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Past customer and always treated well
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
Excellent service at all points in the sale and purchase from choosing the best van to meet our needs and budget right through to collection and follow up care
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? good reviews
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
On our new touring caravan purchase we have been assisted and guided through by Lee Matthews. He made things going so smooth and easy. He is a real asset for the company. Was a nice and genuine guy and accomplished absolutely everything what he promised and he didn't just sold us "porkypies". Was a really good experience and we highly recommend SWINDON CARAVAN CENTRE for your next caravan buy.
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? I was looking for a particular caravan which I found at Swindon and right from the start I was looked after extremely well.
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
We arrived late due to the flooding in our area due to the bad weather. The Swindon Caravan team were waiting for us and we absolutely brilliant. Nothing was too much trouble and our hand over was excellent. I would certainly recommend buying a caravan from the Swindon Caravan Group.
(Swindon) - Posted 2 months ago
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Because you were the only people who could offer the model I wanted within a reasonable distance from my home
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
Hi, I had a very pleasant and welcoming experience. The people who showed me through the caravan were knowledgable and very helpful. And made the whole induction process easy. And I would just like to say that the person who replaced my light and gave me the gas nozzle for my barby was extremely helpful. Thank you very much. Peter Foster
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? They had the caravan in stock we were looking for
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
I found the service from Swindon Caravans from the start i.e. from ‘casually’ looking for a caravan to handover all first class. All the staff were extremely helpful from Steve that sold us the caravan to Dean your handover specialist – great job. I must have a special mention for Dean, nothing was too much trouble on handover, from the first email introducing himself, to the 1 ½ hours collecting the caravan on Saturday he was excellent. I work in the motortrade and do understand when you are purchasing a ‘high ticket’ item it’s all about people, you have a really good team at Swindon. We also visited Reading Caravans (part of the same group) we found the site cramped with no customer parking. The staff were less attentive, it was a challenge viewing the caravan we came down to look at.
(Swindon) - Posted 2 months ago
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Local to us and offered us a good deal on the part ex.
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
Our first time buying a caravan with them and very pleasant experience from initial contact with Steve to handover with Jack, who was very good.
(Swindon) - Posted 3 months ago
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Bester Preis, Bester Service, Super Team und Bailey Caravan Dealer.
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
Alles perfekt!!! Super Job und brillantes Team!!! Der beste Service in der Welt, believe me!
(Reading) - Posted 3 months ago