Swindon Caravans Group Reviews

84% of reviewers recommend Swindon Caravans Group

About Swindon Caravans Group: Award winning dealership selling new and second hand touring caravans. With branches in Swindon, Oxford and Reading. We cater to all your caravanning needs, from caravans sales and caravan & awning accessory shops to our workshops and aftersales service.

01793772096

tom@swindoncaravans.com

Greatfield, Royal Wootton Bassett,

How would you rate Swindon Caravans Group ?

P C0mpt0n
"The van looked fantastic the handover by Alan was relaxed and informative but I don’t think I asked the right information ie how to drain systems with winter approaching thx Akan fir fitting us in with the M40 closed on Friday. Disappointed that Bailey don’t supply Ariel leads and the shop didn’t have one so the television couldn’t be used also disappointed that the smoke alarm wasn’t checked and no batteries were in the Akarm but the Carbon monoxide alarm was working and did have batteries. Overall though very happy just minor concerns. Thanks to all at Oxford Caravans kind regards Julie and Phil"
Mr & Mrs Knott
"We brought a caravan and was still not right for us. We have now changed to another Bailey and lee was great he made it a easy change and stress free move and thank you to dean for helping us with the new bits and bobs on the new van we like the service, thank you so very much ."
Mr & Mrs Bloor
"I cannot commend Every single member of staff enough, from Sales through to despatch. Thankyou for making the whole experience truly wonderful. We are so happy with our Unicorn!"
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Good value
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"Very friendly, helpful, professional service"
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Because of the great and helpful service Alistair gave us. Thanks once again.
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"Alistair was very knowledgeable, helpful and patient and not at all pushy. Keep up the good work and I will be back for my next caravan in a few years."
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? I chose Reading Caravans as I have bought many items of camping equipment there over the years. The location is convenient and everyone there has always been helpful.
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"from the time I first saw the caravan and agreed a purchase to collecting it today was seamless. Everyone was very polite and kind and very patient showing me how things work and what to do."
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? I had purchased my last caravan from the group and was very satisfied; also their internet site was helpful in checking on the various models available.
Would you buy from one of our branches again? yes
"The staff were very friendly, informative and their time appeared to be mine. There is a comprehensive range of caravans both pre-loved and new, with the details of each caravan displayed, for ease of assessing. I must add that the staff in the on-site accessory store were equally as polite and helpful. The purchase process was simple, straightforward and the salesman very helpful; I was kept informed at every stage, which was reassuring."
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? They beat their competitors on price
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? They had the caravan we were looking for but also a great second hand selection
"Excellent customer service"
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Best selection and service
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Our 4th purchase from the group
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"This is the 4th caravan we have purchased from Reading and now Thame the service level and after sales service is always exceptional, The sales person today Alistair could not have been more helpful. We found 3 faults overlooked on the inspection and within 30 minutes the helpful mechanic had them fixed. We will recommend Thame caravans to our fellow caravaners."
"After Service very limited. Expectation is that you wait 8 to 12 weeks for items to be attended. Have problem with on of the ‘vans breaks, when trying to book it to have it resolved was told they need it for a week. OK I said assume you don't leave it until Friday to look at - looking for reassurance after having spent in access of £20,000 on a caravan. Service manager decides to go on a rant about how I should not tell him how to run the department and it was stupid to suggest they will leave it for a week. When I stated I was looking for reassurance as a customer, he argued what I had said. Did not listen to what I was saying. Simply do not listen to their customers. When I asked to speak to someone more senior was told that there was no one I could talk to! If I wanted to speak to the MD I had to put it in writing and wait for a response (slight smug tone in his voice). Most unpleasant conversation I have had in a long time. What a business and industry! Customer service levels and expectations from 20 years ago. I was informed that I could not expect the same level of customer service as when you purchase a car – they are not the same industry. Customer service is not industry dependent. Take you money and look to spend it somewhere else. Would I buy from them again No! Would I recommend them No! Will be looking to get out the caravan experience and buy a motorhome. For the shake of balance the van has been booked in for 4 weeks time."
Hi,
We're sorry that you appear unhappy with your experience at the Swindon Caravans Group. As you have chosen to remain anonymous it is difficult to comment on the review. If you would like to leave your name, the caravan and branch that this relates to then we'd be happy to look into your experience and provide comment.
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Local
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Had what I was looking for when I searched on the internet
Would you buy from one of our branches again? yes
"Just purchased ex demo Vogue 2018 swift. Delighted from start to finish with sale. Came 200 miles as I liked the reviews I read and the staff were all helpful. I do camp about a 2 hr drive away and my old 2 Berth elddis was a trade in. Had a good first offer on a trade in when I emailed and I had a reply back within 24 hrs. Alistar was a decent professional salesman and i felt i trusted him all the way. Thanks to all the staff at Oxford."
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? my local
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"This was my first experience of purchasing a caravan and i have to say that Paul was so professional and his opinion was welcomed my fears were quickly diminished he was so helpful and friendly i cannot fault any of the staff they all go that extra mile to help,Dean who explained all i need to know and learn about the van was excellent at his job Thank you to all the team.Janice"
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"Great selection of caravans. Left us alone to browse and decide what we wanted. Great handover/briefing when we picked up the new van. Really comprehensive and unhurried and quickly fixed any minor glitches we spotted - made it a great experience . The £500 vouchers were the icing on the cake!"
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Professional dealer
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"Being our first caravan, we weren’t too sure what to expect. After looking at private sales and other dealers, Reading-Swindon Caravans (Reading Branch) came as a pleasant surprise. We saw a caravan we liked and decided straight away that it was the one for us. On the day of collection, the caravan was ready and had received a full service and deep clean. We were shown around the caravan in detail and given very good advice about the systems and how to operate them. Being new to caravans, this was really helpful. The shop on the site is well stocked and competitively prices which is good as by the time we left, we had everything needed to start using it. My Grandson was even given a toy car and caravan which kept him busy. Overall, I would recommend buying a new or used caravan from Reading – Swindon Caravans for peace of mind a great service.."
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? I'd looked at your web site and you seemed to know your stuff
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"From the moment we set foot on your site at Oxford we were aware of your relaxed and unpressured approach to potential customers. Alan Conley advised on appropriate and suitable styles and weights of caravan for both our needs and towing vehicle in a very professional manner. Once we had decided on a van we would like, Alan went through the detail with us and when we explained that we could not take deliver for a month or so simply took a small deposit saying "just let us know when you'd like it!" Despite the fact we could not take deliver for another 4 weeks there was no hassle. We collected our van and were treated to Alan's most relaxed and informative hand over. We really appreciated the continuity you provided throughout the whole process and believe we have received a service that is second to none, for that we thank you. We would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone looking to purchase a caravan or associated goods and equipment your whole ethos is commendable. Many many thanks Sue & Roger Humphries"
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? The prices of the caravan was amazing
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"Friendly and happy to help with any query"
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Loacal to us
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"Made to feel very welcome and everything about our new van was explained in a professional but friendly way."
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? A friend said her purchase was also first class
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"We had all the help to enable us to make sure we bought the right van for us and our hand over was first class the shop staff we're also very helpful in buying our porch a pump up model all your staff we're first class"
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Saw caravan online
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"Guided us through buying our first caravan and helped us to select a caravan suitable for towing by our car. Provided an excellent service when we collected the van going through everything to show us how it worked. Helpful with doing any ‘hard sell’"
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? We have dealt with them in the past and had the caravan we were looking for.
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"Everyone we dealt with were a pleasure to meet, and were very professional and polite."
Swindon Caravans Group is rated 4.35 based on 193 reviews