Swindon Caravans Group Reviews

88% of reviewers recommend Swindon Caravans Group

About Swindon Caravans Group: Award winning dealership selling new and second hand touring caravans. With branches in Swindon, Oxford and Reading. We cater to all your caravanning needs, from caravans sales and caravan & awning accessory shops to our workshops and aftersales service.

01793772096

tom@swindoncaravans.com

Greatfield, Royal Wootton Bassett,

Mr & Mrs Thompson
"Everyone was polite, informative , helpful , hassle free, approachable and friendly."
Miss Bowerman & Mr Osman
"This was our first ever Caravan purchase, and I don't think we could have been luckier being close to the Swindon Caravans group. There's a massive amount on display at the Swindon site which made choosing a layout easy. Well, easier. With a large selection from three major brands across their ranges, comparing them all was easy as you could physically see them rather than interpret snazzy brochure images. What wasn't at the Swindon site was available at one of the other sites so we ended up visiting Oxford as well. A bit smaller than Swindon but still plenty to see. Nothing was too much trouble during pre-sales and after sales support has been just as good (no need to contact the workshop yet mind). Everything is just easy and hassle free - exactly what's required for newcomers and presumably existing caravan owners alike. Perfect - thank you very much!"
Mr & Mrs Moody
"Thorough and easy purchase and collection. Lewis explained everything well will great patience us being first time buyers recommend"
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Shopped there twice before
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"Very helpful with and well mannerd staff, I would recommend anyone to Swindon caravans"
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Good reputation
"We wanted to get a smaller caravan after seeing one we liked Lee the salesman told what we needed to know. He was do helpful and not pushy that we went ahead and bought it."
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Competitive prices & PX which I was prepared to travel +80 miles from home to benefit from. I also have a colleague who bought from your Oxford branch who said his experience was good.
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"Hi, our new caravan experience we had with Swindon Caravans was professional & friendly, from my first contact, agreement of PX, the deposit to secure & agreeing the collection date felt very straight forward via e-mail & a call to finalise. I asked for photographs which were kindly sent. I thought the condition of the interior & exterior of the caravan was good considering described as an ex-demo, so satisfied with the product. Was impressed with the service workshop facility at Swindon Caravans, providing after sales confidence. A battery charging issue was solved at home over the phone with "Ray", due to a failed in-line fuse at the PSU wiring - it felt like a common problem that needs addressing by Lunar. Other areas that may help others in future; a number of times I had to leave telephone messages for a callback, which I got, although I wasn't sure they were recorded. On the day of collection, obviously there's lots of practicalities to deal with, hand over was excellent & "Jack's" knowledge impressive for a younger employee, I'm not a caravan novice - but I felt overwhelmed with the amount of information as things have moved on so much with caravan technology & security in recent years, what would help - maybe a simple get started guide or crib sheet with the important facts to be able to refer back to once back on holiday or storage times."
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Venus dealer
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"We picked up our new caravan on Saturday - the hottest day of the year so far. Everyone very helpful and friendly despite the heat. In particular Jack who did the handover was full of enthusiasm and a pleasure to deal with. One light in the caravan was faulty but this was quickly rectified. Well done to all."
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? This will be the 5th New Caravan we have bought from you, had excellent service in the past. Only one minor criticism, it is difficult to telephone you, phones are really busy(good for you) not so good for the customer.
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"The sales team were very knowledgable and helpful regarding the caravans pre sale. After sale information jaws accurate. The atmosphere was great. I needed a couple of additional things on the Caravan, the workshop team likewise were technically adept and nothing was too much trouble. Finally we needed a couple of things from the shop, Viv’s team also were friendly and helpful. Overall a very good experience from The Swindon Caravan Group, many thanks."
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Competitive pricing and good reputation.
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"The price was very competitive (Lee @ sales) and the service at handover was exceptional. The demo was handled by Jack who was very thorough and helped enormously with all the little bits and pieces and my many questions. Unwanted equipment was returned in exchange for a one year credit note. All in all a good deal for everyone. Thanks to Lee and Jack and all the back-up team. Tony Gilmore (Lunar Delta TR)"
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? We had been let down by another company who did not keep their promises on delivery dates or service. We were really impressed by the friendly and professional approach of the sales staff when we visited the showroom for the first time, and subsequently. On top of all this, Swindon Caravans gave us a good deal on price.
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"We had a problem with our new caravan while on holiday in Spain. I rang Ray, the workshop manager and explained the problem. He told me not to worry as it was safe to carry on pulling the van. He told me to call in on my way home, which I did. We arrived at Swindon Caravans at 7.50 a.m. and they took my van straight into the workshop, sorted the problem out and got us away by 10 a.m. I cannot thank them enough for the prompt service they gave us. On behalf of my wife and myself I wish to thank all the workshop team who worked on my van. I would have no hesitation in recommending anyone to buy a caravan from Swindon Caravans, or to use their workshop."
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? no
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? On line advertising offering discounts
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"The salesman was knowledgeable and helpful, but not over pushy. I was a pleasure when collecting the van to find it all set up, so we could try everything out. The discount offered was very appealing."
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? The Vouge series is a good quality caravan at a good price point.
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"We were very pleased with the order process and the caravan was powered up on delivery and all elements were available to be tested, inspected and checked. All went very well. A few minor points to help improved customer satisfaction: We had a very helpful email from Sean and on arrival went to the shop reception, who sent us to the Service and Delivery building who then sent us back to the Sales building who then needed to contact the Delivery personnel. A little confusing especially as it was raining. The outside of the caravan had been cleaned, except for the roof which had sap etc. from the trees under which the caravan had been parked. I had to clean the roof of the caravan the next day to ensure that the sap was removed. While cleaning the roof it was noted that there were 4 or 5 blobs of sealant in random spots on the roof. These were focused around the solar panel fitting area and seemed to be the result of Swift personnel being careless with the glue gun. While not a huge issue the glue does attract the dirt more easily than the roof its self and over time will look less attractive. Apart from these minor issues service was excellent, especially from Sean and I would recommend Swindon Caravans for a new purchase."
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? We went to Swindon Caravans as you are local to us and you have a great range of vans to choose from.
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"Tina made buying a caravan easy and was very helpful, as were the rest of Swindon caravans team. Dean in the dispatch area was great in the handling of informing me about my caravan. And all the sales staff were happy to help get everything else we bought sorted out thanks to you all."
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Bought from them before and their service and professionalism is the best.
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"We got a fair part exchange price against a Vogue dealer special, the sales team were brilliant as usual as was the handover. We have bought caravans from other dealers in the past but Swindon is still the best. Thanks everyone."
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? price and selection
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"friendly service and helpful"
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"As a repeat customer I was pleased to see that the excellent standard of company/customer contact was as good as ever. Thank you!"
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Best price and reviews so was worth the extra distance to travel
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Previous exelent service
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"Fantastic service from Alistair in sales and from the two ladies in the spares dept."
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Heard about the service and huge stock to choose from.
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"So helpful. Nothing too much trouble. Very informative, knowledgeable. No pressure sales pitch. Able to view and ask lots of questions. Pickup our caravan today and I can't emphasis enough how helpful Steve and Dean are. Thank you and look forward to using our new swift caravan."
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Because you’re local
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"Local dealership, often call in for bits and always look at the vans available- one caught our eye and Alan, the salesman was very helpful - a very good experience - would certainly recommend you."
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Customer service
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"Paul, our sales person was great. He listened to what we wanted and through conversation worked out how we used our van. He then showed us a caravan we had previously ruled out and it turned out to be perfect. He wasn't pushy but was very knowledgeable. Then when we connected the caravan, Jack, a young guy with loads of enthusiasm, was equally impressive. Taking us through all the features of our new van and answering our every need. Fantastic service. Thoroughly recommend."
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Always deal with Alister
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"Alister at your Oxford branch is very professional and helpful making the whole experience a pleasure"
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? no
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Although we live in a Essex our friends had bought a Lunar a few weeks ago as they knew what they wanted and the deals were better at Swindon, we had gone with them to look. The van was so nice and after receiving an email offering demonstration models we took up the offer.
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"everything was ready when we arrived, the staff were all friendly and very helpful. As an experienced caravaner I knew how most things worked but young Jack was still on hand with helpful advice. There was a problem with the fridge but this was sorted quickly by the workshop people. Again the sales staff ,Steve Watts with everything to hand . made for an easy changeover. Jack also changed the gas bottles , gas and number plate."
Swindon Caravans Group is rated 4.50 based on 288 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access