Swindon Caravans Group Reviews

88% of reviewers recommend Swindon Caravans Group

About Swindon Caravans Group: Award winning dealership selling new and second hand touring caravans. With branches in Swindon, Oxford and Reading. We cater to all your caravanning needs, from caravans sales and caravan & awning accessory shops to our workshops and aftersales service.

01793772096

tom@swindoncaravans.com

Greatfield, Royal Wootton Bassett,

Mr & Mrs Thompson
"Everyone was polite, informative , helpful , hassle free, approachable and friendly."
Miss Bowerman & Mr Osman
"This was our first ever Caravan purchase, and I don't think we could have been luckier being close to the Swindon Caravans group. There's a massive amount on display at the Swindon site which made choosing a layout easy. Well, easier. With a large selection from three major brands across their ranges, comparing them all was easy as you could physically see them rather than interpret snazzy brochure images. What wasn't at the Swindon site was available at one of the other sites so we ended up visiting Oxford as well. A bit smaller than Swindon but still plenty to see. Nothing was too much trouble during pre-sales and after sales support has been just as good (no need to contact the workshop yet mind). Everything is just easy and hassle free - exactly what's required for newcomers and presumably existing caravan owners alike. Perfect - thank you very much!"
Mr & Mrs Moody
"Thorough and easy purchase and collection. Lewis explained everything well will great patience us being first time buyers recommend"
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? my nearest lunar dealer
"The caravan arrived when you said it would. Handover went smoothly. However the heating/hot water wouldn't work on our first trip. A call to the service department and I was told how to correct this. During this time I noticed that the mover cables which you installed had not been secured and were left dangling on the brake rods- not very satisfactory."
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? no
"Hand over was not positive The guy who showed us around the caravan was great but it all went downhill after that. Waited ages to see a person from the sales team, items missing from van, motor movers not fitted correctly and fitter had a bad attitude and rude. Still waiting for Lee to answer 2 emails."
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Good selections of caravans nearset to our home
Would you buy from one of our branches again? yes
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"Good selection of caravans"
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? no
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Reading was local to me and previously had been independent.
"The READING dealers were helpful and I could trust the service department. However OXFORD service department were less than helpful, I now get service from independent garage."
Are you satisfied with your choice of caravan?
"Slow to return phone enquiries, after sales poor"
Would you buy from one of our branches again?
"Very helpful sales person, Lee, at your Swindon branch who helped sort some of our many problems, when collecting our new caravan."
Would you buy from one of our branches again?
"We bought a new caravan in May, our experience was acceptable but could have been better, the staff were not great they didn't follow things up with us regarding the delivery A few minor issues once we collected the caravan but nothing that we couldn't rectify ourselves very shoddy workmanship by the manufacturers don't think we will be buying from Swindon caravans again."
Would you buy from one of our branches again?
"I think an acceptable mark in this category underlines that there were significant deficiencies in the process of delivering my new caravan. In particular the lack of communication from Swindon Caravans during the period between placing the order and delivery was annoying to say the least. This came to a head when I was not advised that the order had been delayed due to a manufacturing schedule change. This was exacerbated when I had to repeatedly chase progress and was given a different reason for the delay each time I spoke to a different person. Ultimately I had to contact the head office and threaten to withdraw my order. At this stage I eventually got a consistent response and the delivery of the van was completed. A customer who is spending substantial sums of money should always be in the communication loop without having to make repeated contact themselves. The order process was smooth and during the actual handover everything was carried out professionally and logically."
Would you buy from one of our branches again?
"When our brand new caravan - Luna Clubman SR was PDI'D it was obviously not inspected properly. The main lights are faulty. We cannot turn the main lights off or dim them allowing us to be able to leave the lower lights available for going to bed and reading. All or nothing. We are extremely disappointed. We went for a new one to eliminate things like this."
Would you buy from one of our branches again?
"Original sell was problem free, salesman answered questions reliably and advised we'd need different tow car for chosen caravan."
Would you buy from one of our branches again?
"They haven't The caravan we purchased still has a lot off faults which should have been found on the predelivery inspection. As yet we have had no feed back on the warranty work that needs doing I feel this is a very poor service by yourself or lunar caravans."
Hi Mr & Mrs Booker. Firstly many thanks for your custom and apologies for any inconvenience with regards the outstanding warranty work on your caravan. We are expecting all of the parts to be with us by the middle of May. Unfortunately we are dependent on the delivery of these parts from our supplier. If there is any way to improve the lead times then we will and we will be in touch again once all the parts have been received. I understand your caravan is OK to use in the interim and apologies once again for the inconvenience.
Swindon Caravans Group is rated 4.49 based on 283 reviews