Swindon Caravans Group Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend Swindon Caravans Group

About Swindon Caravans Group: Award winning dealership selling new and second hand touring caravans. With branches in Swindon, Oxford and Reading. We cater to all your caravanning needs, from caravans sales and caravan & awning accessory shops to our workshops and aftersales service.

01793772096

tom@swindoncaravans.com

Greatfield, Royal Wootton Bassett,

Click Here
Mr & Mrs Brown
"Swindon caravans dispatch and service team went above and beyond, collecting my caravan late Friday afternoon, when most had or were going home, they stayed, helped me with the in-rail awning and even helped sort out a problem with my tow ball on my car. The sales team were very helpfull, and even after some logistical issues the sales team helped me to get on my way as a happy customer"
Mr Deakin
"Very helpful and friendly professional service. Highly recommend"
Mr.Biggs
"They were very helpful and went through everything to ensure we purchased the right caravan for us 😀 We upgraded from Tent to Caravan we had very little knowledge of touring caravans, they were not pushy and left us to walk around the different caravans. They answered all our questions without hesitation"
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Because it is local for us and we liked the Bailey and its design.
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"Having collected our new caravan last Monday - 7th October - we went away for three nights from Thursday to today, Sunday. All went well and I think we will enjoy going away in our Bailey. Of course, it will take us a while to get familiar with all the controls and the most difficult is the control for the heating and hot water systems. Basically, I am finding it too complex because it seems to have a mind of its own. The build quality seems very good and we are impressed with its many features and its overall design. The pick-up of the caravan was not what we would have expected. Firstly, the caravan was parked at the fringe of an area, which although it was hard standing, nevertheless, it was very muddy. Consequently, in going in and out of the van to be shown its features, the caravan became very dirty. It was fortunate that the carpets had not been laid down. No attempt was made by your staff to clean the floor, and so it was the first thing I had to do when we arrived home. We felt it would have been better if the caravan had been parked at the front of your building, and not been positioned in what appeared to be a storage area. Often when having made a significant purchase, it is the little things which stand out and which can spoil the experience. For us, it was the lack of care which disappointed."
Hi Mr Hamshire,
Thanks for taking the time to review and its great to hear that you've be out enjoying your caravan. If you are struggling with some of the complexities of the controls then by all means give us a call and we can talk you through any difficulties. Better still, bring the caravan in to us and we can give you another live demonstration with our despatch team should you wish.
The collection of the caravan was made from our Despatch area and not a storage yard. Unfortunately the inclement weather has made the area a little more muddy than usual so please accept our apologies for the floors. In hindsight they should have been cleaned prior to you leaving.
Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Since Michael Jordan sold you are the closest to us
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"Sales team helpful. Person who showed us the workings of the van was very thorough When collecting van not impressed not cleaned properly green and dirty all around the windows interior passable. Having bought several caravans for over 40 years we feel this is one of the most disappointing on cleanliness having to do all again. ats didn’t work had to wait while they replaced. with this they changed without any quibbles but I feel this should have been all checked and sorted prior to us collecting. From arriving to leaving was over 21/2 hours. All staff were pleasant and helpful."
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? my nearest lunar dealer
"The caravan arrived when you said it would. Handover went smoothly. However the heating/hot water wouldn't work on our first trip. A call to the service department and I was told how to correct this. During this time I noticed that the mover cables which you installed had not been secured and were left dangling on the brake rods- not very satisfactory."
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? yes
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? no
"Hand over was not positive The guy who showed us around the caravan was great but it all went downhill after that. Waited ages to see a person from the sales team, items missing from van, motor movers not fitted correctly and fitter had a bad attitude and rude. Still waiting for Lee to answer 2 emails."
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Good selections of caravans nearset to our home
Would you recommend us to your family and friends? yes
"Good selection of caravans"
Do you intend to use us for service and warranty work? no
Why did you choose the Swindon Caravans Group? Reading was local to me and previously had been independent.
"The READING dealers were helpful and I could trust the service department. However OXFORD service department were less than helpful, I now get service from independent garage."
Are you satisfied with your choice of caravan?
"Slow to return phone enquiries, after sales poor"
Would you buy from one of our branches again?
"Very helpful sales person, Lee, at your Swindon branch who helped sort some of our many problems, when collecting our new caravan."
Would you buy from one of our branches again?
"We bought a new caravan in May, our experience was acceptable but could have been better, the staff were not great they didn't follow things up with us regarding the delivery A few minor issues once we collected the caravan but nothing that we couldn't rectify ourselves very shoddy workmanship by the manufacturers don't think we will be buying from Swindon caravans again."
Would you buy from one of our branches again?
"I think an acceptable mark in this category underlines that there were significant deficiencies in the process of delivering my new caravan. In particular the lack of communication from Swindon Caravans during the period between placing the order and delivery was annoying to say the least. This came to a head when I was not advised that the order had been delayed due to a manufacturing schedule change. This was exacerbated when I had to repeatedly chase progress and was given a different reason for the delay each time I spoke to a different person. Ultimately I had to contact the head office and threaten to withdraw my order. At this stage I eventually got a consistent response and the delivery of the van was completed. A customer who is spending substantial sums of money should always be in the communication loop without having to make repeated contact themselves. The order process was smooth and during the actual handover everything was carried out professionally and logically."
Would you buy from one of our branches again?
"When our brand new caravan - Luna Clubman SR was PDI'D it was obviously not inspected properly. The main lights are faulty. We cannot turn the main lights off or dim them allowing us to be able to leave the lower lights available for going to bed and reading. All or nothing. We are extremely disappointed. We went for a new one to eliminate things like this."
Would you buy from one of our branches again?
"Original sell was problem free, salesman answered questions reliably and advised we'd need different tow car for chosen caravan."
Would you buy from one of our branches again?
"They haven't The caravan we purchased still has a lot off faults which should have been found on the predelivery inspection. As yet we have had no feed back on the warranty work that needs doing I feel this is a very poor service by yourself or lunar caravans."
Hi Mr & Mrs Booker. Firstly many thanks for your custom and apologies for any inconvenience with regards the outstanding warranty work on your caravan. We are expecting all of the parts to be with us by the middle of May. Unfortunately we are dependent on the delivery of these parts from our supplier. If there is any way to improve the lead times then we will and we will be in touch again once all the parts have been received. I understand your caravan is OK to use in the interim and apologies once again for the inconvenience.
Swindon Caravans Group is rated 4.53 based on 333 reviews