Shiply Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend Shiply

support@shiply.com

Shiply,Floor 3, 207 Regent Street

Tell us how Shiply made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
customer service
"No point in contacting the customer support team. They offer NO help. I have been scammed out of £200 because Shiply didn’t vet the transport providers properly. Customer support offer no help and suggest seeking legal advice or calling the police. They are forcing me to take a court action against Shiply to try and recover my money."
Hi Colin,

I am very sorry that you have not had a positive experience with Shiply or your chosen transport provider and that you feel you have not received the necessary assistance from our customer support team.

We do verify and vet all of the transport providers at the point of registration before they are allowed to operate via the Shiply website.

If you would like to discuss this further please get in touch with our customer support team who would be pleased to help.

You can call us on 020 3137 2454 Monday-Friday 9am-6pm, or alternatively send us an email to support@shiply.com.

Anne
"Useless - they have no control if anything goes wrong. I lost items and shiply offered no support as they have no power."
Hi,

I am sorry that your experience with your chosen transport provider was not a positive one.

Whilst it is true that we act as a neutral venue where users and transport providers may enter into mutual agreements, we do not shun our responsibility to our users and do our best to assist in cases where incidents such as these occur.

Please contact our customer support team so we can resolve these issues.

Simon
"Bad experience as the person quote me 94 pounds and I booked 4 days before the job but on the day he told me I charge you 250. Its to bad I don't Want to come on this site again."
Hi Zahe

I am sorry that your experience was not a positive one.

You should not pay more than what you have been quoted.

Please contact our customer support team so we can find out more about your query and do our best to resolve this issue asap.

Anne
"This is a big scam, i've paid my deposit and it tooks one month of lies to discover that my car will never arrive... And the best part is that the company had use my own account to give themselves a good appreciation. I'm going to contact the police."
Hi Marie,

Anne
"I’m not happy as I paid a deposit and got no response from the company...very frustrated I had to arrange alternative driver without using your company.. I wish to get a refund on my deposit please"
Hi,

Please get in touch with our customer support team so we can get your deposit sorted out as soon as possible.

Anne
"Never pay the Transport Provider money up front. I used 'Weedazza', who wanted £ 300.00 tranfered before delivery.. He then never showed and was unconnectable. Shiply should not have this type of transport provider working for them..Shiply needs to get on top of this problem..he had done it loads of time before"
Hi Cabe,

We take these matters seriously and would encourage you to get in touch with our customer support team so we can discuss this issue further.

Anne
"Awful company with no support, the paranoia that they use in ensuring you do not get to talk unless strictly approved to delivery quotes prior accepting is shocking and extremely detrimental"
Hi issa,

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry that you feel this way, however I feel you may have misunderstood the the Shiply platform.

Shiply is an auction based platform, and therefore we do not allow users and transport providers to communicate outside of the bidding process and until a bid has been accepted.

I think you will find that this is how most auction based platforms operate, and for good reason.

If communications were open prior to accepting a quote from a transport provider there may be exchanges of personal and private information, which could potentially open the platform to fraud and unwarranted exchanges which would be unsecured.

Once a quote has been accepted you are free to communicate with your chosen transport provider as much as possible.

I hope this has clarified the issue for you.

Anne
"If you get scammed you won't receive any support whatsoever from Shiply"

Thanks for your review.

We operate a full time customer support team who are available to assist customers with any difficulties or issues that may arise.

Please contact our customer support team asap so we can discuss your issue and come to a resolution as soon as possible.

Anne
"Vehicle was stolen from courier company Auto Relay Exports, Kenneth Duffin Mark field Goes under Kenneth101"

Thanks for your review.

I am very sorry to hear to hear about this incident.

Please contact our customer support team asap so we can get this sorted for you.

Anne
"Used a courier via Shiply who broke the chair I had bought from ebay. Accepted liability and were supposed to be insured but then failed to refund even though they promised within messages. I have no comeback as Shiply allows cash in hand payment methods so I cannot get my money back apart from the deposit paid via PayPal which I have submitted a claim for. Do not pay via cash using Shiply as they do not intervene in disputes with couriers that use this site. Also will automatically give couriers positive feedback if you do not give your own feedback within a specific time frame which if you do not check emails daily you would not know. So some feedback scores for bidders will be skewed."

Anne
"(From BC, Canada) Please avoid using Shiply if at all possible. While their rates are certainly cheaper than other couriers offering car shipping, their website/bookings are incredibly misleading, and honestly not worth the extra savings. When creating a shipping booking (for a car), you need to have at least 3 days available for pickup. I made a booking well in advance, and paid a deposit on the total I was given. Their website states you will be contacted at least 24 hours before from your shipping courier. At the end of the second day with no word from anyone, I reached out to Shiply. They responded (early the next morning ~3:30am) saying they would send an urgent message to the courier. The next day (last day available for pick up), I still had not heard from anyone and continued to reach out to Shiply to no avail. They never supplied me with contact information for the company supposed to doing the shipping, never gave me notice that the shipment was not going to happen, and only got back to me after the pickup was supposed to have been completed. They said that this was not their fault, but the shipping company’s, and that my only solution was to make a new booking. While I understand that they operate as a third-party, the time in between answers was long (apparently they operate out of London) and they did not provide any assistance with making alternate arrangements, or with making a new booking. While I did receive my deposit back, I made multiple attempts (during and after pick up window) to receive the shipping companies contact information as I was wanting to contact them directly. They refused, until more than a week later, saying that they no longer had this information, (despite them saying they had contacted them for me!!). They were very clear in their messages to me that they have no liability as this agreement was between me and this transport company and they were purely a neutral venue, however they never supplied me with even the name of this company that my agreement was apparently with. Despite me asking multiple, multiple times, they did not, and the only contact I did have (Shiply) refused to come up with any solution. In the meantime, I had to make a new shipment, and pay a new deposit. AGAIN, near the end of my pickup window, I had to contact Shiply as I had not been contacted by the shipping company. Shiply responded saying that this shipment was not guaranteed and if I needed this delivered I should make alternate arrangements? What? On the website it clearly states that when you want to make your shipment, you can “Book Now”. After inputting all your contact information, addresses, and payment information, you pay your deposit, see your total price, and then your shipment shows that it has been received and says that you will hear from your shipping provider 24 hours before. At no time does this specify that this is not a guarantee, and on 2 separate occasions, Shiply failed to reach out to me before the expiration of my “scheduled” pick up dates. Once I finally heard back from the courier on my second consecutive booking, the company reached out via email (less than 24hrs before) saying that both my pick up and delivery addresses were not accessible for their trucks. While I realize this is not necessarily Shiplys fault- both of those addresses were made with my original booking with Shiply as they advertise "door to door" service. So less than a day before my pickup, I had to scramble to make alternate arrangements for both the pickup and delivery locations. Working with Shiply was a huge headache, between the misleading website, extremely unhelpful customer service, failure to deliver on their service, and huge hassle they created for me whilst in the middle of move- is why I would absolutely never recommend to work with them. Despite the lower rates, their lack of transparency, appropriate communication, and unwillingness to follow through on their services ultimately cost me significantly more money. There was much time wasted, and between the money necessary to make alternate arrangements multiple times in limited time periods, it was filled with much worry and disappointment, and was not at all worth it."
Hi,

I am sorry to hear that your experiences with your chosen transport providers were not positive and that you experienced some delays.

Unfortunately delays can occur due to reasons beyond the driver's control and these can indeed be frustrating for all parties involved.

I am glad to hear that you managed to get this sorted in the end.

If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Anne
"Falsche Versprechungen, die Kosten wären wesentlich preiswerter, da Unternehmen leere Ladefläche nutzen können..... Für zwei Motorräder von Nähe Nürnberg nach Korsika (nur die Mopeds!) wurden 4000.-- Euro veranschlagt. Die Spedition war sehr bemüht, hat auch sofort geantwortet, aber die Versprechung der Seite ist nicht in Ordnung. Sehr schade. Wieder einer, der nur absahnen will."
Hallo,

vielen Dank für Ihre Bewertung.

Es tut mir leid, dass Sie keine positive Erfahrung gemacht haben.

Bitte setzen Sie sich mit unserem Support-Team in Verbindung, damit wir Ihnen diesbezüglich weiterhelfen können.

Sie erreichen uns unter support-de@shiply.com

Beste Grüße,
Jonas
"Won't be using Shiply in future. Paid over £200 to a provider that was a fraudster. Shiply failed to inform me that they had suspended said provider the day before collection of vehicle by them was due. Left with having to chase provider for a refund as Shiply washed their hands of all responsibility. Contacting Trading Standards to discuss - appalling service. In my opinion - don't go near them..."

Anne
"My collection didn’t go due to timings not corosponding with your contracter... all a mess, I feel let down."
Hi,

I am sorry to hear that your experience with your chosen transport provider was not a positive one.

Please contact our customer support team so we can get this sorted asap.

Anne
"Paid £461 to basically have my vehicle stolen.have had to get police involved as it's not shiply policy to get involved"
Hi Garry,

Anne
"Shipley’s contractor Jacobwalters01 stole my Harley Davidson .. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY !"
Hi Mich,

I am terribly sorry to hear that your Harley Davidson has been stolen.

Please contact us urgently so we get this resolved asap.

Anne
"Probably the mosy inept delivery company I have ever used - not sure tge delivery company got their reviews- damaged my sideboard, no english - just terrible!"
Hi Mile,

Thanks for your review.

Please note Shiply are not a delivery company, we are a neutral marketplace where you can find transport providers and receive free quotes.

If you would like to leave a review for the transport provider please do so on their individual Shiply profile so you can share your experience with other users.

Anne
"This company is cheap for a reason because it could take 2 to 3 weeks for your item to be delivered. Very little contact and excuses,I would not use again because we were waiting to have the bathroom done and the builder could not complete the job."

Thanks for your review.

Please note: Shiply are not a delivery company, we are a neutral online transport marketplace where you can list jobs and receive free quotes from transport providers.

I would encourage you to leave a review on the transport providers Shiply profile so that they and other users are made aware of your experience with them.

Anne
"I will never use this company again, organised for a Transport company to pick up vehicle Job didnt get done, took my deposit. Very disapointed wasted my time waited a week no response from anyone, very misleading company would not reccomend to anyone! If you want to see honest reviews take a look further on Google. looked more into this company and they are not as reliable, people are not getting there items picked up or delivered to them especially the vehicles. NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER, I dont usually write reviews in this case i felt i needed to let people know you are better off not relying on this company for Transport services."
Hi Nikki,

I am sorry that you were let down by your chosen transport provider.

Please get in touch with us so we can get this sorted for you asap.

Please send an email to us at support-au@shiply.com

Anne
"Two terrible experiences on different eBay buys, Shiply no longer provide support when the courier pulls out of a booking, nor any means of contacting them. Used to be a good service, now appalling. Avoid at all costs."
Hi Keren,

I am sorry that your experience was not a positive one.

We do provide customer support and have a full time team of customer support operatives that are here to assist should anything go wrong.

All you have to do is get in touch with us and we'll be happy to get this sorted for you.

Shiply is rated 4.63 based on 24,216 reviews