Shiply Reviews

Difficult
Read Shiply Reviews

support@shiply.com

Shiply,Floor 3, 207 Regent Street

Tell us how Shiply made you happy
Shiply 5 star review on 19th February 2021
Shiply 5 star review on 5th February 2021
tofa18
Shiply 5 star review on 5th February 2021
duff255
Useful, but clearly don’t care about quality of their sub contractors. If so, why use Proovia?
Posted 1 hour ago
When it’s good it’s very good but when it’s bad is shocking

I’ve had 2 experiences now with 2 aggressive shippers

1 agreed dates cost etc , then shipper changed drop of date on the day , ended up leaving antique furniture damaged , on the street in the middle of the night

2 agreed price etc then rung by shipper and told that he doesn’t have insurance , so I cancelled , he has now rung me harassing me because I gave a bad review

Shipley take no responsibility for their shippers , can’t wait for Uber to start shipping

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry to hear your latest experience with Shiply was not a positive one.

We take all efforts necessary to reduce the amount of unreliable transporters on our site, and this includes a thorough vetting process, and continuous monitoring of service delivery standards.

If you are disappointed with your transport provider, please leave a review for them on their Shiply profile.

Tim
Item bought a month ago but to date has still not arrived????? Losing faith
Hi,

I am sorry to hear your recent experience with Shiply was not a positive one.

If there is anything we can do to help don't hesitate to get in touch.

Tim
Excellent idea but it didn't work for me as I am 80 and inexperienced having never used a courier before. When I was messaged by Shiply to ask my chosen courier to bring proof of his licence and insurance alarm bells rang as I thought that was their job to check before adding him to their list. I cancelled the courier and messaged Shiply explaining why and asked for my £12 deposit back. I haven't heard from them and haven't been refunded.
Hi,

I am really sorry to hear your recent experience with Shiply was not a positive one.

If you are disappointed with your transport provider, please leave a review for them on their Shiply profile to make other users aware of your experience.

Please give us a call and we'll be happy to assist with any query regarding your deposit.

Tim
The goods eventually arrived after the driver revisited the collection point 3 times !!! And didn’t understand the simple instructions.
Caused a lot of extra communication to resolve what should have been a simple Collect and delivery. Disappointing
Hi Jane,

Tim
Waited 2 weeks (my maximum allowable time) to find out the day before pickup they were going to collect between 9pm and midnight!! Absolute nonsense of a time. Spent about 2 hours trying to get through on the phone with the most annoying waiting message that predicts a wait time of 1 minute regardless of queue length (both times it was 25-35 minutes wait).
Had to rearrange pickup for 2 days later to get a reasonable time so they ultimately missed the 2 week delivery window I had. I thought going with a more independent company would give a better service but I found it very stressful and difficult. It may of been covid/NY related I don't know but I obviously don't care as I pay for a service and expect better than I received, there are no excuses and it is when things go wrong you find out how good a company/service actually is
The driver was un professional.
Spoke to the customer about prices of delivery.
Hi,

I am very sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience and that you feel this way.

This is not the standard of service we expect from transport providers.

I would suggest leaving a review for them on their individual Shiply profile so that other users may benefit from your (unfortunate) experience.

Please contact us so we can assist further with this matter.

Tim
Kinda works, but for newcomers not always. For example, once you've worked out how to edit your description to make it more accurate, you lose all your bids, then it's too late to wait for more because your deadline is approaching. It perhaps makes sense to lose all your bids but there should at least have been a warning.

The worst of it is having to pay £125 to Shiply (more than a quarter of the total bid) for doing not very much, when the courier does much more work and has more expenses.
Hi,

I am very sorry to hear that you feel this way.

Please contact us so we can assist further with this matter.

Tim
DO NOT USE IF YOU ARE TRANSFERRING BULK ITEMS.
We had a terrible experience, we were transferring over 200 items from one location to another and the service was terrible. You had to wait over 30 minutes on hold to speak to someone, sometimes when you got through the line cut off.
We placed our orders and paid and then they wanted more money out of us because they did not quote correctly their end, which was their error and they were not willing to collect our items unless we paid more.
We had to keep chasing to speak to someone to confirm pick up times and delivery it was a logistical nightmare constantly being on hold or being cut off the line. You only get this several hours before.
THE WORST PART - We provided all quantities, size, measurements on the quote and when the lorry when to collect on two occasions they sent a half full Luton lorry with other customers items to collect ours. We then had to wait another week for this to be resolved and collected, more painful phone calls and emails, which were not responded too.
THE NIGHTMARE - It didn't stop there!! We had a collection for over 200 chairs and we had 52 missing chairs, these went missing for over a week! We called constantly and they kept saying they delivered all chairs. It's only until we provided them with REG vehicle numbers and times, that one van that arrived at collection point in the evening, did not arrive at deliver with the remaining chairs. We checked all CCTV and only then a week later did our chairs miraculously appear, funny that!
It was a shocking service from start to finish and i would not use again or recommend. Please be careful, the prices are VERY CHEAP for a reason!!

Thanks for your review.

However, it should be made clear that your review is for your experience with your chosen transport provider, not Shiply.

Shiply is just the marketplace, we do not do any transporting ourselves.

Simon
Perhaps this relates only to US-based replies but my freight request MN to FL drew 3 replies none of whom would identify themselves including one with an abbreviation similar to Fed Ex and another which was your basic LTL consolidator with a database and not-to-be-believed low rates masquerading as an individual hauler. Sites like these encourage cowboys mentioned above to sign up and offer bids but apparently, some here have had successful transactions. I'm just pointing out the cruel "other side of things." If you come here instead of to the major haulers themselves you add risk to your delivery. It doesn't mean you fail. You simply increase risk by seeking a cheaper price. Only you know if the risk is worthwhile. This site isn't here to accept responsibility for anything nor should it be. It's a bulletin board/marketplace site as old as the internet itself that takes a cut of an accepted bid price then moves on to the next transaction. Period. Anyone expecting amazing customer service beyond "it's between you and the carrier" will be sadly disappointed.
Hi, Sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one. Please contact us if you would like to discuss this further. We can be contacted on 020 3137 2454 Monday-Friday 9am-6pm, or alternatively, send us an email to support@shiply.com if there are any outstanding issues. Regards Anne
OK, but the whole financial process should be held within the Shiply sphere. I do not like it that Shiply take a fee and then leave it to bank transfer. Shiply should take full responsibility, manage issues properly.
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and review.

We will take it on-board.

Anne
I was not impressed with the company you allocated my dresser to. It took exactly 1 month for me to get my dresser, the reasons I am not happy with them is 1 they made arrangements with Jenny to pick it up from the storage place in the evening and left her waiting in the cold and rain for 3 hours before they text her to say that they would not be able to fit it in the van, she was very angry with them and I totally agree with her.when I was cleaning it I found that a piece of the lip around the base of the top cupboards had been broken off, if they had given it to me I could have glued it back on. I know it wasn't damaged before because of the photos she sent me.
Hi,

Sorry to hear about this incident.

This is not the standard of service we expect registered transport providers to deliver to our customers.

Please leave feedback for them on their Shiply profile so other customers can be made aware of this incident.

Simon
The pick up driver demanded to be paid on loading the bench saw into his truck. This I did not do as Shiply had advised it was not a requirement; indeed, Shipley expressly instructed that no payment was to be made until delivery was complete. The office of the carrier was informed and they apologised.
Hi,

I am glad that you managed to get this sorted.

Thanks for your custom.

Simon
Whilst fundamentally a good idea, I would urge people to reasearch the 'company' they are considering employing. My experience was a bad one and clearly not all of the companies on this portal are as they proclaim. It's a shame that one can't therefore consider this a trusted site.
Hi,

I am very sorry to hear about this bad experience of yours.

We put all our transporters through vigorous checks before they are able to start bidding on our platform. This includes checking insurance details and contact details.

If you can contact us and give us further information about this incident we will look in to this.

Anne
I recently engaged your services, had a quote. Then a revised quote, which would have saved me some £20. Upon enquiring about the reduction - No useful help was offered. I was not very pleased. Many Thanks, Brian

Thanks for your review.

If you have accepted a quote you aren't able to then accept another. This makes the service fair for both the user and transport provider.

If users were allowed to change their minds every time a lower quote came in it would not be an efficient service for either party.

I would encourage you to allow a greater number of quotes to come in before accepting one, this way you are giving yourself a greater chance of getting the best possible price.

Simon
After 3 attempted times, piano was moved fine but by a company that had quoted less than the one I had booked. Very frustrating, should have used local man with a van who had the wheels to move a piano

Thanks for your review.

Sorry to hear that you weren't completely satisfied by your experience.

Simon
Will not be using them again.
Hi,

Sorry to hear you feel this way.

Please contact us so we can find out more.

Simon
The actual Shipley website is a very good concept and I have used Shipley very successfully on a couple of previous occasions. I have just used the service again and found the courier company to give very poor customer service, texting to confirm that my delivery was under an hour away and then advising me that they had forgotten to put my item on the van and so I consequently had to wait a further 4 days for delivery. When I texted back to say it was poor customer service nobody contacted me to acknowledge the situation or apologise. Useless.
Hi,

I am sorry that your experience was not a positive one.

This is not the standard of service we expect transporters to provide, so please accept our apologies on their behalf.

Should you need to contact us further please get in touch.

Tim
Contacted by goodfellas for a quote to move a bed frame. Price and times agreed. Goodfellas appear to also be provia. Lots of emails sent to us usually in duplicate. Let detailed instructions for delivery as was at work. Left on voice message, email
And delivery information. Driver snd mate had not been provided with this and if they did did not understand it. My neighbour who has self quarantined for months had to get involved ringing my wife to replay the instructions.
Used Shipley twice 1st time excellent this time probably easier to hire a van.
Hi,

I'm sorry your second Shiply experience wasn't as good as the first.

I'm very sorry to hear about this experience.

Please get in touch with us if there is anything you would like to discuss further.

We appreciate your custom, thanks for using Shiply.

Anne
Didn’t turn up when I had taken a day off. Poor communication. Cost me around £200 in lost time. I will not use again.
Hi Alan,

Really sorry to hear your experience left you feeling unhappy and disatisfied.

Please reach out to us to discuss the matter further.

Shiply is rated 4.60 based on 28,895 reviews