Shiply Reviews

Difficult
Read Shiply Reviews

support@shiply.com

Shiply,Floor 3, 207 Regent Street

Tell us how Shiply made you happy
Got lots of cheap quotes which increased substantially in price once I accepted them, so not great really.
No issues with Shipley - shame about the actual providers
Hi,

Glad to hear you found the Shiply platform easy and hassle-free to use.

I am sorry your experience with your chosen transport provider was not a positive one.

We can be contacted on 020 3137 2454 Monday-Friday 9am-6pm, or alternatively, send us an email to support@shiply.com if there are any outstanding issues.

Simon
The potential is great but communication was abysmal and as a consequence my delivery was 3 days late and what they don’t tell you is that it’s cash with menaces on delivery
Really lovely people to deal with. Service was a bit slow but the price was very reasonable.
On time, courteous crew but did not speak much English.
Did leave the toilet in a bad state.
Hi,

I am sorry to hear about this incident.

Please contact our support team if you would like to discuss this further.

Simon
Advise anyone using Shipley to ensure goods being collected for delivery by Shipley are well protected Although the transport costs may be difficult to beat the care taken with items transported is not always the best ie 2 single Divan Beds were brought up to Scotland they were immaculate before they were picked up but had many dirty marks by the time they were delivered and the arranged collection time was not honoured
Hi,

I am sorry to hear about this.

Please contact our support team so we can get to the bottom of this.

Simon
I would like to say a big thank you to shiply for all your efforts to help could you refund 10 pounds back in to my account please as there was a sit error when ordering first quote had to let a driver down due to camynication fult with system has to order a new drive try to get refund but driver said shiply is required to refund meny thanks in advance if you could do this please is it possible to send invoice or recites for both jobs please
Hi Rob,

Thanks for your review.

In future it is best to contact our customer support team if you wish to speak to someone about your experience or would like a refund processed.

Tim
Did what we needed within timescales agreed. Item arrived in good condition
Hi Pete,

Thanks for your review.

If you would like to discuss anything further please get in touch, we're happy to assist in every way we can.

We can be contacted on 020 3137 2454 Monday-Friday 9am-6pm, or alternatively, send us an email to support@shiply.com.

Anne
The enquiry process was easy enough, but it all fell apart after that. The courier contacted the wrong person for collection and then no contact for several days until they were chased. Then the driver arrived and wanted cash and insisted on waiting for a bank transfer to be done. This should have been made clear far earlier to save time. Generally the problem was with the courier not Shiply.
Thought I had ordered a two man delivery. Obviously not. I think it should be made clearer on the pricing initially. I would have gladly paid extra to get the micro kitchen into the house! No other complaints- just make things clearer.

Thanks for your review.

Sorry to hear that the communication from your chosen transport provider was not as good as it could have been.

I am glad that you got your kitchen delivered successfully.

Kind Regards
Simon
We were disappointed with our carrier, no masks on entering my sisters home, despite me telling them she was vulnerable because of COVID. Then when they arrived to me, I had to supply them both with a mask. Does not want us to engage their services again
Hi,

I am very sorry to hear this.

Please accept our apologies on behalf of your chosen transport provider.

Anne
Shiply successfully connected me to a transport company, but it did not do much else. It provides what it promised but I found it unreasonably expensive.
Hi,

I am very sorry to hear you feel this way.

If there is anything we can do for you please get in touch.

Tim
Okay but if you’re relying on quick pick up & drop off don’t hold your breath
Hi,

I am very sorry to hear you feel this way.

Thanks for using Shiply, we appreciate your custom.

Simon
Shiply can be trusted and puts right its mistakes. Its IT system seems very good albeit that it wont cope with different deliveries from one pick up. Shiply staff are straightforward and helpful although can be difficult to reach via email or phone. Overall Shiply does very well to ship items around the country at such reasonable cost.

Thanks for your review.

We have been unusually busy during this period of lockdown so please be patient with us when trying to get through to our support team.

Tim
Tried to contact Shipley directly by phone. Told I was number five in the queue. I waited for several minutes only to be told that there's no-one to take my call. Great delivery driver, but I would have appreciated a call as he was leaving Birmingham with an ETA. Good service, let down by poor company support.
Hi Ray,

I am sorry that you were not able to get through to our support team.

We have been busier than usual so please accept our apologies.

If you are calling about something specific to your delivery or job then it is recommended that you contact your chosen transport provider directly rather than Shiply, as we don't know what arrangements you have made with them.

Simon
Shiply service was good . But after that not so . No point in getting the best price if it takes so long to actually get delivery.
I needed a motorbike delivering. I was bombarded by every mankey white van totter under the sun! Every one of them said they had full insurance which was backed up by Shipley website information. None of this could be trusted. Even just going on the Shipley details could not be trusted. One guy who pretended to be a specialist had snapped both clutch and brake levers off a custom buell!!. Shipley would be more honest if they just said our list is open to everybody and we do no checks. But the wrap it up in the pretence that you are looked after and this is not the case. They also charge 30% to the driver, daylight robbery! It all became clear when I found out Shipley is owned by eBay and we all know how insidious they are.

In the end I found a fantastic professional and economic driver via the Shipley site but it took me a lot of correspondence with him to feel comfortable.

You will be ok if you think of Shipley as a search engine but don't for one minute think they offer any umbrella of protection or pre vetting

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry to hear your experience was not a wholly positive one.

There are however some thing I must clarify.

Firstly we are not owned by Ebay, we are an independent company.

I'm not sure what gave you that impression but if you would like to do some further research I'm sure you'll find we are not owned wholly or partially in any manner by Ebay.

We do offer our users integration with the Ebay platform (as do many others) to improve their user experience, but that doesn't mean we are owned by Ebay.

Secondly we do perform checks on all registered transport providers before they are allowed to operate on the Shiply platform.

This includes documentation checks, ID and even a facial recognition check to ensure their submitted form of ID is indeed a true likeness.

Thirdly we do not charge drivers 30%, or anything for that matter.

I appreciate your frustration but would also appreciate it if you would do some further research before posting things which are simply not true as this does us a disservice and is an inaccurate reflection of the service we offer.

Please contact our customer support team to get any further outstanding issues sorted or to voice your concerns about anything else.

Anne
Quick arrival of quotes, but let down by first two, one did not bother to reply to a question, other one said after a day he did not deliver this way.. Took 17 days to finally arrive,but well packaged and polite driver.
Hi,

I am sorry to hear your experience was not a positive one. Please contact our customer support team to get any outstanding issues sorted.

Anne
Vetting needs to be improved as I wasted valuable time waiting for a reply from someone who quoted and then would not respond.

Eventually found someone to do it but it cost me more than the cheapest quote.

Will probably use again if I'm in no hurry, but will shop around.

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry to hear your experience was not a positive one.

Response time is not correlated to our vetting process.

We have a thorough vetting process in place, but we can't control or force transporters to reply in a timely fashion.

Please contact our customer support team so we can look further into this and get this issue sorted.

Anne
Job is done but , Shiply fee is to high with loss of competitivity in case of important demand . Probably based on % , split of total rates = 25 % for Shiply and 75 % for forwarder .
Hi,

I am sorry to hear your experience was not a positive one.

Please contact our customer support team to get any outstanding issues sorted.

Shiply is rated 4.60 based on 27,590 reviews