Shepherds Friendly Reviews

of reviewers recommend Shepherds Friendly
Read Shepherds Friendly Reviews

About Shepherds Friendly:

Shepherds Friendly is one of the oldest financial mutuals in the world, with 190 years’ experience in providing families with financial security.

info@shepherds.co.uk

Shepherds Friendly 5 star review on 14th January 2020
Oumy
Shepherds Friendly 5 star review on 15th December 2019
Esther
So far so good! Very easy process.
Don't even bother if you're transgender. You will get declined in less than a day.
Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch. I want to assure you that when assessing an application, our decision is made on the basis of the medical disclosures we have been given at the point of application and are applied irrespective of gender. The gender identity of an applicant does not have an impact on the outcome of any application made with us.

I’m sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your recent experience with us, and I would encourage you to get in touch with our Member Services team if you would like to discuss your application further. Our team can be contacted on 0800 526 249 or via email at members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk.

Aidan
Happy with the service recieved my voucher as stated
All good until you decide to take your money out. Then you learn that MVR (market value reduction) is in place. Meaning that SF are going to keep some of your hard earned money (10% in my case). I'm just grateful that I didn't pay in more. Clearly if I didn't mind losing my money I would have went for stocks and shares ISA. Anyway, if you want to save your money - keep it in your back account rather than trusting these frauds.
The Shepherds Friendly Junior ISA is the most competitive savings product of its kind. It beats the high street banks and building society equivalents by a landslide. Shepherds Friendly have a very human, benevolent and trustworthy feel to their ethics, goals and strategies. This is reflective in not only their products, but also their customer service online and by telephone.

My fiancée and I are so pleased we discovered Shepherds Friendly as they have made it easy for us and our wider families to start saving for our daughter Lily’s future.

Your only regret will be that you didn’t start saving with Shepherds Friendly sooner :)
Shepherds Friendly 5 star review on 24th February 2021
Just contacted shepherds friendly for a value of my account, they have applied a "market value reduction" & taking 10% of the money I have paid in. This is daylight robbery & I am disgusted with them. STAY AWAY from these crooks. Of course I have not accepted & will seek assistance from the financial ombudsman.
BE WARNED
I found it really easy to sign up and after doing some homework found this plan the best value for money by far.
I have been unable to access my plan as you are not sending security id codes through to my mobile for me to input to access my account. You have correct mobile number
Hello,

Thank you for leaving your feedback. I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble with this, and we appreciate you getting in touch with us. I have passed your contact details on to our Member Services team, who will be more than happy to help you with this matter.

Alternately, please feel free to contact us directly on 0800 526 249 or via email at members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk

Very easy to set up.
Found Shepherds Friendly website easy to navigate & use & their life insurance cover is great value for money.
Opening an account was a buttery smooth process and took me less than 2 minutes!
I have only just opened an account and everything was very straightforward and easy to understand . I hope
To take out more plans with you
Really easy to open the junior ISA account. It's easy for family and friends to add payments to the account and it creates a nice nest egg for the children to get them started when they are 18.
It seems a well-recommended policy but I would have liked to option to have it start after 12months and not 24.
Hello,
Thank you for your comment, we always appreciate hearing feedback about our members’ experiences. If you have any questions for our Member Services team, you’re more than welcome to get in touch on 0800 526 249 or via email at members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk.
Aidan
Only just opened the SS ISA but the process was clear and transparent, hoping to see some good return in the future
Shepherd Friendly offers a wide range of products that you can invest in, I am very happy with my product, and I am looking forward to a great return on my investment.
Very helpful when trying to set up an account for my daughter, would reccomend to others.
Setting up an account for my daughter was a simple and easy process.
The online system was easy to navigate and complete. Online access is easy to use and clearly set out.
Easy to set up.
Far easier than I was expecting and a great way of saving for me
Shepherds Friendly is rated 4.66 based on 2,458 reviews