Shepherds Friendly Reviews

of reviewers recommend Shepherds Friendly
Read Shepherds Friendly Reviews

About Shepherds Friendly:

Shepherds Friendly is one of the oldest financial mutuals in the world, with 190 years’ experience in providing families with financial security.

info@shepherds.co.uk

Shepherds Friendly 5 star review on 14th January 2020
Oumy
Shepherds Friendly 5 star review on 15th December 2019
Esther
Took 3 child tax free savings accounts out for my grandchildren. 1 via Top Cashback and 2 through the Shepherds Friendly website which offered £30 M&S vouchers for new accounts. Top Cashback reward declined and still no sign of M&S cards over 6 months later. With so many similar plans, it is these rewards that swing customers towards your products. To then decline or fail to pay these rewards is underhand and gives me little faith in the honesty of this company. Initially had a response saying to chase Top Cashback which I did, and they have been very helpful, but now cannot reply to the person who initially replied. Hopefully the savings plans pay out when due, although at this time I am considering closing them and opening others with more reputable companies.
Fairly easy to open a new account and then I opened a new ISA on the recommendation of my union.
Good savings for kids future
Very easy to set up
Really easy to set up a child’s savings account and easy to manage!
Its a good think to save money for baby
Excellent easy to follow process
I just open an account with shepherd friendly. I do not feel confident online banking. I have been phoned them for help. good customer service they are friendly and competent, professional and kind. Lucy G
Good product and a sustainable policy. Fairly transparent and reasonably straightforward to open.
Good so far no issues and i problems. Great way to save money for baby
I find this company extremely helpful from my recent telephonic conversation. They explain all their products in detail on their web site...giving you sometimes answers to question you may not even thought about, giving you enough information to decide if it's the right product for you. The risk factor is also explained well. The only slightly negative issue I have is trying to contact a specific person within the company...it might be easier contacting an agent from MI5.
Recently applied for this plan but really simple straightforward quick application process, including setting up direct debit. Too early to comment on returns I may get.
Very easy to open the account, process has been seamless.
Easy to set up. I have been searching for good deals. This offer is the best (I think any way).
As far as applying for and gaining a savings account I have not been with Shepherds Friendly very long,but it was recommended and easy to complete the paperwork online.
Nice & easy process to open my ISA. Happy to recommend.
What an inefficient Organisation this is and totally lacks customer care. It has taken me months and months to get someone to listen to me and send out a statement for a policy I have been paying for. What a shambles, sorry I have ever invested with them.
Hi, Thank you for leaving your feedback, I’m sorry to hear that it took so long for you to receive your plan statement. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused, as it is our priority to ensure all of our members have as much access to their plan as they need. If you would like to speak to anyone about this matter, or anything else, feel free to get in contact with our Member Services team on 0800 526 249 or via email at members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk. Kind Regards, Aidan
I found the website straightforward and the information I required easily accessible.
Easy to set up
It's all fine until you actually want your cash!. Online you cannot withdraw, when you call by phone you are told to email. When you email, you don't get a response. I emailed 11th April, and again 20th May and have no responses. It's just frustrating and so old-fashioned. When someone finally gets in touch, I will withdraw my cash and close my account and open an ISA with a more responsive company.
Hi, Thank you for leaving your feedback. I’m sorry to hear you have found it difficult to get in touch with us, we always prioritise getting back to our members as soon as we can to help you with any queries you might have. I have passed on your details to our Member Services team, who will be contacting you as soon as possible. If you would like to get in touch before then, you can get in touch on 0800 526 249 or via email at members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk. Kind Regards, Aidan
Shepherds Friendly is rated 4.66 based on 2,490 reviews