Shepherds Friendly Reviews

Postal Service, Own Driver
customer service
Read Shepherds Friendly Reviews

About Shepherds Friendly:

Shepherds Friendly is one of the oldest financial mutuals in the world, with 190 years’ experience in providing families with financial security.

info@shepherds.co.uk

Haw Bank House,High Street,Cheadle,Cheshire

Tell us how Shepherds Friendly made you happy
Do not use this company for income protection under any circumstances! This company has left my family destitute. We now face being made homeless! Stay well clear! Utterly disgusting the way they have acted!
Hello Nicola,

Thank you for getting in touch. I would like to help with the feedback you have provided us but I will need some more details to locate your plan with us. To provide this please get in touch with our Member Services Team on 0161 428 1212 or by email at info@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk.

Many thanks,
Libbi
Shocking. Opened a plan assuming I could pay into it immediately. Not the case! Apparently you need to wait for an email confirming the plan is open. OK they have to do some checking, but 2 weeks later still no email. The ONLY contact I've had is an email asking me to rate their service! Well....I just have. UPDATE: Having clicked through the email and written the review above, I posted it using the "Submit as Anonymous" button .... note it says anonymous. A couple of hours later I received a call from Shepherds Friendly... "About the review you just left concerning our service..." What!!! Which bit of "Submit as Anonymous" am I misunderstanding? The caller, pleasant as she was, then suggested that I might like to make a payment there and then. Errr....let me think about that for while whilst I consider the trust issues raised here. I'm now promised a email which will address my "concerns". Looking forwarded to that one!
Policy set up and ran smoothly for first year. Had 5 years without a single day off but got really ill in February so made first claim for 5 weeks. In October had an issue with my knee. As soon as they realised a lengthy claim was coming started digging as deep as possible through my situation to find away out of paying by manipulating the fact I was self employed and had other family members working with me but not employed by me. End result rejected my claim, forced to work injured and closed the policy. If there is any way out of paying they will find it. Make sure everything is water tight and you have everything to back it up especially if you run your own business. Could have easily made a part payment as I could clearly prove my own loss of wages. Most likely end up as a long drawn out court case which non of us have the time or energy for.
Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch with us and bringing your recent experience to our attention. Should you wish to discuss your review with us in further details, please get in touch with our Member Services Team on 0161 428 1212 or by sending them an email on members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk

Libbi
Avoid at all costs! My mother who is 61 took out a policy for income protection - She claimed a year after the policy was taken out as she is not well. They honoured the claim for 3 months then just stopped. They have no grounds to stop paying, they are using clauses which are not applicable. my mother was fit and working when the policy was taken out - and has proof! They are claiming she was not- with NO proof and will not take into accounts and proof! She paid for a-policy she can not claim from and now left in a place where she cannot take out another policy as she is unable to work! I am taking this to the authorities! Very unfair!
Straightforward n very easy
By giving me the best interest rate. A great home for my savings!
Hi Lind,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your experience with us. We are delighted you have chosen to share a picture of yourself with us. It’s really nice to meet you, welcome to the Shepherds Friendly family, it’s great to have you on board! We look forward to seeing and hearing more from you in the future.

Lyba
After doing further research I found that other organisations’ JISAs offered better value for money in terms of fees. I tried to cancel the account within a month and received a letter saying this was not possible. This is contrary to the accounts terms and conditions. I am in the process of transferring the JISA elsewhere.
Hello Isabel, thank you for taking the time to review Shepherds Friendly. I have forwarded your query on to our Member Services Team, who will be in contact today to answer any questions you have. If you need to contact us in the meantime, our phone number is 0800 526 249, or you can email us at members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk. Many thanks, Kevin
I was told I was going to get a following email with me account details and that's didn't come through.
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to review Shepherds Friendly. We value our Members feedback, I am sorry to hear you haven’t received your Welcome pack. I have tried to contact you by telephone this morning to try and find out why our e-mail may not have reached you.

To ensure you do receive your Welcome pack I have posted a copy today. Our Members experience is really important to us, if you would like to get in touch, you can contact me on 0161 428 1212.

Many thanks
Heather
as a non profit organisation one would expect better life cover not the same as main stream insurance companies, so where does the profits go certainly not to members, admin cost are much less as well???? no answers as usual no doubt
Thank you for taking the time to review Shepherds Friendly. We take all member feedback seriously, and I have tried to contact you by telephone this morning to discuss your review.

If you would like to get in touch with me on 0161 482 1212 I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about your plan. Alternatively you can email us at members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk.

Many thanks

Heather
Easy to apply for product
No way of seeing my account I'll be closing it as soon as I can find a phone number. It's like having an account with a ghost
Excellent service and communication. Look forward to a good and prosperous partnership. Quidco cashback offer is one not to miss. Gary
I think that that it’s a great service, however could be made better with a slightly more user friendly website site.
easy to do and well explained and details sent through, so you were not waiting for items
I have made 3 payments amounting to £75 and have not received my echo dot.
Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch with us and letting us know about your recent experience. We would like to look into this for you as we don’t offer the Echo Dot when you open a plan with us. Please could I ask you to contact our Member Service team on 0161 428 1212 so they can help resolve this.

Lyba
VERY GOOD
Really great service so quick and easy to set up. :)
Ok. Good ease. Of use but basic
Very easy to complete form online
Easy to use website and lots of good communications via email throughout the process. Would recommend.
Shepherds Friendly is rated 4.69 based on 1,920 reviews