Shepherds Friendly Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Shepherds Friendly

About Shepherds Friendly: Shepherds Friendly is one of the oldest financial mutuals in the world, with 190 years’ experience in providing families with financial security.

info@shepherds.co.uk

Haw Bank House,High Street,Cheadle,Cheshire

Tell us how Shepherds Friendly made you happy

Postal Service, Own Driver
customer service
Magdalena
"Easy to use and manage account and website. Will recomend if you care about future of your child."
Natalie
"I found setting up the account so simple and the benefits of doing so are brilliant! I’m so glad to have stumbled across this amazing opportunity to save for my child’s future - thank you!"
"The value is not in the "Advertising & Marketing" the value is in the safety, return and confidence in your investment, with Shepherds Friendly. Once a member regular updates and opportunities are offered and advised. Our decision to join Shepherds is one we are very happy with."
"Shocking. Opened a plan assuming I could pay into it immediately. Not the case! Apparently you need to wait for an email confirming the plan is open. OK they have to do some checking, but 2 weeks later still no email. The ONLY contact I've had is an email asking me to rate their service! Well....I just have. UPDATE: Having clicked through the email and written the review above, I posted it using the "Submit as Anonymous" button .... note it says anonymous. A couple of hours later I received a call from Shepherds Friendly... "About the review you just left concerning our service..." What!!! Which bit of "Submit as Anonymous" am I misunderstanding? The caller, pleasant as she was, then suggested that I might like to make a payment there and then. Errr....let me think about that for while whilst I consider the trust issues raised here. I'm now promised a email which will address my "concerns". Looking forwarded to that one!"
"By giving me the best interest rate. A great home for my savings!"
Hi Lind,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your experience with us. We are delighted you have chosen to share a picture of yourself with us. It’s really nice to meet you, welcome to the Shepherds Friendly family, it’s great to have you on board! We look forward to seeing and hearing more from you in the future.

Lyba
"After doing further research I found that other organisations’ JISAs offered better value for money in terms of fees. I tried to cancel the account within a month and received a letter saying this was not possible. This is contrary to the accounts terms and conditions. I am in the process of transferring the JISA elsewhere."
Hello Isabel, thank you for taking the time to review Shepherds Friendly. I have forwarded your query on to our Member Services Team, who will be in contact today to answer any questions you have. If you need to contact us in the meantime, our phone number is 0800 526 249, or you can email us at members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk. Many thanks, Kevin
"I was told I was going to get a following email with me account details and that's didn't come through."
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to review Shepherds Friendly. We value our Members feedback, I am sorry to hear you haven’t received your Welcome pack. I have tried to contact you by telephone this morning to try and find out why our e-mail may not have reached you.

To ensure you do receive your Welcome pack I have posted a copy today. Our Members experience is really important to us, if you would like to get in touch, you can contact me on 0161 428 1212.

Heather
"as a non profit organisation one would expect better life cover not the same as main stream insurance companies, so where does the profits go certainly not to members, admin cost are much less as well???? no answers as usual no doubt"
Thank you for taking the time to review Shepherds Friendly. We take all member feedback seriously, and I have tried to contact you by telephone this morning to discuss your review.

If you would like to get in touch with me on 0161 482 1212 I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about your plan. Alternatively you can email us at members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk.

Heather
"No way of seeing my account I'll be closing it as soon as I can find a phone number. It's like having an account with a ghost"
"Excellent service and communication. Look forward to a good and prosperous partnership. Quidco cashback offer is one not to miss. Gary"
"Do not use this company for income protection under any circumstances! This company has left my family destitute. We now face being made homeless! Stay well clear! Utterly disgusting the way they have acted!"
Hello Nicola,

Thank you for getting in touch. I would like to help with the feedback you have provided us but I will need some more details to locate your plan with us. To provide this please get in touch with our Member Services Team on 0161 428 1212 or by email at info@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk.

Libbi
"I opened up an Over 50's plan. Absolutely no problem. About 10 days later I receive a phone call from WHAT I CAN ONLY DESCRIBE as THE MOST ARRGANT AND RUDE LITTLE NOBODY of a customer services representative saying there was an issue with my direct debit instructions. I was asked to repeat them which I did AND they were correct. I was then ASKED for proof that the account belonged to me in what I can only describe as the WORST POSSIBLE MANNER I've ever experienced. WHAT ANNOYED me most was when upon checking my online banking LO & BEHOLD the direct debit was set up. When I told her this she called me a liar. AVOID THIS COMPANY at all costs. There staff are HORRIBLE ARROGANT RUDE PEOPLE."
Hello,
Thank you for bringing your recent experience to our attention. Here at Shepherds Friendly we work hard to put our members at the heart of everything we do and always aim for a positive outcome when talking to our members. However, on this occasion it appears we have fallen short of your expectations, we apologise for this and I will look into this matter further.

Libbi
"Therebly experience I was trusted them about cover if something happen I and my family will secure. And yes you are when you pay and not claim. After 1.5 years of pays in time was direct debit, I got injured of my knee, need surgery so good I got insurance for that I went to surgery applied for claim and looks they said wasn't accepted because my knee was physiotherapy 3 years ago and can't be indirectly case. Of course I was told them before of that but I wasn't sick I wasn't injured so they don't care. They was on claim. Right now they let me down and I didn't have money that was they promise. So just be careful"
"Shepherds Friendly offers one of the best ISA packages on the market. The entire process is easy and straightforward, while the webpage provides a plethora of information that eases decision making."
"Clear explanation of policy. Easy to complete paperwork to set up the policy. Good service so far."
"Opened the ISA because of a cashback incentive. The purchase is not showing in my cashback account and this is, apparently, because Shephers Friendly have failed to sort out internal processes properly. Not off to a great start, but hoping managing the ISA is a better experience."
Hello Alan, thank you for your feedback. I will look into this matter for you and organise for our Member Services Team to contact you with an update on your cashback incentive.

Libbi
"IT said i ll receive £30 love2shop voucher once i open account with Shepherds friendly but unfortunately havent got none."
Hi Simona,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
I am glad our Member Services Team was able to get in touch with you to help resolve this.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact our Member Services Team by giving them a call on 0161 428 1212 or emailing them at members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk

Lyba
"Very easy to set up took me a matter of minutes very easy to understand"
"I always paid regularly, but when I then worked on the ovaries and I could not work for two months they left me and I did not get my money back"
Hello,
Thank you for getting in touch. We would like to help you with your review; the best way to do this is to get in touch with our Member Services Team on 0161 428 1212 or by email info@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk

We look forward to hearing from you.

Val
"On 2 occasions I have decided to save with Shepherd''s Friendly Society purely because they were offering good cashbook deals via TopCashback. Up tillthen I'd never heard of them. On the first occasion they claimed that to get the cash back I had to have invested £5K, not merely £3K.and they declined to pay cash back - although, in all fairness, they did indicate they wuld pay a lesser amount if I told TopCashback. I have tried but without success. Stupidly, I have now taken out a new ISA with them, again because of promised cash back....but, surprise surprise, it''s not showing up on TopCashback! - On top of that I received an email from them giving full details of another client''s address!!! - Someone senior (?) at Shepherd''s wrote back quickly and said that matter would be dealt with!!! I would NOT want my details sent to anyone else, would you? They also insist on sending a new security code very time I want to look at my account, which is very iritating...not least because apparently NO interest has been registered on my money for 7 months anyway. It''s probably the "way that they work", but me, I am NOT impressed."
Hello,
Thank you for getting in touch with us about your recent plan purchase and for speaking to our Member Services Team. We hope we have answered your questions and that your cashback query is settled soon. We will continue to monitor this and follow it up with you shortly.

Should you need to speak to us in the meantime, please do get in touch by phone on 0161 428 1212 or email info@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk.

Val
"Did not receive a welcome pack and when I did log in it logged me into someone else's account. This was solved quite quickly but shouldn't have occurred in the first place and does not fill you with confidence."
Hi Andrew, thank you for leaving your review.

We take data protection seriously and are committed to managing and protecting members’ data appropriately, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We ensure that there are clear processes and procedures in place to help protect personal data we hold.

A thorough investigation has been carried out, with additional training administered and processes audited to ensure we offer our members the highest levels of security possible when it comes to their personal data.

We are aware that this has been resolved, but if you have any additional feedback or questions then please don’t hesitate to contact us at members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk or on 0161 428 1212.

Max