Shepherds Friendly Reviews

of reviewers recommend Shepherds Friendly
Read Shepherds Friendly Reviews

About Shepherds Friendly:

Shepherds Friendly is one of the oldest financial mutuals in the world, with 190 years’ experience in providing families with financial security.

info@shepherds.co.uk

Haw Bank House,High Street,Cheadle,Cheshire

Tell us how Shepherds Friendly made you happy
Good customer service and generally a reliable low risk investment choice with very modest returns. However I am not keen on the MVR that has been disproportionately applied (10% )without providing any performance related information. As a member I disappointed that I am not able to withdraw my full balance.
Tried emailing to withdraw my money but they failed to make contact, also it’s impossible to withdraw money without talking to them
Hello, thank you for taking to the time to share your experience at Shepherds Friendly with us. We always want to hear feedback from our members and to help solve any problems you may have encountered. If you would like to discuss this matter further, you can contact our Member Services team on 0800 526 249 or via email at members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk. Kind Regards, Aidan.
cashback did not show correctly, felt cheated.
Hi Liang,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I’ve asked someone from our Member Services team to get in touch with you to help with your cashback query.

In the meantime if there’s anything else we can assist with, please contact our Member Services team on members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk or on 0800 526 249.

Lyba
They told me I would receive a love to shop voucher which I haven’t , and I can’t see how much I’ve saved in the account so not very clear for me
Hi Gabriella,

Thank you for leaving us a review. You should receive your Love2shop voucher within 30 days of having made your first payment into the plan.

Someone from our Member Services Team will be in touch shortly to speak to you about this and to help you with any problems you may be having with online access to your plan.

If you have any further questions or there’s anything else we can help with, please feel free to email the team on members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk

Lyba
I have taken out a life insurance but to date I have not received any paperwork with account number etc, The only reason I know I was excepted was due to my bank informing me of the standing order. Very poor start by Shepherds Friendly. Hopefully I will receive the required paperwork in the foreseeable future,
It's been about 2 weeks and still no decision on my application. Got one email asking some questions about a very insignificant (in the grand scene of things) medical issues and not another word. Will look for another provider.
Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch with us and bringing your recent experience to our attention.

We aim to make every experience with us as simple as possible and on this occasion we have not met your expectations, and we apologise for this. We would like to look into this further and help you. Please could you contact our Member Services team on 0161 428 1212 so they can help resolve any questions you might have.

Lyba
Cant log online after registering
Hi Lorna,

Thank you for leaving us a review and bringing this to our attention. Our Member Services Team will be in touch with you shortly to help you with accessing your online account.

In the meantime if there’s anything else we can help with, please feel free to get in touch with our Member Services Team by calling them on 0161 428 1212 or emailing them on members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk

Lyba
Opened the ISA because of a cashback incentive. The purchase is not showing in my cashback account and this is, apparently, because Shephers Friendly have failed to sort out internal processes properly. Not off to a great start, but hoping managing the ISA is a better experience.
Hello Alan, thank you for your feedback. I will look into this matter for you and organise for our Member Services Team to contact you with an update on your cashback incentive.

Many thanks
Libbi
I wrote an email enquiring about a confirmation email for the account I opened. I never received a reply and I'm still awaiting confirmation if the account is even opened.
Hi Zanania,

Thank you for leaving us a review. Our Member Services Team has been trying to get in touch with you, but unfortunately they have been unable to. We have re-sent your Welcome Pack by email and I would recommend checking your Junk/Spam inbox, just in case. If you still don’t receive it, please feel free to get in touch with us on 0161 428 1212 or by email at members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk so we can help further.

Hi Zanania,

Lyba
I have had my cashback from this provider rejected
I cant find the relevant info to enable me to set up my online account
Its a bit disappointing really
Hi Peter,

Thank you for taking time out to leave us feedback. We are currently investigating your cashback and will be in touch with you regarding this soon.

In the meantime, our Member Services Team will contact you to help you register online for Your Account.

Lyba
I have still not received an email for my plan documents/number, having applied for the stocks & shares ISA 3 weeks ago, so am unable to register my account online. Despite this money has still been taken out of my account.
Hi Ben,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Apologies for the delay in sending over your plan documents. Our Member Services Team has been trying to contact you, however, they have not been able to get in touch. Occasionally, our emails can get stuck in junk/spam filters, so we ask our members to check they’re not hidden away there first. In the meantime I will organise for your Welcome Pack to be sent by post and it should be with you soon.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please give our Member Services Team a call on 0161 428 1212 or you can send them an email at members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk.

Lyba
Still waiting for welcome pack two weeks after making on line application. Have had to call the office; staff very pleasant and I am told it will arrive shortly. Not a very promising start
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and apologies for the delay in sending over your plan documents. Occasionally, our emails get stuck in junk/spam filters, can I please ask you to make sure you they’re not hidden away there.

If there’s anything else we can do to help while you wait for your Welcome Pack or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Member Services Team on 0161 428 1212 or send an email to members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk.

Lyba
there appears to be a problem with sending documentation by email, twice requested but not sent, then asked for documentation by post which was sent. other emails from the company were received so not a problem at my end. otherwise ok but do ask for documentation by post
Hello Mr Austin,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m glad you have now received your plan documents and I’m sorry it took a little longer that expected.

Our Member Services Team has been trying to contact you to see if there’s anything else we can do to help, however, they have not been able to get in touch with you. If you have an questions or if there is anything else we can help you with, please call 0161 428 1212 or you can send an email to members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk.

Only just started x
Applying on line was easy. Am still waiting for welcome email and pack telling me how to access my product. Disappointed to say the least, hoping Service gets better
Hi Nick,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Our Member Services Team has been trying to contact you, however they have not been able to get in touch with you. Your Welcome Pack has been resent by post and should be with you soon.

If there is anything else we can help you with please give our Member Services Team a call on 0161 428 1212 or you can send them an email at members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk.

Lyba
On 2 occasions I have decided to save with Shepherd''s Friendly Society purely because they were offering good cashbook deals via TopCashback. Up tillthen I'd never heard of them. On the first occasion they claimed that to get the cash back I had to have invested £5K, not merely £3K.and they declined to pay cash back - although, in all fairness, they did indicate they wuld pay a lesser amount if I told TopCashback. I have tried but without success. Stupidly, I have now taken out a new ISA with them, again because of promised cash back....but, surprise surprise, it''s not showing up on TopCashback! - On top of that I received an email from them giving full details of another client''s address!!! - Someone senior (?) at Shepherd''s wrote back quickly and said that matter would be dealt with!!! I would NOT want my details sent to anyone else, would you?
They also insist on sending a new security code very time I want to look at my account, which is very iritating...not least because apparently NO interest has been registered on my money for 7 months anyway. It''s probably the "way that they work", but me, I am NOT impressed.
Hello,
Thank you for getting in touch with us about your recent plan purchase and for speaking to our Member Services Team. We hope we have answered your questions and that your cashback query is settled soon. We will continue to monitor this and follow it up with you shortly.

Should you need to speak to us in the meantime, please do get in touch by phone on 0161 428 1212 or email info@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk.

Many thanks,
Val
Online registration of a policy was not so easy, didn't receive any info on welcome email.

To activate online dashboard have to wait for the code sent via post!
Hello Santhosh,

Thank you for your review.

I’m pleased we have been able to get in contact with you to talk further about your comments. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0161 428 1212, or by emailing members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk.

Liam
After doing further research I found that other organisations’ JISAs offered better value for money in terms of fees. I tried to cancel the account within a month and received a letter saying this was not possible. This is contrary to the accounts terms and conditions. I am in the process of transferring the JISA elsewhere.
Hello Isabel, thank you for taking the time to review Shepherds Friendly. I have forwarded your query on to our Member Services Team, who will be in contact today to answer any questions you have. If you need to contact us in the meantime, our phone number is 0800 526 249, or you can email us at members@shepherdsfriendly.co.uk. Many thanks, Kevin
Only little things. I never received the £30 love to shop vouchers for opening the account. I received a courtesy call last week but I was driving so she said she would phone back on Friday. I never received the call so still have had no contact from anyone other than via email.
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We pride ourselves on our members' experience and I am pleased I have been able to contact you this morning over the phone, to answer any questions you have in relation to your Junior ISA. I’d like to thank you once again for choosing Shepherds Friendly.

Best wishes
Heather
opened due to cash back offer which was then rejected
Thank you for your review, we welcome all feedback. Shepherds Friendly is a modern mutual organisation and our primary duty is to our membership, we value your business and will always endeavour to put our members at the heart of everything we do
Shepherds Friendly is rated 4.67 based on 2,403 reviews