Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
I found the staff very helpful and very kind they all new what they were doing
Hi Helen, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
Absolutely brilliant staff. Im Very happy with the service.
Hi David, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
I have always had very good service and will continue to come to Scrivens.
Hi, thank you for the excellent review! We’re so happy that your visit went so smoothly.
Two pairs of varifocals came with what seems to be the wrong prescription are are being changed. the branch I use (Chapel) seems to have outdated equipment compared to other opticians.
Absolutely brilliant staff. So very patient and knowledgable . Always make sure my visit , is a happy and straight forward one. I have a lot of time for the staff that look after me here. Very lovely people.
Hi, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
Always a very personalised experience with professional and friendly staff taking lots of care to meet individual requirements. Very happy with the service
Hi, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
All staffed friendly and always helpful when you are chosenig your glasses.😀
Hi June, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
This review is based on the Opticial appointment in Royston. I had an appointment for a routine eye test and saw one Optician who I didn't know. The results weren't too good and I was prescribed two pairs of glasses...one reading and one long distance. I decided the long distance ones made no difference with or without. They very kindly booked another appointment with Devan (not sure if Ive spelt his name right). He was excellent and realised the long distance ones had been prescribed in error. This may have been due to the test while wearing a mask and the lenses constantly steaming up. He reorganised a refund and adapted the reading glasses also, which are now amazing. So thank you for the courtesy and care shown and expertise shown by Devan.
Hi Linda, thank you for your wonderful review! We're delighted to hear you are happy with your new glasses. We’ll pass your comments onto your local branch, and we look forward to assisting you again in future.
Excellent service from the friendly professional optician staff making you feel at ease and safe ensuring you receive the best optical care and advice required to meet your needs throughout,ensuring all safe measures were in place to keep us safe at all times during the appointment.
Hi Angela, thank you for the excellent review! We’re so happy that your visit went so smoothly.
Friendly staff and great service
Hi Sarah, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
kind and caring eye check ups , good helpful advice at all times !
Hi Pauline, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
I returned to Scrivens for a second opinion after a diagnosis for rapidly advancing cataracts and was given a very thorough and highly professional private eye examination as Scrivens were not my primary optician. However they are now! Excellent service and I am pleased to return to them again after a gap of a few years. The Tonbridge branch is outstanding! Thank you KR
Hi Keith, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our branch in Tonbridge.
Absolutely first rate testing care and attention along with friendly helpful staff Could not recommend more highly
Hi Charleses, thank you for the excellent review! We’re so happy that your visit went so smoothly.
Brilliant as always
Hi Bobby, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
curtious ,kind and considerate
Hi Rachel, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
From the very pleasant receptionist through to Grace, the audiologist, everyone could not have been more helpful. I felt that getting hearing aids was a sign of getting old whereas with Grace's advice I actually feel younger now being able to participate in group conversations.
Hi Michael, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
I had been with Westgate opticians Peterborough for 40yrs and no complaints,today I went into scrivens who I believe took over, as I had broken the arm of my specs,to be told as I knew anyway, that it could not be fixed,I asked if the lens could be put into a new frame,No they dont do a frame to fit that lens she said,my complaint is the way she reacted,she then went on to say I had bought them at westgate not there,in the end i have had to purchase a new pair of glasses and was told it would be 2weeks as its busy around easter,I have never had any problem with any staff in westgate or scrivens, today as changed my view,she was not at all helpful,I felt like I should walk out but I do need my glasses.
Hi, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
I found that there was not time to aks questions. I have struggled with hearing appliances and am not getting much benefit from them. I received a letter to complete a questionaire and have struggled to find the site to complete it.
Hi, thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
Spent £300 on a new pair of varifocals that I can't get to focus for me. They tried again but just as bad 2nd time. Not happy....the staff are friendly but the product isn't good at all.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.55 based on 3,217 reviews