Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
Today I went to the Hawthorn Road Kingstanding Branch for a 3 year hearing and hearing aid check ref P00069/3rd NHS Your technician was really helpful, she fully explained how my hearing was to be tested, and how results were affecting my hearing using the data collated on her laptop. We discussed the problems I had been having with my current hearing aids, and how she could improve them. The adjustments made resulted in a big improvement, I am very grateful to your Technician who's is a credit to your company.
(Hawthorn Road) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi James, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
11/10, top marks - Maidenhead branch - top notch team, brilliant sensible reliable service, great professional advice, smiles and a good sense of humour. Went in for an early review on my prescription reading glasses - minor change to prescription - almost immediately with new glasses the eye strain and headaches went away. This time I opted for Zeiss lens, they're brilliant and would use them again.
(Maidenhead) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Loza, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our branch in Maidenhead.
Being on Universal Credit in these lean times I was dreading having to buy new glasses as they can be very expensive. My eye test had been free but I was unsure if I was entitled to discounted specs. Rather than price-gouge like most businesses these days, the ladies at Scrivens Havant were quick to point out that a voucher entitled me to free frames and lenses and I would only have to pay for any coatings. They were friendly, customer-focussed and contacted me as promised when my glasses were ready. Great service.
(Havant) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Alex, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
I've been coming to Scrivens for 30 years now, and stay with them because of the very friendly and extremely professional staff team in Market Deeping. Service is excellent, appointments are prompt, and ongoing care always spot on. A very big thank you.
(Market Deeping) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Linda, thank you for your wonderful review! We’ll pass your comments onto your local branch, and we look forward to assisting you again in future.
Poor service, didn’t answer phone had to pester to get refund as they didn’t do what I asked for
Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
Excellent customer service
Hi Carol, thank you for the excellent review! We’re so happy that your visit went so smoothly.
I visited the Barnsley branch a couple of times recently. Very pleased with the service I received. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff with the bonus of no pushy upselling. Would highly recommended them
(Barnsley) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi David, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
I'm really happy Scrivens opticians. They are very polite and cheerily ful too always they help you choose your glasses too. It's the best opticians I've ever had.
Hi Dawn, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
Professional very friendly Made welcome no matter how busy 🙂
Hi Steve, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
Very happy with my recent experience at Penistone store. Rachael has cared for my eyes for many years now always first class. Serena very professional, friendly and extremely helpful. Thanks to all,
(Penistone) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Christine, thank you for your wonderful review! We’ll pass your comments onto your local branch, and we look forward to assisting you again in future.
Have use this branch before and always had the most professional service..with a professional and attentive staff. I could not see any reason to change suppliers.
Hi, thank you for the excellent review! We’re so happy that your visit went so smoothly.
Been going there for years. Before it was Scrivens. Always very professional and helpful. Reception staff always friendly and welcoming. Years ago when I lost my specs on holiday (they’re at the bottom of a Canadian lake somewhere!) they were extremely helpful with proof of purchase etc.
Hi Janet, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
Very good service and straightforward and i would recomend scrivens to my friends.
Hi, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
I've been coming since 1975 and brought my son who required glasses from being 2. I've always had amazing service and a thorough examination and the staff are so friendly and knowledgeable. Wouldn't go anywhere else
Hi, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
Excellent and thorough eye examination.
Hi Eileen, thank you for your wonderful review!
I had a very professional and enjoyable experience. Nothing was too much trouble.
Hi Lynn, thank you for the excellent review! We’re so happy that your visit went so smoothly.
Great service and a very patient assistant. Helpful and friendly advice and she was professional and efficient in the dispensing of the prescription. Also bought some sunglasses, so that was a bonus too.
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
Staff were courteous, friendly, professional and took time to fully understand what I required and how to achieve the best results for me.
So helpful …… and a wide range of frames. They helped me choose the frames and explained all the options of lens. I would recommend them .
It would be nice to see some one about my hearing Aid
Hi Colin, thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.55 based on 3,779 reviews