Mango Bikes Reviews

of reviewers recommend Mango Bikes
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Read Mango Bikes Reviews

About Mango Bikes:

Award-winning and affordable lifestyle, commuter, urban and road bikes, hand built in the UK.

sales@mangobikes.com

Kilbride Road, ,

Mango Bikes are brilliant. Due to worldwide demand, it took a while for the bike to arrive. I knew this would be the case when I ordered as Mango kept me in the loop. These people are working flat-out to make this work. Besides the long wait time (which is out of their control), my experience with Mango was great and would readily order again. Thanks!
As you mentioned, your service sucked, your updates were irregular and inaccurate. I didn't mind too much, it's been a hard year and you're trying to do your best. What was worse was that you subscribed me to your mailing list without my consent (and sent really annoying emails telling me to buy new bikes and bigging yourself up when mine hadn't arrived) and what was inexcusable was emailing me to tell me to talk to cycle scheme and re-issue a voucher (under the new rules) so that you made more money - without making clear that it was optional, unnecessary, caused extra work for cycle scheme and for me, and the request was only possible because you were already 2-3 months behind schedule delivering my bike. I'd already been paying off the bike for months on my pay check and wasn't going to risk losing that money. That email really took the biscuit and was dreadful customer service. The bike itself is nice though, thanks! I'm glad you're appointed a new customer manager, and you're looking for feedback that's a good first step. Good luck with improving things in the future, and who's to say, if you listen to feedback, and promise to "out of stock" your website when you're facing stock issues, and treat your customers better, I might even recommend you (with caveats) in the future. All the best, David (PS Your "How quick did the company reply to your queries?" question on this survey doesn't have an option for anything between 12 hours and 1 week)
Hi David Appreciate you taking time to write a thorough review. We added staff, new processes and updated systems to improve. It's been a tough year of learning but we're getting better. Happy cycling
I ordered a custom, single speed with bullhorn bars. Its geared perfectly and exactly what I wanted. Ordering was easy, communication good and the final parts to assembly easy. I would and am likely to buy from mango again Delivery took longer due to covid and parts deliveries plus it was custom Colour ways. The comms about this was good so overall not a problem
Nice bike, easily put together on arrival & good value for money. BUT be prepared to wait 5-6 months for delivery! Painfully slow to arrive with very little contact, and the emails I did get were heavily scripted rather than anything from a genuine person. Sadly the whole process was tainted by the slow and impersonal service. I would think twice before ordering again.
Very easy to deal with and efficient service
We love the new addition to the family. From the moment we placed the order 'the Pooch' was much anticpated. well it didn't disappoint! The service and communication from Andrew and his team provided (not to mention the good humour) was top class, even when there were a few unforseen delays (Brexit, Covid...). Great to support a fun, innovative and cracking small business. My wife will enjoy riding 'the Pooch' around the streets of Bristol for many years. Brilliant service. Brilliant bike. Brilliant team
Very good communication and fast delivery
Very Good Reliable Company Delivery Was Fast
Tough one to call, the bike is great, I expected a delay but it took 5ish months to arrive (I expected a bit of a delay due to covid but it did get a bit ridiculous. I received a bit, but not much communication, and when I did it sounded slightly insincere. Great bike (although the extra strong tyres I bought had a puncture after a few quick trips). Id say if we weren't in a pandemic, go for a bike with Mango as they are lovely bikes. Id say to management etc, maybe keep me in the loop better I.e a bit more communication on how long it will actually take and what's stopping the bike from being shipped. Also saying things like 'i made a boo boo with your order, I know it's a friendly way of dealing with things as an independent company, but at times it seemed a little insincere. 3* is fair.
Once arrived the bike is fine, however, the delivery time was months longer than originally estimated and all subsequent revisions proved untrue . Difficult circumstances but hugely frustrating.
Ordered my bike in June, gave them the benefit of the doubt due to the pandemic that there might be a slight delay. However a month or two later I thought I would give them a call, an email, a message on social media.. no response. Having no idea when my bike was coming I began to get frustrated on the lack of customer communication. After many many calls and messages later I receive a generic email explaining about the delays and they are working on getting my bike to me as soon as they can. In total it took 6 months for the bike to eventually get here after many promised delivery dates.
Great price and rapid delivery. Only thing i can't comment on is the returns procedure (never needed to use).
Good fast trade
Ordered a single speed on 8 June, delivered on 30 November. Just under 6 months. Bike was delivered damaged, and had e-mail ping pong to eventually get a replacement part sent, which I needed fitting at my own expense. Communication throughout the process was very poor, and my estimated dispatch date kept getting moved. Even when pushed for an estimate, this final date moved by over a month. If I'd known it would have taken just shy of 6 months I would never had ordered from Mango Bikes. It's a great bike to ride, but I missed the summer, and autumn to ride it. Original date on order was mid-July, so I had planned a summer of riding. On social media there is a lot of disgruntled people, with a grumble of the £30 restocking fee. I feel if i had cancelled early in my wait, I would have been asked to pay this fee. Hindsight says the bike wasn't anywhere near being assembled. I appreciate the demand for bikes, but nearly 6 months is a joke.
The side pannier I ordered arrived promptly and as described. It was a gift for my daughter who cycles to work. It clips on and off easily and she is delighted with it.
Great service, quick delivery and product was as described. Found their website very user friendly and their products spanned a wide range of requirements. Will definitely use them again.
Great service
This is a 3.5 star review with communication the only reason for docking stars. The pandemic has been good for the bike industry because everyone wants one but bad because supply is down, hence all those bikes being stolen from sheds and elsewhere. I knew this when I ordered a handlebar and tape to replace the original on a 8 year old single speed but I was surprised to see the status of my order as "added to the build list": why I don't know, they're components, but suck it up, this could be a long wait. A couple of weeks later the bar and tape arrived: whoop, whoop !!! A couple of weeks after that an e-mail told me my items had been dispatched and were on the way. Operator error, computer glitches, software over-whelmed? We have two Mangos in the family and they have taken our two key workers to hospital and school all the way through Lockdown 1 and 2 without missing a beat so I'm not critical of the product [we're thinking of adding a 3rd, maybe the OG1x 10 speed] I got my bar and tape at a good price in good time so I'm happy but maybe a tweak to the the customer facing bit?
hi i recently ordered a pair of handlebars from mango bikes the bars were exactly as described and great quality they were also dispatched very quickly and very securely mant thanks
I absolutely love my Mango bike, it's light, speedy, and great value for money! It also looks super cool and I get lots of compliments. Mango are always fast to respond and deal with any questions. My bike (classic single speed) is also really easy to maintain, which is a plus as I am busy and there is lots of demand on bike repair shops at the moment!
Mango Bikes is rated 3.92 based on 580 reviews