Mango Bikes Reviews

of reviewers recommend Mango Bikes
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Read Mango Bikes Reviews

About Mango Bikes:

Award-winning and affordable lifestyle, commuter, urban and road bikes, hand built in the UK.

sales@mangobikes.com

Kilbride Road, ,

Bike itself is good, when buying the bike I’m sure the ad said the bike came with Shimano gears but when I got it, they were a different brand (the website has had an update since and no longer mentions shimano) & unfortunately my bike wasn’t fitted with a mango seat, I got a bit of cheap one which I’ve since replaced as it was uncomfortable. Communication of the changes would of been appreciated considering they’re two major components. Arrived fairly promptly, 4 weeks from the order date it came and was easy to set up. Had a few long rides & the bike handles well, gears could be a bit smoother but overall I’m happy with it just a bit annoying about the gears not being as stated and me being one of the unlucky ones about the seat.
Everything was great except for the fact that I didn't get a confirmation order email or when I should expect my order, which made me think that the website wasn't legit.
I absolutely love my Original single speed in classy black, I was disappointed to be contacted to say that the brown seat wasn't available as this added to the look of the bike. I was surprised when the bike arrived and turned out to be silver, I've asked several opinions and all have agreed that it looks white on the website (perhaps this could be explained on the website to avoid future confusion). I didn't receive any instructions however it was fairly simple to put together. I suppose all in all despite wanting a white bike with a brown seat and ending up with a silver bike with a black seat I'm still fairly happy. Please see attached picture and compare to the colour on the website.
Mango Bikes 4 star review on 22nd April 2021
Hi James, thanks for the feedback. I have updated the image for the product to more accurately reflect the colour.
Nice bike, delivery a little long
Mango Bikes 4 star review on 16th April 2021
The bike itself is great but dealing with Mango as a company was less than smooth.
A high quality bike let down by poor customer service. I immediately scraped off the decals on receipt, changed the saddle and handlebar caps as I would not want to be seen as an advertisement. Such a shame as the bike is so much better than others in this category. Lesson to be learnt is - Communication even if it is bad news is still communication, hearing nothing for weeks and weeks causes distress. The offer of an upgrade on wheels was appreciated but they are the same as the ones my friend received when he ordered his bike (no upgrade)
The bike arrived and is great as expected. Easy to assemble, the communication was pretty appalling but it sounds like you guys are aware of that and I hope it is being fixed. But otherwise can't complain and I hope it lasts as long as my last one from you guys!
I had never ridden an elegant and manageable bike like the one you sent me 😊
Stunning bike. A beauty to ride. Light, slick, comfortable.
Mango Bikes 4 star review on 15th November 2020 Mango Bikes 4 star review on 15th November 2020
Great bikes, patchy communication
We were very happy with bike , lovely and easy to build . It did take much longer to come than expected but Mango kept us up to date and also said they would send some free gifts with the bike because of the wait .We were expecting some lights or other accessories however all we got was a mini pack of Harribo !!
I've had my bike for a few weeks now and I can't fault it so far. The quality of the bike is great, it's lovely to ride and it was really easy to put together. I live in a third floor flat and store it inside so it's really light to pop on my shoulder and carry upstairs. I'm 5 foot 2 so the smaller frame was definitely the right choice for me, With the seat at its lowest I'm on the tip of my toes. One for the shorties to keep in mind. It just took a wee bit of getting used to. I appreciate the challenge the company has had over the past few months with their supply chains and demand. They have acknowledged their communication wasn't great. I think being upfront about supply chains would have appeased a to of peoples frustrations and setting further out delivery dates/ or none at all would have been better. I think if they really take on board all of the learnings from the past few months and put more processes in place to manage it the business will be better off. I wouldn't let reviews from the past few months put you off if you really want a Mango bike but be open to the fact it might take a while to come as it doesn't seem like the demand for bikes is slowing.
I have a second hand mango bike,is amazing¡i will buy a new one as soon as posible¡
A good quality bike and great value for money. I would have rated it 5 stars if the communication would have been better and if they had delivered my order on time. The order which was 2 fixie bikes took more than 4 months to be delivered!
Whilst communication has not always been the greatest (appreciate how busy everyone has been!) my order and any issues were sorted out well in the end and I am extremely pleased with my new bike.
I ordered my bike in May and it arrived in September. All together it took 101 days to arrive. While I appreciate there’s been a huge demand recently for bikes, the communication of when I should expect my bike hasn’t been great. I was always told “another two weeks” then a month later I’d receive an email saying “another two weeks”. I watched the instruction videos before it arrived and so was expecting to receive the tools and instructions with the bike but I didn’t, luckily I have some tools already I was able to use. That said, once the bike was built it was great and I can’t say enough good things about the end product, it’s just a shame the ordeal to get it and build it was such a stressful one.
Mango Bikes 4 star review on 8th September 2020
Well worth the wait! I get that there are issues with Mango bikes as they’ve been swamped with orders, along with many other cycle companies and shops. So I have had no problem waiting for delivery of my order which came this week. I am so happy with my purchase and have been out cycling on it every day this week. Have given 4 stars as the only grumble was having to chase them up for an update on my order. Thankfully I found the details for the owner and he responded immediately and was really helpful and understanding of the situation they were in. Time to head back out on my bike, happy days
Mango Bikes 4 star review on 28th August 2020
The bike is great. Really well made and easy to construct. Some quite major delays in it arriving but understandable considering the demand during lockdown. Despite this I received regular updates and prompt replies to emails sent. Overall very happy.
Really love my single speed! it took a while to arrive due to issues with supply and demand but it was totally worth the wait!
Had a very long wait once ordering had to wait 3 months but it’s understandable in this time, I received my bike today and look forward to testing it when the weather is nice
Mango Bikes is rated 3.92 based on 580 reviews