Mango Bikes Reviews

78% of reviewers recommend Mango Bikes

About Mango Bikes: Award-winning and affordable lifestyle, commuter, urban and road bikes, hand built in the UK.

accounts@mangobikes.com

Mango Bikes,The Mallards,Gloucestershire

Verified Buyer

I have decided to get a new bike because I recently found out that the Peugeot bike that I got from my Grandfather is from 1975. I decide do to put it on the wal and stop riding it and buy a new functional bike. You can imagine hi hard it was to replace a beauty like that on a dayly basis. I found Mangobikes on Londoncyclist website which was well recommended. The fact that it is not a massive brand yet got me in . Received my beautiful classic cream looking bike. Apart from a slight default in the paint on the frame it is fantastic ! Amazing quality and details. I was very impressed in particular by the saddle in brown leather very comfy and the stitches details are brilliant . My only comment and suggestion, it would be the cherry on the cake, would be to make the mango logo maybe a bit more classy or to make it a bit more subtle. I'd be happy to help you with that as I'm a designer and a bike fan . Keep going, you're doing great stuff !
Verified Buyer

Ordered a Point R from Mango almost 1 month ago. Service was great and even gave me some store credit when the price dropped after my order. The bike itself is fantastic and really can't fault it in any way. Would recommend to anyone thinking of getting into cycling.
Thanks Corin :)
Nick L
Verified Buyer

Great service from you, even though all contact was by email you knew that you were in contact with a real person!!
Bike is awesome too!!!
Very pleased thank you.
Steve smith
Ben B
Verified Buyer

Mango is the epitome of "for the people by the people." A small no frills company that offers incredible quality bikes for brilliant prices. Customer service feels personal and friendly. This is a company that is genuine and passionate about what they do. Delivery is fast and the bikes come 90% built with the tiers pumped and all the moving parts greased. Not to mention all the bikes are stylish and slick.

I cannot recommend mango enough and as long as I'm able to cycle I will be doing it on a mango. Not literally a mango, but a bike from mango bikes!
Alex H
Verified Buyer

Delivered freewheel on time and replied to me promptly

Thanks Corin :)
Zephirine W
Verified Buyer

I am now a deliveroo driver, the bike works very well!
Mat H
Verified Buyer

My new point blank raw is the second mango I have had. Both have been absolutely superb bikes. I was hooked from the first ride. Happy times.
Robert S
Michael F
Verified Buyer

Needed a brake lever and Freewheel for customers bike, website said 1-2 days estimated dispatch and next day delivery,
ordered parts on 5th January, on 11th was confirmed that items had been shipped, on 16th only 1 item arrived, was unable to contact by phone as kept cutting me off, took until the 26th Jan for Mango to get back to me and asked if I received order after E-mails asking to cancel order as had to source parts elsewhere, on 27th managed to get a refund.
For a item I thought would take a few days took 22 days to get refund as unable to supply part.
Reason for delay was staffing issues, things happen but was lack of communication from Mango.
Hi Mike, we're incredibly sorry for this. It was bad timing and lack of communication on our side, and whilst our focus was on building bikes your component order slipped through the cracks. I'm glad we managed to resolve everything in the end but apologise that you didn't have the great experience that we'd expect.
Taylor
Verified Reviewer

I recently bought a Point R taking advantage of their £180 pound off the full 105 set up, I personally was very impressed with their regular communication and build updates via email, the bike was built a day in advance of their original target which impressed me and so delivered a day earlier.

Having received the bike and ridden it my opinion is still very positive, the value for money is great and although a little bit heavy it makes for a great winter road bike and would suit as a beginner bike, though this is the intended market anyway so no surprise there. The only negative I could mention if being picky was that you have no say as to when the bike will be delivered, I was lucky my neighbour took it in as it was delivered whilst I was at work. Overall though I'd have to say 10 out of 10 ????
Lynn O
Verified Reviewer

Ordered a customised bike from Mango for my son Rory's 21st birthday. There was a slight hold-up with delivery but when I explained it needed to be here for the big day, Noah pulled out all the stops to get the bike pushed forward in the queue and the bike arrived special delivery at 8.30 on birthday. It's now fully assembled and he loves it – cheers guys!
Paul
Unverified Reviewer

I have just bought a custom classic fixed bike from Mango. I went to visit them first as not all reviews have been great. I did order on line, interesting experience but did manage in end to get the right price in the basket. The bike was built on the agreed date, no issues at this stage and good replies to my various questions. On the day of pick up they had built wrong bike - however by lunch time I had right bike bought to my place of work. These things do happen. Took the bike out for 50 Miles of fixed hard work. For £361 the bike ran true, the wheels soaked up the poor Wiltshire roads, the brakes worked well and overall it should make an excellent winter bike.
Martyn
Verified Reviewer

To start things off, I absolutely love the bike - point AR, in the gorgeous and manly gunmetal, Shimano Sora groupset / FSA crank. Looking forward to takeing this bike out for long rides on British potholed ridden roads, for which my previous bike could not handle but this bad boy seems to be the answer.

So delivery was a little slow as I ordered on the 22/10/16 and took delivery on 10/11/16 but hey good things come to those who wait. And the wait was worth it.

I received my new shiny bike in the new fully built delivery box which takes seconds to fully assemble, just a few Allen key tightning here and there, my only criticism was a flat front tire, which turned out to be due to a slow puncture, ok easy enough to fix, In fairness to Mango they responded very quickly and said they would send me out some more innertubes to compensate. (Yep happy with that)

All in all I would have given 5 stars if only for the few small issues - I would recommend Mango as a company and builders of great bikes and look forward to seeing great things from them in the future.
Ralph G
Verified Reviewer

I recently bought a Point AR frameset and Point R Sora version with Vision wheels upgrade.
Frameset delivered in the Netherlands after 5 days, complete bike within 3 weeks. Excellent packed, great bikes! I build the Point AR myself as a fast commuter and really love it. Point R complete bike is just in for a few days. I only put one extra layer of gel bartape, a set of fenders and swapped Conti 25mm tires for Michelin 28mm endurance tires for this winter. Excellent build, after putting seatpost, front wheel, dropbar and pedals in place I could ride it for over 40km testride without any adjustment!
Great service too, "Noah" answered E-mail questions next day with very valid information.
I have bought and build quite a few bikes last few years, but these bike have excellent ride qualities, look very good and are amazing value for money.
Trixie R
Verified Buyer

In general I am very pleased my two Point AR bikes, however after a few weeks I have had to carry out repairs to my gear cables as the steel outer works its way through the plastic end ferrule. I have now replaced the supplied cables with more robust types with metal ferrules. I'm either unlucky or this is a weakness in the overall build quality.
Hi Trixie, I'm afraid it appears you were very unlucky with this one. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service email if there's anything we can help with.
Nick L

Bike is awesome too!!!
Very pleased thank you.
Steve smith
James
Verified Reviewer

I've had my Mango single speed since 2012 when the company launched. it's still running on the original wheels and components and in fact the only thing I have changed is the tyres. Solid bike for flying around the city.
Neil L
Verified Buyer

It's seems that one star reviews get removed from this site so I will try again, but this doesn't seem to be particularly ethical.

Bought my bike in January, on arrival looked nice but on assembly it was apparent that the headset was tight which was confirmed on my first ride when I nearly came off due to the problem with the headset. Number of punctures do to the inadequate tyres provided with the bike and then the spokes on the front wheel started to come loose. One eventually came out. The gears hadn't been set up correctly which I had to sort myself.

Mango agreed I could take it to a bike shop to get the headset sorted out. They confirmed it hadn't been assembled correctly and it was dangerous. The paint had chipped off around the headset due to the tightness. Mango did provide upgraded wheels due to the spoke issue which were better for a short period.

After a few more weeks bottom bracket went so eventually I was sent a new bike which was fine but recently the rear hub bearings have gone in the rear wheel (water ingress) which I accept can happen but on top of everything else means I have no confidence in the bike. On the new bike the front derailleur was twisted on receipt which I had to sort myself again.

The bike is actually great when it works, looks really good and rides well but the constant problems have meant I wouldn't buy a Mango again. This is a shame as I wanted to support an emerging British firm, others have no doubt had a good experience but mine has been pretty frustrating and disappointing.

No doubt this one star review will disappear again.

7.3.2017 - Update I have been asked by Mango the revise this review, I have replied as follows -

Dear Mango bikes

I am afraid I won't be able to revise my review.

Whilst some of the support I had was acceptable on a number of occasions it took me a lot of time to try to get things resolved. In essence the bikes I had from Mango were nothing but grief.

By way of comparison in roughly the same time period I did 3149 miles on the Mango and with my new bike (Giant) I have done 4189. The Mango was off the road for 3 - 4 weeks in that time (about 5 to 6 months), the Giant has performed faultlessly. Both were roughly the same price.

I take no pleasure in taking this decision but my experience with Mango was very poor to say the least, hence the level of review.

Regards
Hi Neil, we're really sorry that you had a bad experience with the bike. We hope that the solutions we have now provided for you are adequate.

We take a lot of pride in the design and operation of our bikes, and take all feedback very seriously. We have a Point AR rider in the Transcontinental Race this year and another rider travelling over 3000 miles on his Point R.
Simon B
Verified Buyer

The bike is excellent, and the desire to solve an issue caused by delivery is also good, the whole experience was let down by the courier service. My wife is excited to get out on the prom on her new green ladies classic! the bike arrived with minimal work left to get it operational, and helpful videos on the website, I am strongle considering the classic singlespeed but also the point r!!
Jan-Erik L
Verified Reviewer

For some reason my first review was removed from the site? Anyway, I ordered two custom 16 geared versions for my sons. The bikes arrived about two weeks late. I had to email and call several times, as there was no information about the delay. Having read some of the reviews, the two week's delay does not seem like much now!

After the bikes arrived, I immediately noticed some shortcomings. The first bike, black with an orange fork, arrived with a black fork. In addition, the logo "chasewood" was made with stickers on the cranks and they had moved and some were missing. On the other bike the logo was painted and looked much better. I had to tune the gears a bit and tighten the brakes. Mango Bikes promised to send a new fork and a crank, but so far I have not received them.

The second bike was even worse. The delivery was ok, no shortcomings, but the someone had clearly missed quality control on the bike. The gears and brakes were totally not tuned and I had to learn how to do those from the net. After about 200 km, the wheels started making clanking noise. The spokes on the wheels were loose (could be moved by hand) and the front wheel had something rotating inside the tyre. Perhaps a broken spoke end or something? Also the bottom bracket needed tightening. Mango Bikes promised to refund the costs for repairs and tuning at a bike shop.

Overall, the product and concept seem like a good thing, but major improvements should be made in quality control and customer connections. The response (if any) time is just too long. I was looking at a Point R for myself also, but now I am looking elsewhere also.
Hi Jan,

We have replied to another separate review requesting you get in touch with the customer service team. Thanks for your patience.

Mango Bikes
Thomas B
Verified Buyer

Firstly would like to say, thank you very much for a great bike & that I'm very pleased with it.

Ok, so lets get the slightly negative bits out of the way...

When i first received my bike, it was sent with the wrong size seat post. The seat post that was sent was too small in diameter & could have caused damage to the bike if i had tried to tighten the seat post clamp around it, luckily i spotted it soon enough. I purchased the correct size post & fitted it & your team refunded me the cost of the new post. Which i was extremely happy with - so no real problems there, hope you have resolved that easy mistake to make.
Secondly, the gears were not really set up and tuned correctly. The bike may well have been bench tested before it was sent out to me, but i was certainly not road tested as the gear were pretty far out. I had to take it to my local shop to get tuned at a cost of £15.
Another slight issue, was that after pumping my rear tyre up to 100psi (120 psi is max) my inner tube burst. This was caused by the inner liner that protects the inner tube from the spoke ends being, quite frankly no use at all, so i had to get a new inner tube and new lining at a cost of £8. Though this is down the Chasewood who make the wheels and I'm guessing supply the tyres also?
Other than those minor hiccups, i am extremely pleased with my bike. Im a serving member of the armed forces and i use the bike for fitness training after work, also travelling around the base where i am stationed. Its a Point R model, in the fluorescent yellow & certainly catches the eye.
I have spread the word around to my colleagues about mango bikes & they are all very intrigued, as the bikes you are producing are fantastic value for money and i wish you all the success in your business.
I think it is great they you have innovative designs that can allow people to purchase a bike with a customised feel about it for a reasonable price.
Mango Bikes is rated 4.19 based on 94 reviews