Mango Bikes Reviews

of reviewers recommend Mango Bikes
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Read Mango Bikes Reviews

About Mango Bikes:

Award-winning and affordable lifestyle, commuter, urban and road bikes, hand built in the UK.

sales@mangobikes.com

Zdenko H
Jennifer S
Heather W
More Photos & Videos
Loving my new wheels - have already named her Frankie ... Frankie the fixie! She has helped me get around London during the lockdown and helped me avoid public transport. Mango were great at delivery and I managed to put her together in about 15 minutes... and I have zero bike knowledge!
Mango Bikes 5 star review on 6th July 2020 Mango Bikes 5 star review on 6th July 2020 Mango Bikes 5 star review on 6th July 2020
Fantastic work.

Our first video review as well - thank you so much for taking time to do this.

Happy cycling
Love my bike, but it took an age to arrive (not Mango's fault in a pandemic, but communication could have been much, much better). Also, I didn't get any instructions on how to put my bike together, or any tools...... There's an 'instructional video' on the website but it's about as much help as a chocolate teaspoon. The actual bike is great though, no complaints there!
We ordered the bike on around 26th June. Told to expect the bike towards the end of July. Received mid September. Communication about the back log was minimal. I missed the 5% promotion by not putting the code I was entitled to use into my order. When I asked if it could be applied retrospectively on two occasions the request was completely ignored. I also asked if all the accessories which were not just for this bike be shipped separately earlier as the bike was taking so long. Again, this request was not acknowledged or answered. The bike and the parts are all good quality. Perhaps it might be worth charging more and hiring someone to help take care of the logistics and customer service side of the business. 2 stars as the bike and equipment is great but everything else was poor and if you can't get that write then people will go elsewhere.
Fantastico producto en relación calidad precio, pero PESIMo customer service.
Me han entregado la bicicleta con 3 meses de retraso y lo peor sin contestar debidamente a mis mensajes, sino tener nunca una confirmación en firme del plazo de entrega
Whilst communication has not always been the greatest (appreciate how busy everyone has been!) my order and any issues were sorted out well in the end and I am extremely pleased with my new bike.
I bought the Beryl Burner rear light from Mango and it arrived quickly, at a decent price too.
I’m glad i ordered with Mango.
You can choose bike, choose a frame, choose a wheels, choose a saddle, choose a Foxy colour for almost every single thing, choose a pedals, handlebars, drivetrain...
Their bikes are superb, well build and fun to ride. And if you turn it to Fixie it will pedal on its own :) Definitely it is worth the wait. Which wasn't so bad, now a day.
Mango Bikes 5 star review on 21st September 2020
The communication was great! I always knew where the bike was in process. And the outcome, this bike is amazing, INSANE! My daughter is going to LOVE it!
Mango Bikes 5 star review on 21st September 2020
Initially worried based on feedback but I shouldn't have as the order process was simple and delivery was super quick from Ireland to watford, less than a week. Highly recommend oh and the helmets are perfect. Thanks
An absolutely beautiful bike. Its just a shame that I had to wait 3 months from the date of order to receive it.
Whilst waiting I received sarcastic, unamusing emails abt it's current build status...i.e 'If you could ride a bike without wheels you'd be good to go....'
This was after waiting 2 months. Further excuses followed.
When stating I'd waited a quarter of my Cyclescheme contract & made 3 payments on my order I was sent a £5 light, that doesn't work as compensation.
People have commented on my bike, how amazing it looks etc, but when I tell them of the service I received they said they'd go elsewhere. Real shame.
'If your customer service was as good as your bikes you'd be onto a winner...'
5 star product. 0 star service.
Decent bike once I received it. It took 15 weeks, which wouldn't have been a massive issue however updates were few and far between and any info I did get on an estimated build date was usually wrong. First claims that all they needed was the frame to finish my bike, then wheels, then an email to say they had my wheels, followed by one saying they in fact didn't and it'd be another 6 week wait unless I upgraded.

The bike is decent enough and for the price it'd be an excellent buy if it wasn't for the poor comms.

To be fair both Emily and Mike seemed lovely genuine people, the staff are owed an absolutely incredible staff party after all this.

On a side note the update blogs were enfuriating. The language used was bizarre, hire a marketeer and fast!
Love the bike, but the delivery and customer service experience was really unacceptable to be honest. The bike arrived 4 months late, with very little to no communication. I do get the guys at Mango are a small company with an overwhelmingly amount of orders, but even a reply to an email or a message would go a long way.
The worst customer care I have ever experienced. My order went on for months and nothing ever got better. Communication was pretty much non existent. Promised timelines to get my bike constantly got longer. After waiting for months, I then got an email to tell me the parts for my bike were weeks away from even being in stock (first I’d heard anything like this). When I then asked to cancel my order, I was charged a ‘restocking fee’. Which is laughable given they have zero stock. Before you buy, read customers comments on their Instagram/Facebook/Twitter to get an idea of what I’m talking about. It’s a shame that poor leadership has led to this happening.
I think the common theme here is the constant advertising of unrealistic likely delivery dates compared to actual delivery times experienced. I ordered beginning of June and received my bike at beginning of September. All the way through this process, Mango were still advertising lead times of 4-6 weeks. So they took the business decision to prioritise a full order book compared to a realistic delivery schedule. I understand it, and it "worked" - they got an order out of me where I would have gone elsewhere. But, do you want to do business with a company like this? I don't, but they got the last laugh as I am cycling around on a giant advert for them. No problems with the bike.
Just got my knog lights. Great easy to use and lots of flashlight options. Nice colour options too!👍🏻
Don’t buy from this company.

I understand there’s been set backs regarding Covid-19 and the increase in demand, but this does not warrant the decline in customer service that everyone is experiencing.

Instead of lining your pockets with the increase in cash you’re gaining over this period, why don’t you hire more customer service staff to actually communicate with your customers. Instead they decide to bombard you with rubbish email campaigns and pointless blogs.

How hard would it be to simply respond to customers regarding an estimated wait time that actually is accurate instead of adding an extra week or so every time they ask? I managed to create a spreadsheet that estimated when my bike would be arriving that was accurate to the nearest week! If I can do something like this why the hell cant you with the millions of data points you have available.

The bike itself is brilliant, but they still managed to mess that up by not packaging the front wheel well, and ended up leaving the screw for the quick release wheels bent and hanging out of the box!

Abysmal service and absolute nightmare of a company to deal with.
Ordered a bike helmet on 28/06/20 still not received it and have emailed 5 times tried to ring several times both of which have been totally ignored! I have asked for a refund but it seems like I may have to use a medium to get in touch with this company as not getting anywhere. It’s wrong to take somebody’s money when an item isn’t in stock.
Great amazing, High quality bikes. Apart form late bike arrival. 10/10 great job guy keep it up
I ordered my bike in May and it arrived in September. All together it took 101 days to arrive. While I appreciate there’s been a huge demand recently for bikes, the communication of when I should expect my bike hasn’t been great. I was always told “another two weeks” then a month later I’d receive an email saying “another two weeks”. I watched the instruction videos before it arrived and so was expecting to receive the tools and instructions with the bike but I didn’t, luckily I have some tools already I was able to use. That said, once the bike was built it was great and I can’t say enough good things about the end product, it’s just a shame the ordeal to get it and build it was such a stressful one.
Mango Bikes 4 star review on 8th September 2020
Due to the pandemic I waited nearly 3 months for my bike. Communication wasn’t great but did get better as things started to ease up.
Would I have liked my bike sooner?
Yes, of course. But given the situation I knew it would take longer than any estimate given. And now I have my bike it was well worth the wait.

The main thing is that my bike is AMAZING! I’m so happy with the quality of parts, how it looks and how it rides! (Like a dream!!).

Thank you Mango bikes!
Mango Bikes 5 star review on 7th September 2020
I will start with saying despite my 3 stars my custom single speed bike is really fantastic and I am really happy with it. I am just very disappointed that the communication with Mango between me placing my order (24th June) and when my bike arrived (2nd September) was very poor. After a few weeks a date finally arrived on my account as ‘start of August’ and then a generic email saying that the frames had finally arrived and the bike would be ready soon.....I contacted Mango twice, once via email and once by phone - neither time got a response. Whilst I appreciate that they had a huge backlog due to the pandemic, I didn’t even get an apology! All I see is Mango congratulating themselves. Well done your bikes are incredible but work on your customer service!
Mango Bikes 3 star review on 7th September 2020