Mango Bikes Reviews

of reviewers recommend Mango Bikes
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Read Mango Bikes Reviews

About Mango Bikes:

Award-winning and affordable lifestyle, commuter, urban and road bikes, hand built in the UK.

sales@mangobikes.com

Unit 2 Doagh Business Park
Kilbride Road
Ballyclare
BT39 0QA

Tell us how Mango Bikes made you happy
Very easy to order, fully customised, good price / payment options and delivered in less than a week. Only small issue is I am 6ft 1 and I would have probably gone for the medium frame rather than large if I were to order again. Other than that I would highly recommend!!
Ordered from mango for the first time and can say I’ve been very impressed from start to finish. I chose to build a custom single speed bike and it couldn’t have been easier, so many great options and colours for the design too. Ordered the bike on Saturday and it came the Thursday after, very impressed with how quickly it was built and shipped Will definitely be ordering from here again in the future
Love my new Mango bike, came well packaged and easy to assemble, It’s lite drives quickly and smooth.
I used the chat function to check the specs on some bottle holders on special deal. The replies were very quick, helpful but personal and funny so not just a robot at the other end. This helped me make my decision and delivery was super quick.
A real shame because I actually love my mango bike and receive great enjoyment from riding it; but, the service I received when I ordered some fresh parts for my bike was utterly atrocious. I ordered back in November/October time and received my parcel early January. Along side this, any communication that happened was initiated by myself. (I was offered a T-shirt as a consolation but felt there was no point being sent one that I wasn’t going to get use out of). I understand that mistakes happen but it was more the lack of comms and the manor it was dealt with (or not) in.
Pros ***** Bike is lovely to look at, in fact beautiful. Bargain price at just £360. Easy to put together (except my tyre issue (see Cons) Great customer service / delivery communication. Great customisation website concept. Cons ****** The bike is HEAVY, which could be a 'Pro', as it's excellent hill training and will make me even fitter up and down the Chilterns. But for the price, what was I really expecting. Maybe you could do a carbon fibre framed version for £1000. Just an idea. The tyres were not seated properly, but I found a YouTube video which explained how to add washing up liquid to my rims and talcum power to my tube, then all resolved itself.
Getting a bike form Mango Bikes was a total pleasure. Ordering was easy and fun, Andrew and the team were amazing answering questions, and sorting out Cycle to Work scheme issues etc. The bike itself is perfect for my commuting. Highly highly recommend!
Very pleased with the Bike, great price, performs well and looks good.
I really like the bike and I am glad I chose a mango single speed, but like a few people have said, the customer service wasn't amazing. After ordering there was no expected dispatch date?? After a week I called up and to be fair they were good on the phone and said it would be built the next day and dispatched the day after. 3 days later I called up as I hadn't heard a peep... They were missing a single part from the built bike and said it would be another week. Not only would it be nice to have been told, but I missed out on the 15% off offer by a day or two, but expect people who got it got there bike when I did :(
Had to wait a little longer ( 4 weeks ) but definitely worth the wait, we bought his and hers custom single speeds, mine is now my daily commuter and I am completely converted to single speed for commuting. We can’t wait to get them out with the campervan 🤙🏻.
Hi Paul, thank you for the kind words, nice pic too, keep an eye on next weeks chronicycles 👀
The bike itself seems great, but the buying experience has been awful. You took my payment even though you didn’t have the product, I accepted an alternative on the promise of free mudguards to make up for it. These never arrived and nobody has replied to either of my emails enquiring why.
Delivery very prompt, excellent !
Good quality saddles and swift delivery. I’d have given 5 stars if it wasn’t for all the hipster type communication style but some like that kind of thing
The bike is lovely! Looks great, easy to set up and fun to ride. Ordering was simple and it arrived in 2 weeks which was pretty quick. Only issue was the tyres that came with the bike, the rear one was faulty so I had to replace it on the second ride.
I'm now at the end of a very long drawn out process of communicating with Mango bikes. I bought my single speed around 18 months ago and also bought upgraded wheels, pannier rack and mud guards. The bike was generally good quality for the money although the brakes pads are pretty poor (had to change to better quality pads which largely sorted it out). However, after various attempts to fit the guards and rack I realised I could not do it and tried to return them. I contacted Mango multiple times and they simply did not respond. I got fed up and gave up. After a few months the wheel bearings started to grind. I took the bike to a reputable local bike shop who assessed the situation and confirmed that the bearings did not accurately fit the bike so needed to be replaced (or buy new wheels). I picked up the contact again (phone and email) and generally had a very difficult time getting hold of anyone. When I did get hold of someone They said they would be back in touch with me but never did. I tried again multiple times but got bored and very fed up trying to get hold of them. I ended up buying new wheels, separate guards and racks to the tune of £300. I threw the old stuff in the bin out of frustration (over a year had passed by this point). I felt aggrieved so got in touch again. After much chasing and hounding I was told that I had no right to claim a refund as I should have returned the stuff (!). I explained multiple times that I had tried to contact them and attempted to resolve via the customer service team with no success. In the end I was offered a gesture of a £45 partial refund. So the bike is now 'ok' with me having spend double the original value of the bike sorting it out. The customer service was absolutely appalling. One of the worst experiences I have ever had. So if you want an ok bike crack on but do it with hope as you'll likely never get hold of the customer service team. when they've got your money you won't get it back. Overall a real shame and I feel (as another review has stated) that mango need to invest some proper time in customer service and lay off the instagram pictures
Great bike, delivered quickly and it's good quality, fast and looks brilliant. Highly recommend.
I first found Mango bikes soon after they launched in, errrr...2012. I liked that they were doing something different, but didn't really need a new bike at the time. Fast forward to 2020. My old Specialized frame cracked and spec. refuse to warranty it. Just like they refused to even do a crash replacement on the original spec. I owned "We hafff no stock".... Anyway, I spotted the Point-R with Tiagra in Neon Yellow. Hell Yeah!! So I decided to give Andrew & Mango a go. On a like for like basis, nothing comes close. A Specialized Allez Sport comes in at 850 and has a Sora drivetrain, or the Elite has 105. The Point R with the Vision Team 30 wheels comes in at 655; £200 cheaper than the Allez Sport, but with better kit and in a cooler colour. Spend wisely and go with Mango. They're good.
Great bike for the price, functional and fun. Great colours too
Hi Guys At Mango Bikes Just A Few Words Great Looking Bikes Great Service Fast Delivery Very Helpful Awesome Job Keep The Good Work Up Darren
Great service from Andrew while purchasing my Point R. Bike and extras arrived in a good time and were well packaged with easy assembly. There was no chasing for updates as these came through by email. The Point R is a great bike, especially given the price tag for the quality of product in return. I would definitely recommend going for the Tiagra and a pair of SPDs. I have had some great comments from friends and looking forward to using it for training and a charity challenge I have planned in June.
Mango Bikes is rated 4.26 based on 233 reviews