Made by Cooper Reviews

1 Lion ChambersSt Georges Square,

Tell us how Made by Cooper made you happy

customer service
Alan Parkinson
"I ordered some badges for participants of a project I'm leading. I had a design in mind, and this was amended slightly to fit the specification of the hard enamel badges. I was offered a different format, but decided to go for the amended design, which has worked out beautifully. Next time round, I would perhaps try the free colour-change design to produce different colour ways. If I have need of more badges I will certainly be back. There's a real buzz from those who receive the pins. My only comment would be to look for a paper based 'bag' to protect the pins from scratches in the delivery if that was possible."
Maude Koster
"3 years and 7 different designs as pins, and I am ALWAYS super happy of the result. All of my clients loves them and I can never complain about the quality or whatever... because there is nothing to complain about. Service is clear, fast, clever, and the people from the design section are really helpful. The pins are always good quality, and since the first I ordered are still in a super nice shape, I will continue to work with Made by cooper in the future ! :) I am a tattoo artist and I always share your name whenever other artists ask me!"
Verified Customer
"Excellent from start to finish. From the initial order placing, dealing with the art department to get my colours spot on, to the finished article, everything was just so easy. The pins have turned out better than i could've hoped. will definitely be using again on future projects."
"The text quality of the coins are poor and looks cheap."
"I used Made by Cooper for a run of 500 badges. The design originally included some small cutouts which they warned me were too small to manufacture, saying the minimum hole size for the cutter is 2mm. We increased the size of the badge to accommodate the minimum cutout size. The final visual we agreed on showed these cutouts on the front and rear of the design, with a minimum diameter of 2mm. The badges came through with tiny, tiny holes (< 0.5mm), much smaller than the size we agreed. To be specific, the cutout started at 2mm on the front and then narrowed to 0.5mm at the back. The result wasn't great and if I had been warned about this I would have changed the design radically. I've had to apologise to my customers and accept a few returns. Unfortunately, I don't believe Made by Cooper can be relied on to sufficiently inform their customers of manufacturer limitations. They will respond to this review saying something like "they were made correctly to the tolerances" or asserting that the badge "has been made correctly" as they repeated multiple times during the email thread in which I tried to communicate the issue and perhaps have them update their guidance appropriately. They have yet to tell me *why* they believe my problems to be invalid. Ultimately you go to Made by Cooper instead of directly to the manufacturer to get their experienced design step - they have made many badges and are supposed to know what works and what doesn't. I think they failed in their fundamental job as the middleman between me and Alibaba. I think the badges themselves are of reasonable quality, their website is simple to use and their design team responded quickly. However, without the ability to own up to their mistakes or even present a basic case for why it was actually my fault (which I would gladly accept if shown a line or instruction I somehow missed) I couldn't possibly recommend them to anyone for anything other than an extremely simple design."
"The time between submitting the order and delivery was long. The colours are off."
Thanks for the review however these patches were delivered a week ahead of schedule and find them to be accurate thread colours to the specification approved.
"This is the 13th enamel pin I’ve produced and my first with Made By Cooper. I was so disappointed! The lines are too thick, the colors were off, I had far more seconds that couldn’t be used, and overall it just doesn’t look like the same quality of the other pins I’ve produced. Darn."
Thanks for the feedback, we cant find any communication about this other than this review, if you can contact us with pictures and explanations and can hopefully try to fix this?
"Customer service is spotty. I've asked them questions via email, and their replies many times were not thorough and did not answer my question, so I would have to send another email reiterating my question, asking for more detail. This would turn into a long, time-consuming process, taking days before I got an answer to my question, which is unfortunate when you're on a deadline. "Design" services were also spotty. This is where your design is reviewed by their design team, and they create a proof, or "visual" that gets sent to the manufacturer in China. They made many errors in the instructions on my proofs, which I would correct, send back to them via email, and then wait for them to send me another proof to approve. This also would take days, slowing down the process and eating away at my deadline. I did order several sets of pins from them, and each time, at least 10% had major cosmetic imperfections (ie., enamel not filled in), and another 20% had minor imperfections (ie., dust or fingerprints in the enamel). Overall, unsatisfactory experience. I will be looking for a new service."
"Almost non-existent communication. I appreciate that you receive a proof, but after that there is no more communication about your project. I've been checking the status of my order and for a month it has just said "in production". Other pin designers I know that have worked with other manufacturers get production photos, and various updates throughout the process... and I've seen them request an order after I did and they already have their perfect products in hand. If you email them, it takes several business days to get a response, if they even respond. I hope my pins turn out okay. :/ I'm really bummed because I picked Made by Cooper for their prices and the fact that they are a reputable company, but now I'm starting to wonder if I will ever see my pins."
Sorry that you've had this experience, we have a status dash board to show clients where their job is with estimated delivery dates. If you can please let us know which job this is in reference to I can take a look to see what issues you've been having.
"Took along time for the badges to be delivered."
"Whilst the size and shape of our badges is fine, we are VERY disappointed in them as the colour is very different from what we expected. The background colour should be a "vibrant" purple and they are virtually pink."
Thanks for the review, we have just checked the colour against the supplied Pantone and find it to be very accurate, please email us to discuss.
"Lacking in communication skills and efficient design process. Even after the pins were made and shipped I had questions about the colours coming out as expected and I was pushed away with default answers. No actual care was given about my desired product or my need for a better end quality. I easily took my ongoing monthly orders elsewhere."
"Communication was among the poorest I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing. Replies were few and far between. Wasn't able to complete my order by the already shockingly long expected ship date. There is no incentive to return to made by cooper for repeat business. We've found a manufacturer that is responsive, affordable, reliable. Quicker, and with a better quality product."
Sorry you feel like this about your experience. I can see there were a few defective goods which I can see are being replaced as quick as possible. We checked and all replies seemed to be managed in a timely manor, sorry this wasn't quick enough.
"Ordered patches and pin badges. Was give a delivery upon payment which we were happy with. 4 weeks later and we are still waiting on the pins and will have another 2/3 week wait for them. The patches recieved did look super though"
"Hi. Overall the design is okay. However in terms of safety. At the back of the pin, supposedly there are 2 sharp edges to put the rubber thing. But below the sharp edges, there are smaller sharp edges that is not suppose to be there. I can provide you pictures if you want to see it. My customer rejects it because of these so this is a problem."
Hi, yes please send pictures, are you referring to the anti-swivel part of the pin fixing? this is standard on pins to stop it swivelling?
"MadebyCooper aren't very good at keeping you informed of delivery schedules, I had to keep chasing for updates. A few days before the scheduled delivery date I contacted them to confirm it, and they said 'oh it's been delayed, it'll be another 2 weeks now' - and I'd already waited six weeks for delivery, so that turned into 8 weeks. It put me in an extremely difficult position because I had many customers waiting for their orders and I had to go back to them all and tell them there would be a further delay. Not happy. Please try to manage your customer expectations better, and also improve your communication with your customers. Regular updates would be helpful and also if there are going to be delays please inform us as soon as you can. Every single order I have placed with MadebyCooper has been delayed. :("
We are sorry for the delays, sometimes it happens where the pins are rejcted and need to remade which is only something can be found late in the day. We are working on notifications in the future.

We understand the frustration but we can not be responsible for any preorders issues, our commitment is to deliver to you as soon as we can with good product.
"I feel let down by the design process. As there is no sampling, just a rendered drawing I cannot sell the end products that I ordered. The pins are too dark, with a black base, and lines to depict the design the overall white in the image that floods over it appears dirty. Some of the other colours in my design are the same, red in particular. I feel that the designers could have made it clear that this would be the case before production and recommended another base such as gold or silver. Production was to time and delivery timing as promised. So it is just a great shame I was left without a product to sell, I would have spent good money on a sample to avoid this loss."
Sorry to hear you're not happy with the pins, if you could show us the problem with some photos to make sure where the errors are and if they can be fixed as the designs we produce are usually accurate, we don't submit designs that can not be made.
"When ordering we specified our deadline which we absolutely couldn't miss. After paying we had no updates from Madebycooper so I chased them two days before the delivery date and they told me they were not going to arrive until a week after. They were very unsympathetic and were unwilling to compensate for the delay and additional costs we incurred for missing our deadline - minus the express fee which we shouldn't have paid anyway. On all occasions their support team were unfriendly and curt. The pins were of good quality but I cannot recommend them due to their late delivery and unwillingness to go out of their way to help"
"The final pin I recieved was decent quality, but there was a mistake. After contacting customer service they used the process as an excuse and offered no help to fix their mistake. It's a shame because now I am stuck with almost $300 worth of illegible pins."
"Just be aware that the design services are not free if you decide not to order from them. There is a design fee but the only place that is disclosed is deep in the small print in the Terms and Conditions. It's not unheard to pay a fee like this but it is frustrating (and a little shady) that the site says "design services are free" without qualifying that it is only free if you place an order."
"Ordered hard enamel pins. Pins showed up as soft enamel. They offered to fix the issue at no charge but it really shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. Will not be returning because of the hassle."
Sorry to hear this, we have contacted you and of course will fix this accident with out question.
you're right, should not have happened, but they unfortunatley do and we are sorry it did, but glad we could fix the problem for you
"We initially received a fantastic service and product from Made By Cooper but I'm really sad to say that both have been on a steady decline since their rapid rise in popularity. Recent orders have arrived late, with the wrong backings and are increasingly sloppy and communication has been curt. It's really depressing to see that they also outsource to China when we pride ourselves on using UK companies. I really feel like that's something they should disclose, especially when taking credit for all the items made. I was also really annoyed to see them use one of our photos on Instagram which they'd rudely added their own watermark to!"
Thanks for the review, sorry you feel you have received poor service, we do try to answer all emails as fast as we can and help where possible. If you let us know which orders were late hopefully we can see why and what happened, it's worth noting all our dates are approximate and not deadlines unless has been agreed prior to order. Regarding manufacture we do not hide where we make them, in fact we are currently helping those that sell on Esty with information regarding manufacturing due to their policies. Quite happy to remove the picture should you want us, no problems. A lot of people like we post their items to help promote with a link to their bio, but happy to remove if you let us know which one.
"I think they do good work. Love seeing all the creations come to life through social media. My order went through late, the mock up was so-so on quality, and then it got lost in the mail on the way to me. For two months. Instead of contacting me with updates, keeping me informed, letting me know the policy on any of this, I got back attitude and general snark. I think the company is good, but definitely needs some public relations or retail training. If a package is delayed or lost, you need to let them know how you're looking into it, or time frames to expect before a reprint, etc...not belittle your client for even asking what to expect. The pins were great when they did arrive. Good work, a few extras included and no flaws that I saw. I want to like this company! Maybe next time."
Sorry you feel this way, if you weren't happy with the design then this should have been raised with us, we did do several revisions for you attending to your exact requests. When asked we explained they were stuck in postal system, something out of our control, we explained we would sort this out for you, rather than waiting for them to turn up we organised a remake at extra cost to us to ensure they arrived before they got returned to us (at this point still waiting to be returned to us) we appreciate there was extra delays here but we resolved this as fast as we possibly could.
Made by Cooper is rated 4.80 based on 2,581 reviews